• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 6,690 Views, 392 Comments

My Little Warcraft - New Friends - Shin Guyviroth



When a blood elf is thrown from one world to another, he must contend with the increasing discomfort as he deals with talking ponies, a world ruled by animals, and an ever-growing fear of Pinkie Pie. Will he find his way back home?

  • ...
15
 392
 6,690

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 16 - Squeaky Clean

Back at the Golden Oaks Library, there didn't seem to be much commotion as there was a few hours ago. The town square was a lot quieter than it was in the early morning although this was likely due to most of the ponies doing their early shopping while others were heading off to their workplace. Still, there were little scatters of pony-folk who still hung around the streets, providing the atmosphere with a sociable vibe, idly talking among their peers as the day went by.

Inside was much more of a different story. The air wasn't filled by the noise of small talk and conversations, but rather the clattering of kitchen utensils. The library had a scattering of various sacks and cartons, ranging from flour, milk, sugar, cinnamon and other ingredients generally used for baking. Whoever was utilizing these ingredients was making a messy job of it; the sack of flour was almost completely on its side, allowing the contents to spill lightly on the floor, while the tablespoon used for measuring the sugar was on the floor, away from the sugar container.

"Oooooh, I can't wait to try this," Spike spoke to himself in utter excitement. The little dragon held a large glass bowl in one hand while stirring the mixture inside it with a long wooden spoon. He kept his eyes on a cook book in front of him, showing the recipe of a large two-tiered cake. "and I really can't wait to see what you taste like!" Spike shifted his head from the cook book, looking at a large diamond sitting on the table beside him. For a moment, the dragon began to drool but quickly composed himself; he didn't want any drool in his cake batter.

Spike paused for a moment and let go of the spoon, letting it fall to one side of the bowl. Reaching out, he picked up the diamond and held it close to his face. He marveled at its utmost perfect clarity as though it was made out of glass, but it was in his draconic instincts that he knew that this was the greatest of all gemstones. He began to turn his hand to see the light refract through its faces, causing it to give off a rainbow-like projection of light as it passed through. "Oh gosh, I just can't wait to taste you," at this point, Spike was all but possessed by his lust for the gem. "maybe… maybe one little bite will be okay…"

Suddenly, a huge crash came from the front of the library. The door swung wide open, revealing a mortified Gai'vahros panting heavily as he tried to get his breath back from sprinting half the length of the village as quickly as he could. "Stop right there!" Gai'vahros yelled out, his arm stretched and pointed at the little dragon who was still holding the diamond close to his mouth. "I can't let you do that, Spike!"

"W-what? But I'm making a cake!" Spike cried out, but it was of no use. Gai'vahros ran across the room, leaping over the table, where everything that Spike was using sat, knocking over the cook book and pouncing on the baby dragon. The poor dragon fell backwards, flinging both the diamond and his mixture into the air. "N-no! My cake!"

"Ah! My diamond!" Gai'vahros looked up in shock as he saw the gem fly towards the center of the room. As quickly as he could, he tried to scramble to his feet but, with a small soft dragon underneath him, he found it difficult to try and get up without stomping on him. In desperation, the blood elf scrambled only to one foot and, with all the strength he could muster, pushed off of his strong leg and made a dive for the diamond. Landing belly first on the tree trunk table in front of him he stretched out his hand as the diamond fell, managing to grasp it. "Haha! I've got--" without a moment's pause, so did Gai'vahros catch the bowl of cake batter, except the wrong way up, on the top of his head. "…it…"

"Gai'vahros! Are you okay?" A voice called out from the side of the blood elf. Twilight rushed in through the door to see the commotion but ended up looking more at the scenery than at the humiliated Gai'vahros. "Wha… what happened in here?" Twilight was speechless as she found parts of the library covered in white powder, as well as a few pieces of furniture knocked over and her assistant knocked prone.

At almost as soon as Twilight spoke, Rainbow Dash turned up just outside the doorway, looking around before bellowing a huge fit of laughter while holding her stomach. "Haha! Gai, what're you doin' with a bowl on your head?" the pegasus didn't know what was funnier; the image of seeing an awesome knight slumped over a stump with a bowl on his head, or the fact that cake batter was dripping down his face and shoulders.

"HE'S what happened, Twilight," yelled Spike as he got up, visibly frustrated at Gai'vahros, pointing towards the slumped elf. "I was making a jewel cake and then he comes busting in, yelling at me, and then pounced on me!"

"And not a moment too soon." Gai'vahros finally gained composure as he pushed himself off the stump with his free hand, still holding the diamond in the other. Taking the bowl off his head, he felt a shiver down his spine as he began to feel the cold cake batter drip over his forehead and seep through his hair onto his scalp. "Ugh… my hair… twice in two days…"

Twilight, however, felt more sorry for the distraught blood elf than she did for her favourite assistant. Walking over to Gai'vahros, she gave a soft sigh as she picked the diamond from his hands with her magic. "Spike, this jewel isn't for you," she said in a disappointed tone towards Spike, making her way over to a nearby desk and setting the diamond down. "Rarity gave this Gai'vahros so he can cut it for her."

"R-Rarity gave it… to Gai…?" Spike muttered quietly. Inside, he could feel his heart begin to crack, distraught that she would give something so amazing to a guy she'd only know for a day at the time. "But, what was it doing in my bag?" the dragon asked with a confused look on his face.

"What do you mean "in your bag"?" Twilight responded, equally baffled as to what Spike was yammering about. "The diamond was in the bag I took yesterday, along with those bottles of lotion for Rarity."

"But, Twilight, your bag was here all day hanging over there." Spike pointed to a small coat hanger fixed onto the wall, holding a small beige satchel with two books inside.

"O-oh… I must have taken your bag by accident, Spike. I was wondering why there were so many sheets of paper inside it, though I thought they were just notes." Twilight sighed as she walked over to Spike with an apologetic look on her face. "I'm sorry, Spike. It was because of my rushing around that all this happened."

"It's no big deal, Twilight," Spike said as he hugged Twilight's leg. "I just wish I got to taste that awesome diamond."

"Oh, don't worry, little Spike," Gai'vahros spoke up in a more relaxed manner while using a spray bottle in his backpack to get most of the mixture out of his locks and off his face. "you can still make that jewel cake of yours when I'm finished with the diamond."

"Y-you really mean it!?" Spike exclaimed, his eyes lighting up at the thought of having his diamond jewel cake.

"Sure. When jewel-cutting, there's always going to be shavings that are usually discarded or cut into smaller gems. Whatever shavings I don't need, you can have. Okay?"

"Chyeah that's okay," Spike jumped with joy as he could finally get to make his cake. "thanks so much, Gai. You're the best! Well, Twilight's the best, naturally, but you're definitely a close second!"

"My pleasure. But, I think we'd better tidy up. After that, I could do with a bath…"

The group were more than capable of revitalizing the library within an hour or so. Twilight began to use her magic in order to put some of the books back on the shelf that had been knocked from their places during Spike and Gai'vahros' scuffle. Rainbow Dash used her powerful wings to create small gusts of wind to blow the clouds of dust and smoke from the flour out the windows. Spike was occupied with the washing up and replacing all of the things that he had taken out when he was making his cake. Lastly, Gai'vahros helped out by wiping down the surfaces and cleaning the floors, desks and walls of any dirt and stains, all the while mumbling about the cake batter drying in his hair.

"Whew," Twilight wiped her brow with a hoof, looking around as to how much cleaner the place looked. "I thought it would take a lot longer than that."

"Pfft, if I was on my own I coulda got this all done in ten seconds flat!" Rainbow Dash scoffed at Twilight's remark as she crossed her forelegs over her chest.

"And you probably would have blown all the books and furniture out the window, too," Gai'vahros made a little quip, followed by a humoured laugh. Twilight and Spike joined in with the laughter while Rainbow Dash turned her head to the side and huffed. "but I must insist I go take a bath or something."

"Ah, I know just the place." Twilight said with a smile on her face.

A half an hour later, Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Spike found themselves laying on long silken masseuse beds, each one laying on their backs as they began to relax, settling themselves in. A few spa ponies were available to the trio, offering their services should any of them require them.

"Ah, it's been a long while since I've had the chance to relax like this." Twilight cooed as she rolled over onto her side, looking at Rainbow Dash. "Don't you think this is great, Rainbow Dash?"

"Well yeah," Rainbow Dash said in a rather reluctant voice as she kept eyeing one of the spa ponies. "but she keeps coming over here with that file, like she wants to give me a hooficure or something."

"Well of course she would, you agreed to have the 'small package'; that's a massage, hot bath and hooficure. It's not like anyone comes into the spa for a small package and not get a hooficure."

"Well I didn't know what I was getting." Rainbow Dash snapped back at Twilight. Stretching her wings a little, she rolled over to the other side and watched one of the doorways at the back of the spa. "Speaking of which, when is Gai gonna finish in there? It doesn't take this long to get changed, right?"

"I don't know, Rainbow Dash. I mean, I would think taking off those clothes and armor would take some time. Probably not twenty minutes, but still..."

"Hey, Gai," Rainbow Dash called over to the dressing room, "you done in there yet?" Rainbow Dash was expecting a quick reply but, after waiting for a moment, there was no such thing. The pegasus instead turned to one of the nearby spa ponies. "Uh, excuse me?"

"Oh, miss, you would like that hooficure now?" a pink spa pony with bright blue eyes answered Rainbow Dash while holding a file between her teeth.

"Uh, no, no thanks," Rainbow Dash declined as she shifted her rear legs away from the spa pony. "could you, uh, check on our friend?"

"Oh, I'm sorry," the spa pony apologized, hoping that it wouldn't offend Rainbow Dash. "your friend said he was going to be a while and… uh, he asked that we don't check in on him while he's changing."

"Aw, man," Rainbow Dash moaned as she hit the back of her head against the soft pillow of the bed. "How long is he gonna be!?"

Just at that moment, the door slowly began to open, causing everyone within the spa to turn around. Even the customers who had been here before the gang's arrival, who had noticed Gai'vahros as well, turned in anticipation to see the blood elf make his entrance. After a brief pause, Gai'vahros poked his head around the door and put one leg out. Even though he was used to being bare around Twilight, he wasn't comfortable being stark naked, minus a long bath towel around his waist that hung to his ankles, around a huge crowd. The more he looked, the more faces he counted; around fifteen ponies, all with their eyes on him. Standing tall and with a huge blush on his face, Gai'vahros stepped out fully. His body was toned, showing off his musculature, which began to make many of the ponies blush-- Rainbow Dash included.

"Anar'alah, this is so embarrassing…" Gai'vahros mumbled to himself. He began to walk over to the nearby hot tub before being intercepted by a spa pony.

"Oh, Sir, I'm glad everything is in order," the pony spoke, smiling as she looked up to Gai'vahros. However, she was unable to take her eyes off him for a moment. "is there anything I can do for you?"

"O-oh, no, thank you," Gai'vahros replied with an awkward smile on his face; he just wanted to quickly get into the bath, wash himself down, and get out of there. "I appreciate the hospitality." the spa pony gave a little nod as she went about her business again.

"Why are you wearing that towel, Gai'vahros?" Twilight called out. It was strange to her that Gai'vahros would need a towel considering he was only going to have a bath.

"W-why? Because… because I'm cold," Gai'vahros quickly replied with an excuse, "and I don't have a fur coat to keep me warm like you ponies do."

"Hey, Gai," Rainbow Dash said, watching the blood elf move across the room. "you do know you're gonna have to take that towel off before you get in the bath, right?"

It was as if time had stopped for the Gai'vahros. Rainbow Dash' words began to seep into his mind; he did, indeed, need to take off the towel. Frozen in place, his eyes shifted to Rainbow Dash as her and Twilight kept gazing at him. The longer they stared, the more nervous he got. Thankfully, all of the other customers had gotten over the novelty of seeing a half-naked elf in their spa, so they weren't paying him much attention.

'My god. I completely didn't think that through!' Gai'vahros thought to himself as he made his way up the steps to the bath. Bashfully, he looked around but, like a rock star on center stage, he noticed that he was the most noticeable person in the spa, standing on the highest elevation in the building beside the huge tub. Now all eyes were on him. Quickly, without thought, the Blood Elf hopped over the side and landed feet first into the tub while still wearing the bath towel. The ponies looked on in confusion as he vaulted over the edge, still in the towel, and watched as the blood elf took the towel out of the water and set it on the floor beside him. "Ah, that was easy enough…" Gai'vahros murmured to himself with a smile on his face, leaning back against the side with his arms draped over it.

"Gai'vahros, you're supposed to remove the towel BEFORE getting into the bath," Twilight yelled out across the room, feeling embarrassed that he did such a thing. "Isn't that how you do things in your world, too?"

"Oh… uh, no, we don't do that in our world," Gai'vahros replied with an uneasy smile while dipping his head into the water, wetting it and rinsing his hair out for any dried cake mixture. "It's considered polite to not show your naked body to other people, so we remove our towels after getting into a bath."

"Yeah, right. I bet he's hiding something." Rainbow Dash called out Gai'vahros on his bluff, who only responded with a small blush though it was hidden behind his long locks of hair. "Doesn't matter, anyway; he still has to try and get out of the tub without a towel, now."

Gai'vahros looked up at the pony and then over the side of the tub. Trying to lean over the edge, Gai'vahros extended his arm to try and reach the towel but it was too far for him to grab without standing up. Naturally, he couldn't afford to do that.

"There's always something in a plan that has to go wrong…"

PreviousChapters Next