• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 6,690 Views, 392 Comments

My Little Warcraft - New Friends - Shin Guyviroth



When a blood elf is thrown from one world to another, he must contend with the increasing discomfort as he deals with talking ponies, a world ruled by animals, and an ever-growing fear of Pinkie Pie. Will he find his way back home?

  • ...
15
 392
 6,690

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14 - Right Click, Inspect

Back in the village of Ponyville everything was a lot more active than it was yesterday, and the days prior as well before Gai'vahros had turned up in Equestria. The town square was booming with life with all sorts of ponies coming and going, looking into shop windows, sitting outside of the café, and generally just having a great time outdoors. Even the noise from their talking was not like it had been in the prior days, with an abundance of warm greetings, casual conversations and cheerful small talk.

It didn't take too long for Twilight and Gai'vahros to make their way back to the town square, where they had noticed a much larger density of pony-folk than yesterday. However, the greater population made Gai'vahros a bit more nervous, remembering the commotion that he had caused yesterday with his new clothing being his only saving grace. He thought that, perhaps, the novelty of Rarity's tailoring would wear out quickly.

"There sure is a large crowd today, wouldn't you agree, Gai'vahros?" Twilight turned to speak to her elven friend but noticed an uneasy look on his face. "Uh, Gai'vahros, are you feeling okay?" Twilight had a concerned tone in her voice as she tilted her head to try and see the whole of his expression.

"I'm not so sure, my Lady Twilight," Gai'vahros replied in a soft-spoken voice. His words jittered as they left his mouth-- a slight hint of nerves affecting his speech. "I just get this feeling that we're going to have a repeat of what happened yesterday. I'm just… wait a minute," Gai'vahros took a step and moved his head forwards. His gaze fixated upon a female pony wearing a rose red and deep purple coloured skirt. "do you see that pony over there? Those colours; they're the same as mine."

"Wait, are you sure?" Twilight didn't think it was purposefully done or even to believe him. Following suit, Twilight took a close look at the same pony that stood several meters away from the two of them, who was standing near a set of double doors of a shop with a strong-looking stallion. The pony was, indeed, wearing colours that resembled the silk garments of Gai'vahros' suit. The main fabric was a red colour, while a pattern of swirls and curves weaved through the folds. "You're right, she is wearing your colours, but it's just a coincidence, right?"

"I'd like to think it, but…" Gai'vahros said quietly, muttering to himself as he placed a gloved hand on his chin in thought, fiddling with his goatee with his index finger. "yesterday, Lady Rarity needed you to help with her pattern cutting, right? Not to mention she took quite a fancy to my clothing, too."

"Are you suggesting that Rarity just… put two and two together, and decided to make a dress using your colours?"

"It's a very strong possibility. How about we ask her?" Gai'vahros was rhetorical in his question, quickly making his way to the pony in the unique dress.

"No, wait, Gai'vahros!" Twilight tried to grab at his arm to pull him back but the blood elf moved a bit too quickly for the unicorn to catch him. She gave a deep sigh of discontent as he walked off without her. "I get the feeling this is going to be really bad…"

It seemed as though most of the pony-folk were too busy or preoccupied with other things to direct much attention to Gai'vahros as he made his way through the crowds. However, the more ponies, whose visions he began to walk across, noticed him. the more began to take look at him. It was even more so recurring as he placed his hands on them gently, as a gesture to excuse him, as he moved through. Of course, most of these equines had never felt the gentle touch of Equestrian silk that lined his gauntlets, let alone the rather ticklish feel of humanoid hands and fingers along their sides. After a few moments Gai'vahros had managed to gain presence to the pony in the unique dress.

"Excuse me, my Lady," said Qai'vahros, giving a small bow as was his usual custom to new people he would greet or introduce himself too. "my name is Gai'vahros Dawnbreaker of the Knights of Silvermoon. May I--"

"You're "Gai'vahros"? Ohhhh, charmed to meet you," the lady replied in a very posh voice. She was a quite tall, cyan coloured pony, much like Rainbow Dash, with orange hair done up in a very intricate style that was reminiscent of high elven styles, with two sets of pearls around the top. The pony was very well-spoken and incredibly well-mannered; it was surprising to Gai'vahros that she had reacted in such a way, but more so to the fact that she had repeated his name as though she had heard of him. "so you're the one who should be credited for the absolutely marvelous dress?" twirling around a little and shaking her rump, the pony began to show off the flow of the silk in the sparkling sun, in which hints of gold began to shine through as though it had been infused with gold dust or glitter. "Oh, where are my manners? I'm Giselle, and this is my friend, Hairy Tipper."

"Ah, pleased to meet ya." the rather large stallion spoke as he was introduce. He was a few inches taller than his lady friend-- almost as tall as Gai'vahros. His coat was a greyish colour, with a brown mane and tail, a handlebar moustache, chest hair, a pair of sunglasses and, most noticeable of all, wore a sparkling green collared shirt.

"The pleasure is all mine, Sir Hairy Tipper." Gai'vahros responded in flattery as he bowed to the stallion in his usual demeanour. Turning back to Giselle he tried to ask her about the dress once more. "Lady Giselle, may I ask where you got that dress and how you know who I am?"

"Why, of course, dear," Giselle replied cooperatively, "this dress was made by the talented Rarity, and can be found in a lot of clothes shops in Ponyville. The posters said that the design was "Gai'vahros' Inspiration". Naturally, no one had even heard of who this was. It's a very popular design, mind you, and that there has been talks of extending the design to Canterlot!" Giselle was incredibly well-spoken about the dress design, praising its designer by a large amount. "I can see where she got that inspiration from, looking at that incredible suit of armour you're wearing."

"Haha, oh, you flatter me too much, my Lady Giselle," Gai'vahros began to blush a cherry red, scratching the back of his head as he gave an awkward smile to the pony. "I didn't even think that Lady Rarity would consider using my armor as a basis for her own clothing. I'm honoured to be of assistance to her."

"Heehee, modest and polite. I'm beginning to like you, Sir Gai'vahros." Giselle began to become quite infatuated with the blood knight, despite being a completely different species than him. It was apparent that she was a great example of someone who could see past a person's looks and see them for who they are, if a bit too much. "Listen, I heard that, if they do end up marketing this new line of design in Canterlot, that they'll be making a public advertisement. I'm sure you'll want to get in on the action, right?"

"Oh, that would be splendid." Gai'vahros felt as though he was beginning to fit in with the Equestrian community quite well, even if it was only a small community in Ponyville.

"Great! Since you know Rarity quite well I'll send her a notice, and to let you know about it, too. I must rush, though; I've a train to catch to Canterlot. I hope I'll be seeing more of you soon, Sir." Giselle gave a grin and batted her eyes as she strode past Gai'vahros, with Hairy Tipper following behind her.

"Ahah, yeah…" Gai'vahros was more nervous than he was before, now, breathing a sigh of relief as she had walked out of earshot. His body was so tense that he still felt like his back was locked into position, having no chance to relax throughout most of that conversation. Giselle's infatuation towards him made the blood elf feel uneasy.

"Ah, Gai'vahros," Twilight spoke out as she managed to meet up with the Gai'vahros. She looked back towards Giselle, who had walked off into the distance north, before turning back to the elf. "I'm surprised you didn't scare her away, walking up to her like that from out of nowhere. I heard the whole thing from nearby. Sorry for eavesdropping. Uh, are you feeling okay?"

"You said you heard the whole thing, and you still ask me that?" Gai'vahros sounded as though he was completely out of breath. "That was probably the most awkward thing I've been a part of. And I've done a lot of awkward things in my time."

"Oh… yeah, that was pretty hard to watch," Twilight admitted to the blood elf, "but I saw Pinkie Pie head towards Sugar Cube Corner while you were, uh, talking with that pony. Come on, I'll take you there."

"Good. Maybe later I was wash my brain out with soapy hot water…"

The two of them left the shop corner and headed towards Sugar Cube Corner with Gai'vahros following a few feet behind Twilight, not having much motivation to try and keep up with her for the moment after what had just transpired. It didn't take too long, though, what with the distance between the shop and Sugar Cube Corner only being a hundred yards or so.

It seemed that the more things Gai'vahros was seeing, the weirder it was to him each time. In front of him stood a large building, at least four stories high, that reminded the blood elf of a huge sponge cake. The main bulk of the building looked like a thatched roof cottage, only the roof looked like it was made of chocolate with icing around the edges. The walls were of a cream coloured plaster with light brown wooden trimming. A couple of windows sat on each side of the pink front door with rose-tinted glass. Above the door was a small arch supported by two columns that looked exactly like pink striped candy canes. The top of the roof had a two storey tower that looked like two cupcakes atop one another with three lamp posts on top in the style of candles.

"This is truly, uh, awe-inspiring, to say the least," Gai'vahros tried not to offend Twilight by his use of words, and so opted to sugarcoat it. "I must admit that every building I've seen looks completely vivid to me, but this takes the cake. Uh, no pun intended."

"I think it looks rather fitting," Twilight responded, giving compliments to its architecture. "this is a bakery, after all. I think its looks gives the place a nice, bubbly charm. Don't you agree, Gai'vahros?"

"Now that you put it that way, I guess--"

"HEYA!" Suddenly, from the left side of Gai'vahros, a loud high-pitched voiced bellowed into his huge ear, causing him to stagger sideways and nearly trip over his own feet. "Oh, hey, a clown! I love clowns! You gonna tell a joke? Oooooh, no, make a balloon animal!"

"First a hedgehog, and now a clown…" Gai'vahros muttered under his breath as he turned to look at the one who almost burst his eardrum. The pony was a neutral pink colour with thick, curly hair of an even hotter shade of pink. Her eyes shone a bright aqua blue. Gai'vahros was also able to make out her cutie mark-- three balloons adorned her flank; one yellow and two blue. "Lady Twilight, is this… your friend?" Gai'vahros felt he didn't need to ask; a pink pony called "Pinkie Pie" made a lot of sense to him, at least more so than the chocolate sponge cake bakery.

"Yeah, she can be a little… crazy." Twilight leaned up to Gai'vahros to whisper into his ear.

"Oh, hey, Twilight," Pinkie Pie said cheerfully, bouncing up and down on all fours before bouncing towards Gai'vahros and Twilight. "did you come to see the clown make balloon animals, too?"

"Pinkie, this isn't a clown," Twilight began to explain to Pinkie. Whether or not it would be much good even Twilight didn't know. "This is Gai'vahros. He's from another world from ours."

"Oh my gosh, another world!?" Pinkie stopped in a frozen position. Her eyes widened as she glanced at Twilight, then to Gai'vahros, then back to Twilight. "… Do you think he's here to eat our brains…?" Pinkie leaned forwards, whispering into Twilights ear before shifting her gaze to Gai'vahros.

"Uh, no, Pinkie. He ended up here by accident. He's a knight in his world and we're looking after him until we can find a way to take him back."

"Oooooh, a knight? Well WHY didn't YOU say so!?" Pinkie Pie jumped as she yelled out as a huge smile sprawled across her face. She dashed over to Gai'vahros, turning him around so he was facing her before she began staring at him. It was as though the pony became a living statue; not moving, probably not even breathing, and just staring at him.

"…" Gai'vahros paused in a fixated position, staring back at Pinkie Pie like they were having a staring contest.

"…"

"…uh, may I ask what you are doing…?"

"Well, DUH, I'm inspecting your gear! Oh, and your spec!"

"… my gear? And my "spec"?"

"Yup!"

"… Lady Twilight… help me… it's like she's staring into my soul…"

Twilight gave a soft sigh as she walked over to Pinkie Pie, putting a hoof on her shoulder. "Pinkie, uh, we really wanted to talk to you about something."

"Oh! Okay!" Pinkie halted her staring, much to the absolute relief of Gai'vahros. "So, whatchya wanna talk about, Twilight?"

"Well, we were all going to go on a camping trip in the forests this evening for a couple of days. You know, so we can all get to know Gai'vahros better. We were wondering if you wanted to come along with us?"

"Oooooh, I like camping! Almost as much as I love parties! No, wait, no, that's not right. I like crumpets as much as I like parties! Oh, unless there's crumpets at the party then it's an AWESOME party! Will there be crumpets when we go camping?"

"Uh… sure, Pinkie…"

"So, Gai, you're coming, too? Mind if I call you "Guy"? How about "Vah"? Maybe "Ross"? Oooooh, no, how about "Guy-vah"? Or maybe just… "Gah"?"

"U-uh, "Guy" will be more than acceptable," the blood elf was still incredibly uncomfortable around Pinkie Pie, but he knew that she was a close friend of Twilight's so he had to try and make the most of it.

"Oh, okay, Gai. I'll see you later! Bring crumpets, too!" Pinkie Pie gave a rather bellowing farewell before hopping down the street around the corner from Sugar Cube Corner.

"Anar'alah belore," Gai'vahros gave a heavy sigh as he wiped his brow with the back of his hand. "for a moment there I thought she was trying to make my heart explode. With her eyes."

"Oh, don't worry, Gai'vahros," Twilight said with a small giggle, trying to reassure him-- not that it was going to work. "that's just Pinkie Pie being, well, Pinkie Pie. I guess now we'll have to see if Rarity wants to come, too. Oh, oh no, I forgot to put that down on my schedule!"

"Ah, don't worry about the schedule, my Lady Twilight," Gai'vahros reassured her, comforting her in her worry about losing track of time. "we've got plenty of time to do that before we start packing, right?"

"Yeah, you're right. Sorry for being such a worrywart."

"No need to apologize. Oh, actually, isn't Lady Rainbow Dash meant to be meeting up with us here?"

"Someone mention my name?" A voice came from behind the both of them. Rainbow Dash hovered only a few meters from their position, holding, around her body, a large backpack likely filled with camping equipment. "So, Gai, did ya meet up with Pinkie Pie? I bet you had a blast, right?"

"Yeah… you could say something like that…"

PreviousChapters Next