• Published 23rd Apr 2013
  • 3,819 Views, 110 Comments

Rainbow Factory Condemned - LordCarn



Five years ago, The Rainbow Factory was condemned by Princess Celestia and many questions were left unanswered as to why. Now, as a filly, starting your first year in flight school, your classmates decided to give you a test to prove your worth.

  • ...
12
 110
 3,819

Chapter 1

You cautiously enter the factory and try to make sense of what you see, but the darkness clouds your vision. You search around for a light source when you notice a lever attached to the wall labeled "lights." You take another glance around the room and decide that if you are to continue, you must turn them on. Everypony else glances with worried eyes into the darkness only to be greeted by a small 'click' and bright lights turning on for the first time in 5 years. Then a female announcer's voice rings over the intercom. "Power restored, door suspected of tampering, activating anti-escape protocol 17739, lockdown initiated." Suddenly, metal bars slid down from above the door and blocked any possible exit from the factory.

Panicking, as any sane pony would do in such a situation, you run back to the door and try to force it open. Pegasi on the other side attempt to do the same when the same female announcer's voice rings over the intercom once again "possible breakout in progress, security drones activated, any and all unauthorized personal will be sedated and carried to the nearest holding cell." There was no possible way to open this door again, you frantically turn around and search for a way out.

You notice another door across the hall and a pounding noise coming from the other side. You continue to examine the room you are in. You can't hear anything beyond the yelling of the pegasus and the pounding coming from the other room. You yell at those beyond the door to be quiet, and then resume your search of the room. You notice a small note lying on a table entitle 'notice of eviction.' You read it slowly, trying to absorb any useful information.

"By order of Princess Celestia, this facility is to be shut down and everypony involved in the workings of this factory are to be arrested and put on trial for murder. Their families shall not be informed of this event and it is to never be spoken of again."

Lacking a better place to store this note you place it within your mane. In the distance, you can hear the clanking of metal and scraping across the floor. You glance back at the pegasus beyond the iron bars and give them a small smile and turn back toward the only other door in the room. The door opens automatically for the security drones that immediately identify you as an escapee. They begin to slowly converge upon you. Their bodies resembled pegasi except where their eyes should have been, there instead, was a digital screen with a single red dot. Their bodies were made of conjoined metal. They even had wings, but who knew if they could actually use them.

As they grew closer, the screams behind you grew louder and one of the drones revealed a taser within its chest cavity. Slowly the drones closed in. One of your friends behind you muttered "I'm sorry_____________" and you knew deep down he was, no one could have known this would happen. You take a small glance behind you to reassure the colt who had said it but that was a mistake you couldn't think about for the world had gone black, and you didn't want to wake up.