• Published 23rd Apr 2013
  • 3,836 Views, 110 Comments

Rainbow Factory Condemned - LordCarn



Five years ago, The Rainbow Factory was condemned by Princess Celestia and many questions were left unanswered as to why. Now, as a filly, starting your first year in flight school, your classmates decided to give you a test to prove your worth.

  • ...
12
 110
 3,836

Chapter 10

"Why so surprised? You've seen me more than once since you've entered this place. But back to the matter at hand, or in your case hoof, but be it hoof, paw or claw, your path is a grievous one. Either choice you choose will have consequences of the dire nature, now... or later. Should you choose to ascend, you shall remain ignorant about your father and continue to find your escape from this place but, should you choose to descend, you will be granted a glimpse at the past. But I warn you now, what you learn will change you, for better or worse, only your decision will tell." This greatly confused you. You knew what happened to your father. He was taken by the factory and imprisoned. You pull out the letter again and look at the date. You remember it. It was the day your father started sending more money home from the factory. You and your mom had celebrated that night.

Your father sent a letter along with most of his weeks pay. He said he received a promotion and that he loved both of you very much. You place the note back into your mane and look down the stairwell. "What didn't he tell you?" Discord cooed. There was no other choice. The path you would choose was clear. You begin to walk toward stairs that descended into the darkness. Looking over the edge of the rail, you try to see the bottom but it continues down until it's impossible to distinguish stairs from open space. Your curiosity overwhelms you and you begin down the steps. "Excellent choice, but not for you." You turn around to look at Discord only to find a brick wall blocking your path. You look back toward the path laid before you. There was no turning back now, you were forced to move forward.

You begin down and pass many flights of stairs. You begin to see bones littering the stairwell. Just an occasional bone at first but soon the stairwell was almost impossible to navigate without sending a bone tumbling down the stairs. You'd gone down at least twenty-five sets of stairs when you see something standing in the middle of the stairwell. It's body was composed of the bones of the fallen. You attempt to back your way up the stairs only to discover the brick wall had followed you. You gaze into the lifeless eyes of this creature standing before you. You gather your strength, and begin walking down the steps once more. The creature doesn't move as you approach it. You cautiously walk past it and continue down the stairs. On the next flight of stairs, there was another creature standing there, looking at you.

You hear clanking behind you and turn to see the first creature standing over the edge of the next flight of stairs. You look back toward the second creature, who hadn't moved from it's position. You walk past it and continue down. You glance back and see the first shambling construct had joined the second on the edge of the of the the staircase. This same process repeats itself many times. Soon you have a small crowd of these shambles following you down the staircase. Only expecting this staircase to never end, you finally find the bottom. The only thing there was Discord sitting in a rather comfortable looking chair. It had several buttons on the arms, a microphone and was on a swivel. He was slowly rotating in the chair before coming to a stop facing you. The same maniacal smile still hung upon his face

"Well how was the journey, I'm sure it was quite long. But how do these shambling pegasi relate to your father you might ask? Well, these are vengeful spirits. They seem to congregate towards you, I wonder why? Perhaps you remind them of somepony they once knew ." The skeletal pegasi begin to surround you. "Well, if I have to spell it out for you' Discord continued' your father murdered these foals. He may not have been the ones who strapped them in or chose them from the cells, but he was the one pressed the button that snuffed out countless lives." There was no escape now, you were completely surrounded by the shambling pegasi. They stood there, watching, with their empty eye sockets. "He sent all of them to their deaths and for what? A pay raise? Was he so afraid of death that he would go so far as to cause it?" You close your eyes and cover your ears but the whispers still got through. "He killed us, why would he kill us? What didn't he tell you __________________?"

You could take no more of this, you lash out at the nearest thing in front of you. Your hoof contacted hair and skin, not bone. You open your eyes and see the monstrosities were gone. You are now in the last photo you had of your father, and your hoof just hit him square in the jaw. He recoiled from the force of your hoof and looked at you with helpless eyes and mouthed the words " I did it for you." Tears well up in your eyes as you are about to apologize, but your father dissipates in a puff of black smoke leaving you alone in the stairwell with a single door ahead of you.