• Published 11th Oct 2013
  • 17,412 Views, 595 Comments

She Knows How To Treat A Lady - MysteriousStranger



When Trixie unexpectedly arrives to Ponyville in a bad shape, Rarity, as generous she is, decides to help her.

  • ...
36
 595
 17,412

A Secret, revealed

The party ended early; right after Rarity locked herself in the bathroom. Trixie wanted to stay with Rarity but she told her that she wanted to be alone. Applejack advised the guilty pony to do as she was requested. Trixie obeyed her and was now walking to the cottage with Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash stayed to try to cheer Pinkie Pie up.

“That was… nice until the moment that the baby dragon arrived… I had no idea…” The Unicorn commented midway their home.

“Since you didn’t know you can’t blame yourself, Trixie.”

“Then, why do I feel guilty? We were all having fun until… well, you know… what am I going to do?”

“You did what you could, Trixie. You apologized to Pinkie so now all you can do is wait. Try visiting Rarity once in a while because she’s in worse conditions than you and Pinkie Pie. They will be back to be her own self soon.”

“Th-Thanks, Fluttershy…”

The Pegasus smiled a bit to her friend, her way to say ‘You’re welcome’. “Try to sleep tonight and go see Rarity tomorrow.”

“I will…”

They walked in silence until they arrived the cottage. Trixie skipped dinner and went straight to her bed. However, she spent several hours trying to find a comfortable position. She found herself staring at the ceiling, wondering how could she let the guilt get to her. She couldn’t close her eyes until late in the night.

The next morning, Fluttershy woke up and made breakfast for herself, her guest and Angel Bunny. When both plates were placed, she went to Trixie’s door and knocked on it. “Trixie, Breakfast’s ready!” There was no response so she tried again. “Trixie, are you there?” Getting worried, the Pegasus quietly opened the door. “Trixie?” The mare in question was on her bed but in a terrible shape; she had her belly facing down and one of her forelegs and rear legs hanging next to her bed. Her eyes were opened and red. She was still sad. “Trixie, come to eat your breakfast, please…”

“I’m not hungry.” Trixie muttered, her words almost getting lost by the blanket.

“Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, you can’t skip it.”

“Rarity said that once…”

“Trixie, you two are fine. Rarity only needs some time alone and you didn’t do anything on purpose.” The magician pony didn’t reply, so Fluttershy entered the room and bumped Trixie’s torso with her nose. “Please, come to eat… it may make you feel better…” Trixie sensed the sad tone of her friend and eyed her. Fluttershy looked sad and like she was about to cry and the Unicorn didn’t want to make another pony cry so she sighed and sat.

“Fine, I’ll go…”

Fluttershy smiled a bit. “Thanks.” Trixie took one last glance to the picture of her and her brother that she was hiding under the pillow before joining her friend. Both ponies headed to the table and ate their breakfast in silence. When they were done, Trixie went to her room and took the coat that Rarity made her, she put her hood on and went to the front door, followed by Fluttershy.

“I’ll go check on Rarity.” The shy Pegasus nodded and waved at her as she left walking. Angel Bunny hoped to her rear leg.

“Oh, Angel, this is such a mess… I hope Rarity is fine for our weekly appointment to the spa today.”

***

The blue Unicorn knocked the door of her marefriend’s boutique and waited. The door was answered by Rarity’s younger sister.

“Good morning, Miss Trixie.”

“Good Morning, Sweetie Belle. I came to see if Rarity felt any better.”

The filly shook her head. “I’m afraid not. I came here after breakfast to visit her but I was surprised to find Rainbow Dash sleeping on the couch. She quickly told me what happened and left just a few minutes ago. Rarity didn’t leave her room at all. I’m so sorry.”

“So, did Rarity told you about… ”

“You two? Yes, she did; the very same day. Judging by the way she told me, she seems to be extremely happy!” The young crusader excitedly said. But the excitement quickly vanished and she looked away.

Trixie looked down. “I need to solve this somehow… but I don’t know how.”

“Lilies.”

“Huh?” the older mare confusedly looked at the filly and found her slightly smiling.

“Get her some Lilies, they’re her favorites. I think it’s a good start.”

Trixie smiled. “I will, thanks, Sweetie Belle!” The now confident Unicorn said as she galloped to a Flower’s shop. Thanks for the work in Applejack’s farm she had some bits to get Rarity the best Lilies in Ponyville.

“Good luck!” Sweetie Belle waved at Trixie and closed the door when she couldn’t see her anymore. The young Unicorn went upstairs to see if her sister was alright. She had time to think while she walked. The Lilies have to work; at least, flowers would work on me… I hope Button got my hints. After I got mad at him for yelling after I beat his high score in “Pac-Pony”, only that will work. Sweetie Belle arrived by the time she finished her thoughts and knocked the door. “Sis?” The filly could hear her sister sob.

“I told you to leave me alone, Sweetie Belle!”

“Rarity, you have been crying since yesterday. Everything will be fine!”

“How can you know that? You’re just a filly!”

“I understand that you’re sad, Rarity, but you don’t need to be mean at me!” Sweetie Belle was about to go inside when she heard that somepony was knocking on the front door. “I’ll get that.” The young crusader said before going back downstairs and to the front door. I don’t think Miss Trixie would be this fast! However, when she opened the door, it wasn’t Trixie the one she found on the other side. She found a much younger pony, of her age, and of the opposite gender. “Button!” The filly exclaimed in surprise. “What are you doing here?”

“I…” The gamer colt was clearly nervous and slightly blushing. He was holding a daisy with one of his forelegs. “I… I’m sorry for overreacting the other day, saying all those things and… and…”

“And?” Sweetie Belle encouraged him, smiling.

“And… for being such a crybaby.” Button Mash ended his speech by sadly looking away. Sweetie Belle grinned and hugged her friend.

“Apology accepted, Button!” The colt’s blush was more noticeable now, but, lucky for him, Sweetie Belle couldn’t see his cheeks. The filly broke the hug and took the flower. “And thank you for the flower, it’s beautiful.” The earth colt nervously chuckled and scratched the back of his head with one of his forelegs.

“You-you’re welcome… I-I have to go. I have to accompany my mom to do some errands. Do you want to come to my house tomorrow if you’re not busy?”

“Tomorrow sounds good!” Sweetie Belle said with a grin.

“Great! I’ll see you tomorrow then. Bye!” The gamer colt excitedly said before trotting away. Sweetie Belle waved at him and entered the boutique, closing the door behind her. Once she was safe, she smelt the Daisy and happily sighed while she sat on the floor with her back pressed against the door as she held the flower to her chest.

“Aww, young love…”

“Rarity!” The filly exclaimed in surprise as she hid the flower behind her back. She was blushing madly. “G-Good to see you out of your room!” The fashionista was trying to smile. Taking a better look to her older sister, she saw that her hair, as well as her tail, was a mess; they weren’t combed and her eyes were red and she had makeup running down her eyelids. Rarity was still wearing her night robes. “Are you feeling better?”

The older mare sighed. “Not really, I just need a glass of water…”

“Oh, okay… but could you at least stay on the couch? I would feel better if I can at least see you…”

Rarity sighed again. “Fine, I will stay here… but, I’m not in the mood to talk.”

“I’ll be quiet, I promise.”

“Then I’ll get my glass of water and I’ll be back.” After getting her water, Rarity sat on her couch and Sweetie Belle made her company. They spent all day like that until, late afternoon, somepony knocked the front door. Sweetie Belle went to open it.

“Fluttershy?”

“Hi Sweetie Belle. Umm, is Rarity here?”

“Fluttershy, is that you?” The fancy Unicorn stood up and met her best friend. “What are you doing here? Not that I’m complaining but, this is a surprise.”

“Well… you didn’t come to our weekly spa meeting…”

“Oh! I’m sorry, Fluttershy, but I wasn’t in the mood today.”

“Oh my! You must really be feeling horrible. You never missed our weekly meeting at the spa. May I come in? If, it isn’t a bother…” Rarity thought on rejecting her company at first, but seeing that her friend was worried enough to come to check on her, she considered it. She looked behind her and saw her sister, who was also worried. Everypony must be worried… I need to get better. Why didn’t Trixie come to check on me? I’ll worry about that later… The fashionista looked back at Fluttershy, slightly smiling.

“Come in, please.” The depressed Unicorn moved so the Pegasus could come in and closed the door after she did so.

“Do you… wish to talk about it…?” Fluttershy nervously asked. Rarity didn’t answer immediately; she thought for a few moments.

“Yes… but in private.”

“But, sis!”

“Sweetie Belle, Fluttershy and I are going to have an adult conversation. I won’t lock myself inside again, I promise.” The crusader looked down, sighing.

“Fine…”

Both mares climbed the stairs and entered Rarity’s bedroom. Closing the door after letting Opalescence go. Rarity sat on her bed while Fluttershy stood close to her.

“Rarity, I know you feel guilty about it, but...”

“But, what, Fluttershy? He saw me kissing Trixie! I wanted to personally tell him! But I got carried away… I’m an evil pony!”

“Don’t you say that, you’re a nice pony! He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time… a horrible coincidence.” The Pegasus noticed her friend getting even more depressed so she decided to change the subject. “How is everything going on between you and Trixie?” Rarity raised her head and looked at her friend.

“Everything’s great! Why wouldn’t it be? I have been locked up all day and she didn’t even bother on coming to check on me. I have been waiting all day for her.”

“Didn’t you tell her that you wanted to be alone? I saw how you shoved her hoof yesterday…”

“She should know that I didn’t really mean it; she’s my marefriend! After all I did for her. It’s the least she should do after returning her brother’s hat!”

“Trixie has a brother?”

Rarity’s eyes went wide. She just realized that she revealed Trixie’s deepest secret.

“Oh no, I shouldn’t have said that! Fluttershy, promise me that you won’t tell her, please!”

“Rarity? Why…?” The Pegasus was extremely confused by the sudden change of mood of her best friend. Before she could ask her why she should keep such an important piece of information a secret, she was cut off.

“Just, promise me, please! Trixie made me promise not to tell anypony that she had a brother!”

“Had?”

“Oh, no, please, Fluttershy, promise me before I reveal something else!”

“O-Okay! I will keep it a secret.”

“Oh, thank you, Fluttershy! I owe you a big one!” Rarity happily said as she hug her friend.

“Y-You’re welcome, Rarity. Umm, are you going to tell her that you told me?”

“What? Oh, no, no. She must never find out!”

“You should, Rarity. You can’t hide something like this to her, it’s not healthy for your relationship…”

“She will never trust me anything again if she finds out.”

“But…”

“No, Fluttershy, I won’t tell her and that’s final!” The Pegasus sighed in defeat and looked down. On the other side of the door, Sweetie Belle heard everything.

I’m worried about her, she will surely let this one pass. But, Rarity should really tell Trixie… The filly thought. Seconds later, somepony knocked on the front door, scaring the crusader. She put a hoof in her mouth to prevent her from screaming. “Oh, just the door…” Sweetie Belle went downstairs and opened the door. “Trixie! Hello again! You got the flowers, huh?”

“Yes, the best lilies the shop had in stock. May I come in, please?” The showmare spoke in a similar way as Rarity’s.

“Sure! She’s upstairs in her room. Fluttershy’s with her.”

“Thanks, Sweetie Belle.” Trixie headed upstairs and stopped in front of Rarity’s bedroom. She let a sigh out and knocked on the door. Rarity opened the door within moments. Trixie raised the Lilies and opened her mouth to say something, but the fashionista jumped on her and kissed her. Trixie widely opened her eyes for the surprise kiss. Rarity pulled away a minute later and hugged her marefriend tightly.

“Thank you so much for coming, Trixie…” Rarity simply said. Trixie hugged her back and looked at the Pegasus who was walking to the door. Fluttershy smiled at her and gave them the space they needed.

Trixie spoke after Rarity closed the door. “Rarity... I do not understand…”

“I’m just glad that you came to check on me. How did you know that I love Lilies?”

“Your sister.”

“Then, Sweetie Belle will get to choose what to do the next time she comes.” The fancy Unicorn smiled, still with her eyes closed, and cuddled more against Trixie.

Downstairs. Fluttershy was about to leave.

“Thank you so much for coming, Fluttershy.”

“I was worried. I’m just glad that Rarity seems to feel better.”

“I knew that the flowers would work!”

“The flowers?”

“Yes! I recommended Trixie to get some Lilies to her to cheer her up when she came earlier today. Aren’t those the reason she’s happy now?”

So, that’s why she didn’t come earlier! The Pegasus thought that the filly’s idea was good, but she didn’t think that they would have worked. Rarity was depressed until she accidentally said out loud that Trixie had a brother. Her depression changed to fear. The Unicorn hid her fear from Trixie with love, which seemed to have worked out.

For now.

“Fluttershy?”

The shy Pegasus didn’t notice how much time passed until she was called. She shook her head and looked at the filly. “S-sorry! I got distracted for a moment…”

“So, the flowers did their job…?” Sweetie Belle asked with worry in her voice.

Fluttershy quickly lied. “Yes! They worked.”

“Yay!” The crusader started to jump on her spot. Fluttershy grinned awkwardly and before seeing the clock on the wall.

“Oh my, look at the time! I have to go Sweetie Belle, goodbye!”

“Goodbye, Miss Fluttershy!” Sweetie Belle waved at her as she left. When she closed the door, Fluttershy stopped galloping and began to recover her breath.

“Thank Celestia I can lie if I have to… I hope Rarity tells Trixie the truth, and soon…”

***

That night, at Golden Oak Library, Twilight was organizing the books to make sure that there weren’t any missing.

“Phew! That was the last one. Now, I can finally check this from the list.” When she was revising the list for the next day, she heard something behind her. She turned to find her number one assistant standing, not really looking at her. “Oh, hi, Spike! How are you feeling?” Twilight asked with concern. Spike has been locked in the bathroom for several hours crying and sobbing. He looked directly at Twilight and she could see his eyes red.

“A bit better… sorry for not being able to help…”

“I want you to take all the time you need, don’t worry, I told you I can handle it myself.”

“Thank you, Twilight. You’re a good friend.” The bookworm pony hugged Spike and it was returned immediately.

“Is there something else I can do for you?”

“Yes, there is something…”

“Tell me and I’ll do it for you.” The baby dragon looked at the pony who raised her since he was born and changed his sad face for an angered one.

“Don’t mention the mare who stole my Rarity in front of me ever again!”

Author's Note:

Well, Rarity’s better! Kind of… how long will she be able to keep her secret? Will Spike hate Trixie forever? Find out soon! :D
I want to thank my secret proofreader for revising this chapter before its release! :)