• Published 30th Mar 2013
  • 764 Views, 57 Comments

Das Insanity Train - Survivor98



Five beings are teleported to Equestria. How will they cope?

  • ...
5
 57
 764

Chapter 21: Ponyville

Everyone gathered their weapons and armored up. They didn't try to pretend that getting the Elements of Harmony back was going to be easy. Many ponies were taking the news quite hard. Some of them hadn't fought or harmed anything never mind outright murder something. Many frightened ponies turned to the four rulers for guidance while other turned to the Elements. However most of the ponies turned to the four humans for closure and reassurance. They saw the four humans as giant protectors that would smite down Equestria's enemies with fury to mach the sun.

"We're probably going to die trying to find the-" Magnus was cut off with a swift kick to the ribs by Seragus.

"Shut your puss you moaning faced cunt" Seragus bellowed angrily at Magnus. "That's not helping the situation you stupid fanny".

"C'mon guys we shouldn't be fighting amongst ourselves, that's not gonna help us find the Elements" Rainbow said as she hovered in between Seragus and Magnus.

Many of Ponyville's residents had been spared the fate that so many others had received. Only one or two hadn't gotten into the tunnels. However the one major problem was no solid information had been gathered on how the virus affected the local wild life. Some scouts would be sent out to look for food and supplies but more often than not they would come back rambling about creatures in the dark and long limbs coming to take them to Tartarus. They would always end up walking out at night and turning in the clouds of virus. Many families were separated when everyone moved into the tunnels but they were re-united in the end. However many ponies had started viewing Artemus as a personal titan. One cross eyed pegasus had been saved by Artemus seconds before the gas would have got her. She even wore a small flag on her chest plate as many other ponies did. The flag was blue with a white cross on it and Artemus' robotic skull in the center. Ponies that ever fought by Artemus would generally keep a distance from the hulking metal biped, as there was always the chance that he would crush them.

"Right! So where do we start looking for the Elements of Harmony?" asked Artemus as he picked up a large combat knife.

"Well it looks like the five bandit clans have the Elements of Laughter, Loyalty, Kindness, Generosity and Honesty. However the Element of Magic is somewhere in the Frozen North or the Crystal Empire" Celestia explained as she pointed to different locations on a large map.

"I think we split into teams to get them back" said Seragus.

"That could work" said Chrysalis.

"What do you think Artemus?" asked Luna.

"Sounds like it could work well. But we'll have to train our teams in our styles of fighting so we actually work as a unit" said Artemus as he stroked his metallic chin.

"What did you have in mind?" asked Cadence.

"Hmmm...Okay listen up! Me, Seragus, Magnus and Viagol are going to train you all in different styles! When we are done you will be the enemies worst nightmare! Now! If you want to roll with me your going to have to be fast strong and ready to do anything! When you fight with me, you'll be fighting in all weather conditions, on all terrains, in any temperature against any enemy!" Artemus boomed across the large stone room.

"If you want to fight with me! Your going to have to be quiet and brutal! We will be taking care of recon, stealth and demolition missions!" shouted Seragus.

"If you want to fight with me you'll have to be calm and a good shot because we'll be taking care of long range sniping! We're the ones who kill the enemy before they even know what's happening!" Viagol shouted across the sea of ponies.

"If you want to fight with me your going to have to be quick and strong! We're the ones who help the others when they're in need of help! We support the advance of troops on the field with big guns and lot's of ammo!" Magnus shouted.

The ponies all took looks at each other and talked amongst themselves for several minutes. After a while, all the ponies stood up put on a brave face and marched next to a human. Artemus saw one pony who he remembered as Big Mac standing next to him.

"Your Applejack's brother aren't you?" asked Artemus.

"Eeeyup" said Big Mac.

"Girls?" said Celestia.

"Yes princess?" asked Twilight as her and the other Elements gathered around Celestia.

"I want you to stay here and help command rather than fight" said Celestia.

"But princess, we have to help save Equestria" said Twilight.

"You are the Elements of Harmony and we can't afford to have you injured or killed out there".

"But-"

"Please girls. I know it's hard but you have to realize that there is only so much the boys can do to protect you. You aren't invincible" said Celestia with a sad look.

The Elements all let out a sigh. "But what can we do from here?" asked Twilight.

"Yeah. I aint to good with strategy your highness" said Applejack. "And it looks like Big Mac's gonna go fight with Artemus. I'm worried for mah family. I want to protect em'".

"I understand your concerns Applejack but all of you must understand that this is the only way" said Celestia with a pleading look at the girls.

"Okay then" they all said in unison.

All of a sudden there was a loud bang from the large reenforced steel door at the other end of the room. Everyone turned to it, many with shock and fear, but many others with determination and bravery. The door was hit again. This time it dented slightly. Artemus sighed and approached the door.

"Who is it?" he asked jokingly.

Suddenly a large claw came through the door and grabbed Artemus by the chest. However Artemus grabbed it with lighting speed and tore it clean off. The claw was very large, was a dull gray color and looked rotten. The door was banged again and was now starting to come off the hinges.

"What is it!?" shouted a pony from the back of the room.

"Is it a dragon!?"

"The horror! The horror!"

The door flew off the hinges and behind it stood a massive griffon. It was mostly black but was dull gray in other places. It's eyes were hollow and glowed a very dim green color. To everyone's surprise it then spoke.

"Daaaaaaash?" it spoke in a gurgling and demonic voice.

Rainbow froze in fear as the griffon turned and looked at her. "...Gilda...?".

The griffon then roared and attempted to jump at Rainbow and the other ponies but was stopped by Artemus who landed a punch to the beasts chest. The griffon collapsed in a heap on the floor and tried to get back up. Artemus stood over the rotting creature with red eyes before plunging his arm into it's back and tearing it's whole spine out along with it's skull. Every pony froze in fear and horror. Artemus' eyes turned blue again and he through the spine and skull to the floor.

"Well it's been a while since you did that Artemus" said Seragus with a grin.

"Well it's fun to go over the top sometimes" Artemus replied with a laugh. "Anyway. We should probably start training you all up! So lets get to it!".