• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 6,690 Views, 392 Comments

My Little Warcraft - New Friends - Shin Guyviroth



When a blood elf is thrown from one world to another, he must contend with the increasing discomfort as he deals with talking ponies, a world ruled by animals, and an ever-growing fear of Pinkie Pie. Will he find his way back home?

  • ...
15
 392
 6,690

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13 - If That's Okay...

The sun began to peer over the horizon into the morning sky, changing from an orange and violet cascade of colours to a pale, sky blue shade. The clouds drifted on soft streams of breeze through the morrow skyline, calmly to the songs of birds that spread their vocals for all those who were lucky enough to hear their beauty. The gentle swaying of the branches in the trees made the area seem more lively than it really was, rustling their leaves upon one another but not so much that it was causing a large amount of noise.

Despite Gai'vahros having seen a lot of nature and tree-bound structures in Ponyville nothing could prepare him for what would be bestowed upon him. The bridge was made of a dull gold stone with a strip of moss on each side. A few trees stood around the bridge and the house in the distance, each one fitted with small bird nests and bird houses, some of differing sizes but all the same style though with roofs of differing colours between dark regal blue to emerald green to cherry red. A small, winding pathway of tightly packed beige stone led to the front door with patches of daisy flowers at the sides.

The house itself looked like a large hill in itself but it was simply a large dome-shaped roof made of, what seemed to be, grass and other flora. The top of it had two gable windows, spread in the same foliage as the rest of the roofing, with a tall thin chimney with a bird house on the side of it. It wasn't the only bird house, though, as a couple more could be seen; one was atop of the large arch that housed the front door, while another hung from a hoop of string attached to a post near two side windows on the ground floor.

"Here we are, Gai'vahros," Twilight spoke out as they both passed halfway over the bridge, with Twilight stopping to allow Gai'vahros to marvel at the scenery in front of him. "do you like it?"

"It's very, uh, green," Gai'vahros was a bit embarrassed to speak. He wasn't entirely sure what to say although he knew what he wanted to say in his heart. He didn't want to come across as being overly attached. "but it's very beautiful, I must say. It's not every day that I get to see something so… ah, what would be an apt phrase? Inclined to nature, I guess."

"Fluttershy's really great with animals, you know," Twilight expressed a great deal of respect for Fluttershy's gift, "I remember when she scared away a cockatrice by staring at it."

"She sounds like an excellent beastmaster," Gai'vahros complimented the pegasus with terms native to his world, "but what is a cockatrice? I've not heard of such a creature. A fearsome foe, by the sounds of it."

"I'll say. The cockatrice is a dangerous creature, with the head of a chicken, body of a snake, and with bat-like wings. It has the power to turn to stone whoever stares into its eyes."

"But, wait, didn't you say your friend Fluttershy scared it away by staring at it?"

"Yeah. Well, the cockatrice was turning her to stone, but she managed to hold out long enough to make it change me and Fluttershy back to normal before scaring it away."

"To think that all I've heard is about how your friend is shy, timid and easily frightened, and, yet, she would put her life on the line for her friend. She truly is a great inspiration to all. A little peculiar, but a great friend regardless."

"Hehe, I'll be sure to tell her that." Twilight giggled as she felt a bit embarrassed about how much praise the elf was bestowing upon Fluttershy. As the two of them made their way through the winding path they both stood just in front of the door, although Gai'vahros made sure to stay behind his escort as to not appear too up front and intimidating. Twilight raised her hoof and knocked on the red wooden door three times. "Fluttershy? Are you home?" After a pause, there was no reply. Twilight and Gai'vahros stood back, waiting for someone to answer, or something to happen, but nothing.

"I guess she's not in," Gai'vahros said quietly to the unicorn, not wanting to pierce the peaceful sounds of the surroundings with his loud voice. "do you think maybe she's gone out somewhere?"

"No, I wouldn't think so," Twilight was sure that Fluttershy would be at home at this time. "she always gets up and tends to her critters at this time of day. Maybe she didn't hear me?" though before Twilight could go make another knock at the door, she saw the door creek open a little before opening fully. Stood on the other side upon a large, square, red rug was a pegasus pony of a light yellow colour and pink hair. The first thing that Gai'vahros took notice was her large, cute eyes and long eyelashes, but her long pink hair made her look even more adorable. Her cutie mark couldn't be seen, what with the pegasus standing forwards and her wings blocking the view.

"O-oh! Hello, Twilight," Fluttershy said in a quiet, very soft-spoken voice. While most ponies would have difficulty trying to listen to her, it was considerably clear to Gai'vahros' large ears. "I'm sorry I didn't answer sooner, but Angel needed his tail fluffing…"

"It's okay, Fluttershy," Twilight understood Fluttershy's reason for being a bit late answering the door. The unicorn turned to Gai'vahros, who stood behind her, to introduce him. "Fluttershy, I'd like to introduce you--"

"Oh my, Twilight, did you find this little guy in the Everfree Forest?" exclaimed Fluttershy in concern as she lifted off the ground and made her way towards the rather confused elf. "I've never seen a hedgehog like this before… maybe he's a new kind of armoured, bipedal breed?"

"Uh, no, Fluttershy, he's a--"

"Just look at his quills and skin," Fluttershy was obviously confused by Gai'vahros' hairstyle and suit of armor, not recognizing them for what they were. "he looks so thin and famished! Don't worry, little guy, Fluttershy will look after you." the pegasus was smitten with him, falsely recognizing him as a large hedgehog creature. As she spoke she began to pet him on the head like any owner would do their pets.

"I'm flattered that you would treat me with such hospitality," Gai'vahros spoke up quietly, trying to mimic Fluttershy's level of volume as to not frighten her with his sudden outburst. "but I'm not a hedgehog. Or a pet."

"Eep!" Fluttershy squeaked as her eyes widened, shooting away from Gai'vahros with a sudden burst of speed, staying several feet from him. "Y-you can talk! I-I've never heard of a talking hedgehog before…"

"No, Fluttershy, he's not a hedgehog," Twilight walked up to the two of them, her head turning to Gai'vahros. "Gai'vahros here is an elf from another world. He somehow ended up here, so we're taking care of him. I just thought we'd come by and say hello."

"O-oh, okay," Fluttershy acknowledged the situation. She had her own lot of questions to ask, but she wasn't one to pry into other people's business. "It's nice to meet you, Gai'vahros."

"No no, the pleasure is all mine, my Lady Fluttershy," Gai'vahros gave a small bow with a hand across his chest to signify his etiquette. "I'm happy that I am able to meet a pony as faithful to their friend as you, from what kind words I have been told from Lady Twilight here."

"O-oh… I-I'm not that faithful…. I don't think…" Fluttershy blushed as she hid her face behind her fair, turning sideward's to help that notion. She began feeling embarrassed and shy that someone, that she had only known for a few moments, was praising her with such admiration.

"Oh, Fluttershy, you are a great friend to all of us," Twilight spoke up as she continued to praise Fluttershy as a follow up to Gai'vahros' own words of kindness. "you've helped us out a lot of times."

"T-thank you, Twilight," Fluttershy peeked out from behind her long pink fringe, still blushing, with a sweet smile upon her lips. She turned to Gai'vahros again but a with bit more comfort as she started to get used to being around him, almost seeing a spitting image of Twilight's own friendly face in the blood elf's own. "and thank you, too, Gai'vahros. Uh… can I help you with anything else?"

"Actually, my Lady Fluttershy, we were wondering if you'd like to come camping with us this evening?" Gai'vahros gestured to himself and then to Twilight with a wave of his arm. "we're all going to go camping in the woods later. Me, Lady Twilight, little Spike, Lady Rainbow Dash, Lady Applejack and little Apple Bloom will all be going."

"C-c-camping? Oh, oh no, I couldn't do that," Fluttershy began to stutter her words quickly and softly, keeping her head down and hiding her face back behind her fringe. "I-I, uh, have to stay and look after the critters… if that's okay with you…"

"Oh, right, I didn't think about that…" Twilight became dumbstruck that she had completely forgot about how the animals were going to be taken care of while they were out. "maybe there's some-pony in Ponyville who will volunteer to look after them while we're gone?"

"Oh, oh no, I couldn't let anyone else look after them," Fluttershy insisted that she should stay and look after the critters, if not because she didn't want to impose a heavy responsibility on another person then because she did not think anyone else could be suited for such a task or have a knack for it like she does. "I-I don't want to bother any-pony else while I'm away…"

"Hmmm…" Gai'vahros thought for a moment. He knew he had a solution but it was taking a while for it to come to his mind. Someone who was good with animals would be the perfect candidate. Then it struck him; he did know of one who was legitimately great with looking after animals. "Oh! I know just the person!" Gai'vahros exclaimed, reaching into his pocket and pulling out the amber pet stone.

"O-oh… you do…?" Fluttershy didn't sound as happy as one would have thought, suggesting that her excuse was used as a scapegoat to get out of going camping though both Twilight and Gai'vahros were oblivious to that fact.

"Sure thing. Stand back." holding the gem in one hand, while hovering the other above it, he began to channel a small amount of magic into it. A small stream of blue and silver colours began to flow from the palm and tips of his fingers, swirling and dancing around the stone like a small whirlpool. The magic began to grow in velocity and expanse as the strands became thicker, sparkling as its arcane infusions began to clash, like steel upon steel, causing magnificent sparks to glisten inside the stone. Within moments the stone shone a bright golden hue before forming, in a spark of light just in front of Gai'vahros, a small humanoid creature. The person stood roughly four feet tall, slightly smaller than Twilight herself, with a bright green hue of skin and dark, brown eyes. His hair was that of a spiky mohawk style colored a dark brown with a hint of purple. His clothing consisted of a long-sleeved white shirt and dark, black pants, with no footwear of his own. Over his shirt he wore a white tabard with a symbol consisting of a pale gold circle with a black star around the outside of it.

"H-huh… where…?" the little person spoke in a child-like tone of voice, sounding a little course in his throat-- the voice of an orc. The young boy turned to look at Gai'vahros, turning his confused expression into one of happiness. "Oh, Sir Gai'vahros! H-how can I help you? You need a letter delivered? Need something put on the auction house?"

"Haha, no, no, Mogan. I need you with something a bit more delicate; something more along your line of expertise," Gai'vahros praised the young lad on having something particular that required him specifically. "my friend here, Fluttershy, needs you to look after her animals for a few days. You think you can handle that?"

"O-of course I can do that! Gruntling Mogan at your service." he turned to see both Twilight and Fluttershy standing in front of him. Fluttershy was a bit shy, but Twilight was more open in her standing with the young orc. "So, shall I start with these two, Sir?"

"No, no, no," Gai'vahros chuckled as the young boy mistook the two ponies for the animals he was tasked to look after. "this here is Fluttershy. She needs you to look after the animals she has in her house."

"W-wait, a winged horse is looking after animals? Is this that "maternal instinct" I've read about, where animals look after other animals of a different species?"

"U-uh, I'm not their mother. I just look after them." Fluttershy spoke in her natural soft voice, correcting the assumption that the little orc had made.

"Ah! The horse! It talked!" Mogan recoiled in surprised, hiding behind Gai'vahros. "Since when could horses talk like that?"

"Our world works a bit differently from yours, the way I understand it," Twilight responded as she tried to approach the small orc, but it was a little too much for him at the moment. "like you and Gai'vahros, ponies in Equestria are sentient."

"That's… quite a lot to take in," Mogan began to understand although he was still a bit uncomfortable with this predicament. It was more or less the fact that he was such a big animal lover, much like Fluttershy, that he was so composed. "so, uh, where are the ones I need to look after?"

"Oh, right. My Lady Fluttershy, would you like to show Mogan where your animals are? Don't worry, he's been trained to know the needs of every creature on Azeroth. He's an excellent naturist. We'll see you guys later, okay?"

"O-o-okay… Uh, follow me, Mogan. I'll show you around…" Fluttershy was a bit dubious with letting him inside her house although if he was a friend of Gai'vahros, who was a friend of Twilight's, then she was happy with that.

"Okay." replied Mogan. He was completely comfortable, almost infatuated, with being around Fluttershy. "Uh… Miss Fluttershy? Do you think I could brush your mane? Or clean your wings? If it's okay with you, that is…"

"Oh… that would be nice. Thank you…" the two of them headed inside, closing the door behind them. Gai'vahros and Twilight smiled at each other as they turned back towards the bridge, happy that the two of them were getting along so well, and so closely, despite their brief meeting.

"So, Gai'vahros, who is that little person?" Twilight asked but was unable to think of the words that didn't sound as offensive. "He seems to admire you greatly."

"Oh, Mogan? He's my assistant, as it were." Gai'vahros began to explain, prompting Twilight to understand that Mogan was, to the blood elf, as Spike was to her. "When I was crowned an Argent Champion, Mogan was inspired and, well, became my little assistant-- an "Argent Gruntling", as is his title."

"The "Argent Champion" title; are you part of a knightly order other than the blood knights?"

"It's a long story. We'll talk about it more at camp, okay?"

"Oh, sure thing, Gai'vahros. So, about Mogan, what does he do?"

"He's a smart little boy, raised in the right way outside of this war between the Horde and the Alliance. As part of the Argent Crusade he's been taught to fight against those who threaten Azeroth. Mogan was a young stable boy, looking after the horses for the knights and paladins, but he was so good at it, so well versed with it, that it just became his mainstay. Then they found out that he was good with animals other than horses-- pack wolves, bears, giant bats-- whatever animal approached him, be they feral or aggressive, they just… became tamed. He's kind of like an orcish version of Lady Fluttershy."

"Do you think he'll be okay with Fluttershy? This is a different world, after all. Maybe he won't be able to handle the animals here."

"He will. I have faith in the boy," Gai'vahros spoke softly with a smile on his face, turning to Twilight. "that's all you ever need in someone, my Lady Twilight. A little faith, and a little trust, can go a long way."

PreviousChapters Next