• Published 20th Dec 2013
  • 1,297 Views, 20 Comments

Friendship: a new type of animalism. - MetalBrony823



This story takes place in the 1999 version of Animal Farm by George Orwell. Jessie the dog, and the Animals left the farm to get away from The Evil pig Napoleon, and they reunite with Snowball the rightful leader of the farm.

  • ...
20
 20
 1,297

School Talent Show

Babe the calf was now at Pip's house with him and Spook, both done with their little hide and seek game. Right now, Pip and Spook were trying to convince Pip's family for the orphan calf to stay with them and live a new happy life together as a cow and group of ponies living as one.

The calf didn't really like to talk about elf hat happened to his parents, but he had to explain something to them, and Pip's family seems like a very kind and understanding type, and a very friendly type as well.

Babe decided to just reluctantly tell the other family members about his.... unlucky event with his mother and father. He took a breath and he explained "they bother got..... devoured by timber wolves." The family was quite shocked to hear that. "I just live alone in the forest, and no one wants me." He continued. By the sound of it, it was no soft-story like a little street rat would do in the streets, and the same thing for the cakf's eyes as well.

"You poor kid." Said Braveheart in a sympathetic voice.

"Yeah, we're sorry to hear that, kid." Rocky added.

"I had no idea that you have been through so much lately." Cassandra added with even more sympathy. Buzz the golden retriever rubbed himself against the calf for comfort, letting out small laughs from the fur tickling him.

"Can I.... stay with you." Babe asked innocently.

Cassandra Smiled warmly. Of course she would have no problem thanks to strong maternal instincts within her from being the mother of Pip and Ricky. "Of course you can stay with us." She finally answered to him.

The calf began to smile and was very touched by her kindness.

"Yeah, half-pint." Ricky added playfully while rubbing the calf's head very gently like a brother would do. "I am perfectly alright with that."

"We'ed love make sure that you will never be alone. We'ed love see what we can do." Said Braveheart.

Buzz then barked happily while wagging his tail. Now the calf was even more touched by their kindness. He was so glad that Spook and Pip found him in the woods. He also felt sorry for the bull when he thought that he was his own son, and felt that it was his fault for.... getting his hopes up.

"You.... you all really mean that?" Babe said.

The other family nodded a yes fo him in response. Now, the calf had no idea what to say now. He ran up to Cassandra and gave her a big hug as a thank you gift. The mother smiled and hugged him back, and the other family members joined in. Pip and Spook smiled as they saw that they all liked Babe already.

"They like him." Pip said, quietly whispering to his large friend without his family or Babe hearing him.

"Indeed." Was all Spook replied to him in response. "Hopefully, he will have a good home hear with no dangers like timber wolves or bears."

"Yeah. And I can have a new playmate and brother to play with if Ricky is not hear with us."

"I didn't even think they would even try to except him." Spook remarked.

"Why would you say that?"

"Well, you have quite a number of members in this family." Spook answered

"Oh poppycock." Pip shrugged. "Just because we have quite a big family doesn't mean we will not be accepting anymore like Babe."

The bull smiled at his statement. "Well, come along then, lad. Your mother told me that she was going to make us lunch later. The bull, with Pip following him walked in front of the family with smiles. "Well, Babe. I hope that you will like living here." Spook remarked.

"I think I will." The calf said, becoming certain that he will live a happy, better life without any problems at all. "So, what are we having for dinner?" Babe asked

"What would you like, sweetie?" Asked Cassandra.

"Do you have any... Alfalfa grass that I can munch on?"

"Why we do."

"Can I have that as a sandwich?" Babe asked with a smile.

"Of course." Cassandra went to fetch him his request in the kitchen.

"Say, Babe. I wants to ask you." Pip said to him. "I am performing at the talent show at my school tonight, and I was wondering if you would like to come."

"I would love to." Babe said excitedly.

"Brilliant. I promise you will like the so that I am about to sing tonight."

"Yeah, Pip here is an excellent singer." Said Ricky. I heard him myself, and he sounds really great." He playfully rubbed his little brother's head.

"I concur. You should hear him when you get the chance tonight." Braveheart added.

"Did I hear someone say talent show?" Said a raspy, squawky voice from outside. Spook went to see who that was, and opened the door to find Moses the raven on a window cil.

"Oh, Moses." It's just you." Said Spook

"Am interrupting something important?" Moses cackled

"No no no. We were just taking In This poor calf who lost his parents to timber wolves." Spook answered. Babe went outside and looked to see who the bull was talking too. When he looked at Moses, he became a little frightened and looked a little scared by his appearance.

"Oh, is this the calf you were talking about?" Said Moses.

Spook looked back and saw Babe directly behind him "yes, he is." Spook replied to the raven. "Babe, this is Moses, a friend of mine. Moses, this is Babe."

"Babe, hmm?" Moses flew up to him and looked at the child "hmmmmm, hmmmm, quite a furry calf you are, and a rather strong one as well." Moses squawked.

"Ummmm thank you." Babe said a little awkwardly.

The Raven flew on the calf's back and was careful not to let his talons hurt the kid.

"So what might you be doing here, moses?" Asked Spook

"Just flying around and looking to see if there is anything of any interest for me to see in this world." The Raven answered, tilting his head multiple times lime any other bird would do.

"Have you seen anything exciting yet?" Pip asked curiously.

"Well, not yet. But I am pretty sure that I will eventually. Also, I am here so that I can just say hello to you, and check up on the rest of our comrades." Said Moses.

"I can assure you that we are all doing just fine, Moses."

"Right, but I still want to know more about this talent show that just came into my ear holes." Moses remembered.

"Oh, my school is having a talent show tonight and I am one of the performers." Pip answered to him. "If yoy would like, yoy can come see it."

"Tis good to hear, I would definitely love to see a little entertainment from schoolchildren, looking at what their talents are." the raven flew off of Babe's back "Well, i am off, and I'played see you at the talent show tonight." Then he flew away into the horizon.


It was the evening and the talent at the school was just about to begin. Cheerilee, the teacher, went up to the mic and announced "hello everypony, and welcome to Our annual student talent show." Everyone cheered on, and so did the animal friends Wichita included: Snowball, Jessie, Benjamin, Spook, Muriel, Molly, Paul, amd all the other surviving animals. Moses was sitting on a tree to get a better view than being on the ground and not bother anyone in the audience. "Now, First off today, we have Snips and Snails performing eyes another magic trick by performing pull the magic hankee out of the mouth trick." Cheerilee added.

The audience was a little grossed out, but still impressed. The two colts came out in front of the audience and Snips used the magic from his horn to pull out a hankee out of his best friend's mouth, and it just kept on bringing out hankees with many different colors. It took exactly twenty seconds and the hanker was already out.

"Ta da!" The two colts exclaimed with enthusiasm. The audience cheered at them for their performance. The two bowed their heads and the curtain closed as the audience were still applauding to them.

"Alright, now, next we have Rumble and Featherweight Performing A Special Flying performance. The curtain opened again, and it revealed the two pegasus colts, looking at the audience. They slowly levitate from their wings and performed many spectacular tricks in the air, almost like a couple of Wonderbolts in the academy right in the clouds. The audience looked at this wonderful performance in awe.

After it was over another applause was heard, and this time it was even louder than the last performance just had.

"That was absolutely marvelous!" Snowball exclaimed.

"Very astounding." said Jessie.

"In all my years, i have never seen anything quite this magical." Paul added.

"Wow, astonishing." said Cheerilee as the curtain closed after the two pegasus colts bowed to the audience. "And now, The cutie Mark Crusaders by performing a heavy metal song for us."

Everyone applauded, well.... except for Rarity, of course Rock n Roll was not her forte, but she did tolerate it more or less. Not to mention that her little sister, Sweetie Belle would perform it with her best friends. The curtain opened and it revealed Sweetie and her Friends dressed up in their makeup and show stopper outfits, and Spike was with them with his guitar and a leather jacket to fit the mood

A hush flew over the crowd as the song was beginning to play. The lights began to fade into black, and then started strobbing around the area. The song started off in a quieter tone but then became louder in the chorus. During the solo, Spike was shredding on his guitar, making Twilight and rarity proud at him. The audience was really digging at their performance and applaud for Spike as he was done with his solo. After they finished with their song, the audience was even louder than ever.

Even the animals were impressed by this, even they didn't actually know what Heavy Metal was.

"That was quite astonishing." Said Snowball. "But what I do not understand was that everyone was banging their heads like they were being possessed by a demonic spirit, or trying to headbutt someone in their heads."

"I concur. That was a rather.... unusual behavior that we just witnessed." Said Jessie

"Hmph, must be a pony tradition type of activity." Benjamin predicted

Rainbow Dash laughed and said "no, it's just a little dance called 'headbanging' it is supposed to be like a little dance to that awesome music. It's a heavy metal thing."

"As long as you don't bang to hard, you'll be fine." Fluttershy added. Now the animals completely understood what this little dance was and saw the children bowing to the audience before closing the curtain.

"That was an amazing performance." Said Cheerilee in her usual perky spirit. "Finally, we have Pipsqueak performing a rock song as well, with Spike as the guitarist again." Everyone cheered on and Cheerilee went off the stage once more.

Pip looked a little nervous, but Spook winked at him good luck and he became less stressed with his little stage fright. He used his hoof to tell Spike that he's ready. Spike played the intro and the song sounded a little less heavy but still a good sound. When Pip sang, he became more and more confident in himself, knowing that he can go through with this.

After the second verse of the chorus, Spike was shredding at his solo again, and this time, it had more hammer-ons than the last song he just played with the crusaders. After the solo, Pip sang the chorus one more time before playing out the song. Everypony cheered and the boys bowed to the audience,

"Wow! That was such good singing and a good rhythm, too." Said Cheerilee in amazement. "Alright, now it's time for the awards. The musical act, dramatic act, and comedy act. The four groups formed on the stage and waited for which awards they might or might not get. "Now, the award for best Dramatic act goes to.... Rumble and Featherweight for their amazing performance on the air."

Everyone cheered at their names as both boys got their medals. They both smiled with joy and excitement.

"Next, the best comedy act goes to... Snips and Snails." Cheerilee continued. Everyone cheered again. "Finally, for the best musical act goes tooooooo.... Pipsqueak!" Now everyone was cheering even louder than ever

Pip smiled and he got the medal for his performance. However, he saw the girls, a d worried that they might be all jealous of him that he won the medal and they didn't. He walked up to the three and decided to talk to them.

"Congratulations, Pip." Said Applebloom.

"Thanks." The colt replied. "You're not mad a me, are you?"

"Of course not. Why would we be mad?" Asked Sweetie Belle.

"Well, I noticed that you didn't win the medal and, I was worried that you might be jealous of me." Pip answered

"Ah no, buddy." Said Scootaloo. "It's just a dumb old medal. What we really want is our Cutie Marks more than anything else in this world."

Pip smiled. "Thanks, guys." He said

"You're welcome, Pip." The girls replied to him in unison. They all exited the stage and everyone, minus the pony gang, and the animals. They all walked up to the children to congratulate them.

"Children, you were remarkable." Said Snowball.

"Really talented. Really amazing." Said Paul.

"You were all really talented." Said Molly.

"Thanks." Said the children.

"And Spikey-poo, you were really adorable up there with your guitar playing and leather jacket." Said a rarity, giving him a kiss. The baby dragon blushed and smirked.

Moses flew off the branch and flew on Spook's back. "I am so glad I have came to see this performance." He squawked.

"Alright, well, we all might as well go home." Said Applejack. She yawned and added "I am worn out, and I really need to hit the straw."

"We all do." Spook said jokingly. Everyone laughed, told eachother goodnight, and they all went back home in the evening sky