• Published 25th Mar 2013
  • 437 Views, 6 Comments

A story for Fancy Paints - Spell Bound



Fancy Paints is having an Artist block, and thinks back to what her dad once told her

  • ...
 6
 437

The only chapter

Fancy Paints looked the paint brush she was holding in her magic, and then looked at the blank canvas standing before her. With a frustrated groan she threw the brush across the room. Aged 19 she was a pink mare with a yellow mane.

In a few weeks she was going to get married to her Fiancé Red Rover, a red Pegasus stallion with blue eyes and a crimson mane. She wanted to paint something to give to him before the wedding, but artist block had stricken her.

Groaning Fancy rolled her yellow eyes and left her house to clear her head. She stopped into her favorite muffin shop to get a snack before trotting to sit in the park. Looking around Fancy observed all the ponies in the park laughing and playing. Smiling she sat on the grass and leant against a tree. As she leaned against the tree a memory hit her of something her father had once told her back when she lived with her parents in Canterlot.

=====================================================================

F,ancy was a young filly. Her father Inkwell had just started to teach her in the ways of art magic. Inkwell was a tall black Unicorn stallion, his mane was a mix of two red hues. His cutie mark was of a pink feather, symbolizing his talent in Ink drawings. However these lessons where put on hold as Inkwell was going through a rather bad artist block. He had gotten tired of drawing ponies and inanimate objects and needed to find a new motive to draw.

“Daddy….when will you teach me how to art again?” A filly fancy asked her father.

“Daddy will teach you once he gets over his artist block. Come on my little princess, it’s time for you to get to school. Moma’s gonna take you and I’ll collect. See you later Fancy.”

“See ya daddy!” Fancy called out as she jumped onto her mother’s, Majestic Chord, back. Inkwell chuckled as his wife walked out with their daughter on her back pretending to be a nugget pirate. Majestic was a red Pegasus mare with a golden mane and had a music note as her cutie mark.

(I should take a break to elaborate. A nugget pirate is just like a normal pirate, except that they only steal nuggets. Right back to the story.)

Inkwell aimlessly wandered around the house trying to find some inspiration. When he found none he flopped onto the couch with a sigh. He began leafing through the newspaper before he saw there was a short lecture on nature for later today. Looking at his clock he saw he had an hour before it started, and figuring as he had nothing more productive to do than be pain on his wife’s plot by lazing about all day he got up, wrote a note for Majestic Chord, and head of for the Canterlot main hall.

“I wonder who will be lecturing. It’s been so long since I’ve been to a proper lecture. Why….not since university.” Ink thought to himself.

When Ink arrived at the main hall he joined a fairly large crowd waiting outside before being shuffled into the building. One inside he took a seat and almost immediately a warm feeling overcame him and a beautiful song was heard. He could see the same thing was happening to the others from the expressions on their face as they sat down. “What on Equestria is going on?”

His silent question was soon answered as two Unicorns took to the stage. One was a full grown stallion. His fur was blue, his mane short and grey and his eyes hidden behind dark shades. The other was a stallion in his teens. He was grey furred, his mane black with a red streak and his eyes were turquoise, and disturbingly had no pupils. His horn was glowing softly showing he was casting a spell. As his aura faded Ink felt the warmth and song slowly disappear.

The older stallion to centre stage and began to speak. “Welcome my fine ladies and gentlecolts. I’m sure most of you are wondering what has just transpired. That was the work of my companion here, Spell Bound. He is quite talented in the ways of Nature Magic, and has just shared with you the song of the plants around you. Quite beautiful no?” Many of the ponies, Ink included, had their jaws hanging open from what they were just told.

“Many ponies believe that plants are silent things. Solitary and mindless. But this is not the case. They are wonderful creatures who sing constantly. They sing of days of old, long before any of us. Maybe before even the Alicorn sisters. They sing of current events, and of strange foreign lands. This lecture will tell you about the many wonders of nature magic, and the beauty nature holds.” The older stallion took a quick bow and let the Teen Spell Bound take centre stage.

An hour later Ink left the hall rejuvenated and headed home quickly. As soon as he entered he took up his quill and began one of his most masterful ink-pen drawings. “Why didn’t I think of this sooner. The oriental ponies discovered this kind of beauty eons ago.”

------------------------------------------------

When Fancy came home being carried on her father’s back she came to a surprise. Hanging in the middle of the wall was a beautiful ink drawing depicting a solitary pony in a forest. “Wow daddy………..that’s beautiful……..”

“Remember my little princess. Whenever you have trouble drawing, look around you for inspiration. Nature has many wonders to behold.”

==============================================================

Fancy sat up so quickly that the birds around her in the trees flew away scarred. She ran home and gathered her painting equipment before rushing back to the park and began to pain the scene before her. She painted the pond in the middle of the park, the trees nearby, the ponies sitting on the benches and the setting sun. Smiling at her work she packed everything away and began the walk to her fiancé’s house.

She knocked on the door, which was answered by the red Pegasus she had fallen in love with. She quickly gave him a nuzzle whispering into his ear “I have a gift for you my love.” Fancy took the painting off her back and gave it to Red Rover.

“It’s beautiful Fancy. Thank you. Would you like a cup of tea?”

Fancy nodded happily, and together they entered the home they would soon be sharing.

Comments ( 6 )

((Nugget pirates are like the best. They need to exist. I'd be one. Oh hey, Red!)) WHY AM I HERE?

That was pretty cool
no it wasnt
You again
miss me
No. You are just plain annoying
go die in a hole

I like it. There's a good story line, but you could work on grammar and formatting. For instance, once you call her father "ink pen" and another time "ink well". Also, instead of explaining in parenthesis, you could say "nugget pirates-the kind that steal your nuggets, naturally-" or something along the lines of that. Sometimes I go over my stories and proofread to make them better, which I suggest you doing here, but I like it. A good, clean one-shot.

2319406Damn i thought i corrected all of those. His name is meant to be Inkwell. Where did i miss it?

2319735
Right after "fancy was a young filly"
I suggest just taking a couple minutes to slowly go through and correct errors. Whenever I do that with my stories, it's like I just brushed my hair-everything becomes smooth and pretty. :P :)

Login or register to comment