• Published 23rd Apr 2013
  • 3,836 Views, 110 Comments

Rainbow Factory Condemned - LordCarn



Five years ago, The Rainbow Factory was condemned by Princess Celestia and many questions were left unanswered as to why. Now, as a filly, starting your first year in flight school, your classmates decided to give you a test to prove your worth.

  • ...
12
 110
 3,836

Chapter 5

The figure was bigger than you, and appeared to be a lot stronger as well. It spread it's wings and took off from the ground at lightning speed. Startled by this lightning fast flyer you accidentally step backwards into the lever on the control panel. A small click is heard and the fans overhead begin and start instantly providing a noticeable air current. The figure in mid flight tries to fly against the current to come right for you but slows down dramatically before being forced to land. But there wasn't time to examine the situation for it was still coming after you.

You dart left in an attempt to escape through the cat walk but discover that the door was locked. You continue running through the weather factory, glancing behind you to ensure it wasn't catching up. You notice another door straight ahead labeled "directory". You quickly run through this door and activate a lever next to it labeled "sound proof barrier".

A muffled but very audible "No!" was heard behind you. It sounded feminine. A glass screen slides down from above the door. Now slightly safer from the mysterious mare, you are able to examine her at a closer proximity. She was wearing a black latex suite and her tail was dyed an unnatural black. She wore tinted goggles to hide her eyes. She points at you and slides her hoof across the bottom of her neck, turns around and walks back to the factory door. She inserts a key and opens the door. She turns and looks at you for a couple of seconds but then vanishes through the door. The door closes itself automatically.

You breath a sigh of relief now that the danger had passed. You begin to take in your surroundings. You are in a control booth. You examine the control panel, several operate doors. There was even a map of the facility, except it had nothing on the rainbow factory section. There were stacks of paper scattered about the room. As you begin to flip through them, one catches your eye. It's entitled 'To my beloved'

"To my wife who lives here in Cloudsdale, I wish I could see you again after what I've heard from the director, and I learned a terrible truth about how rainbows are truly made. Now I have only one choice, work in the factory or accept the same fate as many ponies have in the past. If anypony finds this letter, take my advice and avoid any contact with anything from upstairs. And... and if you could tell my wife and my beloved (son/daughter), _______________ that I love them very much and I'm so sorry for abandoning them like this. I can hear the guards coming now, I'm going to conceal this letter within my office. I hope somepony finds it."

You slowly walk over to the chair within the room and sit down, stunned at what you've just read. Your father wrote this letter. You quietly sob to yourself, knowing that your father died trying to expose the truth about this evil place.