• Published 11th Oct 2013
  • 17,412 Views, 595 Comments

She Knows How To Treat A Lady - MysteriousStranger



When Trixie unexpectedly arrives to Ponyville in a bad shape, Rarity, as generous she is, decides to help her.

  • ...
36
 595
 17,412

This is Definetly Love

Rarity! I can’t stand seeing you with somepony else. You must at least know how I feel! Please… give me a chance. While Trixie kept galloping, she was going over her plan. She learned some new magic tricks that would be useful to make Rarity’s date the worst she ever had. I will fight for my love, I can’t sit and wait for the worst, if this doesn’t works… then, I will leave forever.

The determined Unicorn soon arrived to the downtown under the light of Princess Luna’s moon and began her search for the restaurant where the mare of her dreams was. She was still galloping and almost crashed with somepony a couple of times; she ignored the angry ponies yelling at her and kept going. When Trixie got to the restaurant, she hid in the plants in front of the window of the building and took a look inside. Where are they…? there they are! The magician pony got furious when she saw them laughing. Their hooves were close to be touching.

“Let’s start with something simple… clumsy stallion!” Trixie mumbled as she used her magic to remove her hat, putting it on the side and enchanted the cup. She waited until the stallion moved the table, at least a bit, to drop the cup and its content on Rarity, getting her new dress dirty. I’m sorry, Rarity...

“Sorry? I worked hard on this dress!” Rarity was controlling herself to not explode or she would get kicked out.

“I don’t know how it happened, I barely moved the table!” Berry said as he stood up with a tissue and tried to clean Rarity’s dress, but the mare refused.

“I can do this alone, thank you very much!” The fancy Unicorn angrily said, cleaning her dress with her napkin. “It better cleans when I wash it!”

“Look, I’ll pay for it, I would clean it myself if I have to, I’m really sorry, I don’t know what happened.” Mr. Berry said with a persuasive tone. Rarity looked at him, her anger gone, and smiled.

“Don’t worry about it, it was an accident, you don’t have to do anything.” The white stallion smiled and put one of his forelegs on Rarity’s. Rarity gasped and looked at their hooves, blushing. Berry stood up and lead his forehoof to Rarity’s cheek. But, when it almost reached it, his chair fell. The stallion quickly started to put it back on its place, but his flank rose a waiter who was delivering an order to the table next to him and his date and he dropped all the content of the tray on him, making him fall to the floor. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” Berry said after he stood up and helped the waiter to stand up. After the accident happened, Rarity looked outside and saw a familiar hat on the bushes.

What in Celestia’s name are you doing?! You deceiving pony! “Berry, I-I’m going outside for a minute, I’ll be back.” The fancy Unicorn said, trying to sound calm. She exited the restaurant and marched with fury to the bush were Trixie was hiding. “Trixie, You liar! What are you doing here?!” Rarity angrily yelled after she got to the bush. Trixie, already discovered, got out from her hiding spot.

“My hat! How could I forget about my hat!” The showmare desperately said looking at her hat. But her expression changed to fear when she looked at Rarity and saw her frowning, she could swear that she could see a vein on her forehead. The fancy Unicorn was panting angrily, showing her teeth and fury on her eyes.

“After all I did for you, I let you stay at my home, I returned your precious hat, I thought you had changed!” Rarity furiously exclaimed. Trixie stepped back, tripping with the bush she was hiding on and falling on her back. She cried of pain because of her hoof which was still healing. The fashionista walked until she was right in front of Trixie, looking at her with despise. “So, you were the pony who did all that to Mr. Berry, you ruined my dress! What do you have to say to your favor?”

Trixie slowly looked at her crush in the eyes. “I’m sorry… b-but…” Trixie’s tongue seemed to have betrayed her. She couldn’t say what she had on her mind. She opened and closed her mouth, unable to talk.

“But what?!”

Trixie closed her eyes after Rarity yelled at her again and could finally be able to speak. “But I did it because you shouldn’t be with him…” The love struck Unicorn said and stood up. She then opened her eyes to face Rarity, whose look was between confusion and anger. After moments of hesitation, Trixie gained the courage to say what for so long she wanted to say. “You should be with me…” She looked down after confessing, blushing madly.

The white pony widely opened her eyes, surprised of what she just heard. “Wh-Wh-What?! You like me?! H-How?!” Rarity said, now really confused.

Trixie sighed. “Everything you did for me, your generosity and, especially, returning my brother’s hat… all that got me to fall in love with you… All my life I was looking for the pony as gentle and generous as my brother… All my life I looked for you. Rarity, seeing you with somepony else broke my heart, but I couldn’t let you go without telling you my feelings… I like you, you make my heart melt, you made me actually smile, which I didn’t since Clementine died. Rarity, each day I have to prevent me from hugging you. You have been on my dreams the last nights, I want, no, I need you…”

Rarity froze in her spot, amazed for what she just heard. She couldn’t believe that it was Trixie who said that. Did she really mean that? Of course she did, maybe she just lived with her for a bit more than a week, but she got to meet her better than anypony. She trusted her deepest secrets to her. Rarity was her first real friend. But, while she heard those words, she didn’t feel her heart flutter, not even like when she thought she had a crush on her less than a week ago. Rarity had to find the right words, rejecting her would be the hardest thing she ever did, the showmare never liked anypony that way before. The fashionista took a deep breath before speaking. “Trixie… That was amazing, I never thought you would like me that much… but…” Trixie looked down when she heard that last part and her eyes started to get wet. Rarity felt guilty, but no matter how she said it, she would still break her heart. She continued. “I care about you, Trixie, I really do… I wish there was a way to make you feel better, anything, just name it.” The depressed Unicorn slowly raised her head to meet with Rarity’s sad eyes.

“There’s nothing you can do, Rarity… I knew that you would say no but I didn’t think it would hurt so much…” Tears were going down her cheeks. “I don’t deserve you anyway… I deserve nopony…”

“Don’t say that, I’m so sorry for not liking you back but, you can still find somepony else…” Rarity said, trying to encourage her friend.

But Trixie shook her head. “No, I will never find anypony as amazing as you… you are one in a million…” Rarity slightly blushed to hear that, but she didn’t notice. “I-I will just get my cape and leave… thanks for everything, Rarity… I will never forget what you did.” Trixie turned and was about to leave when the fancy Unicorn stopped her, putting her hoof on her wither.

“Leave? You won’t leave. Please, stay… I still need to talk to you when I go back, please…”

The magician pony wanted to refuse, but even when she wasn’t looking at Rarity, she could feel the sadness on her voice. She still liked her and didn’t want to make her feel bad. “I’ll stay, for now… enjoy your… date.” When she finished, Trixie galloped away back to the boutique. Rarity could hear her sobs fading away as she left and made her feel even guiltier. After clearing a tear which escaped her eye, she got back to her date.

“Oh, there you are! Is everything okay?” Mr. Berry said as soon as he saw Rarity. The fashionista nodded and tried to smile.

Yes, don’t worry. My friend needed something but it can wait.” She said before sitting.

“I see… oh, there’s the waitress!”

They ordered their food and it arrived ten minutes later. During dinner, Mr. Berry tried to talk with his date, but Rarity only nodded and barely talked; there was something bothering her but he didn’t know what. When they finished, Berry paid and both ponies went outside, stopping by the door of the restaurant.

“Shall I walk you home?” The stallion said, smiling.

The fancy Unicorn shook her head. “No, thank you… I need to be alone now…”

“Is this for spilling my drink on your dress?” He worriedly asked.

“No, no, it is not that… I just need to think on something… goodbye, it was… nice, thanks for the dinner.” Rarity said smiling and began her way home. While she headed to her boutique, her brain started to work. What’s wrong with me?! This stallion was a true gentlecolt and I felt nothing! It was great until Trixie appeared and… Rarity stood still. Trixie! The fancy Unicorn now got it, that must have been the reason! She started to remember what Trixie said. You make my heart melt… You made me smile… All my life I was looking for the pony as gentle and generous as my brother… All my life I looked for you… have been on my dreams the last nights… I want, no, I need you… I need you… I need you… The fashionista felt her cheeks warm; she was blushing hard and smiling without realizing it. Her heart was racing; she could hear it and felt it hitting her chest, why did it take her so long? Why didn’t she fall in love with Trixie after hearing those beautiful words? Was it because it was a mare who said them? In any case, Trixie did it, she managed to make her fall in love. “What am I doing standing here? I have to talk to her!” Rarity galloped as fast as her dress let her. “Trixie, I hope you are still there… I’m coming!”

***

“I’m done! I will never fall in love again! Once was enough and it only caused me pain! I just want to leave forever! But... I can’t break the promise… I still care for her and my feelings won’t just go away, no matter how much I want them gone…” Trixie was pacing around the living room of the boutique, her tears already ran outand with her eyes red. She kept blaming herself for being so stupid and slow. She wished she didn’t have to see Rarity again, but she would come after finishing her date, surely happy and wanting to see that stallion again. “As long as she is happy… I’m happy…” The magician pony sat on her haunches, staring at the floor before looking at her hat and cape on the table. “But I will never forget her… I’ll carry her generosity wherever I go. She cleaned my cape, she took care of me while I was sick and treated my leg, but most importantly, she found Clementine’s hat.” Looking at it she not only remembered her brother, but now she could see Rarity, staring at her with those blue eyes she liked so much. Trixie looked away from them. “I have spilled enough tears already!”

Trixie slowly walked to the bookshelves, but she didn’t want to read nor do anything. She wished she never came back to Ponyville, it only created her more pain than her burnt leg, if only she went to a hospital on the first place, everything would have been fine.

Trixie kept staring at the books, lost in her thoughts, until she heard the front door opening. She turned to find Rarity, looking at her, smiling warmly and panting, but Trixie didn’t return the smile; she just stared at her with an expressionless face. The white pony took a few hoofsteps towards her guest, still smiling, but the showmare looked everywhere but her.

After seeing that Trixie wasn’t going to say anything, Rarity broke the silence. “Hi… I… We need to talk…” Rarity began.

“No, we don’t. you left everything clear.” The magician pony spoke, not looking at Rarity, her voice was between sadness and anger, which hurt Rarity.

“We do… listen Trixie, I…” But she got interrupted by Trixie.

“What? You are going to throw your date in my face? I feel horrible already thank you very much!”

“No! You have to hear me! The date, it was…”

“Perfect? You are going to marry him? Is he going to move in here and you are going to kick me out?!”

“No! Well, it wasn’t bad, but I didn’t feel anything for him!” Rarity’s voice echoed the room and scared her friend, who slowly raised her head to see her host, whose eyes were closed. Rarity, then, opened her eyes and changed her expression for an ashamed one. “I’m sorry, I didn’t want to yell but you wouldn’t listen.” Trixie didn’t believe her ears.

“Wh-What did you just say?” The showmare slowly asked. Was there still an opportunity?

“I said that I didn’t feel a thing… I could only think on what you told me. Trixie. Answer me this…”

“Yes?” Trixie stood up and got closer to Rarity as she smiled; eager for the question she was about to be asked.

“Would you… treat me nice and make me feel special? Would you do anything for me and protect me?”

Trixie’s heart started to race, all she wanted to do was jump of happiness and tightly hug Rarity, but she controlled herself, she smiled widely and nodded. “Of course I would! I would treat you as you deserve… like a lady. Rarity, I only want to make you happy. I’d do anything for you and I’d be there to protect you. You changed my life for the best Rarity… it’s my turn to return the favor.”

Those words were more than enough to convince Rarity, who was now crying of happiness. She had one of her forelegs in front of her mouth as she cried and her heart raced. Moments later, and without realizing it, she was hugging Trixie. The magician pony blushed hard and gladly returned the hug. She was finally happy, she wasn't this happy since the last time she spent time with her brother before he got sick. Trixie moved her head so she could look at Rarity, they were both blushing madly and smiling. Both mares gazed at each other’s eyes, losing track of time.

“Does this mean… that you are my… my marefriend?” Trixie nervously asked, not looking away from the blue eyes she liked so much.

“Not so fast, darling.” Rarity seriously said, putting a hoof between their faces. “There are two conditions before that.”

“Conditions?” Trixie asked, confused.

Rarity nodded. She still had a serious expression and her eyes were closed. “Yes, first, you have to take me on a date.” The fancy Unicorn said, recovering her warm smile and opening her eyes.

“Consider it done. And?”

“And…” Rarity closed her eyes again and took a deep breath before speaking again. “You need to move out.”

Author's Note:

Hey! What is that, another cliffhanger? Yeah, sorry, but I just love playing with you guys! XD
Once again, I must thank my secret proofreader! :)