• Published 11th Oct 2013
  • 17,412 Views, 595 Comments

She Knows How To Treat A Lady - MysteriousStranger



When Trixie unexpectedly arrives to Ponyville in a bad shape, Rarity, as generous she is, decides to help her.

  • ...
36
 595
 17,412

From Bad to Worse

Two months later…

“It WILL work!”

“It won’t…”

“Fluttershy, a little support, please? I’m finally doing what you wanted; I’m telling Trixie the truth. Why are you being negative?”

“Because… you should have told her two months ago. When she learns that you have been hiding this from her for so long, she won’t be happy.”

“That’s why I’m going on a date with her first. So she doesn't gets as mad at me.”

“Do you really think so, Rarity?”

“I do. Trust me, it will end up just fine.”

They were having this discussion while they were having a mud bath at the spa. Rarity had admitted to Fluttershy that she couldn’t keep lying to Trixie any longer. She spent the whole past day thinking on how to make her marefriend so happy that she wouldn’t get too mad at her. At least, that’s what Rarity hoped.

“I hope you’re right, Rarity. Have fun in your date today and… good luck.”

“Thank you, darling. You are going out with Twilight tonight as well, right?” Fluttershy nodded happily. “Have fun you two!” Rarity smiled. Both mares spent the rest of the session relaxing and talking about various themes, including a special order that Rarity received from a celebrity which was due a week later. Once the session was over, it was time to say good bye for the day. Rarity had to pick Trixie up and Fluttershy had to head to Golden Oak. When Rarity arrived, she knocked on the door and waited for Trixie to answer it.

“Hello, Rarity.” Trixie received her marefriend with a peak on her lips.

“Are you ready?”

“I am. I’m taking my cape and hat; I’m glad that I don’t need to hide anymore.” Trixie said as they began to walk to the park.

“All thanks to apologizing to everypony last month. I’m proud of you, Trixie!”

“I wouldn’t have done it without you. When everypony stared at me with hate I thought that they were going to kill me! But, you stood in front of them and convinced them to give me one more chance…” The showmare romantically gazed at her companion while she finished speaking. Rarity blushed as she gazed back.

“I couldn’t leave my marefriend alone. You proved everypony that you are a different pony during this last month; the cakes even let you work as a cashier from time to time. Everything’s going great.” The fashionista began to walk closer to her date and intertwined tails with her.

“Yeah… everything’s going great…” Both mares walked in silence the rest of the way. They just enjoyed their company. They didn’t need words to express their feelings. When they arrived to the park, however, they noticed that they forgot to bring a blanket.

“Oh, no! What are we going to do? I just came from a spa session!”

“Don’t worry, Rarity. I got it covered.” Trixie removed her cape and put it on the grass.

“But, Trixie, that’s your favorite cape...”

“I’ll wash it later. I have to prevent your beautiful fur from getting dirty.” Rarity's face became turned completely red. Trixie raised a hoof to Rarity, who took it and let her guide her to the improvised blanket where she sat. Trixie sat right next to her.

“Trixie, darling, there’s something I want to tell you…”

“What is it, beautiful?” The way Trixie looked at her made Rarity’s heart beat faster and louder. She didn’t realize how red her face was but her date did. The magician pony smiled and leaned closer to Rarity and kept her eyes on hers. Rarity opened her mouth and closed it several times, unable to talk. Trixie didn’t make things easier when she touched noses with her.

“I’m… I… I wanted to tell you that, that… I’m really enjoying the time I’m spending with you.”

“Me too.” Trixie gave Rarity a peek on her nose. The fashionista smiled like she never did before and hugged her date.

“Where have you been my entire life, Trixie? Why your life had to be so unfortunate? Why?”

Trixie caressed Rarity’s mane. “If my life hadn’t been so unfortunate, we would probably had never gotten together. I would still be in my hometown and it’s far from here. For so long, I was sad for my luck, but now, I have you. I have you to make me smile again, I have you to help me make more friends, and, I have you to make my heart soar…” A tear of joy ran through Rarity’s cheek. Hearing that made her extremely happy. But it also made her feel guiltier. She had to tell Trixie that she accidentally broke her promise by the end of the day.

“Trixie…” Rarity looked up to meet Trixie’s eyes looking at her. The fancy Unicorn put her forelegs around her date’s neck and kissed her passionately. Trixie returned the kiss as she hugged Rarity tighter. They didn’t pulled away, they didn’t want to pull away. Rarity let herself be pinned down to the floor. Minutes later, they pulled away and stared into each other's eyes.

“I’m breathless… Rarity, that was…”

“Amazing…” The showmare kissed her cheek and smiled as she laid next to Rarity. They both put their hooves on their own chests and didn’t look away from each other. “Is everything fine with Fluttershy, Trixie?”

“Yes, really well. We talk and share stuff. She even taught me everything she knows about costrue.”

“Why did you ask her to teach you that?”

“Isn’t it obvious? I want to know more about you, and your work is a big part of your life.”

Rarity reached out a hoof to her marefriend and Trixie took it. They gazed at each other’s eyes for a while before the fashionista decided to get closer to Trixie and cuddle against her. The blue Unicorn embraced her and kissed her forehead before happily looking at the sky while Rarity rested her eyes with her head on the chest of her date, trying not to think about what was going to happen that night.

Hours passed. The sun was setting to leave place for the moon. Rarity and Trixie were heading back to Carousel Boutique. Their tails were intertwined as usual.

“Rarity? Is there something wrong? We are almost at your place and you didn’t say a word. You normally talk a lot, which I like…”

“Hmm? Oh, it is nothing. Everything’s fine.” The fancy Unicorn giggled nervously, getting Trixie more suspicious.

“If you say so…” When they arrived, Rarity invited Trixie in and both of them sat on the couch. Rarity wasted no more time and decided to tell her the truth right away.

“Trixie… there’s something I need to tell you…”

“Yes…?”

“Before I say it, I want you to know that I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it…”

“Rarity, you’re scaring me… What do you want to tell me? What did you do?”

Rarity sensed the worry in Trixie’s voice. She couldn’t hold it any longer. “Two months ago, I… I accidentally told Fluttershy that you had a brother. I’m so sorry…!” Trixie’s worry face changed to a shocked one. Her jaw dropped and her eyes became expressionless. “Trixie? Trixie, say something, please, Trixie!”

How could she do this? I trusted her and she broke her promise! She was supposed to be perfect… I can’t believe it, I can’t even trust my own marefriend, the pony supposed to make me happy… If I can’t trust her, I can’t trust anypony! I’m done!

“Trixie…” Rarity put her hoof on Trixie’s, but the magician pony quickly rejected it.

“You’re just like everypony else, I trusted you and you stabbed me in my back! How didn’t I see it before?”

“What are you saying, Trixie?! I didn’t do it on purpose!”

“Lies! I bet you never liked me!”

“D-Don’t say that, I like you! I really do! I’m really sorry, please, forgive me!” Rarity’s eyes became wet. She knew she would react badly, but not this badly.

“Is this why you made this ‘date’ so perfect? Did you really think that I wouldn’t get mad at you?!” Trixie stood up, grabbed her cape and hat and headed to the door, leaving a Rarity finally bursting in tears in the couch. “I can’t see you anymore. I should never have trusted you!” Trixie slammed the door when she left. The white pony was crying out loud. Her depression was so big, that even Opalescence came to comfort her.

“Trixie! Please come back! I… I need you!” but Trixie didn’t hear her. She was gone.

***

“You were right, Twilight. They are beautiful.”

“I can’t believe you never saw fireflies before, Shy.”

“Insects aren’t really my thing. I know a couple of them, not all of them. Should I have known they were so amazing, I would have caught some to see them closely before freeing them.”

“How about you catch some now, and we can study them together! What do you say? Fluttershy?” The Unicorn noticed that her marefriend was looking elsewhere. “Where are you looking at?”

“Isn’t that... Trixie?” Twilight quickly looked where Fluttershy was pointing and she saw that Trixie, indeed, was heading towards them.

“Trixie?” The magician pony pushed them away.

“Step aside, Sparkle! Trixie’s not in mood to pretend that she likes you!”

“Sparkle? Trixie, is there something wrong?”

“None of your business!” The blue Unicorn was still walking away, but Twilight wasn’t done. She teleported in front of Trixie.

“It IS of my business! You’re my friend and I care for your well being.”

“You’re not Trixie’s friend! She doesn’t need friends! Now, go away!” Trixie, once again, pushed her away and kept walking.

“Where are you going?!”

“I’m leaving Ponyville, forever!”

“Why?! What about Rarity?”

“What about her? It’s not like she ever cared for me anyway.” Twilight teleported again in front of Trixie. Fluttershy had to keep trotting to reach them.

“Talk to me. Did something happen between you two? Trixie, look at me!”

“Trixie does not has to tell you anything!” The showmare shoved Twilight away and tried to keep walking, but she was stopped by Twilight’s hoof. Trixie, knowing that she wouldn’t get away from them, stopped.

“Please, turn around and tell us what happened.” Trixie obeyed; she slowly turned but she kept her eyes on the ground.

“Rarity… she told Fluttershy something That I asked to be kept in secret…”

Fluttershy gasped. “Oh, no! If you’re like this… Rarity!” The shy Pegasus galloped to Carousel Boutique as fast as she could. Twilight saw her galloping away before turning back to Trixie.

“You didn’t take it well. But, were you actually going to leave Ponyville? That would hurt us, but, more importantly, you would leave Rarity devastated.”

“Trixie doesn’t think that. That pony played with her heart. She’s probably celebrating that Trixie’s leaving.”

“Are you sure?”

“Absolutely.”

“Do you want to see her now and check if she’s, indeed, happy?”

“There’s no need to.” The lavender Unicorn got closer to Trixie and touched her shoulder. “What are you…?!” It was too late. Twilight teleported them in front of Rarity’s boutique. “Why did you bring Trixie here, Sparkle?!”

“Look through the window and tell me what do you see.”

“Why should Tr…”

“Just, do it!” Trixie stepped back from the sudden command. She huffed and looked through the window. What she saw wasn’t what she expected. Rarity was crying… a lot. Both Fluttershy and Opalescence tried to comfort her without success.

“Is she… really sad?”

“Of course she is. She really cares about you, Trixie. Don't you see? She regrets what she did. Walking away from your problems won’t solve anything. You need to talk to her.” Trixie didn’t look away from the crying Unicorn. She now realized that Rarity really cared for her. Trixie felt awful for yelling at her like she did, but, for some reason, she didn’t want to make up with her marefriend now. She was still mad for what she did. A tear from one of Trixie’s eyes fell to the ground. The magician pony turned and began to walk. “Where are you going?”

“Back to Fluttershy’s. I… need to think…” Twilight watched her leave before turning again to the window. Seeing one of her best friends cry like that broke her heart, so, she decided to try to comfort her.

Author's Note:

Please, please, make them make up! D:
Oh, wait, I’m the writer! I’m the one who decides! XD
Two things. First, the story is almost over, I'm sorry but everything has an end! D:
Second, I will update the last chapters in the same day to make it up to you after leaving without updating one more time AFTER a few days passes since I worked hard for this cliffhanger :P
I want to thank my secret proofreader for revising this chapter before its release :)