• Published 3rd Apr 2013
  • 509 Views, 4 Comments

The Awakening: Book One - Queen Chrysalis - Peach Blossom



Find out how Chrysalis became who she is.

  • ...
 4
 509

Prologue

It was dark, cold, and stormy. The moon was out, just hidden behind the clouds. A lone mare quickly trotted through the piercing rain, her long, beautiful mane flowing in the wind.

"Coldhooves!" she desperately cried to her mate. "Coldhooves, where are you?"

No response came. The mare continued to run. The rain came down harder than ever before, getting in her eyes and soaking her wings.

"Coldhooves!" she called again.

"Crystal?" a voice called in the distance. "Crystal is that you?"

Crystal suddenly stopped. She must be hallucinating. Coldhooves said that he'd meet her in Cloudsdale, not the middle of nowhere!

"Crystal! Crystal, I'm here!" the voice called again.

She couldn't be imagining this. No hallucinations were this realistic!

It MUST be Coldhooves! she thought. It has to be...

"Coldhooves!" Crystal yelled.

"Crystal! Crystal! Stay where you are! I'm coming!" the voice progressively got nearer.

Crystal stopped running. She peered carefully into the rain, using one of her soaked wings to shield her eyes from the onslaught of rain. The silhouette of a unicorn was quickly approaching. A flash of lightning quickly illuminated the sky. That short amount of time was just enough for Crystal to see the unicorn racing towards her.

He was a bright blue, with a white flowing mane and sparkling green eyes. This was Coldhooves.

"Oh, Crystal, my dear, how close are you?"

"It's almost time," Crystal responded, her voice cracking with pain.

"Lay down!" Coldhooves frantically demanded. "Lay down, and hurry! You must rest!"

"Just what are you saying, Coldhooves?"

"Well, uh, if you that close to it, don't you think that you should rest?"

"Do you want our foal to be born in the rain?"

Coldhooves opened his mouth to respond, but Crystal didn't give him a chance to respond.

"She'll catch a cold as soon as she's born!"

"If it's a girl," Coldhooves muttered under his breath.

"OF COURSE IT'S A GIRL! Do you doubt Celestia?"

"Well, no, but,"

"We need shelter, Coldhooves. Now."

Coldhooves sighed. "All right. Let's go."

They traveled on, pregnant mare and mate, for what felt like hours. Every now and then, Crystal would fall to the ground, groaning about the pain. Finally, they found a cave.

"I can't let you go any farther!" Coldhooves said. "Get in that cave, now!"

Crystal obeyed, and settled down to give birth to her child.