• Published 23rd Apr 2013
  • 3,836 Views, 110 Comments

Rainbow Factory Condemned - LordCarn



Five years ago, The Rainbow Factory was condemned by Princess Celestia and many questions were left unanswered as to why. Now, as a filly, starting your first year in flight school, your classmates decided to give you a test to prove your worth.

  • ...
12
 110
 3,836

Chapter 6

Several minutes pass before you could conjure the strength to proceed. You look towards the door, rise from the chair, proceed to raise the lever, and solemnly walk out of the directory office. You look back at the door the mare had gone through. You approach the door and attempt to open it and, as expected, it was locked. You renter the directory office and begin examining the map. As you do so, one thing on it catches your eye, Director of Weather's office. If there is a way out of here, that would be your best bet. You take a spare piece of paper and a pencil off of the desk and begin to sketch out the best pathway to the office.

After completing it, you head out of the office and begin to follow the map you had just drawn. The farther you go, the more the factory seemed to turn into a commercial office. You approach the door you seek, and attempt to open it. Once more, you find another locked door. You notice an assistant's desk nearby and begin systematically searching the desk for anything that might be of use. Taped under the desk, you find a key. Assuming this is the key to the Director's office, you return to the door, insert the key, and open it.

Entering the Director's office was like entering the mind of a madman. Writing covered the walls, paper littered the floor, and in the center of the room is a coffee table and upon it, a key with a small sticky note on it. 'The Key to the Madness.' You cautiously enter the office, taking note of the words written upon the walls. You begin to feel as though you are being watched. You glance at the walls. The words upon them seem to shimmer and warp. Some converge with each other and form.... eyes. All around you, staring at you. You cringe under their gaze. As you grew closer and closer to the key within the center of the room, so did the eyes. The key was close now. You reach out to the key and discover that it was not close at all.

You look towards the walls around you for there was nothing else you could see. The eyes upon them focused their gaze on you. All around you, four walls, no escape. You close your eyes to escape this madness. After a couple of minutes you reopen them to find yourself lying on the ground in the middle of the doorway to the Director's office. The key was in your hoof. The words on the note had changed. 'Always watching.' An eyeball was drawn underneath the words. You glance back into the office and see two yellow and glowing eyes within the darkness. You quickly scramble to your hooves, slam the door, and run.