• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 10,727 Views, 467 Comments

Frie-n-emy - Guy Balkur



A surviving Spartan from reach and a Sangheili Hereitic are transported to Equstria after overloading the slip space drive on a covenant Super Carrier

  • ...
43
 467
 10,727

Chp 3: Truth and Rehibilitation

//Aboard the Genesis Armory//
//061 hours after the destruction of Reach//


The armory was filled with troopers waiting in line to grab their gear and head to their next rally point. With 1 hour until they exited slip space every second counted. Marine platoons were neatly placed in groups of twenty. ODSTs were filling up their drop pods with the equipment needed. The hangers were being readied for deployment with Pelicans and Long Swords at the ready. As the line for the armory was shorting, two marines were busy talking away the upcoming events. One Marine had the M52B aromor in place, with the helmet at his side. His Short black hair jetted upward in small little spikes, leaving the rest of his face bare of any other stuble. His blue green eyes mleted into cheerfulness as his partner slapped his shoulder. The taller one had the standered BDU in place, but some parts were worn out and damged from plasma rounds. Instead of replacing it, the armor had streks of visible welding and repairs covering the more vital parts. The marine's smile covered most of his naked face, making his eyes shine a brilliant hazel. He stepped forward and began to continue their conversation.

“I heard he abandoned his mission to save himself.”

“I doubt that." Rebultled the shorter Marine. "I got a guy that I know who’s in the ONI division, Mark. He told me a few things about the reports he passed on." He pulled out a pack of cigerates from his chest pocket. The dog tags cuaght against the butt of one loose cigerette, being pulled with the pack to reveal the name and rank of,

"Sergeant S. Apricot"

The marine looked at his buddy as he lighted up one. They both moved a few paces up as they inched closer to the armory. Sam puffed out a long soothing trail of smoke before explaining.

"I remember him saying that they wanted it covered up before it got out of hand. Something about not wanting the to upset the established Admirality board's name."

"Psshhh. Assholes."

"Damn right. He saved their lives and all they're concered about is their fucken name."

Sam sucked in another deep inhale of smoke. Blowing it away from the line they were in.

"So they don't want anyone else to know that they were saved by a renegade Spartan who has a history of insubordination? Sounds like my kind of guy." He smiled

"Oh for piss sake Daniel." Sam rolled his eyes as he took in another drag. "You sound like you want to suck his--"

"Hey I'm just saying, that he sounds like a cool dude. For a Spartan you know. I've worked with other Spartans before."

"Yeah I know. You keep telling me that." Sam tossed his empty stick on the ground and smashed it with his foot.

‘”Goddamnit, how long is this going to take? Even for military standers this is bullshit.” He complained.

When the line shortened enough, the two compatriots were able to rush in to get their gear. The Officer manning the door nodded at them both before they were able to grab the necessary equipment. Sam rushed over to the rows of the standered MA5Cs. He put his helmet on and tighted it around his jaw before ripping one out of the line of neatly placed rifles. Daniel walked up to Sam who was steadly checking the rifle for any debunked parts. Satisfied, he clicked the ammo in place, letting the count reach a pleasible 32 clip.

"Again with that thing?" Daniel mocked as he lifted a M45 tactical shot gun up to his chest while giving a sly look on his face as he cocked the next shell into place.

“Show off…” he stated.

“Please give me a reason to say ‘shot gun to the face’ is not the best phrase used in combat?”

“Yeah, if you can get close to one of those covie bastards without being shot down.”

“Close range is my specialty, can’t deny who I am Sam.” Daniel stated.

“Yeah, Shelly’s was long range. She would always say your brain was as scattered as the pellets it fired.”

They smiled from the pleasant memories from their lost companion.

“Remember when you two had that kill count on long range vs. short?” Sam recalled.

“Yeah, hahaha, it went on for at least two days before I finally was able to pull off just over three more kills then her.” Daniel chuckled.

“And what was the prize you won when you went up to her and rubbed it in her face?” Sam asked knowing the story.

Daniel expression turned into a pained look of agony as he bended his knees with his shot gun supporting his weight.

“The most painful nut shot ever upon man, ugh.” He said as he clutched his groin.

Sam reeled back in laughter. When he finished mocking his buddy’s shame, he stood up with assault rifle in hand, placing a fresh clip into it.

“For Shelly and Earth, we will take these covenant assholes down one bullet at a time.”

“Hurrah sir!” Daniel shouted.

Once the two had finished gearing up, they exited the armory. They were about to make it to the line up but Sam’s helmet made a buzzing noise as the voice of the Captain came on.

“Sergeant Samuel Apricot? This is Captain James. I need you and Lieutenant Daniel to head to docking bay A01 double time!”

“Sir, yes sir,” Sam glanced at Daniel who nodded in acknowledgement. The two wasted no time as they sprinted down the bay.

“The Captain needs us? This must be really serious.” Daniel asked in between breaths.

“Yeah, this mission just got a whole lot more intresting..” Sam responded in a monotone voice as he dodged fellow soldiers.





//Aboard the Geneses//

//Docking bay A01, 062 hours after the destruction of Reach//

Everywhere on the ship was louder than a pathetic high school prep rally. Save for docking bay A01. The scientist division made sure to have sound proof walls in order to focus on their projects. It just so happened to be where Alan spent most of his off time. Not only did he have a curious mind towards what the eggheads made, but it was where he felt like he didn’t need to focus on anything military related. And boy did he really need to think about what has happened recently.

‘God, it feels like years since I just sat here. Being deployed for an entire couple days on Reach can feel like a godamn eternity. But at least I can sit here and finally get my thoughts in order. Damn Elites, tough sons of bitches when they are in groups. Not nearly as tough as the hunters though. Takes a miricle to take those tanks down. '

Alan shifted around on the crate he sat on next to the hanger doors.

I do belive Jorge would've been proud of me, if he knew I used a machine turret to sluaghter the ground forces on Piont Alpha.

Alan chuckled as he remebered the swarms of enemys retreating from his firepower.

Now I know why they call it Boneyard. I hope those Sangheili bastards burn in hell.

The door behind him opened with a short hiss. With a sigh, he turned around to see the Captain walking up to him in an orderly fashion. He plucked at his well trimmed mustache and smiled a devious grin. Alan jumped of the stacks of crates, making his way to him.

“Got some good news for ya kid.” He said mischievously

“Did the covenant decide to give up yet?” he asked sarcastically.

“When we hammer their asses back into the bottomless pit where they came from, sure. But for now I got some people to accompany you on for the assault.”

“Wasn’t I supposed to use the Banshee to sneak aboard? And as recall it’s a one man vehicle.”

“And here’s the good news.” The Captain placed his metal finger on his comn unit. “BRING IT UP CHARLIE!” He shouted.

The platform behind them shook as the doors slid open to revel a ship being raised to the surface. Alan turned around to look at the awaiting aircraft to rise. For once in his life, he actually felt kind of excited to see this.

“Oh captain, you shouldn’t have.” He said with his helmet hiding his rather enthuastic facial expressions.

“Now kid, I know you have a secret fetish for covenant tech, so I also got you some covie weapons to use if you please.”

The captain stood back as if on cue to have another platform raise in front of him. On top revealed a number of covenant weapons all neatly placed in a row. Alan scanned to see if they got a weapon he always wanted to use in combat.

“Did you manage to grab one of those, Sangheili energy swords?”

The captain looked down and sadly shook his head.

“Sorry, this is all we could grab before we left, beside…” he walked up to the Spartan and placed his robotic arm around his yellow plated back piece as he motioned him to turn around.

“I think you’ll be much happier flying one of these.” He said proudly.

The Spartan looked up to see what he always had a guilty pleasure for. A Phantom being hefted out of the closing doors beneath it. Alan stepped closer for a view he saw exactly what wanted to see.

“Plasma turrets, the concision canon is there, and everything else looks about right. Do you mind if I check the interior?” Alan motioned to the captain out of excitement.

“Man you’re acting like such a little kid. Hey Charles, open the grav lift. The Spartan demands a full view from the inside.”

The Phantom’s gravity lifted activated for full access, but as Alan turned around to continue his awaited excitement. A pedestal from the ground rose up to block the Spartan’s path. Alan stopped himself to see what it would do next.

“Captain, I would prefer to be called by my A.I. name, Culverton." Said a sophisticated voice from the pedestal.

From the top of the pedestal came a hologram showing a very well groomed figure with a smoking jacket and a monocle placed beneath one of his wrinkled eyes. It also had a bow tie and a cup of tea which was only displayed for show. It reached up to with its free hand to adjust its top hat.

“Eh, Charles, Culverton, same thing.” The captain dismissed

“No it isn’t, Charles comes from the origins of the great---“

“Yeah I’m going to stop you right there, you see, I clearly just don’t give a shit what they named you at ONI. As long as you’re on my ship, I’ll call you whatever I damn well please. Understood wanker?” James mocked.

“Humans really know how to hold onto a grudge, when you will move on from that?” it said as it pretended to sip its tea.

“When you get deleted for rampancy,” James replied coldly.

“Oh my, I’m practically in shambles, oh dear me…….wait a minute, I’ll just move on, water under the old bridge I suppose.”

“Goddamnit, Help me out here Alan……Alan?” James looked around to find the Spartan absent.

“What the hell, where did he—“

“I do believe he went to inspect the interior of the covenant aircraft. If you ask me, it’s hardly anything worth to be Amazed by.”

“Sounds like somebody has something against higher tech other than himself,”

“It’s not the tech I find distasteful. If you broke down its controls to a basic level, it flies like a broken turd.”

“You be surprised how adaptive Spartans can be.” James said proudly.

“Well if you compare 027 to any other normal Spartan, I’d say your claim is inaccurate, in a positive manner so to speak. He has proven himself to beat the odds. Just like some other fine chap I knew from an old A.I. friend of mine.” Culverton summoned a chair from behind him and sat promptly done. "Although, I say he still hasn't learned the importance of obeying a direct order."

"Awwww, Is Alan's, little modifications to your A.I. core getting to you?" The Captain teased.

The A.I. sighed deeply as he rubbed at his right temple. "I Swear, we underestimated him when he was brought to Halsey for those special training simulations. Little bugger was barely over adolescent and he out smarter me. Me...an A.I." Culverton sunk into his chair.

The Captain couldn't stop smiling at how Alan was able to change A.I code at that young of an age.

"Can't say I'm ungratefull. But the oh the humilation!!" Culverton tossed his tea cup, which exploded into a blue mist. He covered his face dramatically as he whimpered.

“Well I’m glad that’s something we can agree on. Got to ask, how did that Super Carrier get a signal from him anyway? The banshee was hardly noticeable for it to detect, and I know he wouldn’t be ignorant enough to have his transmitter on that long.” James asked with a condescending tone to the story.

“Sorry, classified files my good sir.” Culverton said as his holographic image flickered to him holding a pipe and pretending to smoke it.

James looked steadily at him. The A.I. reeled back his head in annoyance, as it lifted holographic files onto the pedestal.

“Alan had nothing to do with our ship’s discovery. As you can see…” The A.I raised his ghost like hand to revel a file with classified split all over it.

“So they would’ve found us anyways, huh?” James looked over to the A.I. who nodded. “Admiral Bart just wanted to shift the blame on him to demonize the Spartans, but why?” James asked while he quickly scanned the file. Another file popped in front of James.

“What the hell is this?” He turned to the A.I.

“It’s a program that our good friend Bart has proposed, but seems to have been blocked by the current Spartan lll program still in place.” The A.I said. “Ambitious, but being an A.I that has been installed with detecting conflicting morals, I can already see it as a moral downfall.”

“It says he proposed that they would use the Spartan augmentations on ODSTs, but that would just be too risky.” James pondered the thought for a moment.

“Yes, but what you humans consider morally wrong, would be the fact that he would experiment on civilians as test subjects first in order to minimize the risks for regular UNSC ground forces. The casualitys I estimated would be in the dozens.”

James put his good hand to his mustache to explored the thought for a moment.

“When Dr. Halesy created the Spartan ll program, she used children, same as the Spartan llls. But this says they would use full grown adults to iron out all the flaws in the augmentations. ICan see the why but....it that still would be even worse than stealing kids. It says they expect severe casualities. To men and women who have done nothing wrong.

"Captian, Admiral Bart is, how you'd say, flying too close to the sun." Suggested Culverton. "There isn't any valid evidence to suggest it would even work. Yet he's willing to go rouge behind the board's back and do it anyway."

"How do you know this?" James asked. He stepped closer to the pedistol, seeing another file from the Admiral himself.

"He has already begun transfering rescources and 'Test Subjects' to a supposedly dark laboratory."

"My god. Twenty dead so far." James looked down further, his face went solem as he read the report. "Another fourty disabled for life. No significant changes in surviours." James began to put all the holographic files into one folder. "That son of bitch is going to pay." His face gleamed eternal hatred as he now understood the reasoning behind stabbing Alan in the back several times. "He sits in MY ship and mocks my crew. Mocks my authority and my judgemeant." As James finished putting them into a folder, he pushed it towards Culverton. The A.I. cuaght the file with his blue hands.

"I want you to send that copy to Mirianda Keys. She'll know what to do with it."

"Are you sure sir? Why not ONI?"

"The only people I trust with this sort of ordeal is Keys. His daughter is just like that jackass. She can get it back into the right hands. She's a smart girl, just loike her father."

"Very well, sir. Transfering now."

"Thank you, Charles. We make it out of this alive, I might just start to like you."

“Of course sir, and speaking of inevitable doom, we have approximately 30 minutes before we exit the slip space state.”

James walked back to the hanger doors that lead out to the gigantic hallway.

“Godamnit!!! Where are those two retards that I---“

James stopped as the doors opened up to revel what he thought was to be his two top idiot spec op marines that he’s known for a while, only to be greeted by an odd looking shape. It was odd because it moved in the same way water dose when you’ve thrown it in the air, but the color was that of a darkish brown nature and felt a bit warmer than room temperature.
The Captain could only close his eyes as the liquid drenched his face with annoyingly hot stickiness pouring all over his suit. When the Captain reopened his eyes, his face felt like somebody took a very hot piss on him and then poured a bag of Splenda all over. He looked down at Daniel lying on his stomach with a horrid look on his face.

“Oh god I’m so fucked,” Daniel said with a dry voice.



***






//High Charity//
//The high council chambers//
//058 hours after the destruction of Reach//

The prophet of Truth sat in his hover chair, looking at the destruction of one of the holy relics of the great journey. His face never displayed sorrow but deep thought of how he could use it to his advantage, like the true master manipulator he was.The room was absent from all life. Only the cries from the covenant paparazzi could be heard from the v-shaped doors. Truth lifted up one frail finger as he pushed a button on his control panel. Two projections of covenant species appeared, one showing an Elite stabbing a human with its energy blade. The other showed a Brute with a spiker shooting a marine in the face as his other arm held an ODST around the neck.


His head slowly turned to the Elite projection.

"Quick, smart and honorable. But they seem to be letting intelligence get to them."

His head rotated to the Brute.

"Yes.....strong and ruthless, easy to control as well. Perfect..."

The v-shaped doors beeped twice before they opened for another similar being to float towards the enclosed room. It lifted its arm to adjust its golden plated crown.

"These insufferable fools!!!! How long must we allow such atrocity be led by those inferior Elites?!" Regret made his way to Truth. He stopped his hover chair when their golden plated shoulders that rose two feet above their backs almost touched.

"In time my brother, they will face a fate worse than death. But we must act carefully, and with patience. For this is the first step in my plans."

Regret extended his enlarged neck towards Truth in a questioning manner.

"The Brutes are looking for ways to gain more power, am I not mistaken?"

Regret nodded slightly.

"I say we give what they ask for." Truth said raising his arms in a praising manner.

"But my Brother! They have no intelligence we can gain, but pure physical rage that dwells inside every one of those beasts."

"It is that rage we will use, Brother, once we have what we need, we will no longer need the Sangheili. They are nothing but sheep to be slaughtered. But they have been proving to be more than sheep. For this Heretic group that is rising can be only the beginning if we don't eliminate them from the covenant."

Truth lowered his hands on the armrests of his hover chair. Regret moved slowly to Truth, he pulled his floppy ear out of annoyance as he tried to wrap his head around Truth's insane idea.

"How will we convince the other races to follow the Brutes if we don't have a believable testimony?"

Truth pointed towards the holographic image in the center of the room. Pieces of halo were scattered in different directions, but only one part of the station was still in an arc formation.

"We will use this as our launch to slander the Sangheili. The elite in charge has failed in his assignment to safeguard it, but we won't openly state the overthrow of the Sangheili just then. We must anoint him as the arbiter to continue our plans."

Regret nearly jumped from his chair as his eyes bulged from his slimy head.

"REWARD BLASPHEMY?!?! SURLY YOU JEST!?!?" He cried.

"Calm brother, we won't mention this to the council. He will be our puppet for retrieving what we need, nothing more."

Regret calmed his temper so he could continue to process this turn of events. Truth placed his hand on his chair once more to open a communication network.

"Tartarus, I'm in need of your presence,"

The Brutes gruff voice appeared from the chair.

"Of course holy ones."

Truth's eyes looked at Regret who had his back to him. "How many ships in your possession now orbit the recently purified human planet?"

Regret slowly turned around to face him with a solemn look.

"I had more than 15 in total when we first invaded. My recent checking find us at 40 or more since the reinforcements arrived."

"What about the Redemption?" Truth said with curiosity.

"After the humans that were left abandoned the planet, there happened to be another human ship that was using our own stealth technology against us. They manage to save the human leaders that were still trapped on that pathetic rock. We would not have found them had they not an opened transmission to a different human colony."

Truth folded his fingers as he listened intently.

"We weren't able to pinpoint the exact location of the human planet, but I've sent the Redemption on an intercept course to follow them."

"Irrelevant." Truth interjected.

Regret's expressionless face turned into a dark gleam of humiliation. "Why is that brother?"

"These humans will not lead us to their inferior colony, I predict that the ship will retaliate at any given moment."

Regret plundered the new speculation that Truth gave. After a while his head nodded in compliance."So what do you suggest?"

The v-shaped doors bleeped once more as a hulking beast stepped inside, but before the doors closed, a body flung itself into the massive tree trunk leg of the brute.

"THE PROPHETS MUST ANSWER US!!! WE ARE LOST WITHOUT THEIR GUIDANCE!!" the minuscule Unggoy proclaimed.

"AAUGGH YOU WORM!!!" the brute lifted his leg out of the grunt's grip, and then leaned all his weight back on top of the poor Unggoy who whelped in terror as it smashed his body into the floor. When the Brute's rage left, he scrapped his foot across the floor to wipe the excess grunt juice still attached to the base of it.

"My holy leaders, what is it that you require of me?" Tartarus knelled downward on one of his thick knees.

"Chieftain of all the brutes, you have served us with all the faith the gods have given you and have proven that you and your kind will be our vanguards to the great journey."

The Brute's scruffy white mo-hawk straightened at what he just heard.

"But holy ones, the elites have been the leadership of all the covenant forces since the beginning, how will we--"

"In time Tartarus, we will apply our plans step by step, I only ask you that you let us lead your kind to ultimate glory and salvation. But you must understand that it will happen gradually."

"I understand my prophets. My faith is strong, I will not fail you." he lifted his hulky body from the ground.

"And with this first step we are about to put in motion, I am sure of your abilities to follow every word I command of you."

Truth's smug face turned towards Regret who was in a mildly amused state.

"Regret, since the Redemption will have no choice but to eliminate the human ship. You will take the necessary forces to find this human colony, and purify it with our holy cleansing."

Truth waited to see if Regret would object his idea like he normally would. But Regret simple bowed his head in agreement once more.

"Of course brother." The prophet then made his way to the v-shaped doors.

"Tararus.” Truth turned back to the Brute who patiently awaited the command from his leader.

"The Redemption will be a test run to see if the Brutes are ready for the responsibilities of leader ship. Get me a secure communication network established with only the highest ranking Jiralhanae you know aboard."

"Of course." Tartarus quickly made his way to the control panel in the center of the room. The hologram of Halo reseeded back into the ground, as the projection of the Redemption appeared. It then zoomed into the behemoth of a ship, quickly scanning the interior to find the head Brute Chieftain aboard. After a while of searching, the camera finally picked up the Chieftain of the Redemption.

"Chieftains Ju'bath, do you copy?" Tartarus barked.

"Tartarus my leader! What is it that you desire?" The brute asked with no hesitation.

"The will of the prophets Ju'bath." He stepped back allowing Truth to begin his poisoning sermon.

"Gather your top lieutenants, we have much to discuss." Truth said with a hint of venom lingering on his tongue.



***





//Aboard the Redemption//
//061 hours after the destruction of Reach//

Bathou’mus walked much more quickly to get as much distance from the dead corpse. Not that anybody would question him about it, but he felt like time was running out.

“Need to get to bridge and talk to shipmaster.”

The Elite made his way into the main part of the ship. It was a massive gathering of covenant walking into loaded phantoms while acquiring their gear. The ceiling stretched five stories tall as circular walkways ascended above. Bathou’mus was in the center of the mass gathering. Narrowly avoiding contact with the rows of infantry that scurried past him. He could see the entrance towards the bridge as he nudged past a row of hunters walking side by each other. A few more groups of infantry were all that stood in his path. That is when he heard that voice ring out to him.

“BATHOU’MUS!!”



Bathou’mus stopped himself. His mind realing back to an image of a young, green armored minor elite. Both of them were side by side each other as they fired on an open human platoon. He rembered kicking him out of the way of an oncoming rocket round. He placed a well aimed shot on the human that almost blew him to hell with his carbine. The young Elite looked back up at Bathou'mus who reached down with his hand..


“Konthou a pleasantry to see you again.” He said, still holding out his palm.

“Bathou’mus, my Intel suggested you’d died aboard the holy ring. How did you manage to survive?” the minor said as he grabbed his hand and shook it ecstatically.

“A story for another time young one. I see you’ve managed to maintain balance in the unit last I served with them?” He motioned his head to the two giants that stood behind the minor not making a sound. Both Hunters nodded their worm heads rapidly.

“Of course, they have been very obedient since last you saw us.” The minor’s voice gave way to cheerfulness as he explained.
“Our squad has been praying to the gods that you’d survive. Our prayers have been answered!”

The minor raised his fist in triumph, followed by the two hunters as their canons lifted above the elite’s head.

‘Not entirely.’ Bathou’mus raised his hand in the air to play along. “To the gods!”

The entire ship was greeted with a sudden bleep noise coming from the center of the room. The lights cooled to a deep aqua blue as a giant hologram displayed in the center. All the covenant infantry stopped their drills and preparations as they crowded round the hologram of the Prophet Truth.

“My fellow covenant.” The hologram projected.

“Surly the news of the destruction of the sacred ring has been reached to you, and you share my and the councils’ grief as well. But know that this blasphemous act was not down by the humans alone, for the Sangheili have proven to be unworthy of the role of vanguards to the great journey.”

Bathou’mus looked upon the masses to notice that the elites in the room were all being single out by their squad by being left standing by themselves.

“They have betrayed the covenant. Therefore with the heavy decision I and the council have put forward, they must surrender themselves to us, and repent by showing us that they are willing to give up their role as our guardians for those we now ask you to pledge your allegiance to. THE BRUTES!!!” Truth shouted as he raised his arms dramatically.

An uproar commenced from the center of the crowd. The elites were now being herded through the crowd as brutes pushed them into a ring surrounded by the mass.

“THE SANGHEILI MUST REPENT FOR THEIR SINS!!!!” Truth yelled.

“By the gods, Bathou’mus, what are we to do?” Konthou looked to the spec-ops elite for an answer only to find him absent.

“Bathou’mus?”









***





//Equestria//
//Ponyville//

“C'mon Twighlight!! We got a lot of bucking to do!!” Applejack shouted to Twilight who was trailing behind.

“I'm coming.” She trotted faster in order to keep up with the farm pony.

“Ah really do appreciate you help'in me out with this Twi.”

“My pleasure AJ, nopony should do all this hard work themselves, right Spike?” Twilight looked on her back to see Spike snoring away all his troubles.

“Guess the little feller don't like being up this early.” giggled Applejack.

“Ugghhh, he probably passed out on the way over here.” Sighed Twilight.

“Well we can put him in the barn till were done.”

“But he needs to shake off a few extra pounds of all those gems he ate last night. I swear that Rarity gave him a little too much from his helping around her house.”

“Hehe, I think that's cute.”

“Yeah, but he'll grow out of that phase soon enough, and I hope soon because he's breaking my back.” Twilight groaned.
Applejack laughed some more as they found their way to the barn. As they approached the barn, Applejack opened the big red doors for Twilight.

“Thank you.”

“No prob, I'll tell Applebloom to keep an eye on him till he wakes up. When he does, I'll tell her to tell him we's gonna be out in the orchard bucken.”

“Sounds like a plan.” Twilight used her magic to lift the sleeping reptile off her back onto a pile of hay. Spike curled up into a dog like position as he felt the hay bundle up beneath him.

“Awwwwww….” Applejack whispered as Twilight made her way to the doors.

“What?” Twilight asked.
Applejack raised her hoof to point over at Spike who had his thumb in his mouth as his body was curled up into a tight ball.
The two mares shared a small giggle as they closed the doors to let Spike rest.

“Such a little feller isn’t he?” Applejack mused as they continued to the south field of the orchard.

“Yeah, but the strange thing is that he hasn’t done that for years. I wonder why his body would jump back into a previous physical habit if he already trained himself not to. Unless it’s not physical and it has to do with some mental stress he’s going through and won’t tell me—“

“Uhh Twi?”

“Hold on Applejack.” Twilight interrupted. “I think I’m onto something here. Maybe he doesn’t like being with me and would prefer to live with somepony else!!! That would explain his constant time he spends with Rarity!! And that would mean He—“

“Twi…..Watch out for that--- (SMACK!!!!)----tree.” Applejack cringed at Twilight’s painful run in with a tree she unintentionally hit face first into.

“Thanks for the warning AJ.” She muffled through the tree’s trunk.

“Well I’ll be darned; looks like you got us going already.” Applejack chuckled.

“What do you mean?” Twilight asked as her head was spinning in different directions from the initial impact. She shook her head to get it back in place. As she did, she saw Applejack pointing at the buckets that were conveniently placed under the tree that she hit into. All of them filled to the brink of the red ruby flavored sweetness that is an Apple family apple.

“Hehe, well I guess we’re off to a good start.” Twilight smirked.

“Hahahahaha, we sure are, as long as you keep using that oh so smart head of yours.” Applejack teased.

“Yeah, yeah. I’m just glad Rainbow Dash didn't see that.” Twilight said as she rubbed her sore spot.

“Speaking of the little work ditching varmint, where the hay is she?” Applejack said while her eyes scanned the area for any signs of her.

“It’s O.K. she told me that she has some weather patrolling to do today.” Twilight nudged Applejack’s shoulder.

“Well alrighty then, as long she’s isn’t just off on some cloud doing nothing like always, I guess I can’t stay mad at her.”

Applejack let out a defeated sigh as she and Twilight returned to the task at hand……er…hoof.
After sometime, the two decided to take a rest as they were exhausted from clearing almost half the field.

“Nice work today Twi….I reckon we should sit in the shade for a minute or two. Help yourself to any apple.”

The two made their way to a nearby tree to earn some well-deserved rest. They sat together on a little hill next to the trail of the orchard. The two did nothing as they were recuperating with small talk and the occasionally sipping from some juice boxes that Applejack brought out from her saddle bag.

“So how’s the princess been?” Applejack asked.

“Oh she’s been just fine. She even said that she was eager to see us all at the grand galloping gala tomorrow.” Twilight said exited.

“Oh me too! I can’t say how happy it makes me know’n that my best friends are gonna to be there with me.”

“Same here, AJ” Twilight said as she rested her head back against the stump of the tree.

“I say we call it a day. I’m gonna need to get my gear together for tomorra.”

Applejack raised herself up from the ground while stretching out her back. Twilight was noticing how flexible Applejack was as she carefully rotated her back to stretch her calf muscles bending ever so slightly forward. Twilight felt a rush of heat appear upon her face as she was facing Applejack’s posterior. Twilight couldn’t help but feel excited as she slowly shook it back and forth a bit to get a good stretch. Realizing where she was, that relaxation soon turned to embarrassment and fear as she stumbled about trying to get away from this awkward moment.

“Well….I’m….Guess I’ll go see if Spike is up, and probably take him to get something to eat on the way home Bye!!!” She said as she rushed to the trail caring her saddle bag with her.

“See ya tomorra Twi!!!” Applejack shouted as she waved her hoof into the air until Twilight disappeared on the horizon.

“What the hay was that all about?” She pondered.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait......had more hours this week.
Hope you enjoy.
Random quote of the day.
"I never lie, unless biscuits are invovled."

It feels so good to be back. Two months of pure terror and agony. Good news, the ward for the mentally unstable has issued a relaese date for sup3rsay3n592..............in the year 2031.......(Rubs face disaprovingly) aparently he got all the patients to fight against the doctors and support staff. As well as the national guard........and coast guard....and military.........and the navy.......and the airforce............and the civilian miltia..........and also law enforcement.....and the fire departmenat......and the girl scouts......and the also valve for not releasing more hats.......Son of a bitch.