• Published 23rd Apr 2013
  • 3,819 Views, 110 Comments

Rainbow Factory Condemned - LordCarn



Five years ago, The Rainbow Factory was condemned by Princess Celestia and many questions were left unanswered as to why. Now, as a filly, starting your first year in flight school, your classmates decided to give you a test to prove your worth.

  • ...
12
 110
 3,819

Chapter 2

You wake with a start and heavy breathing. You could still feel the electricity coursing through your body as you tried to stand. Your mind was clouded with pain. An occasional relapse of pain prevents you from moving too far. You examine your surroundings for anything that might be of use. You notice a few broken metal bars lying around your cell and look up from where they had come from. A pony sized gap was near the very top of the containment cell. You stretch your wings out in an attempt to fly, but immediately cringe with pain as the electricity in you system forced your muscles to contract.

You decide to wait until the electricity leaves your body. You feel something trickle down your back and you attempt to reach for it. Your hoof lands in the path of the liquid. After it drips onto your hoof, you bring it around to look at it. You find out that's it's blood. You reach farther behind you and find a device slightly embedded into your back. You pull it out quickly to avoid it doing more harm to your body. As you examine the device, you learn that it embeds itself into whatever it lands on and runs a steady but slow electrical current through its body. You quickly smash the revolting thing and wait for the electric shock's effects to wear off. You search the cell one more time when you notice your video camera lying on the ground next to where you woke up.

You pick it back up and secure it firmly to your neck so it will see everything you do. Feeling that the the electricity had finally run its course, you test your wings before flying up and out through the hole you saw earlier. Feeling content that you could do so, you fly out of the hole. After landing outside the cell you notice a control panel with a note upon it. You glance cautiously about the room and notice two doors and few pipes running up and down the walls. After deeming the room to be secure, you walk over to the control panel and pick up the note entitled 'Extras'

"This message is for all factory workers, if you suspect anypony of treason or of somepony who has grown suspicious of our facility, please report them to the Weather Director immediately. If suspect is proven true, the accuser will be rewarded heavily. Anypony found withholding information shall be treated with the same care as our 'guests'."

What you've just read sickens you to know that pony's lives were meaningless to the factory. Not even it's coworkers were safe from its control. You glance around at your surroundings and notice an air vent you didn't see the first time. You hope you won't have to hide in such a cramped space. You check both doors. One is labeled armory. You check it's handle but it's locked. The other door isn't labeled, but is unlocked. You approach the door cautiously and open it.

Upon entering the room, it appeared to be just like any other room in the factory. Pipes ran along the walls, tables were scattered about the room, but something was different. There was strange contraption on the far wall with several chains dangling from the back, a grate was placed below this 'elevated table' and the smell of death hung within the air. You checked your video camera to ensure it was still recording, you had been in the factory a total of 30 minutes. You cautiously approach the device, and as the smell of blood and decay grew stronger, you begin to gag. You glance about the room and notice another door. You continue to approach the machine, drawn to the sense of sadness that hung in the air. As you reach the grate, you peer inside only to be revolted at what you see. Many skeletons of pegasi lay scattered among a deep pit. Strangely though, one of the bodies was fresh.