• Published 31st Jan 2012
  • 2,424 Views, 10 Comments

Knight of the Pony - Mush



KITT and KARR end up in Equestia. Can KITT find and defeat his rival before KARR corrupts ponies?

  • ...
0
 10
 2,424

Chapter 5: Power Struggle

Knight of the Pony
(Equestria)

“Come on KARR! Please?!” Scootaloo begged. She was sat on the bonnet of KARR peering into the cabin with pleading eyes. It was nearly dark out and she wanted some fun before she had to go home and eventually to bed.

“Request denied, Scootaloo. I do not have enough power to fulfil your request.” KARR replied in the same emotionless voice as ever.

“Come on. How much power does it take to use the ‘Eject Right’ button again? I went really high last time!” Scootaloo persisted to bug KARR. Earlier, she had managed to persuade KARR to open his doors so she could have a look inside. When she pressed ‘Eject Right’ on the dashboard, she was shot up into the air by KARR, much to the amusement of the other two CMC on the ground. Scootaloo couldn’t fly yet, but she could glide somewhat, and she thought she was pretty good at it, and KARR shot her far higher than she could ever jump or find a ledge of that height.

“To answer your question Scootaloo, more power than I currently have in my batteries. I cannot give you figures, Wilton Knight programmed me to secrecy about the voltage and amps that I require to use my facilities.” KARR answered. Scootaloo didn’t really understand what just happened, or who Wilton Knight was.

“So that a definite, absolute, final ending no?” Scoot looked a little upset. “Spptttt” She spat, assumingly expressing the she was gutted she couldn’t fly or she was impersonating a fart. Either way, she turned and started to trot slowly away from KARR. ‘Who knows how long it will take KARR to charge off of the sun alone. I may never get to go in the air like that again. ‘If only we had another source of power that KARR could use.’ Scoot thought to herself ‘...hay, wait. Twilight must have a plug or something to get electricity into Spike’s televemission thingy!’ She came up with a plan. She turned around to face KARR again. “Hay KARR!” She yelled.

“What now Scootaloo.” KARR said, almost sounding annoyed.

“I know where you can get more power!” Scootaloo jumped up and down on the spot, flapping her itty bitty wings. “Follow me!” With those final frantic words Scootaloo buzzed down the hill with KARR following at a fair distance behind.

---

Lyra trotted slowly up the hill toward KITT. Bon-Bon had given her the duty to tell KITT where to go to get plugged in and charging off of something more substantial than the now setting sun. She approached him and tapped on his window lightly.

“KITT, wakey wakey. Time to get power.” She said into the glass.
Inside the cabin of KITT, some lights flashed on going down the dashboard. Eventually the dash itself was glowing with little LEDs and some beeping things. KITT’s voice box flashed red a few times and more lights and beepers lit up and beeped. Lastly, his scanner started pinging the little red light across. The whole boot-up process took just under a minute. “Boot-up sequence complete. Oh, hello Lyra.”

“Evening KITT, time to go to Twilight’s and get some power.” Lyra said again to KITT. “Here, follow me, I’ll take you on a route that has not many ponies.” Lyra trotted off toward Twilight’s library, taking a wide berth around a small house with disco music and flashing lights.

“Lyra, what is going on in that building?” KITT asked. Lyra knew this question was coming, she could see it a mile away (seriously, the lights were really bright)
“That, KITT, is what we call a Pinkie Party. A new colt just moved in and Pinkie Pie is throwing him a party to welcome him to the party.” Lyra explained.

“That does not look like any Party I have ever seen. When Michael used to go into parties, he used to come out with a girl on each arm, but none ever had lights a bright as those.” KITT replied. He was definitely fond of Michael, being his driver for three years tends to do that to an automated car.

“Who’s Michael?” Lyra aksed. Obviously this question was coming.

“My driver back on earth. I ejected him from my cabin to spare his life before the collision with KARR that brought us here.” KITT explained. However, Lyra wasn’t paying much attention to KITT, she was paying more attention to whatever song was playing inside the party.

“Darn. I think I can hear Vinyl Scratch’s top hit in there. I love that song.” Lyra said to herself. KITT saw and heard what Lyra was thinking and subsequently did something about it. She scanned the music playing inside the house, cleaned it of partying ponies and amplified various bits of the song so it sounded as if it was coming straight off of the record. KITT turned on his external speakers, which Michael bugged Bonnie forever to have installed, and gave Lyra a nice surprise.

“Spin that record Vinyl Scratch and never stop the music!” His speakers bellowed, heavy dance music then followed, the end result was an excited Lyra trying to dance to the beat. After some serious raving later, KITT turned the amplifier off and silence fell upon the pair. Lyra turned to KITT with a huge smile on her face.

“Wow, thanks KITT! I didn’t know you could do that!”

“It’s just one of my many functions.”

“We’re approaching Twilight’s place now. Stay here, I’ll go and knock.” Lyra trotted up to the door and raised a hoof to knock. Before she did, she heard commotion inside and some yelling. She peered through the door handle to see Twilight galloping madly away from her rear glass doors. A rather large smash came from the direction of the glass doors. Lyra couldn’t see what it was, but she heard it speak.

“Are you Twilight Sparkle?” It said. By this time Twilight was cowering against a book case, whatever it was scared her. She nodded in response. “Is this your home?” It asked again, another nod. “Then you LIED to me. HAND IT OVER.” It bellowed, however its voice seemed to lack personality. Lyra thought it best to back away from the door now and head to KITT to see if he can help.

“Whats wrong, you didn’t knock and I heard a smash inside?” KITT asked.

“I don’t know! Can you do that fancy scan thing and see what it is?” Lyra asked, sounding panicky.

“There is one pony, one lizard like creature, an owl and... KARR!?” KITT exclaimed as much as he could. “But I saw him explode! It can’t be KARR! I’ll do a re-scan. Pony, owl, lizard and KARR, again! Lyra, get in.” KITT ordered as he opened his
doors.

“Why, what’s going on?” Lyra asked, getting in and sitting awkwardly (not for her).

“There is a pony in there and it is in grave danger. The thing in there is a cold hearted killing machine.” With that warning, KITT accelerated over to the tree and manoeuvred around to the already broken glass doors. Indeed there was a grey and black Trans-Am with licence plate KARR inside, pinning a small purple lizard against the wall. KITT’s audio enhancement activated and revealed what was going on inside.

“Give me power, Twilight. Or the lizard gets crushed.” KARR threatened.

“Just give it to him!” Spike yelled, obviously in panic.

“I don’t know what he wants!” Twilight protested. Sweating and trying to prise Spike free of KARR’s front end.

“He wants my plug in my bedroom Twi! Can’t you see that? He’s a robot and he has come for power!” Spike yelled.

“That can’t be right, robot’s don’t exist.” Twilight argued. “Too many television shows for you, young dragon. Now, what do you want, KARR. Tell me and I’ll get it for you.” Twilight was trying to act calm, and failing seeing as her smile was less than strait and her mane was equally as askew.

“The ‘dragon’ Spike, is correct. I am the Knight Automated Roving Robot, and I require POWER.” KARR was definitely almost annoyed, or he actually was annoyed but his monotone didn’t let him express it.

“Oh.” Twilight deadpanned. She looked at KARR, examining his bonnet. “Where do I plug you in? Also, let Spike go.” Twilight said. KARR reversed away from the wall, allowing Spike to breathe a sigh in relief. A small panel opened up where the fuel filler cap would be and a small cable fell out unceremoniously on to the floor.

“Plug this in.” KARR stated the obvious.

“Ok, will do. You could’ve just asked instead of destroying my window, threatening my assistant and driving INSIDE my home.” Twilight chided. “You’re also paying for that window breakage. I didn’t forget that.” Twilight said as she trotted up the stairs with KARRs wire in magic.
Outside, KITT and Lyra were watching the whole event unfurl.

“KITT. What just happened?” Lyra asked, very confused. “Why didn’t we help?”

“KARR is back, and as mean as ever by the looks of things. And I don’t want him to know I am here, if he thinks he is alone, he will let his guard down then we can destroy him.” KITT replied as he reversed away from the library.

“Destroying him seems a little harsh for just breaking a window.”

“KARR is a menace and always has been. For the past few days back where I came from; he nearly killed a man with a pacemaker, nearly burnt a woman alive, stranded two men on a bridge that was collapsing and shot me with a laser three times.” KITT was now driving slowly away from the library.

“Ouch.” Lyra responded.

“Exactly. Now, I still need charging. Could we not get power at that party?” KITT asked, turning toward the house that was glowing.


“In theory, yes. But it will be tricky seeing as most of the town is in that one house.”

“How do they fit in?”

“Pinkie Pie. That is all. Right, let’s see if we can do this without causing a riot. Can you go silent or something KITT?”

After the request, a ‘Silent Mode’ button depressed on KITT’s dashboard, right near where Lyra was sitting. She looked at the button and made a deadpan face.

“Of course, obviously.”

Comments ( 5 )

Well hay look. I can post comments now!
Anyways, glad you lot are enjoying it, if you see anything wrong like a spelling error or a grammar mistake, just say so.

I apologise for the huge gap between the last chapter and the next, real life comes first I am afraid.

I'm very impressed with how well you captured KITT KARR and earlier the Hoff

236720
When will you get the story finished?

it can't just end there, we need to know what happens next.

Login or register to comment