• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 3,089 Views, 112 Comments

The True Story of Vanilla Beam - VanillaBeam



The story of how the smallest pony started on his big adventure, and made bigger friends.

  • ...
4
 112
 3,089

Chapter 8

Chapter 8

We flew for maybe about ten minutes. It was the best first flight I ever took part in. It was actually the first time I ever flew at all, even if I was normal. The wind blowing though my mane, the smell of fresh air and the cool summer breeze, it felt like the best rush that I could've ever taken in my entire life.

Now that doesn't compare to a flight with Rainbow Dash, but we'll get to that later.

We soon arrived at the library. Even at actual size, it was a giant tree, in the middle of town. It looked like a very cozy house to live in. Too bad it was only used as a library, but on the other hoof, it serves as the perfect home for the pony I'm about to tell you about.

Fluttershy looked up and asked if it was fun. I told her, "That was the most fun I ever had, EVER!!" She giggled and headed toward the door.

"NOW, TWILIGHT CAN BE A LITTLE.......... SKIDDISH WHEN IT COMES TO THINGS LIKE........ WELL, YOU. SO PLEASE DON'T BE OFFENED BY HER IF SHE ACTS A LITTLE STRANGE, OKAY?"

"Okay, I trust you." I replied. She took that as an okay, and proceeded to knock on the door. "TWILIGHT? ARE YOU HOME?" she asked. Shortly after, we got a quick reply. "COME ON IN FLUTTERSHY. I'LL BE THERE IN A MINUTE." We took that as an "okay", and simply trotted in.

It was the first time I had ever been at the library. I kind of wasn't into books, and still kind of aren't. But looking around, I was in awe at how many books were in just ONE room! There must've been at least a hundred in one room. And the place looked so clean, I could almost see our reflection on the wooden floor. Yeah, it was THAT clean.

Anyway, we stood there and waited for this Twilight Sparkle. She soon came in, carrying a few books in a strange aura that followed her. I forgot, she must've been a unicorn. Sure enough, I saw her horn. She looked nice, nice mane color, nice body fur color, and pretty cutie mark. I could also tell she must've been a real bookworm being how she lives in a library of all places.

"HI FLUTTERSHY. WHAT BRINGS YOU HERE?" she asked.

"UMM, TWILIGHT, I NEED TO ASK YOU SOMETHING ABOUT SOMETHING I FOUND TODAY."

"OH, HERE." she said as she floated a book over to her. "I JUST GOT THIS BOOK ON THE ENCYCOPIDIA OF EVERYTHING. THIS MIGHT HELP YOU."

"NO, THANK YOU. WHAT I MEAN WAS...... WELL, HAVE A LOOK FOR YOURSELF." Fluttershy then lowered her head and put me in sight of the gigantic unicorn. Twilight, when she saw me, let out a huge gasp, and lifted me into the air with her magic.

"A TINY PONY? BUT, HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? THERE'S SO MUCH THAT CAN BE LEARNED ABOUT THIS. I'LL HAVE TO RUN SOME TESTS." This thought made me start to shiver. Was she going to put me through shock treatments? Possible amputation? Or worse................. SHOTS?!

Fluttershy saw my fear, and spoke up. "TWILIGHT! STOP SCARING VANILLA!"

"VANILLA? IS THAT YOUR NAME?"

"Y-Y-Yes Twilight. Please, c-c-could you not give me a sh-shot?" I could barely breathe I was so scared. Twilight then saw me scared, and gave me a gentle hug.

"I'M SORRY FOR SCARING YOU. I GUESS I CAN SKIP THE TESTS. BUT COULD YOU TELL ME HOW YOU WERE SHRUNK?"

So, I began to tell them about that night, when Hexyl tricked me into helping him take over Equestria, and how he used a new spell to shrink me. As I told Twilight all of my information, something seemed to bother Twilight. Almost as if she was feeling some type of fear.

"SO YOU ARE SAYING THAT THIS WIZARD, NAMED HEXYL, SHRANK YOU?"

"Yes. Is there any way you can help me?"

"WHAT DO YOU THINK TWILIGHT?"

"WELL, I CAN'T HELP YOU RIGHT NOW, BUT I KNOW WHO CAN. MY TEACHER PRINCESS CELESTIA SHOULD KNOW A REMEDY."

"You are a student of Princess Celestia?! Oh my gosh, you are like, the luckiest pony alive." Twilight blushed at that remark.

"WELL, I'M NOT THAT LUCKY, BUT I HAVE SUCH GREAT FRIENDS, SO I GUESS I AM." I listened to that, and thought of how great it would be to be friends with Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy.

"I'LL GO SEE CELESTIA NOW. FLUTTERSHY, HOW ABOUT YOU HAVE SOME OF THE GIRLS OVER?"

"OH HOW WONDERFUL. THEY'LL ALL GET TO MEET VANILLA. OKAY:" Twilight gave a nod, a teleported off, leaving me in front of a towering Flutershy, just smiling sweetly at me.