• Published 30th Mar 2013
  • 765 Views, 57 Comments

Das Insanity Train - Survivor98



Five beings are teleported to Equestria. How will they cope?

  • ...
5
 57
 765

Chapter 14: The Journey part 2

The ponies all walked into the gigantic metal war machine and followed Artemus to a set of massive stairs. The inside of the tank was a dull gray with nothing on them apart from a few rivets. The area they were in was large but not the full length of the tank. The ponies simply assumed that the engine was at the front and the back half was a cargo bay of sorts. Artemus was talking with Seragus, Magnus and Viagol. They nodded at each other and the latter three climbed the stairs and vanished out of sight.

"Right then it's gonna take us a while to get to Manehattan so take a seat or have a look around" said Artemus.

The ponies looked at each other and sat on some nearby benches. Artemus sat opposite them with a look of thought plastered across his metal face. His glowing blue eyes never blinking or moving. Everypony took a moment to actually look at Artemus, pay attention to what he looked like. Some of them could hear a soft whirring noise coming from his chest while others looked at how his arms were held by what looked like pistons. They all stopped looking and instead started adjusting their weapons. Artemus took notice of Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, who were starring at their weapons with sad looks on their muzzles.

"Are you girls alright?" asked Artemus. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy both looked up at Artemus with tears forming in their massive eyes.

"I don't think I can do this" said Pinkie Pie.

"Neither do I" said Fluttershy.

"Hurting ponies isn't right, violence is never the answer" said Pinkie as her mane deflated.

"Pinkie. These changelings aren't ponies and they certainly don't care about who they hurt" said Twilight as she hugged Pinkie.

"Twilight's right. If all they were doing was causing a bit of trouble, then me and the lads wouldn't have pulled the Ratte out. But when you're talking about families being murdered and cities being burned to ash. That's when you take action. If a species needs to kill and destroy to survive, then they need to be wiped out" said Artemus putting a reassuring metal hand around Pinkie and Fluttershy's shoulder.

"You know what, I think I can do this" Pinkie said as she put on a determined face.

"Yeah. If they kill ponies just for fun they should get a taste of their own medicine" said Fluttershy looking slightly angry.

Artemus smiled and sat back in his chair. He took this time to have a look at the ten guards Shining had brought along with him. They looked ready but not confident.

"So are they the best guards you have or what?" asked Artemus.

"Yes. They are the ones I believe to be the most reliable in my guard" said Shining.

"Hmmm. Rank!" shouted Artemus at the guards.

Ten ranks ranging from lieutenant to major were shouted out followed by ten salutes.

"Do you have a rank? If you don't mind me asking sir" asked a stallion guard.

"Yes I fought in over thirty different armies and each time gained a rank of five star general" said Artemus with a smile. "So I'm sort of like a one hundred and fifty star general if you think about it".

"Wow that's impressive" said Shining with a smile.

"I hope so. I'd hate to think that I fought for almost forty five thousand years and it wasn't impressive" laughed Artemus.

"Hey Artemus. Whats under that tarp?" asked Rainbow

"Oh. That's Seragus' Warthog" said Artemus pointing a thumb at the tarp behind him.

"He keeps a warthog under a tarp? Why?" asked Twilight.

"Not the animal" said Artemus as he walked over to the tarp and pulled it off.

Underneath the tarp was a four wheeled car with a massive plate of spikes on the front and a quadruple barreled chain gun on the back. It was painted jet-black and had a crimson red streak going right up the center.

"Cool, what does he use that for?" asked Rainbow with a smile.

"Plowing through hordes of enemies in second and making as much mess possible in the process" said Artemus as he sat back down on the bench.

"Artemus would you mind telling me what these suits are made of? Whatever it is it's simply fabulous" said Rarity as she examined her suit.

"The metal parts are made from titanium and the soft parts are made of kevlar woven with steel" said Artemus. "The suites are also lined with fire proof materials and are water proof, wind proof, bullet proof and stab proof".

"That's amazing. Something so soft can be so resilient and light" said Rarity with a giggle.

"Artemus would you mind explaining how our weapons work and what they do?" asked Twilight.

"Alright then. Twilight you're weapon is called a sniper rifle, so you'll be sticking with Viagol when we get to Manehattan. It is designed to fire long distances with extreme power and be very accurate. Rainbow I gave you an SMG because it's fast and light, sorta like you. It's designed to be compact and easy to handle but still be powerful. Applejack we gave you a shot gun because you seem like you'd be good at close quarters combat. Shotguns are designed to spread out in a wide range with brutal power, so don't try and shoot anything more than fifteen feet away. Pinkie Pie I gave you an LMG because I figured you'd be better at supporting ponies. LMG's are machine guns with big magazines for long time firing. They're very good for suppressing enemy positions and clearing out multiple enemies quickly. Fluttershy I gave you a mini gun filled with pulse rounds. So it's very quiet and won't kill anything unless you flick the little switch on the bottom. Right now if you shoot anything with it they will be stunned for about an hour, but if you flick the switch they will receive a shock that will rupture their organs and destroy their bodies. Mini guns are usually fitted to vehicles and used to pepper areas with massive fire power. Rarity I gave you a rifle because you like to be clean. So this rifle has been designed to kill a target but draw little to no gore from them. Rifles like yours are typically used for stealth operations and hunting. Shining I gave you a machine gun prototype. It fires tiny 10mm caseless rounds using super conductive magnets to throw them at targets at incredible speeds. The rest of you were given assault rifles, which are commonly used for their power and accuracy. They are standard issue weapons in almost every army that has them and fire 5.56mm rounds. If you have an automatic weapon then you are advised to fire in short bursts to be more accurate and conserve ammo. Don't spray and pray but if you have a shot at an enemy take it. Also you're suits are equipped with a hud that you can see. It will tell you, the condition of you're suit, how much ammo you have and how close to dying you are. Remember these suits will make you extremely resistant to damage but you're not invincible. Don't try and be a hero and don't be stupid. If you fuck around in a fire fight you might as well shoot yourself and save the enemy the trouble". Said Artemus.

The seventeen ponies nodded and went back to talking among each other. After several minutes a radio on the wall behind the ponies cracked to life.

"Yo Artemus, there's a pony standing in the middle of the road. What do we do?" said Seragus through the radio.

"Stop the tank. I'll have a look" said Artemus as he picked up a shotgun.

"Hey what are you doing?" asked Twilight shocked.

"It might be a trap" said Artemus with looking back.

The back of the tank opened slightly and Artemus climbed out. He walked around to the front of the tank and saw a pony standing with a cloth covering it's face. Artemus noticed it was a filly due to the size. However what Artemus noticed above all else was that she was covered in deep cuts and was completely silent. Artemus took the cloth off her face and saw that her eyes had been removed. The ponies were watching the whole thing on a monitor inside the tank. Artemus stood up to his full height and fired the shotgun into a nearby bush. A large dog fell out and before anything else could happen Artemus fired another shot into some trees behind him causing another large dog to fall out dead. Several snarls were heard from the trees and bushes around Artemus.

"Oh no Diamond Dogs" said Twilight.

"Well what are we waiting for we need to go help Artemus" said Rainbow.

"I'd be more worried about the dogs you lot mentioned" said Seragus through the radio.

"Why?" asked Rainbow.

"Because Artemus will kill every single one of them in seconds if he gets the chance. When children get murdered, he goes fucking mental. Children shouldn't be touched in war and certainly not used as fucking decoys. To be honest with you I feel sorry for those dogs" said Seragus.

Several shrieks of pain and agony were heard from outside the tank. When everypony looked on the monitor they almost screamed. The entire area in front of the tank was covered in blood, organs, limbs and bone. One dog was left crawling along the ground whining and coughing up blood and broken teeth. Artemus then walked over to the dog kicked it over and ripped it's arm clean off. He then proceeded to beat the dog to death with the appendage before throwing it on the ground and walking back around to the back of the tank. When he walked in, all he got were shocked stares from the ponies with Rarity ready to faint. Artemus was completely covered in blood and even had an eye hanging from his chest. Artemus simply looked at himself and then the ponies.

"What?"