• Published 20th Dec 2013
  • 1,297 Views, 20 Comments

Friendship: a new type of animalism. - MetalBrony823



This story takes place in the 1999 version of Animal Farm by George Orwell. Jessie the dog, and the Animals left the farm to get away from The Evil pig Napoleon, and they reunite with Snowball the rightful leader of the farm.

  • ...
20
 20
 1,297

Old Comrades, New Enemies

Another three days have passed since the school talent show, and everypony and everything was as peaceful as it should be in Equestria. Of course, the animals really wanted to go back to their homeworld still. Celestia and Luna tried everything they can to create a portal, and it required patience for the animals before anything could actually happen. It is not even easy for two powerful princess' to try and look for and or create a portal to another world.

Meanwhile, in Fluttershy's cottage, Snowball was thinking about that human family that he lived with ever since Napoleon exiled him out of Animal Farm with his animal guard. He wondered if they were all pushing through without him with him now.

He decided not to be so worrisome, Celestia and Luna did help Equestria with a lot of problems, like Twilight and her friends told him and his other animal comrades. She was taller than any other pony in Equestria and she has the power to lift the sun when the morning comes and set it when the night falls. And Luna, although shorter than her sister, is almost as equally powerful as her, and has the power to lift the moon in the night and lower it for the dusk to come the next day. Snowball did trust Celestia and Luna, and so did Jessie, Benjamin, and the others. Other than that, Snowball had some plans that he wouldn't stop thinking about and wanted to put them in to reality from his head. He was playing a little game of mahjong with several of Fluttershy's critter friends, including his new pig comrades. He wasn't exactly good as the others, for Mahjong was of courae, a "human" invention, and he did not have fingers like man has so that it would be easier for him to play.

"Oh, you win again." Snowball exclaimed playfully The animal he was referring to was Angel Bunny. Turns out, he was know as a mahjong champion and beaten everyone in every match. The spoiled rabbit posed all haughty like in his victory.

"Oh it happens every time this comes up." Said a goat named Sue. "Angel thinks he is a god of mahjong, but I think he is wrong."

"Oh come on, Sue." Angel said boastfully. "I won fair and square. You know what they say in these kind of games: read it and weep."

"I am pretty sure that is a different type of game yoy are referring to." Ryan the raccoon corrected

"Oh big whoop." Angel said, ignoring the remark with his eyes rolled and arms crossed.

"I bet Snowball could be you easilly." Said Runt.

"Yeah, he will show you." Porky added

"Now kids, let's not jump to conclusions." Said Izzy.

"No no." Snowball said to her. I have a feeling that Angel's luck will not last forever."

"Oh yeah? we will see about that."

"Is that a challenge? Because I accept." Snowball declared. Everyone cheered him on as he was going all out on the spoiled rabbit in the game. The opposite players looked one another, and then there cards Angel still had his confidence with him, until Snowball pulled out a card that lowered his spirit into complete shock and horror. Angel could hardly believe what just happened. For the first time ever, Angel lost a game of Mahjong. He could hardly believe how this happened, and how humiliating it felt for him.

Meanwhile, Snowball smiled at his victory. Every animal, minus Angel of course, cheered for him about his victory.

"Quite a game this has been." Moses cackled while sitting on a perch above in the cottage. "Very well done, Snowball."

Snowball smiled. "I would just call it luck."

"Pfft, in my taste there's no such thing as luck." Angel retorted.

"Well, Angel, looks like you will have to clean all this up since you lost." Said Harry.

The little rabbit gave a small growl and put the Mahjong set away since he was the loser like Harry pointed out. When everyone continued back to their normal lives, the front door suddenly opened. It was Fluttershy, who just came back home after her little errand. She was running shirt on animal feed again since she has a lot of companions, well, some ponies would call them pets, but Fluttershy, her friends, and others would call the critters her companions.

"Hello, I'm home." Fluttershy sang.

All the animals were really happy to see her as usual. "Oh, Fluttershy, you should have of seen our game of mahjong." Said Harry

"What about it?" Fluttershy asked curiously

"Snowball beat the game and Angel."

Fluttershy's eyes went wide a little with surprise. "That's exciting." She said. Angel just gave out a little huff and nodded his head in disbelief. "Oh he proud and cheerful, Angel. Show some good sportsmanship." She said to him

Angel didn't really say anything to her but rolled his eyes on annoyance and hopped to his little bed to take a nap to get that out of his head.

"Well, congratulations for winning, Snowball. He is a world champion when it comes to mahjong." Fluttershy congratulated.

"Thank you, Fluttershy." Snowball replied. "Did you find the right items you needed on your little trip to the market?"

"Oh yes. I got everything I new for my critter friends."

"Good."

Fluttershy went into the kitchen and opened her cupboards to store the food in for dinner to come for tonight. "Would you like to help me prepare the animals' with their dinner tonight?" Fluttershy politely offered to him

"Of course I would. Alays a pleasure to help other animals besides me." Snowball replied kindly. Then, he had a thought. Before he was exiled by Napoleon's mutts, he remembered the windmill he tried to create for the animals to work less and relax more from overworking. Unlike Napoleon's definition of the windmill, Snowball wanted to create an electric milking machine for the cows and goats, and the circular saw for wood. Since he never got the chance to fulfill his plan that sounded benificial to all the animals, he wondered if something like that could happen in Equestria.

Not only that, but was thinking of other ways to make work easier for Twilight, Fluttershy, and his new friends right here in Equestria. He then thoug hr if his new friends were happy just the way they were with their normal lives with their random, normal tasks. He realized that he shouldn't jump to conclusions, and be rational and not get carried away with his creative thinking.

"Snowball, are you alright?" Fluttershy asked, snapping the pig out of his trip in lala land.

"What what?" Snowball nodded his head rapidly and looked around the cottage to see what was happening. "Oh, I am fine, Fluttershy. I... i was just thinking about something that has just to to my head."

"Oh? What were you thinking about?" Fluttershy asked curiously.

"It is rather silly, but I might as well tell you anyway. You remember when I was narrating to you and all my new friends in the barn abut my 'windmill' idea?"

"Yes. Why do you ask?"

"Well, i always wanted to improve the animals lives and I told you that the windmill was a plan to do that. It was nothing like Napoleon's type of windmill. Mine of course would have an electric milking machine, and would supply the farm with electrical power."

"You did mention that when you told us about it."

"Right, so I was just thinking if I should build a windmill for Sweet Apple Acres for Applejack, Big Macintosh, Granny Smith, or Applebloom to save some work for all of them so they would be more happy. However.... i also thought if I should build a few sheds or storage for you and everyone else in or around Ponyville. I also thought that everyone is happy the way they are and that I shouldn't be too fast with these ideas, because I worry they might fall into disaster someday."

"Oh I see. I understand you have good intentions." Fluttershy said warmly. "It is still good to see you trying to help all animals in need, and ponies of course."

"I do. I just want to help." Snowball remarked. It was silent again before he asked "Do you really think that princess Celestia and princess Luna will be able to a path to get me and the other animals back to our home?"

Fluttershy thought of what Snowball asked her, and she replied "I am pretty sure she will. Just have faith in them, then they'll get something that can help you all out."

"Very well. The humans that i live with now are a very strong one, and I am pretty sure they are alright without me. Jessie and the others would love them too once they meet them."

"Well don't worry, Snowball. You'll see them again. I know you will." Fluttershy said, cheering the pig up.

Fluttershy and her kindness was as a great tool of reassurance. If she says that, it must be the truth. "Thank you for your concern."

Fluttershy smiled back to him. Then she just remembered something. "Oh i almost forgot." She said
"Applejack is trying to build a new storage for her farm. She could use a helping hoof with that."

"Storage for what exactly?" Snowball asked

"Her food and tools for herself her animals, and her family. She kind of ran out of space a little, so that's why she decided to try and build it."

"Does she also have a windmill?"

"Weelll, no, but she's alright with it." Fluttershy replied.

"Oh. I understand, sorry about that question." Snowball said.

"No it's alright." Fluttershy replied. Then a knock on the door was heard. Fluttershy answered it, and there was Twilight, and her assisstant/little brother. "Hello Twilight."

"Hello, Fluttershy. So sorry to interrupt on what you were doing, but I was just wondering if Snowball would like to visit my library." Said Twilight

"Oh no it's alright, Twilight." The yellow pegasus replied. She looked at Snowball, about to offer him WHT Twilight offered.

"Sure, I guess I could visit you, princess." Snowball replied.

"Wonderful."

"But I have a question though, what does she want?"

"Oh nothing in particular, just offering you a nice visit to our home." Twilight answered politely.

"Oh, very well. I was just curious that's all. I would be delighted to come princess."

"Oh thank you, but you can just call me Twilight."

Before he went out the door, he asked Fluttershy "is there anything you would like me to do before I go with Twilight and Spike?"

"No thank you."

"Very well." Then thearge, pink, half-floppy-eared pig went with the newest dragon and her little dragon friendd.

"So how are you, Snowball?" Twilight asked, trying to get a conversation going on.

"Oh feeling dandy as usual. I was also thinking."

"Good. What were you thinking about?"

"Well, i was wondering if Celestia and Luna would find a portal back to our homeworld somehow. Fluttershy told me not to worry since Celestia and Luna are powerful goddesses."

"Well, they are not goddesses, but they are powerful." Spike pointed out

"True. Also, I was thinking about my windmill plan and whether I should build one or not. However, I reined that I shouldn't Be too hasty about it, and think about it."

"That's good." Said Twilight. "You know, I heard about the day you were a substitute teacher for Cheerilee the other day. She said you did a pretty great job with the children."

"Oh thank you, Twilight." Said a flattered Snowball. "The children were absolutely wonderful. Well... except for.Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon." He admitted

"Oh don't worry about them. They are just spoiled fillies that think high and mighty of themselves." Twilight stated

"I know that. Now, Snowball had a few questions of his own now, but to Spike. "Say, Spike. I wonder, tales of dragons are pretty common in my world, but they are just mythology and fairy tails. What are dragons like in Equestria?"

"Well, what would you like to know?" Spike asked

"Everything." Snowball stated.

Twilight rolled her eyes in irritation. "Here we go again" she thought with a smirk. It was indeed like the day she met Fluttershy when she moved to Ponyville. However, she was quite used to it, since Snowball seemed like a really smart boar, well, a smarter type of boar that is.

***

It was quiet easy ever in the library, of course that's how libraries are supposed to be and work. Owlicious was resting on a bookshelf while Muriel the old saneen goat was reading one of Twilight's books.

Snowball couldn't remember the time he victims the library, but realized he didn't. It was quite a scholar's paradise, scholar's such as Twilight of course. Snowball could hardly describe how many books there were in a correct number.

"This is quite a library, Twilight." He said

"Thanks. I do read alot, especially since I am a princess."

"Ah, Snowball, hello." Muriel said.

"Hello, Muriel. Reading anything of any interest somehow?"

"Oh yes, the city of Griffonstone and it's idol of Boreas."

"Griffonstone?" Snowball asked

"Oh I forgot to tell you, didn't we? You see we also have griffons on Equestria too." Twilight stated.

"Griffons" snowball said in both surprise and astonishment. "I have indeed of heard griffons in my home world, but I never would have believe that they would be real. Like dragons, griffons were all just a fairy tale of Greek Mythology."

"Greek mythology?" Asked Twilight, not knowing that Greece or it's culture is.

"It's a rather long explanation." Said Snowball. "But... What are these griffons like? Are they dangerous? Do they eat other ponies?" He sounded like a curious college student trying to understand an explanation his teacher gives him.

"No no no, they are not dangerous. And they definitely do not eat ponies." She giggled a little but remembered a certain griffon she encountered. "Well.... There was a mean, female griffon named Gilda, who was a bully and used to be a close friend of Rainbow Dash. She doesn't eat us, but she's a little.... Insecure."

"But all other griffons are comrades?" Snowball asked

"Well now, Griffonstone, like Muriel said the name, is going through a real problem, the Idol of Boreas was the most treasured thing for the city, and it was taken by a goat minotaur, with at, the griffons in the city became grumpy and mean. However, thanks to Rainbow and Pinkie, they met Gilda, change her ways, and she was in charge of making life in Griffonstone easier without the idol."

It was rather fascinating for Snowball hearing such am intriguing yet tragic tale. "Equestria does seem to have quite an impressive history."

"That it does."

Owlicious then sprang off his perch and hooed at Snowball.

"Hello, Owlicious. How might you be doing today?" Snowball asked him.

"Oh just dandy." The owl replied on a regal voice that sounded a little elderly. "I say, I heard about the talent show Spike was in, and wasn't he tremendous?"

"He was." Snowball replied. He decided to go get a book and see what he can find to keep him entertained. He saw a green book of Celestia and Luna's campaign against King Sombra in the northern hills of the Crystal Empire. The unicorn reminded Snowball of Napoleon, who also had a heart as black as night like Sombra did when he was alive.


In the caverns in a plain many miles from Ponyville stood a cavern filled with gems and catacombs with pick axes and mining wagons. The lair of the Diamond Dogs. With the three leaders, Rover, Fido, and Spot, watching their servants digging and pulling wagons for any colorful gems they can find.

"Oh, we are going to be rich." Spot said excitedly.

"I can almost smell being rich already." Rover added with his eyes looking like dollar bill signs.

"We will become an unstoppable force of kings, and no one will stand on our path." Fido added evilly.

"I think I can arrange that for you already." Said a tough low voice. The dogs turned around and looked cautiously at what they saw was a number of glowing eyes in a dark cave.

"Who are you?! I demand you answer me!" Rover exclaimed

"Tut tut." The voice added. "We understand you want to be rich." A snap was heard that sounded like a finger snap. "Pincher!" The voice barked. A Rottweiler came out of the shadows and pulled out a large, heavy chunk of good to the three diamond dogs.

"If you can help us with something, a personal favor to be exact, then this wwill all be yours." Said another voice that sounded a little higher than the other voice.

The leader seemed suspicious and said "hmph, it's going to take a lot more than gold to convince us."

"We figured you would say that." Said the deep voice. A few more dogs came out with large bags filled with colorful, shiny gems.

"Oh, the pretty gems." Said Fido.

"It is a diamond dogs best friend." Spot added

"Very well. What do you want us to do?" Rover said, compromising to whatever plan these Strangers were planning to do.

The two figures smiled evilly and knew that they would get help with bribery. "Come with us, we'll talk with you then." Said the higher voice.