• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 10,709 Views, 467 Comments

Frie-n-emy - Guy Balkur



A surviving Spartan from reach and a Sangheili Hereitic are transported to Equstria after overloading the slip space drive on a covenant Super Carrier

  • ...
43
 467
 10,709

Chp 5: Initial Collision part 2 (The Big Bang)

//Genesis//

Vs
//Redemption//
//064 hours after the destruction of Reach//




Alan sat in the cockpit ready for the signal the captain was about to give. His body stood motionless but not his mind, his brain shifted into combat mode as he tightened his grip around the alien controls. From within his helmet, he closed his bright blue eyes as he controlled his emotions, his breathing, and his memories that persisted on flooding back into him before every mission. He felt the motion of exiting slip-space, and was now waiting for that one moment for everything to explode around him once more. The cockpit opened as Sam stepped through while resting the Rocket launcher in a downward position. He walked up to the Spartan who tilted his head, bringing himself back into the real world.

“Sergeant, is there something you need?”

Sam hesitated a bit, unsure what to ask. “Yeah, um…. You wouldn't happen to be Spartan 027?"

"What's my Number have to do with anything?" Alan asked dismissively.

"I have some records on your, supposedly classified files." Sam said, noticing the subtly twitch of the golden helmet,

Alan never turned around as he scoffed a bit.

"Hardly, classified." He agreed. "Dose something in my files make you reconsider my authority?"

Sam stared disbelievingly at him as he completely ignored the breaching of the security files. He was about to ask why, but Alan turned around in the pilot seat, facing him.

"If you are worried about the regulations, don't be. My Com is off line for now. This is strictly between squad-mates." Alan waited as the Sergeant scrambled to find the right words.

"Why the sudden decline of regulations?"

"Regulations slow down the process of trying to accomplish what we need done." Alan glanced over at the window of space. "Unfortunately that doesn't go well with high command."

"The rules are what help us get the job done." Sam said.

Alan scoffed lightly at the rebuttal.

"Rules are what's getting us killed." Alan said, his helmet slowing turning towards him. "The covenant will not let up on us. Sometimes, they need people like me to do whatever it takes to win. Only, they don't like it when I do it my why."

"What way is that?"

"The way we win this war. No mercy, no hesitation, and a big guns." Alan sat back against the seat. "And a touch of Intel here and there."

"So, let's say a Covenant squad surrendered." Sam gently placed the launcher down next to the door. "What would you do?"

"Depends, usually they die. Well most of the time, they kill themselves rather then give up anything valuable." Alan looked back at the controls, thinking. "To be honest I don't know."

Sam chuckled a bit. "What dose the regulations say about it?"

Alan looked at the sergeant, forming a unseen smirk at the Sergeant. "I see your point."

"Rules are what makes us have order and coherence. Without it, we might as well be rambling, chaotic beasts. Doing whatever we feel like."

Sam and Alan looked at each other for a few moments. Alan was deep in thought as he took in account the war as a whole. Law and order got the squeaky gear clean, but the marines were the ones to have that instilled in them to fight orderly. Alan was operating as a lone Spartan, under the command of Captain James; law and order was meant for the formal wearer. He, on the other hand, was wearing a suit of mechanical hell that unleashed it's sun filled furry upon the unjust. However and wherever it reared its unwanted head. Unfortunately for him, it was everywhere at the moment. That's why Alan could see the view points from where the Sergeant was coming from, but still remember, that they were two different people, if not for the suit.


“PING”

Alan snapped back to his position instantly. He activated his COMN as the voice of the Captain came to life once more.

“We are directly above them; stealth systems will only last for twenty more minutes. I need that core disable before they open fire on us. So………MOVE MOVE MOVE!!!!!!”

“Hang on” Alan grabbed the controls and shifted the phantom out into the dark void of space. Sam’s back hit the side of the cockpit door and knocked the breath out of him as he tried to resist the urge to fall over. He stumbled a bit as he tried to get back into his position with his other crew-mates.

“Whoa, easier there Sam I am,” Daniel said as he grabbed him before he fell.

“I’m O.K. just give me a sec…” he panted. Daniel made his way back to the side of the Phantom; the doors were still closed as they awaited the signal from the Commander.

“The side of the docking bay is opened. But there seems to be no sign of covenant aircraft leaving the bay.” Alan’s voice was broadcasting to his crew and the captain directly over a secure network.

“Odd, Charlie, have you given them the false signal yet?” The captain asked.

“Right as they left my good sir." The A.I responded. " I’d like to point out that they haven’t even begun their long range scanners yet. But their shields are up to maximum. It’s as if the covenant hasn't even realized they were still chasing us and decided to break for tea time.”

“Are we free to enter?” Alan asked.

“Yes, but once aboard you will find it difficult to maintain your incognito as they will most likely open fire from within.” The A.I said.

“That won’t be a problem.” Alan took the controls and dove the Phantom to the energy field doors. From there the Spartan tilted his head as he noticed that there was a fire fight already taking place from within.

“Culvertun, can you access the covenant channels to find any files of human resistance from within?”

“What an odd request, seeming how they have no prisoners aboard, and yet I’m getting reports of resistance from within.” Culvertun stayed silent as he processed possible outcomes.

“Commander, from what you can tell, what do you think?” the Captain asked.

“It’s defiantly a small fire fight inside the bay. But they don’t seem to notice us.” Alan edged up to the field as to get a better visual. He saw what he never thought could be.

“Sir, it looks like the covenant is fighting each other, seems to be a rebellion of some sorts.”

The crew inside the Phantom stayed silent as they contemplated this turn of events.

“This is our chance, try not to get too involved, let them duke it out until you reach that core. And hurry before they take notice of us again.” The Captain’s voice became absent as to allow the commander to continue.

“Understood, we’re moving in, open fire on my mark,” The Phantom pushed through the force field as he fired with the concussion canon on both sides of the bay, clearing out squads of brutes and jackals on the left as well as some elites and grunts stationed on the right.

The hatch opened as Noah and Daniel bursts out fire heated rounds of molten plasma at anything that moved on either side. They managed to eliminate the smaller infantry such as the Jackals and Grunts as well as some Brutes and Elites caught without their shields on. A pair of hunters decided to take aim at the Phantom as they charged their fuel rod canons. Sam stepped to the side where Noah was, and launched two rounds at the Hunters before they released their canons. Hitting both dead-center in the face, the explosion of the rockets tore through their armor like shredded paper.

“WHOA HOOOO!!!! COME GET SOME ALIEN BASTARDS!!!” Daniel cleared out the rest of the stragglers on the left side of the bay as Noah just finished the right side. Sam took his time to reload the empty canister of rockets. Alan got up and walked into the interior of the Phantom to regroup with his squad.

“Nice work, hold this position until I get back.” Alan grabbed the Fuel Rod canon off the weapons holder in the Phantom.

“Activating camouflage now.” The Spartan stood still as his yellow plated armor melted with the background. A loud thud echoed from the bottom of the floor to indicate his movement towards the giant opened doorway leading to the core. Sam and the rest of the squad stood there as five red blips activated on their motion sensors.

“Get ready for round two people!!” Sam shouted as he adjusted his rocket to aim towards the door of the oncoming enemies.


Alan made his way through a narrow hallway leading out of the dark purple hanger. He found himself looking towards the NAV point that Culvertun set up for him. He rounded the corner at the end of the hall seeing dispatched corpses everywhere. He notice that most were Elites and Grunts. He lowered the fuel rod a bit as he kicked an Elite’s head out of his path. The walls made a sickening dripping noise as the blood coated every inch of them.

‘The hell is going on? Never seen anything like this. And the worst part is, that I probably won’t ever use this thing.’

Alan raised the Fuel Rod back into a defensive position. A good thing too as he heard a thunderous noise coming from his left. Quickly steeling a glance at his motion scanner, he saw four red blips appear to his left, coming from the hall way that led to the Cruiser’s main area. He quickly ran ahead to the doors of the opposite direction, giving himself some room from the soon to be explosions of the fuel rod rounds. The doors at the end of the hallway opened to reveal a grunt running at a fast pace, he flayed his arms in a panic as he tried to evade a trio of Brutes that charged blindly at him. The grunt yelped when the first Brute reached out and grabbed its head, pulling it back onto the ground. Repeatedly smashing it with its fists until the walls matched the same gory color of the walls in the adjacent hallway.

“LITTLE WORM!! WHY ARE THEY FOLLOWING THE ELITES STILL!!??” It roared out of frustration.

“They know not what is expected of themselves yet, and will soon fall in line when we rid the Sengheilie from the rest of the ship.” The second said as he made his way towards the invisible Spartan. All three now walked towards Alan’s position, the Spartan had his opportunity to strike, but held back as he heard the third Brute say something that made him lower his weapon slightly.

“Reports say that an Elite is making his way to the bay. He’ll be coming through here, so let’s give him a little surprise of our own.” The three turned around as they readied their spikers to blast the Elite when he appeared through the doors they just came from.

‘Why are they fighting each other, what the…..’

Alan thought for a moment before making his mind up. It was a long shot at best, but he needed to at least say he put in the effort. He raised himself up from his crouched position as he took aim to the Brutes that awaited the Elite. If he was going to get any answers, he’d better do it now. The doors on the opposite side opened as the elite quickly found himself being shot at by spiker rounds. He was smart enough to have his shields up, but they drained as he took cover behind the side of the doors. Alan took the time to fire his rounds straight at the backs of the heads of each brute, clearing the hall way with a satisfied boom and ending with the chaired bodies of the beasts. Alan’s activated cameo discharged leaving him visible for a while as it recharged. The Elite took a peek around the corner to find the Brutes dead, and a yellow being walking towards him while switching his weapons. The Elite quickly rolled into the corridor as he activated his sword. Alan quickly recognized it to be a Zealot class one, its eyes pierced him like the energy blade it held. Alan knew that he’d need to play this carefully. The Spartan moved one step as he aimed his needler rifle at the Elite’s face.

“I need answers, Why are you—“

“A DEMON!!!!!!!!!!” It roared as he raced towards him in a blinding fury with its blade glowing in the air.

‘Well, so much for that.’

Alan began to open fire at the Elite whose shields, now fully restored, took the blunt of the rounds He ran at the Spartan with increasing enthusiasm for diced human. Alan used all the time he had to drain its shields as much as he could before he reached him, but the Elite was faster than he thought. Alan quickly charged him to catch the Elite by surprise, sliding down on his knees, narrowly missing the deadly blade that swished horizontally above his head. He formed a fist as he upper-cut the Elites lower face, feeling the remanding energy from the shields break from his contact. He quickly kicked it in the ribs to get some distance. The Zealot stumbled back but never lost his balance as he leaped back at the Spartan. To Alan’s surprise, the Elite froze directly in place, not moving a muscle. Alan also noticed two points of the same energy blade peeking through the back of its opened throat. He heard it gurgle something in its native tongue right before its eyes rolled back in its head, lifeless. The Zealots body was yanked back and forth as Alan saw another Elite pry his wrist blade from the back of the Zealot’s skull creating a sickening crunching noise as he threw the dead Elite backwards on the final yank. Alan got a clear view of this mysterious character, noticing it to be a Special Class Operations Elite. He raised his weapon again at the Elite’s fore-head to keep it at a distance as he waited for his active cameo to recharge.

“What is going on?” he said as he awaited a response.

The Elite stood there motionless. Its wrist blade still glowed a brilliant blue as he looked over the Spartan with utmost interest. Then it did something the Spartan wasn't prepared for. He deactivate his blades as he put his arms up to the human as a sign of surrendering. Alan still kept his cross-hairs sighted on his head as the Elite slowed his movements to show corporation. This made Alan even more confused, making him ask himself all kinds of questions. Why did it kill another Elite? Why was it surrendering? Why does it have the reverse color scheme as him? All was revealed as the Elite spoke in a very clear and distinct voice that probably matched Culvertun's on a bad tea day.

“Demon, there is much to discuss between your people and mine.” He said

“No Shit.” He said as he rested his finger on the trigger.

“These are not my people.” He said out of irritation.

“What do you mean?” Alan’s comn activated as he heard the Captain come back on.

"Alan, we’re going to be in deep shit if you don’t equip a motor on your ass and move it!!”

“Sir, there’s a Sangheilie here who’s willing to talk.” Silence befell the hallway before the Captain spoke again.

“Say again?” he asked bewilderingly.

“I am part of the group known as the heretics.” The Elite said. “I've been selected to establish contact with the humans to see if they would aid us in our fight against the prophets. My identity was created to obtain inside information from within the circle of command.” The Elite stayed still as he noticed the Spartan lower his weapon slightly.

“I am willing to give any valuable information I've gathered. The only thing in return I ask is that you form a connection with our head leader ‘Refumee.” He stopped there to allow the humans to grasp this hasty alliance he was willing to establish. From within Bathou’mu’s helmet, sweat gathered around his eyes as he tightened his fingers into a tight ball on the off chance this Demon would just kill him. But Alan stayed still like the Elite, waiting for him to try something stupid.

“Sir, did you catch that?” Alan asked.

“Yeah, sounds farfetched.” The Captain said as he silently stroked his mustache. Bathou’mus’s breathing became more intense as he felt his hand gather drips of sweat, and blood.

“Charlie, what do you think?” the Captain asked.

“Well I say he’s been the most sophisticated monstrosity I have ever encountered, and he’s not lying. This ‘Refumee checks out, and I also checked his status. They did a great job at covering his tracks to make him a special classed Elite. I suggest we take his offer.” Alan gritted his teeth, not the response he wanted to hear.

“Captain?” he asked again.

“I guess we should go with Charlie on this one, just keep a close eye on him.”

Alan lowered his gun as he walked straight at the Elite with a deadly demeanor. Bathou’mus stood his ground as he awaited the Demon’s next move. Alan walked right up to Elite with a two foot space in between them as he stopped and looked at him with an expression that burnt through his blue tinted visor. They almost equaled in height and size but Bathou’mus beat him in only a few more inches.

“I don’t care what they say; you and your kind will always be my enemy. One fuck up, and I rip your skull through your anus. Understood freak?” The hatred in Alan’s voice could melt cast iron as he looked at the Elite. Searching for any signs of aggression.

“Understood.” Bathou’mus said as calm as he could muster.

“Good, now before we establish anything, I’m going to blow this ship to hell.” Alan walked behind him as he pressed the butt of the needler rifle to signal him ahead. Bathou’mus obeyed and walked toward the doors that lead to the drive engine. They slid open to reveal another hall way similar to the one they were just in, but split into three different directions. Bathou’mus stopped as he awaited the Spartan’s directions. Alan stepped up to point towards the left corridor. Bathou’mus nodded again, making his way down the familiar archway that started to ascend twenty feet above them and continued to grow until they made it to the end of the hall way. The room grew into a large field of wires that hung half a kilometer above them as they all connected into a giant cylinder object that had the same diameter as a football field. Another was placed at the bottom as a giant orb of light glowed in between the two circular pillars. Alan made a move to signal the elite to pick up the pace as they crossed a makeshift bridged that could easily fit two Scorpion tanks side by side each other.

Every ten feet was a large pillar of wires, bundled into one huge makeshift support for the entire bridge. Alan noticed that the bridge was held by the pillars that extended to the large ceiling. What confused the Spartan was that it wasn't one of those light barrier bridges that they normally used. The bridge connected them from the base of the core to the entrance of the room. Below them was the same wires and covenant technology that mirrored the ceiling as they connected to the bottom of the core. But the bottom wires seemed to descend into a hundred foot drop into pure blackness. They were half way before Bathou’mus raised his hand into a fist to signal an immediate stop. Alan cautiously stopped as he tightened his grip around his rifle, waiting for an excuses to put the miserable bastard down.

“Konthou!?” The Elite now had his finger to his helmet as he shouted in surprise at his young friend who evaded the brute’s onslaught.

“Yes, it’s good to know that not even the Brutes can kill you.”

Alan listened intensely, if he gave away their position, he’d kill him without any thought what so ever. Heretic or not, he was an enemy to him. Bathou’mus looked back at the Spartan, letting him know that he wasn't a mindless idiot by keeping direct visor contact with the Spartan.

“How close are you to the docking bay?” Konthou’s voice sounded fatigued.

“Close enough, why do you ask?” Bathou’mus choose his words carefully.

“I was hoping that you would escape with me in a phantom, but it seems to be that a rouge force of humans found their way through into the area and are now keeping it clear from anybody approaching the bay!!” Konthou sounded annoyed with this unexpected events.

Bathou’mus let go of the transmitter to speak with the Spartan privately.

“They are with you, I assume?” He asked in a monotone voice. Alan nodded his head slowly.

“Konthou?” he said as he once again pressed his finger to his helmet.

“Yes?”

“Do you swear to follow every command I give you?”

“Why…yes Bathou’mus...I”

“Do you give your life to serving the Sangheile?”

“Of course.”

“Do you still follow the prophet’s will?”

Silence befell the speaker as the young Elite painfully tugged at the answer he unwillingly knew he had to accept.

“I don’t know, the only person I trust aboard this brute infested ship is you Bathou’mus.”

“Then do not question me when I say do not engage the humans.”

Konthou’s strained voice of shock echoed through escaped gasps and a chocking sound that sounded like broken glass through the microphone.

“Bbbbbthou’mus?” He shakily asked.

“DO. NOT. ATTACK. THE. HUMANS.” Bathou’mus’s mandibles shut tight as he punctuated each word through his enclosed mouth.

“BBbbuut…..” The young minor couldn't contain himself.

“I need you to get to the ship’s engine core right away. Clear a path for us.”

“BATHOU’MUS!!” Konthou couldn't take it anymore. “Why must we help such unworthy beings?! They deserve death and nothing more!!!” Konthou raged. "What has happened to you?! You are not the Bathou'mus I remember. Let me and Rega'lily---"

"DO NOT ENGAGE THE HUMANS KONTHOU!!" The Elite barked back. "I am still your commander, and you will obey me on this. Or I will stuff your carcass with---"

Alan's audio went from pause to record. Standing there with a smile at the Elite who was using it's native tongue to scold the minor. Even Konthou's face had gone slightly red from hearing the most rare obscenities blast through his mic.

Alan heard a familiar ping as he nudged the Elite to continue walking as he continued his conversation. He lifted his hand up to the side of his helmet as he pressed the private comn.

“Go ahead sergeant.” He whispered.

“Ummmmm, two things, when are you going to blow this place to hell? And there’s this Elite that took cover behind the doors with two hunters and is shouting something about us being unworthy while talking to a Bat muss or someone.” Sam looked back at the Elite who flayed his arms as he notice it trying to physically express its frustration, but only came to Sam as awkward and questionable.

“The core will be off line momentarily, and that elite's name is apparently Konthou.” Alan said.

“Oh Ok, we’ll just hang tight until…….wait…WHAT!?!” Sam looked back at his squad members on the Phantom.

“Captain’s orders, a heretic Elite is willing to give us some information as well as disabling the core for us. I only ask that you trust me and the captain on this one.” Alan and Bathou’mus made their way to the control panel near the base of the enlarged core drive. The strange covenant symbols appeared on the panel as they continued their separate conversations.

"I was going to say something like, I told you so, buuuuuttttt....."

"Shut it Sergeant. Inform the others what's happening."

Bathou'mus sighed heavily, before using a softer tone to his voice.

“Konthou, we have no choice here, the prophets have betrayed us. If you are smart enough to survive the brute’s onslaught, then I know you are smart enough to trust me on this. Please, Konthou.” Bathou’mus waited for the final answer from the Minor.

Konthou stood silently as he stared into the wall from across his position. He contemplated his current choices as he looked back at the hunters who stood at attention, but seemed confused of what was happening. Bathou’mus looked back at the Spartan, still waiting on Konthou’s answer.

“Fine……we will obey your command, Bathou’mus.” The minor’s voice held much grief as he briefly came to terms with the betrayal of his holy leaders.

“Thank you Konthou. Make sure to explain this to Rega’lily, and Muffeme’.” Bathou’mus looked back at the Spartan, giving an acknowledgement nod. Alan put his hand back up to his helmet, activating his private comn again.

“Sargent. Those three are friendlies now, they will be clearing a path for us once we overload this thing.” Alan waited for a response, but his improved hearing could pick up some ‘minor’ disagreements from the crew members still on board the phantom.

“Sargent? Do you read?” Alan said again.

“Yes, I copy, some of the other guys kinda got P.O.’d about it though.” Sam said.

“Tell them to deal with it, I don’t like it either, but we could use the help.” Alan walked over to the control panel.

He looked back at the Elite as he motioned him with his rifle to start the initial count down. Bathou’mus nodded as he walked up and placed his enlarged hands on the panel, quickly activating the holographic symbols that popped up allowing him to access the slip space-drive core. He ran a finger across a symbol that quickly flashed green, then red as it beeped twice before the hologram descended back onto the panel. The core flashed a brilliant white as it began to randomly shoot out lines of electricity through the ship, causing it to move uncontrollably as the Elite and Spartan fell to the ground. Alan was the first to get up as he activated his comn instead of helping Bathou’mus, who slowly got to his feet as Alan past by him while giving his report.

“Captain, Core is unstable, retreating back to the Phantom for extraction.” Alan and Bathou’mus ran towards the bridge.

“Finally. Our stealth system gave out a while back, but we've managed to out maneuver the Cruiser. They seem to be catching on though, I don’t know how much longer we can keep this up.”

“SIR!!” Culvertun interrupted. “I’m getting readings that covenant forces are heading towards the bay…..A LOT of covenant forces.”

Alan picked up the pace as they both made it to the half-way mark of the bridge.

“Sir!!” The sergeant’s voice came through as plasma rounds could be heard in the background.

“Sergeant! What’s your status?” Alan said.

“Too many!! Losing control……Noah’s down.” The sergeant shot some more launcher rounds at the masses of Brutes and Jackals that flooded the bay. Only to have them easily replaced by another wave coming through the doors.

“Sergeant. Retreat, we’ll find another way out…” Alan’s voice was cut off by Daniel’s voice coming through on the mic.

“Is that a Wraith?!” Daniel’s face became horrified as the wraith squeezed itself through the double doors, talking aim at the Phantom. But before the plasma motor could fire, a fuel rod round smashed precisely at the cannon, causing the thing to explode into a fiery eruption as the thing was again hit by two more rounds. Two hunters emerged from behind as they charged through the cluster of brutes, creating a path between the Phantom and the doors.

“Sir, those hunters have cleared a way for you, Hurry!!!” Sam’s voice became static as a overcharged plasma pistol waved passed him, making him turn towards that direction only to see hundreds of Brutes and Jackals coming from the opposite side of them. He quickly came to Noah’s side as he tried to grab his turret from him, but was swatted aside by Noah who lifted his helmet off, tossing it to the ground. Sam looked at him, noticing the amount of blood loss scattered across the turret.

“Noah, we need to get you some biofo-“

“No…” Noah grabbed the turret’s handles as he ripped it off the stand. Sam grabbed him by the shoulder trying to stop him.

“What are you doing?!” Sam’s hand slipped off his shoulder as Noah turned around to face his friend, one last time.

“Buying you guys some time.” He said as he jumped down with the turret, and landed with a sickening snapping sound as he stood up again. He limped towards the wave of Brutes who charged madly at him. Even though his legs were snapped, he stood tall and proud, giving the name HELLJUMPERS, it's feared notoriety.

“Fuck you.” Noah said as he gunned down the first row of infantry, Jackals and Brutes fell over as rounds of plasma hit them each in the face. The Brutes took a few more rounds before they surrendered to the fire power of the plasma rounds. Noah took small limps as he continually fired at them. His short hair flew in the breeze as he formed a small smirk on his face.

Daniel made his way to Sam; he grabbed him by the shoulder as Sam stood his ground trying to help his friend below by firing at the ground force with his MA5C.

“It’s too much!!!” he said, “They keep coming, I…..wait where’s Noah?!” He looked down below to see Noah charging the wave of infantry.

“THAT DUMB ASSHOLE!!” Daniel made a gustier to jump out and grab him, but was stopped by Sam.

“He’s buying us time. We need to…” A huge explosion sound echoed throughout the bay as a plasma round from a Wraith traveled up into the air and into the phantom, throwing the marines off balance as they flew out and landed with a thud.

Sam got to his feet just in time to see Noah drop the turret as he switched to his SMG and fired at the wave of brutes. Plasma traveled past him before a lucky shot hit him in his chest plate, sending him to the ground. Still, Noah got back up again quickly before another round struck him in his arm, but once more he got back up and grabbed his pistol. Firing at the crowd of brutes that ran at him, almost reaching him. He shot three square in the face before one swatted his gun away, and picked him up by the throat as it smiled with glee. Noah looked back at the brute, and smiled too as he lifted an unpinned grenade between them with his burnt and charred arm. Sam was about to jump right out to try and save his friend, but the explosion was faster as it engulfed Noah and the Brute as well as anybody in the blast radius.


There was another blast from across the floor. Sam stole a glance at what appeared to be another molten blue orb headed right for them. Time slowed as Sam ran towards Daniel to warn him about the projectile, but the blueish ball exploed on impact as it touched the nose f the phantom. The Phantom rocked from side to side as it crashed into the ground, separating Daniel and Sam from the wave of Brutes that were headed right for them. They got back up as they made their way to the two hunters that shot at the waves of brutes that crawled over the phantom. Reg’lily and Mufeme’ looked back at the Marines as they nodded in a low gruff sound as they used their shields to create a mobile cover for the marines. They slowly made their way to the double doors while the hunters took the blunt of the plasma rounds from the remaining Jackals as they closed behind the double doors. The wraith that brought down the Phantom fired a motor at the hunters, hitting Reg’lily and knocking his bond brother aside as well as Sam and Daniel. Mufeme’ got back up to see the burnt and obliterated corpse of his brother. The Hunter roared with rage as he charged back through the double doors, smashing anything in his way. The Wraith took aim at the hunter, and fired but only to miss the hunter by a few mere meters as it charged the Wraith, with seething hate. The hunter got right up to the Wraith and used all the strength of the Mgaleklogo to flip it upside down. He fired his fuel rod until it exploded into a satisfying blue explosion. And charged at the crowd of Brutes and Jackals, accepting his fate as he swatted a group of Jackals aside like bugs and ran into the masses of his enemies.

Sam ran into the same doors that lead to core where Alan was, but stopped as he noticed his motion sensor picking up an army of red blips making their way to the core. They stopped as they made it to the three-way junction, noticing another army of red blips ahead of them.

“Commander!” Sam shouted as they took cover in a nook behind the large group of enemies that blocked their path.

“Reinforcements! They must have figured out what we’re up to, they are trying to overtake the drive core.” Alan’s voice was barely audible over the amount of fire power him and Bathou’mus were under.

“Sir! There’s another group on their way here.” Sam looked at Daniel who cocked his shot-gun in confirmation.

“We’ll hold them off for ya.” Sam and Daniel moved back towards the hall way, taking cover behind the corner. Before they could get ready, a brute’s corpse was thrown into the wall as Konthou deactivated his energy sword; he then took notice of the humans, who raised their guns at him. Konthou’s dark eyes looked at Sam, his mandibles clicked as they silently made their case of not liking each other.

“Konthou? Where are you?” Bathou’mus took cover behind a part of the thick cables that held the bridge together.

“I was delayed; Brutes are making their way towards your position.” Konthou crouched down as a brute tried to nail him
in the side. But Konthou simply raised himself off the floor as he activated his sword again and stabbed the Brute in its stomach, but that didn’t keep it at bay as it smashed Konthou’s face to the side sending him to the ground next to the marines who opened fire at the impaled Brute, creating a pile of fur and blood. Konthou got back up and retrieved his blade before retreating behind the Marines as they both tossed two grenades behind the corner and ran back behind the nook. An explosion was heard as they readied their weapons for the rest of the brutes to come round.

“Never thought I’d die next to one of you freaks.” Daniel said as he raised his shot gun.

“Same here, human.” Konthou kept a calm air about him as he grabbed the plasma repeater he kept at his side.

“Either way,” Sam looked at Daniel with a sincere smile. “It’s been one hell of a ride.”

Alan was closer to the core than Bathou’mus, who had difficulty reaching his position with a wave of drones that fired on his position. Alan took his time to take out a few of them before going behind cover again.

“Sergeant!” Alan tried to radio to him but only got static. “Captain!! Culvertun!?” Bathou’mus turned his head over as he shouted behind his cover.

“Radio is cut off by the unstable core!!!” He shouted. “Shields are depleted too. The EMP activity within the core is malfunctioning our armor systems!!”

Alan looked at the wave of Brutes trying so desperately to get to the core. Alan shot some more at the drones to give Bathou’mus an opening. Which he gladly took as used his evade to make it closer to Alan’s position, but could only make it to the adjacent pillar of cable as the Brutes hailed another firestorm of spiker and plasma rounds at him. Bathou’mus grunted in pain as spiker lodged itself in his thick leg, oozing purplish blood immediately. Alan Switched back to his fuel rod as he fired a hail of rounds in return to decrease the pressure on them. He then notice that the Brutes were getting more desperate, they charged with a thunderous rumble that echoed throughout the core’s interior. Alan knew he couldn’t win like this, a few rounds of fuel rod ammo, three clips for his needler rifle, and a wounded Elite couldn’t stop a charge like this. He then looked at the large cable pillars; a direct hit would melt each strand individually and cause the whole thing to fall. Alan looked at Bathou’mus who had grabbed a needler gun, trying to pick off some of the leading brutes.

“Bathou’mus!” He shouted. The Elite looked at him, and had a concerned look from within his helmet as Alan aimed the fuel rod at him.

“I’M GOING TO CUT IT!!!” He shouted as Bathou’mus quickly realized why he had pointed the fuel rod at him. With a painful leap, Bathou’mus cleared the final gap between them. Alan fired a round at the pillar as well as some accurate shots at the next few. The initial compact shook the bridge as the Brutes who were only moments from them collapsed into a heap. The bridged groaned as the wires melted and snapped. The Brutes quickly tried to get up, but the Bridged lost its support as it gave way under the collective pressure and sent them all flying to their doom. All but one, as a Chieftain, who used a fellow Brute as a launch pad, flung himself into the air, and right at Alan. The Chieftain had his hammer in a striking pose as to land and smash Alan, but the Spartan’s reflexes were faster. Alan timed his approach; time seemed to slow as he jumped at the chieftain and made contact with a back flip that kicked the chieftain in mid-air, stopping its momentum, and landing back onto the edge of the Core.

Alan looked back at the descending Chieftain to see it toss its arm in the air, releasing a spiker grenade in the air. It traveled past the Spartan’s face, nearly sticking to his helmet. Alan snapped his head back to notice the Chieftain’s little present wasn’t for him as it fell and stuck onto the control panel. An explosion echoed as Bathou’mus was knocked aside unconscious. Alan felt something sharp pierce his arm as the shrapnel from the grenade stuck to his shoulder joint. His arm felt numb, but another problem was already in place as the core slowed its pace. Alan realized it was stuck in a limbo state, he looked at Bathou’mus, noticing the lack of movement, came to the conclusion that he’d need to find another way to disable it. He hefted his fuel rod up on his back, as he began to grab hold of some hanging wires that became unplugged during the firefight. Alan reached into the Shrapnel that had lodged itself in his shoulder muscle, and slowly pulled it out with squirts of blood jumping onto the ground. He tested the strength of the wire before grabbing hold and carefully climbed to get level with the core. His shoulder burst into agonizing pain, but still he kept to his goal.

‘One more…..come on Alan….One more push…..For them…..’ He said as he felt his shoulder muscle rip apart from the amount of pressure. His radio made a static noise as he heard the captain come on again.

“Alan!?! Can you……..Shields are at twenty percent……going on?” Alan struggled to not lose his tiring grip; he hung about fifty feet in the air, seeing the core in his line of sight. He used his helmet’s scope to see what seemed to be the connection point of the core. He aimed slowly, and painfully. Raising the fuel rod’s scope into view, aiming ever so slightly on the target.

“Core controls offline…….manual overload required…..give them hell Captain…” He said as he launched the round towards the exposed target. Alan looked at the fuel rod slowly make its way as he smiled inside his helmet.

‘I’m coming you guys…..’ he thought as the fuel rod round hit directly on the target, creating a massive explosion that was absorbed into the out of wacked core drive, which shot electrical beams in random directions.

“ALAN!!!What...….mean manual over…. “

The radio decimated into a wave of static. Alan slowly closed his eyes as the blinding light washed over him. He felt his grip let go of the wire, as his body floated with the light. Finally feeling what he presumed to be death, slowly blanketing him in a wave of fire.




//Equsetria//

//Train to Canterlot//

Twilight looked out into the night sky. She looked at each individual star, thinking of events that had transpired in her life, and why she was again heading to a place she once thought was the most amazing place to be. Only to find out that it was a party for all the snobs and inconsiderate ponies in all Equstria. At least her friends will be there again, the princess really wanted to have them all there. Twilight looked back into the seats to see all her friends having a wonderful conversation with each other; she heard them recalling the events of what happened last time they were there.

“And then the cake came crashing on me. That pompous Brute put ME in front of the thing, Oh the nerves!!” Rarity’s face glowed red as she imagined strangling the pony who dare to put her wonderful dress into such uncleanness. A few giggles came from the rest of the group as they all remembered.

“Well I have to say Rarity; ya’ll did a mighty job sprucing up our get-up this time around.” Applejack said as she looked at her dress.

“It was nothing darling.”

“I hope the ponies from last time will actually be party animals this time round.” Pinkie said as she jumped from behind the seat.

“Yeah, and I hope the Wonder-bolts will be there again to how incredibly awesome I am.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Of course they will Rainbow Dash,” Fluttershy said as she poked her face through her pink mane. All five crowded around the one seat, continuing their reminiscing as the train moved closer to their destination. Twilight sat down next to a window as she gathered more information about her sudden burst of emotions towards Applejack. Clearly this was a subject she felt was something she could handle, but at the same time didn’t know why this was such a bother to her. Twilight looked back at her friends noticing that they all seemed to be having a good time. She looked at AJ and felt her face flush at the thought of her in that beautiful dress. AJ looked back at Twilight who quickly shifted her attention to the outside world again.

“C’mon Twi!! Don’t be a stranger, come join the gang.” Applejack said as she pushed the crowd of ponies away for Twilight to have some room. Twilight quickly trotted over to her best friends while clearing out any signs of emotions towards her friend.

“Thanks AJ.” She said as she squeezed into the seat next to Applejack.

“Sure thing sugercube.” Applejack said as she locked eyes for a second with her. Twilight formed a hidden blush as she quickly tried to find an excuse to defeat this awkward moment.

“Uh…s-so about Spike not being here, he got an unexpected cold, and I asked AJ’s family to watch over him. Really, thanks again Applejack.” She said with an uneasy grin.

“Sure thing Twi, I told Granny to fix’m up some of our Apple family cold resistant recipes. Little feller’ll be feel’n better in no time.”

“The poor dear, I do hope he gets better soon.” Rarity said.

“Hey the little guy’s more reliant then a brick, he’ll be just fine.” Rainbowdash said.

“Oh, I should bring back a slice of diamond cake for him, he’ll like that.” Pinkie said.

“Ummm. Twilight?” Fluttershy asked as she poked Twilight’s shoulder.

“Yes Fluttershy?”

“Um…what are you going to do different this time around at the Gala?”

“Well before I do anything, I need to talk to the princes about a few things, but I promise I’ll be with you girls during the rest of the party.”

“Yeah, I think following Spike’s advice from last time will actually make this way past cool.” Rainbow dash said.

“Yeah, I mean what could go wrong?” Twilight said as the train made a screeching halt at the train station.





//Equestria//

//Canterlot: the great galloping gala//

The castle was livelier than ever; the food was placed around every corner of the ball, as guests made their way to grab some grub before continuing their business. Celestia stood in her usual position during the greetings. Ponies lined up as they greeted the Princess with a bow.

“Princess.” A Stallion said, as he made a quick bow towards Celestia.

“Thank you for coming, have a pleasant time Lord Cornstalk.” She said in return. Celestia looked behind him to see the awaited group make their way towards her. With a small warm smile, she let them trot up to her as they each made a small bow to her.

“Princess.” Twilight said as she got up as well as the others.

“Thank you all for attending again to the royal gala, I know that last time things got out of hoof, but I do believe that was for the best. Have a wonderful time, and please make sure to not hesitate to enjoy yourselves.”

“Yes princess.” The main six said in unison. All five made their way to the dining area to get started. All but Twilight as she again stood at princess Celestia’s side. Applejack turned her head back at her with a raised eyebrow.

“Now hun, I thought we were going to do things differently this time ‘round.” She said with a bemused face.

“Of course Applejack, I just need to ask the princess one thing.” Twilight said.

“Ok than, just make sure to make your way to us when you’re done.” Applejack said with a smile as she made her way back to the others. Twilight let her eyes fall on AJ’s rump as she made her way to the others. Celestia looked at Twilight’s little wandering eyes as she cracked a smile. Celestia walked right up to her and cleared her throat to get her attention.

“Oh...I.I...Princess” Twilight fumbled about trying to think straight.

“It’s o.k. Twilight.” Celestia said as she motioned her forward to descend down the steps.

“Um princess, How come you’re leaving, isn’t there other guests that will be here?”

“Usually yes, but I do believe last year’s events were too much for some ponies to take, as they will not be attending the gala.”

“I’m so sorry princess,” Twilight hung her head down in shame.

“Oh nonono, I appreciate it. Most of them were the stuck up royal pains that I could barely take.” Celestia stopped when she reached the end of the steps.

“Oh. I see.” Twilight reached Celestia as they continued to walk to the ball.

“I got your letter by the way.” Celestia whispered to her.

“Oh, yeah. That’s what I kinda wanted to ask you.” Twilight said sheepishly.

“Have no fear my faithful student. I’ll do my best to help you.” Celestia said proudly. Celestia felt her inner doubt rise up from the depths of her brain.

“Thank you princess.” Twilight said.

They Gala went on for some time, even though there was less than half of the guests present, the party felt more free with the room it provided. Ponies gathered at the tables, chatting away past experiences and future expectancies. The dance floor had more than half the gusts par-taking in rhythmic moves as they synchronized with the benevolent melodies provided by the orchestra. At one of the tables sat the rest of Twilight’s friends, talking about the events that now transpired before them.

“My, this is certainly refreshing. And no sign of that snob Blueblood.” Rarity pulled out a fan to give herself some more air as she flapped herself.

“Haha, yeah. That guy was a real downer.” Pinkie chimed in. She then pulled a cake out of now where and stuffed the entire piece in her unhinged jaw.

“My pinkie, you better leave some fer the rest of us here.” Applejack said with a shocked expression.

“You’re right, I forgot to get Spike his Diamond cake. I better-“ Pinkie stopped suddenly, which was a surprise to them, as she never ceased to ever stop her continuous motions. Her tail gave a sudden explosion of fur as it started expand and unfurl into different directions. It continued for at least thirty seconds until it finally stopped its spasms.

“Wow, never had one like that happen. Um…girls?” Pinkie looked left and right to find them gone.

“Huh, oh well, time for some cake.” Pinkie then hopped back to the table that held a very large cake coated with sparking frosting that gave the illusion of diamonds, but was a simple vanilla cake underneath.

“You go check.” Applejack said.

“Why the nerves, make a lady with a delicate feature get in harm’s way.” Rarity huffed.

“Fine, you do it then Fluttershy.” Applejack looked at Fluttershy.

“Um….O.K.” She quietly poked her head out from underneath the table to find nothing destroyed.

“Um…..It’s clear to come up…..if you want to, that is.” She sat back into her seat just as Applejack and Rarity made it onto their seats.

“That was terrifying.” Applejack stated.

“Indeed. I think I will go for some punch, care to join me Fluttershy?” Rarity got up from her chair and started to make her way to the punch bowl.

“Sure thing.” Fluttershy lightly fluttered off her chair as she followed Rarity.

(Oh hahaha, I’m hilarious)

[inserting yourself in the story huh Sup3rsay3n? Shameless.....Wait a minute.]

“I guess I’ll just stay and wait for Twilight then.” Applejack said as she sat patiently on her chair. Scanning the room, she noticed that ponies were gathering in couples as they danced. She even noticed a few that were mare to mare couples as well. She thought for a moment, but then was pulled out of her thoughts as she saw Twilight walking towards her table with Celestia at her side. She raised her hoof to get their attention.

“Over er Twilight!!” She shouted.

“Well, here goes princess.” Twilight said to her mentor as she placed a determined hoof forward.

“Just remember what I told you, I know you can do it.” Celestia patted her head playfully as she walked off to one of the food tables. Twilight continued her brave trot with the following thoughts.

“I can do it, I can do it. I’m going to go over there, and tell her exactly how I feel. Nothing will stop me, She will finally know exactly how long I’ve had these feelings and will…..will…….Probably reject me!!Oh my, oh my, what do I do!??!! OH please. What am I supposed to do-“

“Uh Twi?!” Applejack than appeared out of nowhere as Twilight exited her train wreck of self-confidence.

“Oh hi, Applejack.” Twilight felt flustered already.

“I’m so glad ya decided to join us again.”

“Oh me too, you know, anything for a friend. Hehe” She said with an awkward chuckle.

“Hey, do ya wanna dance with me?” Applejack said as she got off from her chair as she wrapped her hoof around Twi’s and lead her to the dance floor.

“Uh….you sure…I mean.” Twilight never felt so scared and relieved at the same time with Applejack holding her hoof in hers.

“Of course Twi, Not’en like dancing with ma best friend. Now shake those hooves!” She said as she let go of Twilight. Twilight felt frozen as she could barely comprehend her sudden invasion from the “friend zone.”

‘O.K. twilight, you can do this.’ Twilight began to mimic Applejack’s gracious movements.

“That’s it sugercube, get in the zone.” She said as she began to dance around Twilight.

“Hey, where are the others anyway?” Twilight said as the orchestra played a faster tempo.

“Rarity and Fluttershy are at the punch bowl over there.” Applejack pointed her hoof at the two mares who giggled softly to themselves.

“Pinkie Pie is being Pinkie. Oh yeah, make sure ya watch out fer a falling object later, cause her tail was a twitching like crazy a moment ago.”

“What about Rainbow?” Twilight ask as she started to dance around Applejack a few times.

“She went to see the Wonderbolts again, just fer a minute, but it’s been a while. I think we should go find her after this.” Applejack said right after the song ended. The ponies gave a round of applause for the band as they continued into their next song. They played a softer melody that soon gave into a couple’s only dance. Some ponies made their way to their seats, others couples stayed to continue their everlasting bliss. Twilight motioned for the seats, but felt a hoof land on her shoulder.

“Where ya think you’re going off to?” Applejack said with a playful tone.

“Uh, I was just going to-“

“Nothing like a little calm music to dance with a friend. Or would you feel uncomfortable with that?” Applejack said with a worried expression, hoping she wasn't stepping past Twilight’s boundaries.

“No, I….um…..Sure, why not?” Twilight said as she grabbed Applejack’s hoof again, as they were lead back into the soft melody of the tune. Their bodies bumped up against each other, each time giving Twilight a secrete warming sensation.

“You know Twi, We sure have been through a’lot.” Applejack said.

“Yeah, I guess we have." She sighed contently. "But I know that if we stay together, we’ll always find a way to beat the odds.” Twilight said as she unknowingly rested her head on Applejack’s shoulder.

“I here ya sugercube.” Applejack’s voice sounded soft and welcoming. Twlight pulled her head back, looking direct into the eyes of her long beloved crush, finding not fear this time, but an opportunity to finally come clean.

“AJ?” Twilight looked dead center at her with a series look on her.

“Yes sugercube?” AJ formed a small, sweet smile.

“I…..I...“ Twilight was cut off by a sudden BOOM throughout the castle as something large crashed through the ceiling. Landing fortunately in the space of the room nopony was occupying. All the ponies quickly hit the dirt when it made a few sparks as it landed in into a streaking halt, dividing the ground apart from each other as it dug deep. Applejack quickly came to Twilight’s side as she picked her up with her hoof.

“Are you O.K. Twi?!” She sounded more concerned than ever.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Hurry, we need to find the princess and the others!” She said as she galloped to the princess who had a protective shield around her and the ponies around her at the table. As soon as she saw Twilight though, the bubble disappeared to allow Twilight to talk to her.

“Are you O.K Twilight?” She said with a concerned motherly tone.

“Yes princess, I and Applejack are looking for the others.”

“We are right here darling.” Rarity said as Fluttershy and Pinkie appeared behind the princess.

“Wait, where’s Rainbow?” Applejack said.

“I have now Idea.” Said Rarity.

“I do hope she’s Okay dokie.” Said Pinkie with a concerned face.

“Rainbow knows how to handle herself.” Rarity said as moral boost for the group.

“My little ponies, we need to secure this area. Make sure nopony got hurt.”

“Uh princess. What exactly happened?” Twilight asked as they all walked in unison to the impact that lay on the ground.

“I’m pretty sure it was a meteorite that escaped our orbit.” Celestia answered.

“Just our luck.” Rarity said.

“Oh dear…I hope the animals are O.K.” Fluttershy said with sadness creeping into her voice.

The group made their way to the object that laid before them. Noticing an unusual color pattern of yellow and blue covering it. And also large spots of red trailing from a hole on its right.

“My, what a peculiar meteorite.” Rarity said.

“I don’t think that’s a rock Rarity.” Twilight said as she used her magic to try and flip the weird object over.

Her magic strained as she used all her force to barley budge the object. She was about to give up, but Celestia and Rarity managed to help her. They managed to flip it on what they could tell to be its front side.

“What-what is it.” Came Fluttershy’s frail voice behind Celestia.

“Might be some kinda space Minotaur.” Applejack said.

“But then how did he get up there?” Rarity asked.

“It could be a science experiment gone wrong.” Celestia suggested.

“Or maybe it’s another failed assault on Canterlot.” Suggested Twilight

“Or maybe it’s an artificial space alien.” Pinkie suggested.

“Or maybe it’s a poor metal bird trying to learn how to fly.” Fluttershy chimed in.

“Or maybe it’s an artificially enhanced space marine from outer space, and was sent here to eat all of us for lunch.” Pinkie said out of nowhere. All of them turned towards her with a confused look.

“Uh, darling, what’s a space marine?” Rarity asked.

“I haven’t the slightest clue.” She said in her usual bubbling voice.

“Ugh.” Came the disgruntle grunt from the metal being as it slowly turned its head to the sounds of voices.

“IT SPEAKS!” Twilight said with a gasped. Celestia lowered her horn in a defensive stance, waiting for anything. The being soon began to move its limbs about, making sure they still worked. It than majestically began to stand up, trying to get as much support from the ground as it lifted itself inside the five-foot crater it left. It stumbled around a bit before it could stand on its own. From where it stood inside the crater it made, its final height reached to Cleestia’s chest. It looked up to her with a strained motion of its helmet. Twilight and the rest stood back while Celestia's horn began to summon up a spell to repel anything this creature was about to do. The being stood motionless, just staring at the princess with no sounds what so ever. He could easily reach out and grab any of them with his monstrous arms and hands. But instead grumbled something barely audible for them to hear.

“I…..I….I’m Spartan 027, and I’m here to kick your covenant…..” The voice soon disappeared as the being fell back again inside the crater, completely unconscious.

Author's Note:

There we go, sorry for the wait.
Note that finals will get in my way for a while. That and me moving to a different place in a month.
Any-waves, I'll be doing my best to get the third part released. But don't expect it anytime soon.
Oh and make sure to be selling apples to the black-market for fitty bucks a pop.
I got mine from a talking tree.

I take it he likes apples?