• Published 20th Dec 2013
  • 1,297 Views, 20 Comments

Friendship: a new type of animalism. - MetalBrony823



This story takes place in the 1999 version of Animal Farm by George Orwell. Jessie the dog, and the Animals left the farm to get away from The Evil pig Napoleon, and they reunite with Snowball the rightful leader of the farm.

  • ...
20
 20
 1,297

How Boxer Survived

Moses was still soaring in the sky for any animals that he would know of to come to Sweet Apple Acres immediately. Like Jessie, Benjamin, and Spook, he could hardly believe that Boxer Survived and wasn't turned into bottles of glue for any humans to use.

Down below him was the cottage, and then dived to the ground then did a small landing so he wouldn't have crashed into it. "Fluttershy? Fluttershy?" He cackled for a response.

It was silent for a moment, then Moses annoyingly called her name out again for an answer. He became a little more irritated when no one came to amswer. At least on of her animal friends could answer it for her. Suddebly, the door opened, and their was Fluttershy. "Oh, Moses. Hello. What brings you to my cottage?"

"Is Snowball here?" Moses asked her curiously.

"Oh yes, he is just reading a book outside." Fluttershy replied

"Oh that's great news. Well, i might as well tell ye this: did Snowball tell you about Boxer?"

"Oh yes. It was so sad how he just died like that." In a more angry type of voice, she said "I will never forgive Napoleon and Squealer for what they both did to him! Nor killing those poor pigs and other animals accused of helping Snowball!" Then she realized that her anger was accidentally going out of her system. "Oh, I'm sorry. It's just that Napoleon is a big meanie for executing those four pigs and other animals."

"No need to apologize, Fluttershy" Moses gently croaked. "Just let it all out of our systems."

Fluttershy giggled. "I know, it's just not very polite if I did that."

"Righr, well, Boxer is still alive, and he is here in Equestria." Said Moses.

Fluttershy made a happy gasp of excitement and relief. "Really?" She said in disbelief

"Aye, that he is. I have no idea how he survived that horse hell hole, but he did."

"We better tell Snoball a out this, then." Fluttershy suggested. She, with Moses following behind her, went to the back and looked for him. Finally, he was found reading a novel, Fluttershy said she was doing in his spare time.

"Oi! Snowball!" Moses called.

The white boar looked behind him and their they were. "Oh, Moses, hello. What do you need, my friend?" He said to him

"You might not believe me, but Boxer survived and he is here on Equestria." Moses said

"Boxer?!" Snowball exclaimed with surprise. After he was stunned for a short while, he was suddenly more calm. "I knew he would chose to come back with me." He said

"What? What do you mean by that?" Asked Fluttershy

"Well, I.... I saved him from being turned into glue." Snowball answered flatly.

Snowball was quite shocked to hear that. "You saved him from dying and didn't tell Jessie and the others?"

"Well.... I.... I did wanted to know everyone that he was okay, but.... He said.... He said that he didn't want them to find him. I really hated to do that, but I just did it for Boxer's sake and his safety along with our remaining comrades. "Y... You wouldn't really understand."

"Oh Snowball, I understand." Said Fluttershy. "I am just a little disappointed that you didn't tell everyone about Boxer, because they really miss him."

"I know, I know." Snowball sighed with guilt. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Fluttershy replied softly to him. She smiled, a d then Snowball smiled back to her in response.

"Good, now, Moses, are you going to tell the others of Boxer's return?"

"Aye, I'll do that right now, but do not forget to go to the Sweet Apple Acres far, like Boxer requested."

"Of course."

Moses sprang off in midair, and flew to Twilight's library, where Muriel was temporarily living in. "Well, we should go to Apllejack's now."

"Right."

"Don't worry my animal friends, I won't be gone for long." Fluttershy addressed to all her animal comrades. She and SbowbLl went through the cottage to the front door, and headed to Sweet Apple Acres.


Back at the farm, Benjamin Boxer, and Jessie were having a little conversation with one another in the middle of the orchard.

"So, Boxer, what happened, and.. How did you survive?" Jessie asked him

Boxer sighed and answered "alright, Snowball saved me from the butcher. He saved my life."

"Snowball kept this from us?" Jessie asked him angrily.

"Now now, Jessie. No need to be furious about this." Benjamin said to her. "I am pretty sure that it was probably for the best. I do agree that we wish that Snowball would wish that he was okay. But still"

Jessie wasn't angry anymore and sighed. "You're right, I'm sorry." Then she let him talk again. Of course she, along with Benjamin, wanted to ask Snowball why he didn't at least tell them if Boxer was alright, and why he didn't come with him to join Jessie.

In the distance of the field on front of the entrance gate, not far from the orchard, there were many moving figures coming to the farm. It obviously had to be the other animals, along with Twilight and her closest friends coming to see Boxer. The three walked over to the fence to greet them all.

The animals in front of the entrance could hardly believe what they just saw. Moses was right. It was Boxer, after all.

"Boxer?" Snowball said.

"Hello, Snowball." The Clydesdale replied to him in response.

Amy of the animals ran up to him in happiness, completely glad that he wasn't glue and or horse meat after all.

"Boxer, you're alive!" Muriel exclaimed

Paul flew up to his neck, right on his black mane and hugged him. "Oh how I missed you, Boxer." He said while hugging him as tight as he could.

Next, Spook was the next one to talk to him for the first time in a while. "Welcome back to the family, my old comrade."

"You haven't changed a bit Spook." Boxer said teasingly. They both laughed and nuzzled eachother's necks. Finally, Clover ran up to him and nuzzled her head against his body, with tears streaming in her eyes.

"Boxer. I.... I can't believe you're alive." Clover sobbed. "I thought I would never see you again. Never."

"We are so glad that you are safe." Mollie added, standing behind Clover.

Twilight and the others, were the ones to talk to them now. "Hello, Boxer, my name is Twilight Sparkle. This is Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and-"

"Applejack, yes, we already met." Boxer said with a smile. "It is a pleasure to meet the rest of you though." The other five smiled at him warmly.

"Aren't you forgetting someone, Twilight?" Spike said

Twilight giggled with him in response. "Oh right. This is Spike, a good friend of ours." She added

"Snowball and the others told us all about you, and you are quite an interesting stallion." Fluttershy complimented

"Thank you." Boxer said to e hello pegasus. now he turned his attention back to his old comrades. "I am so happy to see all of you too." Boxer replied to all of them. "Look, why don't we come inside the barn and then I'll tell you how I got lucky."

They all made statements of agreement, and before they could go in, they hears a familiar voice. "not so fast, for i a, not trying to stop you and be all rash." they all looked and their was Zecora, the Zebrican zebra from before.

"ah, Zecora." said Snowball, recognizing her immediately. "what brings you here?"

"i hope i am not any collateral danger, but i believe i am hearing that Boxer has just returned to Equestria right here?" zecora asked.

"oh yes, Zecora." Benjamin replied to her. we thought that he was dead, nut he survived somehow.

"If i say this pardon me, but he looks like an amazing stallion i see." Zecora complimented.

"thNk you." boxer replied to her. "come along now, i might as well tell ylu all my true story about how i was free. They all went to the building to hear what Boxer has to say. They all sat in the same areas where Snowball and Jessie were telling the, a out them and the other animals previous lives in Animal Farm. They were all quite and listens to the large Clydesdale.

"Now, when they took me away to turn me into glue, I was nearly out of luck, when a pink figure came out from above and hit the butcher in his face, knocking him to the ground. You see, Snowball saved me from the knacker." Boxer narrated

Everyone and everypony was surprised and looked at Snowball, both happy that he saved him, but a little upset that he knew and didn't tell them about it.

"Snowball, please come up here." Boxer called out. The white boar did what he asked him to do, and was right next to him. "Can you tell us how you managed to save me?"

Snowball sighed, but he said "after Napoleon exiled me from Animal Farm, I have been living in the far, with the nice human family to help me live. I was far away from it so the dogs wouldn't track me and kill me. Every once in a while, I have been watching the farm for a little while, seeing it slowly turn into an totalitarian area, which was completely against Old Majors teachings. Then, I saw Boxer getting sent to the glue factory on the day that he was being sent. I had to do something, so I secretly followed the death wagon, and decided to break him out to freedom, with stealth.

The others were quite impressed with him now. They couldn't wait to hear more from this true story, and how it would end.

"So, getting in was not easy. I had to take out a security guard with a metal board. I was not easy because it was more used for human hands more than pig hooves. However, I managed to strike the man from the back of the head, leaving him unconscious. I didn't have time to dispose of the body, so I had to save him. Once in, I found Boxer about to be executed, but I charged at the butcher, knocking him got the ground. After he fell, I used his machete to cut his throat deep enough to take care of him. I freed him, and offered him to come with me, and free the others from Napoleon's reign. He refused, because he was worried that the others wouldn't like him anymore. I told him that it wouldn't be true, but he wanted to go out on his own."

"Boxer, is that true?" Asked Jessie

"Yes." Boxer replied sadly. "Of course I wanted to see all of you again, but I just couldn't."

"Why?" Asked Benjamim

"I really devoted to Napoleon and really idolized him." Boxer replied to his best friend.

"On Boxer. It wasn't your fault. Remember what I told you? I was not your fault." Benjamin said to him."

"Yes Boxer, Napoleon and Squealer fooled us all." Jessie added.

"You are our friend. Nothing would ever change that." Spook said

Boxer smiled at them, touched by their kind words.

"So, after I freed Boxer and trying to persuade him to come with me, made himself clear that he wanted to be out alone. I asked him if I can just at least tell them that he was alright, but he said that it would be best if they would just forget about him." Snowball continued

Clover couldn't hold back her tears anymore, and hugged Boxer. "Oh Boxer." She sobbed. She wouldn't let go of him after she started hugging him tightly.

"Why didn't you just tell us he was okay at least Snowball?" Paul asked him

Snowball sighed and replied "I wanted to, but I realized that if I told you, you would all look for him. I just.... Didn't want anything bad to happen to you all for if you search for him. I am so sorry if I didn't tell you about him, but it was... For the best."

The animals were still a little disappointed him but quickly got over the fact tha the lied to the, about Boxer.

"We forgive you Snowball." Said Benjamin

"Yes, we understand Snowball." Jessie added.

"If it was for the best that we should have moved on if he didn't want to come with us, because Napoleon a d Squealer might track him and all of us down." Said Clover, realizing why it had to be this way.

"I am so sorry everyone. Can you forgive me?" Snowball asked

"Yes." They all answered

Snowball s,idled and turned his attention back to Boxer. "Tell me, my old comrade, what made you change your mind?"

"Well, I realized that I belong with all of you. You are my closest friends after all, and my family." Boxer answered.

The animals were really touched by his kind words. They all gathered around and all formed one big group hug around Boxer, including Snowball. After a long moment, they finally let go.

"Welcome back to the family, Boxer." Said Jessie.

"Well, now that you are back with the animals, what would you like to do now, Boxer?" Asked Rainbow Dash curiously.

"Hmmmmm.... I suppose I can settle in Equestria for a little while, until the portal opens for us again." Boxer answered. "Till en, I might as well stay here and make amendments for my old friends again."

"Come on, guys, I think we should give him some space." Said Twilight

"I think you're right." Said Pinkie. "Let's give them some alone time for a while."

They all exited the building and went to their normal everyday tasks and things in life. Boxer was alone with the other animals, and they were silent, but happy to be together again.

"So, comrade, would you like me to show you to our friends a little more when you want to?" Benjamin asked

"Of course. But first, I think we have so much more to talk about, Ben."

"That we do, Boxer, that we do." Boxer and Benjamin walked out out of the barn and were side by side, as best comrades again, where they go, it would be uncertain, for they might be anywhere they want to be.

Author's Note:

Now that Boxer's survival is now understood as he and Snowball told the others about it, he is part of the family again.