• Published 20th Dec 2013
  • 1,299 Views, 20 Comments

Friendship: a new type of animalism. - MetalBrony823



This story takes place in the 1999 version of Animal Farm by George Orwell. Jessie the dog, and the Animals left the farm to get away from The Evil pig Napoleon, and they reunite with Snowball the rightful leader of the farm.

  • ...
20
 20
 1,299

This is our Story(Snowball)

Everypony made it to Applejack's farm. There was a big red stallion with a big Granny smith apple as a cutie mark. He was harvesting apples from apple trees. "There was a really old mare, rocking in her rocking chair, sleeping, and snoring loudly. Finally, they saw an adorable little yellow earth pony with a long a red mane with a bow tie on it. There were also 2 little fillies right next to her. One was an orange pegasus with short hair, and like a rock n roll type of way. the one right next to her was a white unicorn filly with a curly white mane, with light purple mixed with the whitish color.

"I want to show all of you animals to my family, and my lil sister's friends, alright." Applejack announced.

The animals nod their heads in agreement, and first went up to the big red stallion, He was the one that saw the animals, right before they saw him, and they both approached each other. The red stallion bowed to the 2 princess's.

"Alright new friends, this is Big Macintosh, my big brother."

Snowball walked up to him, and they both shook hooves. "Nice to meet you, Big Macintosh."

There was little response from big mac, but what he said was a low "Eeyup."

Jessie walked up ti big Mac, and said "Is something wrong, Macintosh?"

He bowed down his head, embarrassed. "Nothin's wrong at all." he said with his head raised. "I'm just shy. that's all."

Clover walked up to big Mac, and put a hoof, on his. "There is nothing to be ashamed of." she said.

"Thanks." replied Big mac.

The three adorable fillies came to the group. "Hi Applejack." the little yellow earth pony said.

"Oh, hey Applebloom." replied Applejack

They too bowed down to the 2 princess.

"Who are these people, and animals?" said the orange pegasus.

"I never seen them before." Added the little white unicorn.

Snowball walked up to the three little fillies, and cleared his throat.

"Hello, my name is Snowball."

The 3 fillies were amazed to hear a talking pig. "Wow! he talks!" said the orange pegasus.

"Nice to meet you Snowball."

Added the white filly, shaking snowball's hoof.

The fillies cleared their throats, and each one said.

"I'm Applebloom." said the yellow earth pony.

"I'm Scootaloo." said the orange pegasus.

"And i am Sweetie Belle." said the white unicorn, in a squeaky voice. They all form in a group, and said, "And we are..." Everypony except the Snowball, and the animals, who didn't know what was going on.

"I'd cover your eardrums if i were you." Said Rarity.

"THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS! YAAY!"

Snowball shook his head, and said "Cute."

Rarity, Rainbow dash, and Applejack came to the little trio.

"I am really sorry with our sisters, they can be-"

but she paused when the animals exclaimed "Sisters?!" The animals looked to see a striking resemblance between the cutie mark crusaders, and the three ponies that came up close to the fillies.

"Well..." Rainbow dash said. "Scootaloo is not really my sister, but really my little blood sister."

Scootaloo said "That's right, i asked her to take me under her wing, and she said yes."

Everypony walked up to the old green pony who was snoring loudly. "Granny Smith" Applejack whispered in her ear. "Sorry guys, i forgot to tell you that she is a heavy sleeper."

Benjamin walked up, right in front of Granny Smith. "It's alright Applejack. I never thought i would do this, but since she is a heavy sleeper. Benjamin cleared his throat, and gave a loud EEEEHAAAAAAHH. Granny Smith woke up, startled. Everyone laughed, all except Benjamin.

Pinkie Pie noticed the blank look on Benjamin's face, ans started to look concerned. "Are you okay Benjamin, because you were the only one who wasn't laughing." Everyone looked at Benjamin, including Granny Smith.

"I'm alright Pinkie." Benjamin said, looking bored stiff. "Well why aren't you laughing, then."

Benjamin gave out a sigh, and said "Well..." He paused for a moment, trying to find a way to better explain to the party-loving pony.

"Yes???" said the ponies, and the 2 princess's.

"It's just that when i see something funny, i don't laugh beacuse there's nothing for me to laugh at." said Benjamin.

"Whaaat?" Pinkie gasped in shock, and suprise. "Nothing to laugh at, that's crazy talk! Everyone has to laugh at something." Pinkie later asked Benjamin "Are you at least happy?"

Benjamin cleared his throat, and answered "Donkeys live a long time. None of you has ever seen dead donkey."

The ponies, Spike, and the 2 princess's gave out a confused look. "What does that have to do with anything?" said Rainbow Dash.

"I am just a very old donkey, that's all." said Benjamin.

He later turns toward Granny Smith, and said "I am so sorry about the rude awakening, but you were a heavy sleeper."

Granny Smith approached Benjamin, and replied "That's alright, Benjamin, my family always wakes me up by making noises all the time."

Snowball cleared his throat, and said "Can we please get into the barn, i really want to tell you ponies how me, and my friends got here."

The Apple family led Snowball, Jessie, and the other animals to their barn. Everyone sat in rows. First came Twilight an her friends, who sat in the front row. Next, came the cutie mark crusaders, who came and sat right in front of their sisters, with Spike sitting right next to Sweetie Belle. Next came Big Macintosh, who sat in the corner behind Snowball, and Jessie sitting on a stage like Old Major gave his speech to the animals, ready to give their sides of their stories. The 2 princess's came, and sat right next to Big Mac. Granny Smith, sat in a rocking chair in the back, ready to take a nap again. Finally, the animals came, and sat behind Twilight, and her friends. Snowball was about to clear his throat, when the barn door was creaking open, everypony looked to see, it was a little white colt with brown spots, and brown hair on his head.

"Oh, hi Pip." said Fluttershy, walking up to him.

"Hi, Fluttershy." the little colt replied. "What are you doing here?" Said Princess Luna.

"I was looking for the cutie mark crusaders so we can play together, but i didn't know that you were in a very important meeting."

Suddenly, a zebra with gold necklaces, and bracelets came in standing right next to Pip.

"Oh and Zecora wanted to return her towel to Applebloom." he added. "I'm sorry if i interrupted your speech with a pig, and a dog." Snowball walked up to Pip, and Zecora, and said. "you didn't interrupt little one, you just didn't know that i was about to tell everyone how i got here. But if you want, you can listen to how me, and my animal friends got in to this universe."

Zecora said "I would love to spend a good time with my little friend of mine." And so the 2 came to hear Snowball, and Jessie's story.

Snowball, and the other animals introduced themselves to Pipsqueak, and Zecora before they can talk. Pip sat in between Scootaloo, and Applebloom, while Zecora sat next to the Princess's. At last Snowball, and Jessie could tell the animals how the animals came to this dimension.

(This song plays while Snowball, and Jessie talk)

Disclaimer: This song goes to Steve vai

"it all started almost a year ago." said Snowball. He told the ponies that he, and the animals had a cruel, and abusive farmer named "Mr. Jones. was a human being. An animal that's in the Primate Family. I will show you a picture, but not right now. He wasn't always like this. He was once a proud farmer, but sadly became disheartened after loosing a lot of money in a damaging lawsuit. He later started drinking alcohol, and underfeeding us. He, and his men would always go to this bar called the Red Lion, and get drunk all the time. He would get so drunk, that he would't come back a few days later, usually on late Sunday."

The ponies were very surprised to hear that Snowball, and his friends were living in those very harsh conditions. Fluttershy was the one that had the most sympathy for the, since she loves animals, and taking care of them. "That's terrible." said Fluttershy sorrowfully. "That gives Mr. Jones no right to take his hatred, and anger out on you animals."

Spook nodded his head in agreement and said "thanks for caring about us, Fluttershy. That really means alot to us."

Rainbow Dash stood up "It's just a lawsuit, it could happen to anybody." Said Rainbow Dash, a little angry.

Paul replied to her "That's exactly what we are saying Rainbow Dash."

Snowball continued his story saying by telling of Moses, Jones's pet raven. He said that he and the animals hated Moses, because he never did work with the animals, and told tales of Sugarcandy mountain, the place where all animals go when they die. "One night before Jones's absences, Old Major, an old Middle white boar, wanted to give out a very important Speech to us. He was the wisest of us all. He was a very fat boar, yet still majestic looking." He pointed out to a really big pig with with eyes blocked by his fatness, and had a bow tie on his head. "take that pig over there, for instance."

Applejack said "Lil Pigginton?"

Snowball replied to her saying "yes, Applejack." The huge looking pig gave out low oinks to Snowball. "What's that?" said Snowball talking to him. Pigginton oinked back to Snowball, and Snowball replied "Oh Really, you don't say."

The Ponies couldn't speak pig Except Fluttershy of Course, but they can understand Snowball just Fine.

"Translation, Please?" said Rarity. "He said thanks for calling me majestic looking." Snowball continued on saying "Anyway, We all went to his Stall to hear what he has to say." Snowball said hat Old Major wouldn't be with him, or the other animals for much Longer, and before Old Major will die, he wanted to pass on to the animals such as he understood. "Old Major said that animal kind is born to a miserable, laborious, and short existance. We are only given the food to fill our stomachs." Snowball added that Man is their enemy, Which he told every-pony that Mr. Jones was a man. Old Major said that after the animals are weak to do anything anymore, they are slaughtered with hideous cruelty. "Old Major said to all of us, Remove man, and we shall become free, and equal." said Snowball. He later explained the song that Old Major taught called "Beasts of England." Snowball taught the animals the songs

(Beasts of England)

Beasts of England, Beasts of Ireland,
Beasts of every land and clime,
Hearken to my joyful tidings
Of the Golden future time.
Soon or late the day is coming,
Tyrant Man shall be o'erthrown,
And the fruitful fields of England
Shall be trod by beasts alone.
Rings shall vanish from our noses,
And the harness from our back,
Bit and spur shall rust forever,
Cruel whips no more shall crack.
Riches more than mind can picture,
Wheat and barley, oats and hay,
Clover, beans and mangel-wurzels
Shall be ours upon that day.
Bright will shine the fields of England,
Purer shall its waters be,
Sweeter yet shall blow its breezes
On the day that sets us free.
For that day we all must labour,
Though we die before it break;
Cows and horses, geese and turkeys,
All must toil for freedom's sake.
Beasts of England, Beasts of Ireland,
Beasts of every land and clime,
Hearken well, and spread my tidings
Of the Golden future time.[1]

The ponies applaud, and cheered for the animals national anthem.

"Great Song, animals." Said Princess Celestia

"Yes, and very talented as well." added Princess Luna.

The animals Flustered a little. "Thank You, everyone. But sadly the dong was interupted by by a loud gun shot by Mr. Jones. Old Major had been hit, and he fell out of the window. We all buried him."

The ponies were quite surprised about this.

"I am so sorry that happened to you all." Celestia added

Snowball Later explained that Mr. Jones didn't feed the animals, and left them to rot, while Jones and his men watched television. He said that he, and the animals would take this no longer, and they went in to the room where the food was stored in. "Mr. Jones heard the commotion, and he went outside with his men with the gun in his hands. So we came after them, and kicked Jones out of the farm."

The ponies were impressed that the animals gave Jones backbone.

"Serves him right." Pipsqueak said.

"Well said, Pipsqueak." Snowball said. "At last the farm belonged to us, and we would live without tyranny, and fear. And i would show the animals the way." Snowball explained that the farm was called "Manor Farm" but after Mr Jones was kicked out, they renamed it, the new name was "Animal Farm". Snowball told the animals a few names he forgot to mention. The animal he first mentioned was Boxer.

"Boxer was a really large working horse. He was 2 horses combined into one. But the stripe on his nose made him look a little stupid. In fact he wasn't very bright at all."

Rarity raised her hoof, and said "Was Boxer bigger than Big Mac, Snowball?"

Snowball replied to her question saying "Oh Yes, and bigger than Clover, and Mollie." The next characters that Snowball mentioned were Napoleon, and Squealer. "Napoleon was a fierce looking black boar, who wasn't much of a speaker, but capable of getting things his own way. Squealer was a small, orange boar. He was a fast talker, and Napoleon uses him as a mouthpiece."

The ponies tried to picture the 3 animals that Snowball mentioned in their heads. The girls pictured Boxer as a handsome giant. Napoleon, on the other hand looked terrifying, and tusks sticking out of his mouth. Squealer was pictured as a small, pathetic pig, looking intimidated by Napoleon.

Snowball later said that the other animals looked in every room, but the most terrifying thing of all was the freezer, where many animals are slaughtered, as food. "Squealer opened a door to see Old Major, Lifeless, and dead, and they all left the house, terrified." The animals felt chills down their spines hearing that. "I didn't come with them because i just finished working on "The 7 Commandments" of Animalism. I wrote them all on the barn."

1.Whatever goes upon 2 legs is an enemy.

Everyone, except the animals looked at Spike, feeling scared. "It's alright, Spike, i didn't mean Baby dragons like you" Spike felt relieved, and sat back down.

2.Whatever goes upon 4 legs, or has wings is a friend
3.No animal shall wear clothes

The ponies looked with "What the Hell?" expressions on their faces. "Why don't you wear clothes?" said Rarity. "Well Rarity, it's because they symbolize Slavery for all animals. Their were a few "fair enough's" from a few ponies, and Applejack said "I understand."

4.No animal shall sleep in a bed

Everyone's eyes widen in disbelief. "Not animal type of beds, but human bed."

5.No animal shall drink alcohol

"Good, that rule is not silly, because alcohol is terrible for colts, and fillies." Zecora said. "And it tastes disgusting, and i literally mean bleehh!" Added Twilight.

6.No animal shall kill any other animal

The princess's smiled at that comment, being proud of Snowball.

7.All animals are equal

Everyone applaud, cheering "Hooray!"

Fluttershy walked up to Snowball, and put a hoof on his back saying "You are such a good leader, Snowball. We are all proud of you."

Snowball blushed "Why thank you, Fluttershy." Snowball later said "We raised our flag of freedom, we called it the hoof and horn." Snowball said that 2 months passed, and he felt that education was important to the animals. He would teach the letters of the alphabet, and teach them the principles of animalism. "Some of the animals were brighter than others of course, and there were some that were not so smart." Snowball told all of the ponies how the rebellion had spread across the county. He said that "Bulls that always seemed tractable, suddenly turned savage and gored their masters. Sheep broke the hedges and devoured the clover. Pigs refused to be eaten by their masters and mauled their necks. cows kicked the pale over. Horses refused their fences and shot their riders onto the other side." Snowball said with a proud tone "Above all, the tune and event the words of 'Beasts of England' were known everywhere on the countryside. And it had spread like a flock of geese heading south for the winter. The humans could not contain their rage when they heard this song. Although they pretend to call the song 'very ridiculous' they could not understand how even animals can bring themselves to sing such what they called ' Redonkulous, and contemptible rubbish'. Any animal caught singing the song was giving a flogging on the spot, yet the song was irrepressible. Blackbirds whistled it in the hedges, pigeons cooed it in the elms, sparrows tweeted it, bears roared to it, wolves howled to it, foxes screamed to it, cats and dogs yowled and howled to it, moose and elks bulged to it, crows cawed to it, and ravens cawed to it. It even got to the tune of the smithies, and tune of the church bells. When the human beings listen to it, they secretly trembled, hearing at it as a prophecy of their future doom." The ponies, Zecora, and Spike were amazed how animals could turn against humans that quickly. and be successful at it.

"That was very impressive, Snowball." said Princess Celestia.

"Yeah Snowball, and all of the animals were successful, and kick out the mean meanie humans." added Pinkie Pie

Snowball gave a look of shame, and guilt on his face. The ponies noticed the look on his face, and began to worry.

"You alright, Sugarcube?" Said Applejack.

"Yes Snowball, why do you look so down, you made animals everywhere kick evil humans out of their farms, and you should be proud." said Zecora.

The ponies shouted at agreement, and Snowball let out a sigh and said "I know Zecora, but i learned that not all humans are evil and abusive like Mr Jones, and his men. I learned that many humans are very kind as much as Fluttershy is. For instance i had lived on another farm that had very nice human owners, and treated me and their animals with absolute kindness, like Fluttershy how she treats her animals in her cottage like she told me." He told the ponies that their were 2 neighboring farms besides Animal Farm. "One of them which was called 'Foxwood' was a large neglected, old fashioned farm surrounded by woodland. It's pastures were worn out, and the hedges in a disgraceful condition. The owner's name was Mr. Pilkington. He..." Snowball's sentence was cut off by a few of the ponies chuckling. "Sorry Snowball, but it what kind of a name is that?" Said rainbow dash who broke down into a short laughter. When she stopped and everyone stopped laughing, Snowball continued. "As i was saying, Pilkington was an easygoing, gentleman farmer who would spend most of his time in fishing or hunting according to the seasons." Spike stood up and said "Well he doesn't sound like a very bad man." Snowball replied to Spike saying "You're right Spike, he cares more about his animals than Jones did for us." Snowball told about the other farm next door to them. "The other farm which was called 'Pinchfield' was smaller and a little better kept. The owners name was Mr Fredrick. He was a tough, shrewd man always involved in lawsuits, and a name for driving 'hard bargains' if you know what i mean. Later on we learned that Frederick rules his farm with an iron fist. He flogged his own horse to death, he starved his own cows to death, and he threw his own dogs in his furnace."

The ponies, Spike, and Zecora could not contain their blood from boiling about Fredrick, and their blood boiled.

Fluttershy's blood boiled the worse and said "HOW DARE THAT MONSTER DO THAT TO HIS OWN LIVESTOCK?!?! Poor animals." She had her eyes full of tears,

and Princess Luna comforted her with a wing over Fluttershy's body. "I know, he deserves to be in hell where he belongs and i agree with you. As i was saying, These 2 hated eachother so much that it was hard for them to come any agreement even if it was in defense in their own interests. They were both afraid of our rebellion that they were anxious to prevent their own animals from learning too much about it." He later told them how the humans were going to invade the farm to reclaim it, with Jones as their leader. All of the men were carrying sticks, except for Jones who was marching ahead with a gun in his hands "I came up with a plan to stop the invasion. The pigeons, geese, and ducks were first. The pigeons attacked by dropping dung on the humans."

Everyone had an expression of disgust on their faces. "I know , it is disgusting. The ducks and geese, who were hiding behind the hedges, rain up to the humans, and were pecking at the legs, really hard, but they were no match for Jones, and his men. The humans saw the sheep who were supposed to be bait. They fell for it, and they came to the barn, to find out we were nowhere in sight. That was exactly what i planned."

The ponies all a "wow." expression on their faces. Snowball later explained how he led the charge of all the animals. "I was about to charge at Jones. He saw me coming at him, raised his gun and fired. The pellets gave me bloody streaks on my back. However, that didn't stop me, I got back up, and brought Jones into a pile of dung. But the most terrifying spectacle for the humans, was Boxer. He stomped on a human's foot, making him scream in agony, and then hit him in the head with his hoof, making the human unconscious. Panic overtook the humans, and they were running round an round the round. We chased them, and they retreated back to the main road."

Rainbow dash flew up and flew right next to Snowball, saying "That's cool Snowball, you're like me, tough, fearless, and brave." Rainbow then gave him a gentle punch on his leg with proudness.

"Thanks Rainbow Dash." replied Snowball. "so, all of the men were gone, except the man who laid unconscious. Boxer looked over the man, saying: 'He is dead. i had no intention of doing that. I forgot that i was wearing iron shoes. Who will believe that i did not do this on purpose?' He showed sympathy for the human. I tried to cheer him up saying 'No sentimentality, Comrade. War is war, the only good human being is a dead one.' Boxer was still guilt stricken, saying 'i have no wish to take life, not even human life.' His eyes were full of tears I told Boxer saying, that he was alright. So the human regained consciousness, in fact he was only 'stunned'. he saw us, and then ran out of the farm. Boxer was so relieved that he didn't kill him. Mollie said that Boxer was so brave, in fact he was the bravest of us all, he was an animal hero first class. Boxer said that, their was no one braver than Snowball."

The Ponies cheered for Snowball for his bravery, and chanted his name. He said that after the battle, he continued to help the animals, and soon came up with a new plan.

"It was a windmill" said Snowball. "It would generate electricity. It would light the stalls and warm them in winter, generate hot and cold water, and power an electric heater. It would also run a circular saw, a corn chaff cutter, a mangel slicer which is a type of root, and an electric milking machine. The animals never even heard of this kind of technology before, because our farm was still trying to modernize."

"I have a question, Snowball." said Spike

"Yes, Spike? What do you want to ask me?" said Snowball

"You realize that building one is hard work, right?" said the baby dragon

"He's right, Snowball. I mean that it is a good idea, but how would you make all of your ideas work?" added Fluttershy

"You're right. I didn't deny that actually building a windmill would be a difficult thing to do for us. Stones would have to be quarried and built up into walls, and there would be a huge need for dynamos and cables for running the heater, the milking think, etc. How these items were to be procured I told the other animals that 'I didn't know, I'm working on what we should do.' but I maintain it could all be done in a year, and i declared that so much labor would be saved, that we would only have to work three days a week."

The ponies, Spike and Zecora were all impressed with Snowball's plans, and they thought that he was an excellent pig, but some of them started to question him about whether the windmill would work or not.

Celestia then said to Snowball "Are you sure that the windmill would do all of that, like you imagined?"

Snowball then said to her "To be honest, Princess, I really didn't know. I just wanted to help the other animals have better lives. I don't want you to think i was a bad leader."

"Oh no no! I didn't say that." said Princess Celestia softly. "I think you have a very good heart."

"I agree. it shows that you care for the animals." Said Pipsqueak.

"Everyone else shouted in agreement, trying to reassure Snowball

"I am flattered by all of you, but there was a problem. This might confuse you all, but i will tell you about it anyway" He got the thought of Napoleon opposing it. "Napoleon opposed it, and said that it was a waste of our labor. He argues that the great need of our farm was to Increase food production and he said that if we wasted time building the windmill, we would all starve to death."

Snowball paused and then looked around the ponies and saying "Did i confuse you all?" All of the ponies said no, and with Rarity saying "I think you have more good ideas than Napoleon did."

Snowball thanked her and continued on by saying "Other than the windmill, there was a huge question on how we should all defend ourselves. It has been realized that Jones and his cronies may have been defeated in the battle of the cowshed, the humans would make a more smart attempt to recapture the farm and Give the farm back to Mr Jones. Sadly as of usual, Me and Napoleon were in disagreement. According to Napoleon, what all of the animals must do was to obtain guns, and cannons and train ourselves in the use of them. According to me, we must send out more and more Pigeons and stir up rebellion among the animals on the other farms. Napoleon argued that if we couldn't defend ourselves we would be conquered by humans, and i argued that if Rebellions happened everywhere then we would have no need to defend ourselves." Some of the animals were on his side, some of them were on mine. It took a little while for them to think, but all the animals voted for me, and in favor of the windmill. But, just at this moment, Napoleon later walked on my plans, and urinated on them, which means peed on them."

Every-pony gave out a loud "EEEEWWWWW!" Snowball later told the animals that Napoleon casted a side-long look him, and Napoleon uttered a high pitched whimper of a kind no one had heard him utter before. At this, that there was a terrible "baying" sound outside, and 9 large dogs with brass studded collars they dashed at Snowball with snapping jaws. He escaped, and they chased him out of the farm, and was seen no more.

"Whaaaat?!?" every-pony said in shock.

"Why did they chase you out?" said Fluttershy unnerved and a little angry.

"Napoleon wanted me out, so he can have control for himself." Replied Snowball

everyone became unnerved and angry all at once, and shouted one at a time "This is an outrage!"

Princess Celestia came up, and said sorrowfully "I am so sorry that happened to you,"

Snowball said, "well that's pretty much what happened in my side of story, but i hope i didn't bore everyone stiff. did i?"

One at a time, every-pony said a "No" and "Of course not."

Jessie stepped up, and said "i will tell you my side of the story" and took Snowball's place.

Author's Note:

I Know, some of these quotes are from the book, But i am not stealing ideas, I promise. I know a lot about copyrights, so i am going to disclaim this to the company that created this amazing book. :)