• Published 23rd Apr 2013
  • 3,836 Views, 110 Comments

Rainbow Factory Condemned - LordCarn



Five years ago, The Rainbow Factory was condemned by Princess Celestia and many questions were left unanswered as to why. Now, as a filly, starting your first year in flight school, your classmates decided to give you a test to prove your worth.

  • ...
12
 110
 3,836

Chapter 11

Realization of what you had just done finally registers within your mind. You break down and begin crying. You look up and see Discord sitting in the chair in the corner of the room. His sadistic smile still hung upon his face."Why do you linger? Your objective is close at hand but, is it remorse I sense or just resentment against me. It was not I who laid this path before you, but your own free will brought you this sadness." You can't help but to pour your hatred into your gaze as you look at Discord. "You remind me another pony I once knew, but she's gone now. But why dwell on the past? You can't change time. Now, I'm afraid, I must show you the door."

Discord approaches the door, opens it, and gestures you forward. A large conveyor belt appears below you and propels you toward the door. Stale metallic air flows into your nostrils forcing you to sneeze and land on your plot. You slowly stand and glance behind you to discover that you had just gone through the door you had melted the lock off of. Everything that just happened was for his entertainment. You stomp your hoof in frustration. Sadness begins to creep into your mind again but you manage to subdue it. You proceed into the door control room. This room was unusually tidy for the condition the rest of the factory was in. It's walls were of a different texture.

Many levers and buttons lined the walls. Papers were stacked neatly about the room. You walk to the left side of the room and begin examining the papers. You come across an interesting paper entitled, 'H8_SEED prototype, emotion log.'

"Day one, the H8_SEED prototype has been completed. With this new technology we will be able to phase out pony workers and completely rely on these drones. A log will be taken of the prototype's emotions for a month so we can see if it's stabilized. It will be activated at noon today. I hope it operates properly.

Day two, the prototype is working exceptionally well. It performs all commands without hesitation. It's even starting a routine. The emotion data was collected and showed no significant changes in its AI core. The cap we put on its level of understanding seems to be deteriorating though. We will have to install an inhibitor to prevent the entire machine from malfunctioning.

Day three, inhibitor was installed correctly. Core appears to be stabilizing. Nothing out of the ordinary has occurred with the prototype. However, I do feel like he's being neglected by the other workers. The only thing different about his appearance are his wings, but the workers still joke about him.

Day eight, nothing else significant has happened until now. The prototype accidentally stopped production but everything was fixed in a couple seconds. I will examine the prototype more closely before allowing it to rest. I will report my findings below.

It's incredible! The machine has gained a conscious that is distinctly it's own. It is however, most unfortunate. With this new conscious, it cannot perform the tasks we require it to do. I will have to report my findings to Dr. Joe in the morning. We were so close to finding the answer and we lost it!

Day nine, the prototype broke out of the facility today. It even on knocked Dr. Joe into one of the containment cells. The Device had chosen him next but we were able to deactivate it before it caused any physical damage to him. Everyone in the factory is, however, very worried what the H8_SEED prototype will do outside the facility. Many of our outside agents are looking for him but nothing has turned up yet. I hope they find him soon or it will be me they'll terminate."