• Published 20th Dec 2013
  • 1,297 Views, 20 Comments

Friendship: a new type of animalism. - MetalBrony823



This story takes place in the 1999 version of Animal Farm by George Orwell. Jessie the dog, and the Animals left the farm to get away from The Evil pig Napoleon, and they reunite with Snowball the rightful leader of the farm.

  • ...
20
 20
 1,297

Muriel/Twilight Sparkle/Spike

"So this is how Equestria's history was even created." Said Muriel, who was downstairs in the "Golden Oaks Library"

Twilight Sparkle came downstairs and replied "Yep, this is how all of Equestria was even created."

Muriel smiled and said "It's good that i can read and write perfectly as the pigs could back in that hell hole."

Twilight thought of Napoleon and Squealer, and it made her blood boil. She tried her best not to scare Muriel, but she thought of Snowball and Old Major, who viewed Twilight as a positive light in her head. She knew that Snowball and Old Major just want to what's right for the animals. "Hey, Muriel" said Twilight in an unexpected curiosity.

"Yes, Twilight?" Said Muriel.

Just then Spike came up to them and said "What are you talking about?"

Twilight replied softly by saying "Oh, Spike. I was just asking Muriel how the committees were at Animal Farm." Spike lept up on Twilight's back with a big smile on his face, waiting to hear what the committees were.

"Well, There were two main ones: 'The Wild Comrades education committee, and the 'Reading and Writing classes'. We were trying to tell the wild animals back at Manor farm that all animals are Comrades, but it was a great failure. The wild animals behaved as they were before. They still kept away from us, and whenever was gave hospitality by any of us took advantage of it. One day, the cat went on to the roof of the barn, and talked with some sparrows, she said that all animals are friends from now own, she even extended her paw to show kindness, but the sparrows kept their distance."

Twilight felt remorse for both the wild, and farm animals. "Oh, Muriel i'm so sorry it hadn't worked out." Said Twilight.

"Yeah, sorry Muriel. I guess no plan is perfect. No offense." Added Spike

Muriel nuzzled his head and said "It's alright Spike. I Know you wouldn't mean to offend anyone, You are such a sweet dragon who wouldn't dream of hurting anyone's feelings."

Spike blushed and replied "Aw, Thanks Muriel." Muriel than gave Spike a hug, which he lept back down from Twilight's back. Twilight D'awed at the sight.

"The 'reading and writing classes' hovever, were a great success to all of us. Snowball taught us the letters of the alphabet. I already knew all of the letters, but i couldn't put them in words. The pigs already knew how to read and write perfectly. Clover was the same as me. Boxer on the other hand, couldn't get beyond the letter 'D'. He would be like 'A, B, C, D' then he would paw his gigantic hoof on the ground trying so hard to remember want the next letters were. He did learn 'E, F, G, H' but he already forgotten what the previous letters were. So Boxer decided to stick with the first four letters. Benjamin could read as well as any other pig or human could, but never wanted to excersice what he knows. if asked why he would say 'There is nothing worth reading'. Mollie refused to read any letter except for the ones that spelled her own name. Mollie would spell her name on grass with rocks spelling it. Mollie would prance in circles around it, and decorated it with a flower or two. The other animals could never get beyond the letter 'A'."

Twilight and Spike felt remorse about the animals not being as intelligent as much as Snowball, Muriel, Clover, and Benjamin. "No offense Muriel, but it kind of sounds like a failure too." said Twilight Sparkle.

"I agree. they didn't work so well either." replied Muriel

Twilight then said "Would you like to read this? it is about my inspiration for being interested in magic. His name is 'Star Swirl the bearded'. Here's another book about 'Nightmare Moon'. This one might make you a little scared, but i promise she is good now. You can read these two books if you want. It is very interesting i promise you that."

Muriel looked at them and replied "I would love to." After that Muriel started reading "The history of Star Swirled the Bearded first.

3 hours passed and it was already 7:00pm. Muriel was very well intrigued with the two books that Twilight gave her.

"What do you think, Muriel?" said Twilight as she came downstairs with Spike following her.

"This is very intriguing!" Exclaimed Muriel "Who knew that Princess Luna was 'Nightmare Moon'? I don't think she is evil at all."

Twilight chuckled and replied "Glad you liked it Muriel."

Spike thought of Fluttershy, and was worrying that Fluttershy would have forgotten all about the baby dragon. Spike was about to shed a tear, because when Fluttershy met Spike, she thought that he was the most adorable baby dragon she had ever seen. Spike poked her hind-leg gently with his claw and Twilight said "What is it, Spike?"

Spike was a little nervous but he said timidly. "Can i go play in the snow outside?"

Twilight gave him a warm smile and said "Of course, Spike. Don't forget to wear a sweater."

Spike groaned about the sweater comment and said reluctantly 'Alright i will wear the sweater."

Twilight gave Spike a warm kiss on the forehead, and Spike went outside to play in the snow. Muriel thought something was wrong, because Spike didn't look happy. "Can i go check on him, Twilight? because i saw a sad look on the baby dragon's face." Said Muriel with her voice a little hoarse.

Twilight was a little concerned also but she replied by saying, "Sure, but i want to come to because Spike is like a little brother to me." Muriel nodded in a confirmatory way and they both went outside and saw the winter sunset.

Spike walked all the way to an alley. it was only about a mile from Twilight's house, Spike sat on the cold snowy ground, and thought about Fluttershy again. "Why doesn't Fluttershy love me anymore?" said Spike "I thought Fluttershy would be very interested in me since the first met, but she has been ignoring me. I just want her to love me. She is like the Heaven in my Hell. Of course, Twilight is like that, but Fluttershy is someone really special to me. i just wish that we can spend time together to tell her how i fell about her. She is like a second mother to me. Why is life so unfair?" Spike began to shed a couple of tears. He broke down into a song that appeals to how he feels

and thought that he was the bane of Fluttershy's existence. Muriel and Twilight went out looking for Spike and they were expecting Spike to be near the building, but a few minutes later, they found him in an alley way, shedding a few tears while they fall and spread in the snow. Twilight was now really worried.

Without Spike knowing, Twilight came up to him, put a hoof on his knee, and said in a comforting and motherly voice "What's the matter Spike?"

Spike looked up and noticed the worried look on her face, and lied to her by saying "Nothing, Twilight. I just did...500 Push ups that's all."

Twilight rolled her eyes over in disbelief while Muriel chuckled a little. "Come on, Spike. You can tell me anything." Said Twilight once again in her motherly voice.

Spike gave out a sigh and said "Alright. I am worried that Flutterhsy doesn't love me anymore. And i am worried she thinks i am a waste of space. I just want her to care about me. as she did when she first met me." Spike then buried his head and legs, and sobbed in them. Twilight put her hoof around Spike's small body. "Oh, Spike. Of course Fluttershy loves you. This is all my fault. On the day you two met, i kept her away from you, because i thought Ponyville was an insane asylum. Would you like to stay with her for a while?"

Spike rose his head up in surprise. "I couldn't possibly do that, Twi. What about my work, and sending letters to Princess Celestia for you?"

Twilight put a hoof over his mouth and said "It's okay, Spike. Owlicious can help me. And beside, i have my horn remember?" Spike was still crying. Twilight pulled Spike into a hug "Shhh. It's okay Spike. Please don't cry. I promise Fluttershy still loves you. You can stay at Fluttershy's house for as long as you want."

Spike was crying less now. Muriel joined the tender moment and nuzzled his back. "I only met Fluttershy once, and what i know is that she is a very nice pony." Said Muriel. "I can also help Twilight Sparkle with her work. You deserve a day off."

Twilight released Spike from her hug, and said "I will take you to Fluttershy Tomorrow morning. Okay, Spike?"

Spike was a little better now. Finally he said "Thanks, Twilight." Twilight gave Spike a tender kiss on his forehead and cooed in his ear saying. "I promise she loves you Spike. No matter what happens, she will always love you."

Spike then asked her while wiping his nose with his arm "Would you and Muriel like to play in the snow with me?" Twilight smiled and said. "Sure. Why not?"

Muriel pranced with glee, and they played they were playing tag in the cold weather.