• Published 23rd Apr 2013
  • 3,836 Views, 110 Comments

Rainbow Factory Condemned - LordCarn



Five years ago, The Rainbow Factory was condemned by Princess Celestia and many questions were left unanswered as to why. Now, as a filly, starting your first year in flight school, your classmates decided to give you a test to prove your worth.

  • ...
12
 110
 3,836

chapter 15

You knew where this door led without glancing at the door label. You open the door and step inside. The room was in a state of disarray. Sheets were lying on the floor, paper fluttered about the room. There was only one bed. A small night stand stood beside it. It had a single drawer that was locked with a small padlock. You look around the room and could see a million hiding places for this small key. You decide, instead, to bash it open with the crowbar. After a couple of good hard hits, the lock breaks, allowing access to the contents of the drawer.

Within the drawer you find an orange feather, a tattered journal, and a small ink vial. The ink had long dried out. You look at the feather with disgust, knowing where it had come from. The only thing left in the drawer was the journal. You pick it up and discover another book underneath it entitled "Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Stone." You place it within the saddle bag and return to the journal. You take the leather-bound book out of the drawer, sit down on the bed and place the book in front of you. The book was not labeled, but you knew what it was. The only question now was if you wanted to read it... You open the cover.

"This diary belongs to Rainbow Dash." You turn the page. August 3rd "Wow, this is really awkward. I'm not used to writing my thoughts down, but Twilight suggested I do this instead of going to her every time I had a problem. After all, she's pretty busy being a princess now. But it's ok, all of my other friends are still here. My job in Ponyville is still laid back as usual, but I received an unusual letter today with the weather pattern schedule for the week. It has something to do with the weather factory. I'll check it out later, but for now, I think I need to go talk to someone..." You flip a few pages ahead

After turning to the next page, you could see splotches of what appeared to be water damage. August 26, "I... I don't know what to do... they told me that if I told anyone they would kill me. I tried to talk to my friends but... they're all busy. Applejack is busy with apple season, Rarity is moving to Canterlot now that her designs are getting noticed by the general public, Fluttershy is starting a school for animal care. I'd go and talk to Pinkie but I doubt she would take me seriously. I don't have anywhere else to go... I... I just don't know who to go to anymore. I don't understand... WHY ME!!! Of all the ponies they could have asked... why me.... They...they told me I could come and go from the factory but, only because I have a lot of friends around who care about me. I don't know if that's true anymore.