• Published 23rd Apr 2013
  • 3,847 Views, 110 Comments

Rainbow Factory Condemned - LordCarn



Five years ago, The Rainbow Factory was condemned by Princess Celestia and many questions were left unanswered as to why. Now, as a filly, starting your first year in flight school, your classmates decided to give you a test to prove your worth.

  • ...
12
 110
 3,847

Chapter 26

The light dims and you are able to see once more. Standing in the middle of the open door on the other side of the room, was the ruler of the land. Princess Celestia stood in the middle of the open doorway at the end of the hall. You stand, paralyzed in awe of her regality, but the feeling is quickly changed to fear when you see the expression upon her face. Pure anger seemed to resonate throughout the entire room. You take a few steps back and seem to bump into a wall, but the wall starts to push you out of the way. Rainbow Dash approaches the edge of the balcony. You sigh in annoyance, another ‘vision’.

“So this is the path you've chosen.” Celestia was the first to speak. “After everything you have done, and after it was all exposed, you still continue this madness?”

“Oh, you found out about that, huh?”
“Rainbow Dash, we know you've abducted three fillies and brought them here! Return them to their homes and end this madness!”

"Oh, well, heh, I’m afraid I can’t do that. You see, they’re already dead.” Princess Celestia looked as though she’d been hit with a hammer. she quickly regains her composure and addresses Rainbow Dash again.

“Then you have left me no choice, guards,” several armored pegasi enter the room from the door behind the Princess. “Arrest Rainbow Dash for treachery… and murder.” The pegasi withdrew their spears from their sheaths.

“I’m afraid I can’t let you do that Princess. I have a promise that I have to keep. I will protect Scootaloo from anypony who wishes her harm, even if that pony is you.” Rainbow Dash crouches and spreads her wings, but then disappears in an instant.

“Find her.” The guards begin to fan out to search the dark corners of the room. one of the large storage crates on your right is shoved violently across the room. It pins one of the guards to the wall. Two of the pegasi fly into the air to try and catch where she had gone. One of the guards on the ground let out a scream of agony as the golden spear of the first guard breached his spinal cord, right behind his neck. The two guards charged the location the scream had come from, but were swatted out of the air by their fallen comrades spears. One final guard attempted to avenge his brethren, but was pinned to the nearby wall with another spear. Rainbow appeared once more in the center of the room. “I cannot let this continue. You leave me with but one choice.” Rainbow Dash leaps from where she’s standing straight toward the Princess. She was temporarily caught off guard, but was able to set up a barrier spell before Dash came into contact with her. The spell holds, but a dent begins to form where her hoof was trying to interrupt it. “WHAT!” a fearful tone came from the Princess. “What dark magic aids you!” Rainbow Dash only began to push harder upon the bubble.
“ENOUGH!” Princess Celestia reinforced her barrier and expelled Rainbow Dash from the shield. She was thrown into the center of the room, where she seemed to be unconscious. “I have felt this magic before… Twilight, I’m afraid that you cannot speak with your friend... for she is no longer here.” Celestia slowly exited the room and began giving orders to some other guards, leaving a purple alicorn alone, sitting in the middle of the doorway. She looked toward the figure that was once her former friend, and stood up. A single tear ran down her cheek. She turned and left this room behind her.

Author's Note:

late late late late etc. WOW I am SSSOOOOOOO late. no I haven't abandoned the fic, I simply did not have the computer time I needed to properly type this up. Don't worry, I've still been writing the entire time that I hadn't posted anything, so this isn't 2 months work. I'm seriously trying to get back into the habit of posting these *ahem* "Chapters" but i hope there wont be such a strange and long wait for the next one. And to all those people out there who have been following this story, I thank thee for sticking with it through the first chapters. I've looked back at some of the earlier ones (which its been a over a year since I posted it) and i was honestly terrified that I saw it fit to be posted on the internet... AND FINALLY..... 1,000 views..... wow... that's just such a large number... i never would have thought I would have such a high approval rating at this point. It's been a long year, and much has changed in that year. sigh.... I'd just like to thank all of you for your support in this strange endeavor of mine, and I hope to see you through this to the end.