• Published 30th Mar 2013
  • 764 Views, 57 Comments

Das Insanity Train - Survivor98



Five beings are teleported to Equestria. How will they cope?

  • ...
5
 57
 764

Chapter 15: Manehattan Day 1

The ponies couldn't shake the shock of how brutal Artemus was in dealing with the Diamond Dogs. In the space of around ten seconds Artemus had killed nearly twenty dogs. He then walked in and shrugged it off like it was nothing.

"Alright that's plenty" said Artemus with a roll of his robotic eyes. "If you lot are shook off from that, I'm actually worried some of you might be scarred for life when we get to Manehattan".

"How did you do that so quickly?" asked Twilight with shocked amazement.

"I have hydraulics in my arms and legs. I call it combat hydraulics. It basically makes me run faster, jump higher and hit harder" said Artemus with a grin.

The ponies finally snapped themselves out of their trans and sat back down. They all started to feel a bit worried now that the time was drawing closer. Shining was curious though. Artemus said that they would get experience from this fight. What kind of experience?

"Hey Artemus. What kind of experience will we all get from this fight" asked Shining.

"By the time we're finished here, you'll all be trained in guerrilla warfare, weapons handling, explosive handling and stealth" said Artemus.

"Whats guerrilla warfare. Are we gonna dress up like monkeys?" asked Pinkie regaining her poofy mane.

"No. Guerrilla warfare is a form of irregular warfare in which a small group of combatants including, but not limited to, armed civilians or "irregulars" using military tactics, such as ambushes, sabotage, raids, petty warfare, the element of surprise, and extraordinary mobility to dominate a larger and less-mobile traditional army, or strike a vulnerable target, and withdraw almost immediately. However we won't be withdrawing until every one of those fuckers is laying in a pile of it's own organs and blood" said Artemus with a grunt.

"So we'll be setting traps and ambushes then?" asked Shining.

"Well I'm guessing Manehattan has a lot of tall buildings, narrow side streets and wide open main streets so yes" said Artemus with a shrug.

The tank lumbered on for another hour or so. During that time everypony talked among themselves and tried to make each other feel better. Artemus noticed Applejack looking rather down as she looked at a picture of her family. It was a picture of Big Mac, Applebloom and Granny Smith.

"You'll see them again darlin" Artemus said as he put a hand on Applejack's shoulder.

"Ah know but ah can't help but worry about them" said Applejack with tears welling up in her eyes.

"Listen darlin. As long as I'm still breathing, I promise you that I'll get you back home. Alright?" said Artemus with a smile.

"Thank ya Artemus" said Applejack as she whipped away tears with a hoof.

"Nae bother darlin".

The radio cracked to life again which made everyone go silent. There was a pause before Seragus spoke up.

"....Right we're here...." said Seragus.

"Whats wrong with you?" asked Artemus.

"Well I've got good news and bad news".

"Give us the good news".

"It looks like all the ponies got out safe".

Everyone sighed in relief. At least no ponies were killed.

"Whats the bad news?" asked Artemus.

"The changeling bastards have fortified the western part of the city" said Seragus. "Wait it looks like there are some ponies down there. I think they're fighting the changelings".

"It's probably the city guard" said Shining.

"OK everyone huddle up" said Artemus.

Everyone got into a circle to listen to Artemus.

"We're not going to go in guns blazing just yet alright? We're gonna be smart and get in unnoticed. Then we're gonna destroy them from the inside out" said Artemus. He received twenty nods. "OK does everyone have their gear? Plenty of ammo?"

"Yeah" said everyone.

"OK good, me and the lads are gonna get armored up. We won't be long" said Artemus as he and the rest of the guys disappeared into a room further down the tank. About five minutes later they all returned wearing jet-black trench coats. The coats had dark gray shoulder guards and wrist guards. Underneath the coats were dark gray metal vests that had belts of bullets strung across them. On their heads they wore dark gray helmets and gas masks with red eyes.

"Right Twilight you and Viagol are going to stick to the perimeter of the city. We'll mark targets for you and you'll drop them, alright?" asked Artemus.

"Got it" said Twilight with a determined look on her face.

"Applejack, Rainbow and Fluttershy, you're with Seragus. You guys will help ambush targets on the main streets"

"Got it" said Applejack, Rainbow and Fluttershy sporting the same determined look as Twilight.

"Pinkie Pie, you're going with Magnus. You'll be supporting the other teams from the buildings"

"Okey-dokey-lokey!" Pinkie chirped happily.

"Shining? You and you're guys are coming with me. We're gonna be doing a little bit of everything. That includes setting traps, supporting the other teams and generally fucking shit up big time" said Artemus.

"How long do you think we're going to be here?" asked Rainbow.

"Two days max" said Artemus

"OK" said Rainbow with a snort. "Let's do this".

The back of the tank opened up and they all exited. Shining stopped when he got out.

"Twily! Be safe" said Shining as he hugged Twilight.

"You too Shining" said Twilight with a smile.

"I really wish you lot would have more faith in us. We're not gonna let you die, period. You don't get to die unless we say so you got that" said Artemus with a stern look towards everyone. "Alright then lets go".

The groups split up. Twilight and Viagol took position on a tall hill just outside of Manehattan. Pinkie Pie and Magnus ran up a pile of rubble that led into a string of partially wrecked building. Rainbow, AJ, Fluttershy and Seragus ran into one of the main streets and took cover behind a large pile of rubble that blocked the street. Artemus, Shining and the guards ran through the main street and into some side streets heading for the changeling strong hold that had been built. Artemus had a bag slung over his shoulder.

"Whats in the bag?" asked Shining in a hushed voice.

"Enough explosives to wreck a large town" said Artemus as he scanned the street for hostiles. "OK I've got visual on four changelings".

"I don't know why we're using all these tactics. They're virtually feral. They won't be using any kind of tactics" said Twilight over the radio.

"We told you lot about the locusts right?" asked Artemus receiving multiple yes's in return. "Well when they first appeared, that's what everyone thought about them to. They thought they were just stupid creatures who just used brute force. But they had the generals fooled they were using tactics the whole time. So it wouldn't surprise me if these fannies are doing the same".

"That....actually makes sense" said Twilight.

"Oh bollocks. Hey Seragus you've got a patrol coming you're way. Wait for them to pass or take them out quietly" said Artemus.

"Copy that".

The sound of a struggle and bones breaking was heard from the street.

"We're good" said Seragus.

"Pinkie. Do you see anything?" asked Rainbow over the radio.

"Not yet Dashie".

"Artemus there's a group of changelings entering the side street" said Viagol.

"No problem, we'll let them pass and then move into that cafe across the street. Alright?" Artemus asked told the soldiers behind him.

"Yes sir" they all replied with quick salutes.

The eleven ponies and Artemus ran across the fairly narrow side street and into an abandoned cafe. Once they had cleared the door he placed a small block on the door way and then strung a wire to the other side were he then pinned it into the wall.

"Whats that?" asked Shining.

"It's a shrapnel bomb tripwire. Basically if any changelings follow us through here the bomb will explode and cave in the wall, killing them in the process" said Artemus.

"Won't that draw attention to us?" asked one of the guards from the other side of the cafe were he was watching the street.

"No it'll look like the buildings just collapsed" said Artemus.

(Meanwhile in the nearby buildings)

Pinkie Pie walked next to Magnus as they stalked a group of changelings on the street from the building adjacent to them.

"What do we do?" whispered Pinkie.

"Just leave them there going into the side street Artemus just went into. If they bump into them he'll waist them" said Magnus.

Suddenly a noise was heard behind them. Magnus turned ready to kill and was surprised to see a black armored Theron Guard standing behind them in a partially destroyed hallway.

"Hey everybody, I thought we could do with some help so I brought some Elite Theron Guards here to help us" said Viagol.

(Inside the changeling stronghold)

A tall armored changeling stood before a large green crystal ball. On the ball was a massive black changeling that sat on a throne made of dead ponies.

"My king we have taken control of west Manehattan. We are scouting out the buildings in the area looking for any other ponies who are hiding" said the changeling general.

"Excellent. You have done well my soldier" said the changeling king in a deep voice.

A quiet thud was heard outside the stronghold walls causing the changelings in the room to turn and look.

"What was that?" asked the general. "You two go check it out".

Two changelings walked out into the street. It was pitch black and completely silent outside. The sun had set moment ago and made way for the night. A nearby bin was knocked over and a quiet hissing was heard from the darkness all around the two changelings.

"Hostilesssss....."

"What was that?" asked the first changeling.

"Don't worry it's probably just the wind" said the second changeling.

"Yeah right. When was the last time the wind said 'hostiles' to you?" said the first changeling.

The second changeling was about to reply when he and his companion were pulled into the darkness and killed by a pair of white skinned black armored creatures.

"Puny creaturessss" hissed the theron guard as it stalked it's way into the changeling stronghold under the cover of darkness.