• Published 3rd Apr 2013
  • 510 Views, 4 Comments

The Awakening: Book One - Queen Chrysalis - Peach Blossom



Find out how Chrysalis became who she is.

  • ...
 4
 510

Chapter Two: The Years After

The sun shone down on the meadow. Chrysalis looked up from her tears, staring at all the birds flying around. There was a beautiful pegasus flying in the air with the birds. Chrysalis stared in amazement as the pegasus circled lower and lower. Finally, she could see her. It was her mother.

But that's impossible! She dead! Chrysalis thought. What's going on? Am I dead, too?

As if in response to her thoughts, Crystal landed in front of her, stars sparkling on her hooves.

Are my hooves sparkling too?

No, they weren't. That proved that she wasn't dead.

"You're dreaming, little one." Crystal murmured.

"Hey, kiddo!"

That was Coldhooves's voice.

"Daddy? Mommy? What's going on?"

"We just want you to know that even though we aren't with you..." Crystal began.

"...We will always be watching over you," Coldhooves finished.

"But mommy, who will take care of me?"

"Derpy will, dear.

"What will you do?"

"Watch over you from the stars," Coldhooves answered.

"You better wake up, dear," Crystal murmured. "You're worrying Derpy."

"Chrysalis? Chrysalis! Chrysalis, wake up! Chrysalis!" Derpy's voice called through the clouds.

"I don't want to leave you!" Chrysalis wailed.

"No, no, NO! You can't be dead! You absolutely can't be dead!!!" Derpy's voice sounded above them again.

"You must. Derpy will take good care of you, I promise." Crystal said.


Derpy stared down in horror at Chrysalis. She had fallen asleep and didn't look like she was breathing now.

"Chrysalis? Chrysalis! Chrysalis, wake up! Chrysalis!"

The foal still didn't wake up.

She can't be dead! She just can't be!

"No, no NO! You can't be dead! You absolutely can't be!" Derpy cried.

She kneeled down next to Chrysalis and wept. The last of Crystal's family was gone.


"NO!" Chrysalis woke up with a scream.

None of that really happened. My mother is NOT dead, I did NOT see her in heaven, and my father is still out battling the DemonGhost to keep us safe. Chrysalis thought. But whatever I do, don't look down. She looked down.

Chrysalis stared into the empty, lifeless eyes of her mother, the promenient bite marks on her neck still gushing the remnants of her blood. Sorrow overcame her again, threatening to overflow through the floodgates of her eyes.

Comments ( 3 )

...
I would advise getting different cover art if you wish your story to be taken seriously.
A simple screen-shot of what your current... cover is trying to mimic would do, but I'm sure if you took the time to look for one, you could find something perfectly fitting for your story.

i.need.MORE!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

Are you open to constructive criticism?

Login or register to comment