• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 6,690 Views, 392 Comments

My Little Warcraft - New Friends - Shin Guyviroth



When a blood elf is thrown from one world to another, he must contend with the increasing discomfort as he deals with talking ponies, a world ruled by animals, and an ever-growing fear of Pinkie Pie. Will he find his way back home?

  • ...
15
 392
 6,690

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4 - Needle and Thread

The veteran, Gai'vahros, and his new associate, Twilight, ventured from the tree-built library along a different path that seemed to be scattered with cobbles but was largely made of grass. The way was flanked from the north and south by rows of cottages that were only slightly smaller than what existed on Azeroth, although it had been a while since Gai'vahros had actually seen Alliance-esque architecture. In a way the elf seemed calm at the sight of what was recognizable within a world whose natural workings were much different than what was back home.

"So, Lady Twilight," Gai'vahros began, looking down at the lavender equine, with which his tone was that of curiosity, "what kind of skill does your tailor friend have? Expert? Artisan? Master?" The elf was more inclined to refer to certain professions by a skill category, as was the norm back on Azeroth, although it was unbeknownst to him that Equestria doesn't have such titles.

"I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at, Gai'vahros," Twilight replied as she looked up to the side of him, not so close but perhaps a few inches apart. She was confused by such titles and, even to her, she didn't know whether or not these titles existed in Equestria or not, though certainly not in Canterlot, "but she is a great tailor. She once made us all dresses to the Grand Galloping Gala! You should have seen what she made for us with... well, not so much help from us..." She began to remember about the time when her and her friends went a bit too demanding for the first set of dresses, which didn't turn out so astonishing.

"Well, she can't be of too high a rank or of much skill if she can't create a magic carpet." Again, Gai'vahros' ignorance of professions began to weigh him down as he belittled Rarity's talents, although not out of spite or bad intention. "I mean surely she would be able to make one if she had the materials?"

"For the last time, Gai'vahros, we do NOT make flying carpets! I mean, sure, there's probably a spell or two in the Royal Library's scrolls that will let us make a carpet fly, but tailors cannot make magic carpets!" It seemed that they had kept circling this conversation for some time, although Gai'vahros couldn't get his head around the fact that a high level tailor couldn't make a flying carpet.

"..." Gai'vahros paused for a moment before he came to a sudden, and wrong, conclusion. "So perhaps she just decided not to bother learning how to make magic carpets?" The blood elf felt rather sure of himself.

"Ugh." Twilight was starting to show signs of her frustration with the constant questioning of Rarity's tailoring and magic carpets. "Yes, Gai'vahros, that's exactly right. She just didn't want to learn how to make flying carpets..."

It seemed that throughout the entirety of their conversation neither of them had taken notice that the village was much more lively than before, what with many a pony out around the town conversing with each other, buying their shopping at the market stalls, playing and such. However, activity seemed to cease from mass enactment to a slow crawl as the ponies turned to watch Twilight and to stare at the shining elf that stood several inches taller than the mare and every other pony around. It seemed that with their unsettling conversation over the two of them took notice of the gawking.

"Oh, Hello. Hello there. Good Morrow. A fine day, yes?" Gai'vahros gave a slight wave to those who he turned to catch their attention, but most ponies he had greeted within a warmth manner did not seem to return the favour except giving uncomfortable smiles or quickly turning away from his emerald eyes. "I don't think they're taking a liking to me, my Lady Twilight." the blood knight stated quietly within earshot of his companion.

"They're just not used to seeing new, uh, people." Twilight gave a hesitant reply as to how exactly to address Gai'vahros by species, though the common form seemed appropriate to her. "Every-pony is just afraid of the unknown, so to say. They'll get to know you in time. Don't worry, Gai'vahros."

"I can only imagine what they would do if I were alone. Probably form a mob and declare a man-hunt for the dangerous hedgehog monster." Gai'vahros seemed to take black humour at his own expense with his new title of evil hedgehog monster.

"Oh come now, Gai'vahros. They wouldn't do that. They'll probably just hide in their houses until you disappeared. It's happened before."

"Oh, so I'm not the only one? It's a shame that people could suffer such prejudice and bigotry." Gai'vahros gave a small sigh as he gazed back to the ponies the two of them had left behind, but his flowing cape seemed to give a sense of tyranny as it blew behind him, causing the ponies to turn away or to quickly walk in the other direction. "Perhaps Lor'themar was right-- We do exist because of the racism of others."

"Hey, don't be like that." Twilight stopped for a moment in front of an arching wooden and marble bridge of pearl white. "When Zecora came to our village, we were all afraid of her. But, ever since Apple Bloom showed us that she wasn't dangerous at all, we all became friends! So don't worry, Gai'vahros, you'll fit right in with everyone once they all get to know you." Twilight's smile definitely set a good comfort zone for the elf. Turning back towards the bridge, she began to trek across it. "Come, Rarity's place is not far from here."

Gai'vahros gave a toothy smile as he followed a few feet from behind Twilight. He began to understand why she was able to have so many friends despite, by her own account, that she had not been in this village for an awfully long time. It seemed that, whenever he had stood next to her, her joy and overall happy nature radiated from her and poured itself into the elf's own soul. The only time he had ever felt such a feeling was in front of the Naaru and the Sunwell. He began to entertain the thought that perhaps Twilight Sparkle was the pony equivalent of a Naaru in terms of giving off her great nature.

Within a few minutes the pair of them came to a pathway that seemed to be cut much shorter than the rest of the grass that circumferences around a rather large structure in the middle. The building was made of marble and patterned in checkered and stylized filigree of light pinks and blues. Upon the ground floor two large, circular windows with saffron curtains adorning along the tops of them sat on the sides next to a lavender door with diamond-shaped windows, while the outside walls were fitted with a circular awning of pale pink supported by striped dark indigo pillars. The first floor was much of the same although there was one large window with pink curtains around it, supporting a large cone-shaped dome with the same pillars as the ground floor, but with two pony-like statues on either side. It seemed that whoever owned this building was indeed rich, successful or otherwise influential. Gai'vahros thought that perhaps she must be a great tailor if she could afford such a marvelous piece of architecture.

"Ah, here we are," Twilight blurted out in contentment as he looked up to the building before looking down at the door. Trotting up to it, she used her fore-leg to knock on the door twice, casually. "Rarity? Are you home?"

"Oh! Twilight! I'll be with you in just a moment!" a rather shrill yet very sophisticated voice yelled from within the confines of the building although it was very quiet, even with Gai'vahros' ears having a little bit of trouble picking it up despite being several feet back from Twilight. A moment gave a brief pause before the door opened to reveal a rather elegant white pony, long lashes and an equally elegant hairdo of deep purple. "Why, Twilight, darling, what an ab-so-lute pleasure to see you! In fact, I needed someone to--" She paused for a moment as she took notice of the rather tall elf standing off in the distance. "Oh, Twilight, is that a friend of yours? Please say yes!" Rarity seemed to be more ecstatic of Gai'vahros than afraid of him, gazing upon him with a large smile over her lips.

"Uh, actually, we only just met a short while ago and--" Twilight tried to give a response but wasn't able to finish as Rarity galloped out of the door, past her, and right in front of Gai'vahros.

"Oh my, your friend has a great sense of fashion about himself, Twilight! Just LOOK at him! Such great armour of pure polished gold, shimmering and shining in the sun that could put the Royal Guards to shame! Oh, don't tell them I said that." She was completely infatuated with the raiment that Gai'vahros had upon his person, using her front hooves to touch, feel and caress the metalwork and cloth, much to the discomfort to the blood knight. "And won't you just FEEL this cloth! I mean it's nothing compared to Equestrian silk, of course, what with the low thread count and lack of detail, but I think with my expertise we can, shall we say, rework some of these problems?"

"Oh, my Lady Rarity, I'm honoured that you would do such a thing for me," Gai'vahros stuttered for a moment, pressing backwards a little as the pony began to invade more and more of his person with her curious hooves, "but I can't accept such a gift-- we've only just met one-another."

"Ohhhh and such a masculine yet sophisticated voice!" It seemed that whatever Gai'vahros did the obsessed mare would just eat it up from his hands. The elf thought that perhaps the best thing to do was just to keep his mouth shut. "And, darling, I always make new clothes for all of my friends, and anyone who's a friend of Twilight's is a friend of mine. Come, come, come. We have much work to do." As she spoke she went round to the back of Gai'vahros and, with two front hooves, quickly shoved him forwards into Twilight, shoving the duo into her store before closing the door behind all of them.

As the time began to pass slowly, the trio began to take part in conversation pertaining to Gai'vahros. Although the conversation seemed to flow in the same direction that Twilight and Apple Bloom had taken part in back at the library, Rarity was more interested in the workings of how fashion worked within Gai'vahros' own world. The elf could not give as much detail as he had wanted to, however, mainly because he himself was not a tailor. He'd never thought of being a tailor, and thus had no knowledge of what tailors could achieve, besides creating magic carpets. Twilight was more than eager to halt Gai'vahros' attempt in discussion about such a matter though-- she was more or less done with the topic of magic carpets.

"So, Gai, darling," Rarity spoke as she sat at a sewing machine, draped with red equestrian silk as she began to sew several drapes together that was part of the faulds that were attached to the chest plate of Gai'vahros' armour, which again lay next to a table with all of the cloth removed, "how do you go out into battle all the time and yet keep this garb in such pristine condition?"

"Well, it gets battle-worn regularly." Gai'vahros gave out a soft sigh, once again finding himself sat at a table almost completely naked besides the dark tan boxers he had on under his armour, refusing to take them off even at Rarity's request. "Every so often I get them repaired and patched up. I can't recall how much gold I have spent over the years on repair bills..."

"I must say that whomever has been keeping up with the repairs has done a remarkable job with it." Rarity praised the craftsmanship that was performed by Azerothian blacksmiths. "Well, except the embroidery, it's still a bit tattered here and there. But don't worry, my darling elf, Rarity will make sure that you leave here looking like a completely different knight."

"Again I must thank you, my Lady Rarity. I'm glad that there are those that do not look upon the unknown with judgmental eyes."

"I told you, Gai'vahros," Twilight intervened into the conversation in aim of assuring the blood elf, "there are ponies here who will gladly make friends with you, although it seems that Rarity is more in love with your clothing." She gave a small chuckle as she finished her words, with Gai'vahros doing the same with a smile on his lips.

"What's that now?" Rarity's ears pricked up as she gave a concerned look towards her new elven friend. "Ponies have been mean to you? Well whatever for?"

"Oh it's nothing, Rarity. The ponies in the town were just staring at Gai'vahros here, but nothing bad or mean was said by anyone. You know how every-pony gets when they see a new creature-- uh, person-- in town."

"Well I never! How dare anyone be discourteous to my darling Gai! But I guess you are right, Twilight darling-- people can be rather... cautious when new people show up. But, Gai, don't take it personally. I'm sure Twilight has told you that the new people who stay here find that they easily fit in."

"But, my Ladies, that's the thing," Gai'vahros stood up from his seat, up straight, showing off his toned and athletically built body. Using his arms he swung them down in front of him as though he was presenting himself to his associates. "I'm not a pony. I'm not even from this world! I'm just--"

"A friend of ours, Gai'vahros." Twilight placed a fore-hoof on the hardened muscle of the elf's forearm. "It doesn't matter what others think of you. What matters is that you have friends here and that we'll be here for you."

"Exactly, Gai darling. What with Twilight's book smarts and why fashion sense, you'll have a great time here until we can find a way for you to get back home. Well, up until the getting you back home part. I'm not sure how my fashion can help you with that."

"Heh, maybe you can tailor me a portal back to Silvermoon." Gai'vahros joked as he gave a little laugh, followed by the laughter of both ponies. To the elf, he felt a lot of happiness being with these equines despite the complete contrast in what he was used to. He always thought of settling down, raising a family, and living a quiet life, so perhaps this was a taste of what life outside of monster slaying and adventuring was like.

"Oh, we're done now!" Rarity exclaimed as she used the magic of her horn to hold up Gai'vahros' suit of armour, much like Twilight had did some time before, after fitting the new cloth to the plates while they were conversing. Even from a distance Gai'vahros could tell how much better the armour looked in its cloth as it shimmered from the light that glistened through the glass windows. With a smile, Gai'vahros stepped forwards and began to adorn himself back into his raiment, noticing a completely different feel as the equestrian silks caressed over his bare skin. It felt so much better than elven silk by far. "So, how does it feel, Gai darling?"

"It... it feels absolutely amazing, my Lady Rarity," Gai'vahros was dumbfounded by the difference from before. He felt more flexible and also felt much lighter than before, suggesting that this equestrian silk was lighter than that of elven silks. "I cannot thank you enough for what you have done for me today. There must be a way for me to repay you."

"Oh it's nothing at all, dear. But, if you must repay me, you could stay a while longer while I get Twilight to do some fitting for a new dress I'm making, just so I can get a good look at your hair style. It looks so... fierce! Like it screams "come at me, evildoers, for I will strike down with great vengeance and furious retribution!" Maybe I could start a new beauty salon as well, or even pitch the idea to the beauty spa!"

"Haha, okay then, my Lady Rarity. Maybe I can talk with you about tailoring, such as magic carpets."

"Oh, please no, not with the magic carpets!"

PreviousChapters Next