• Published 14th Mar 2013
  • 556 Views, 9 Comments

The Champions of Equestria - DrakoGlyph



When Discord's long-lost Left Fang is in danger of being found, Equestria must choose its champions to venture into the unknown and protect what Discord lost long ago.

  • ...
2
 9
 556

The Elements of Spirit

Havoc smiled a toothy, evil grin as he crushed them. It was good to be rid of the last competition between him and the world.

That was when the most unexpected thing to ever happen in the world of Equestria befell him. A golden glow came from between his claw and paw, pushing them apart. The three fillies floated there in mid-air, protected by a golden barrier. On each of their necks was a new necklace:

Sweetie Belle’s had a music note in a pink gem; Scootaloo had a wrench in orange; Applebloom had an apple in yellow. When Sweetie Belle opened her eyes, they glowed bright as the sun, giving luminance to the whole Everfree.

“I have one question for you, Havoc,” Sweetie Belle said, but the voice sounded like a mix of all three ponies.

“Ask away, I tire of these games you ponies play.”

“Do you know what you are left with when you remove love and friendship, chaos and harmony?”

“Nothing. The world is defined by Harmony and Chaos, the loves and friendships that we foster. There can be nothing without one of them.”

“Wrong, when you remove Friendship and Love, Chaos and Harmony, you are left with the base of who you are, your spirit. The indomitable part of you.”

“Nice word, Sweetie!” Scootaloo said.

Sweetie blinked and her eyes returned to normal, “Yeah, I don’t even know what it means!”

“Uh, Sweetie, focus,” Applebloom said, noticing the golden field fading as Sweetie got distracted.

“Oh, right!” She blinked again and her eyes glowed again. “The Spirit within everypony cannot be defeated by Harmony or Chaos, for it is the true balance between Harmony and Chaos that makes our lives what they are, for better or worse. You cannot live in a world of just Harmony, and you cannot live in a world of just chaos, these facts are self-evident and are the nature of our universe.”

“Wow, how insightful. But this will not save you. I am the Omega to this universe’s Alpha. There cannot be any force to stop me.”

“That is where you are wrong, Havoc. The spirit that comprises of Passion,” Sweetie’s Element shone bright, “Courage,” Applebloom’s glowed with a brilliant light, “and most of all, Hope,” Scootaloo’s Element glowed brightest of all. “The Spirit is the balance between Harmony and Chaos. You cannot destroy it.”

Each glow, yellow, orange, and pink, created a beam that wrapped itself around the enlarged body of Havoc.

“This isn’t possible! I am Havoc, Ruler of All Chaos! No!” As the body of the Draconequus shrunk, the glow wrapped tighter and tighter until the three fillies could no longer see Havoc, and they landed softly on the ground.

The glow soon enveloped another sphere, creating a sort of double helix that the Cutie Mark Crusaders could see through. The transformation began, turning the mirror image of Discord into another form that was recognizable as a Draconequus, with a lion paw, eagle claw, mismatched horns, but everything about this new figure seemed feminine, and beautiful.

In the other side, Discord appeared. Applebloom knew it had to be Discord because, after a small turn on her part, it was the right fang that was present. The dangerous Left Fang floated between them, and from it the screech of Havoc’s final word could be heard as he was once more trapped inside.

Discord watched this all unfold from his new position, in the real world.

“Harmony?”

“Discord?”

The glow faded away, letting the pair come to each other as the fang hit the ground.

“Oh, how I have missed you, Harmony, all these long years.”

“Discord, I… I hope you can forgive me, I believed so foolishly that I could save you from the darkest part of yourself instead of helping you.”

“Forgive you? You never did anything wrong, it was all him. It was Havoc who destroyed our world.”

“Come here, you big lug,” she said, bearing a grand smile and the two Draconequui hugged.

“Blech!” Scoots protested, “namby-pamby again!”

“You say that now, but I heard you up there when we were about to be crushed, Scoots,” Applebloom smiled.

“Not a word of that to anypony back home.”

“Pinkie Promise,” Applebloom smiled.

“Now, I think we have some rectifying to do,” Discord said, leading them out of the Everfree, carrying the infernal fang.

In the following weeks, the story of how three little fillies saved the world continued to spread. Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were revered by their classmates as heroes, though Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon wouldn’t let themselves be caught dead praising them.

Applebloom was proud of her roots, and her family was happy to have her home safe. This fact alone probably saved Twilight’s life from the back hooves of a certain red stallion’s double buck. She tended to the apple farm with her sister happily, bearing the Element of Spirit that she represented: Courage.

Sweetie Belle started learning magic so much faster now that she had the confidence of having saved the world behind her. She may not have been any good at designing clothes, but she loved to sing to herself while she tried anyway.

Twilight researched the Elements of Spirit and found a single entry in a long forgotten tome by Star Swirl the Bearded about the time of Two Draconequui, when one created the Elements of Harmony, the other created the Elements of Spirit. She brought this up to Discord, who swore he knew nothing of the sort.

Discord and Harmony resumed where they left off. With the additional power of Harmony, the Elements she created so long ago were restored for the six who bore them. With the combined power of the Elements of Harmony, the Elements of Spirit, the two Draconequui, Celestia, Luna, and the power of Cadence and Shining Armor’s love, the Fang was destroyed for good, taking Havoc with it when it disappeared, never to be seen again.

Luna and Celestia could only bow to the three fillies, knowing that there was a large debt that they owed them. Though, they didn’t want it to go straight to their heads. Celestia saw potential in the Cutie Mark Crusaders, something she saw at the beginning of this adventure, something she knew that Twilight would foster in them.

Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash were all glad to have their sisters back. Rainbow Dash continued to mentor Scootaloo, and promised that she was twenty percent cooler than she ever thought she was.

The biggest change, though, was probably for dear Scootaloo, who, having learned that she bore the Element of Hope, would never give up in her fight to overcome the tragedy and misfortune that had befallen her when she was younger. She decided that her friends and her family now was all that really mattered.

And the World was saved, three little fillies with heart and spirit to spare, in a time most dire. Perhaps there was a lesson here to be learned, that perhaps even the least of us contribute to the world in ways more significant than we could ever know, we just need to keep our Spirit alive: Have the Courage to do what we’re Passionate for, and keep Hope that some day our efforts will be rewarded.

Comments ( 2 )

2715157
It's now finished :yay:

The review of your story by the Pleasant Commentator and Review Group is complete.

You may find it here.

Login or register to comment