• Published 31st Jan 2012
  • 2,424 Views, 10 Comments

Knight of the Pony - Mush



KITT and KARR end up in Equestia. Can KITT find and defeat his rival before KARR corrupts ponies?

  • ...
0
 10
 2,424

Chapter 2: Move, Equine!

Knight of the Pony

(Equestria)

Somewhere, deep in Whitetail wood, small pinprick of light appeared out of nowhere. An earth pony going for an afternoon stroll spotted the light and approached it.

“Well, isn’t this a curiosity!” She said, eyeing the spec. She was watching it closely and saw that it was expanding slowly. She decided it was a good idea to back step a little bit, give the dot some room. Without warning, the dot expanded to three times that the size of the pony watching it. “What in Equestia?” The pony said, dumbstruck. Moments later, a large black object was ejected from the light source at incredible speeds and crashed through some trees before coming to a stop. The ever curious pony trotted up to the black thing, and she heard it making an occasional pulsating noise coming from the pointy end of it. She trotted around and saw a little red light pinging back and forth, making the pulsating noise.

“Michael!” The black thing said. The pony jumped back, shocked. “Michael, can you read me, come in Michael!” The thing kept saying. The pulsating noise picked up and the light flashed faster. “My scanners indicate that KARR has been ACTION NOT FOUND. That’s odd; the information for this situation has not been entered into my databanks. In that case this must not be a regular situation.”

The pony was stood still as a statue, wearing a face of pure terror and somewhat confusion. KITT reversed slightly and positioned himself facing the pony, which was still playing statue. “Equine, I know it may be in your instincts to just be still when a danger introduces itself, but I do not like animal company. Now scat! Skidaddle!”

The pony just stood there, same expression, same position.

“Vamoose! Arrivederci! GO AWAY!” KITT moved slightly toward the pony. “I don’t want to hurt you, Equine, I just would like you to go away.”

“Th... that’s a bit rude, isn’t it?” The pony finally spoke, still scared stiff.

“Fascinating, this animal has gained the power of speech.” KITT said to himself. “This must be the first conversation between a car and a horse ever.”

“Excuse me, Mr. Whatever-you-are. I am a pony, not a horse. And, as a matter what are you? Don’t kill me!” She cowered.

“I am the voice of the Knight Industries Two Thousand’s micro-processor. K.I.T.T for easy reference, KITT if you prefer.” KITT reeled off his stock speech, the same one he used when meeting Michael.

“I am... er... Bon-Bon Sweet, the earth pony, Miss Sweet for easy reference, Bon-Bon if you prefer.” She decided to copy what KITT said, for some reason.

“Good, I will enter your name and the fact that your species can talk into my databanks.” KITT acknowledged Bon-Bon. “Now, I don’t suppose you can tell me where I am?”

“You are in... I mean, your current location, Mr. KITT, is Whitetail woods in the Kingdom of Equestria.” Bon-Bon stated, a bit confused, but trying to sound intelligent.

“I do not know of any place called Equestria. Are you sure that is correct?” KITT responded, checking his databanks for any hits at Equestria.

“Well, know it or not, that is where you are, Mr. KITT.” Bon-Bon retorted, she was fed up of being made a fool of.

“That information has been entered into my databanks. Can you direct me to the nearest town.” KITT asked, scanning ahead of him to confirm that he was indeed in a wood.

“Behind you, I was just on my way there when you just appeared. Do you want to follow me back near the town? I don’t think going in is a good idea seeing as the rest of the town, bar one pony, will react in the same way I did.”

“You have a point, Bon-Bon. Would you like a lift to town?” KITT opened his passenger door. Bon-Bon approached slowly, still a little freaked.

“Are you some kind of cart?” Bon-Bon asked, having seen the wheels and the door.

“I am the voice of the Knight Industries Two Thousand’s micro-processor. K.I.T.T for easy reference, KITT if you prefer.”

“Never mind.” She got in the door and sat uncomfortably in the seat. “How does Lyra sit like this?” After she was in, KITT shut the door and drove of slowly, following the directions being given in transit by Bon-Bon. The pair trundled through the woods, the only sound being that of KITT’s scanner, identifying the path through the trees. Bon-Bon tried to make conversation.

“Sooo... are you some kind of robot?” She asked.

“I am the voice of the Knight..” KITT started to reply again.

“Not that again! Answer with a different sentence for Celestia’s sake!”

“I am a computer built into a car, to put it bluntly.”

“A comu-what-now?”

“Let’s just go with calling me a robot for now, since technically I am one considering the name of my twin. Speaking of which, have you seen another robot like me around here?”

“Er... no, just you Mr. KITT.” Bon-Bon replied, kind of off guard by the question.

“I agree, my scanners are not picking up any traces of KARR.”

“And car is...”

“My predecessor, the prototype of me. He is identical in every way apart from his core programming...” KITT started to explain.

“Lost me.” Bon-Bon interrupted, passing a hoof over her head to show it has gone over her.

“Did we make a wrong turn?”

“It’s just a phrase, KITT, just keep going for now.” Bon-Bon replied. ‘This is going to be a long trip back to Ponyville, I can tell.’