• Published 21st Feb 2013
  • 2,215 Views, 104 Comments

The Stallion in the Library - leonidas701



2 weeks after defeating Nightmare Moon, Twilight finds a visitor in her library. Who is this stallion, where did he come from, and why is he so interested in Pinkie Pie?

  • ...
15
 104
 2,215

On Screwing and Sleepovers (Part 2)

-----Last Time on the Stallion in the Library-----

“CURSE YOU MOTHER NATURE!!!!!”

-----And Now, The Story Continues-----

“Hey all, we’re back.” Card waved to the sitting mares as he emerged from Twilight’s kitchen followed by a miffed, soaking Rarity.

“Hi.” said Twilight

“Hey”

“Howdy.” Applejack said with a wave.

“Harumph.” Went Rarity, turning up her muzzle as she levitated the towel over to herself.

Card went back to laying down, before asking a question that had been on his mind since he entered the room. “Trixie?”

“Yes?” Trixie said distractedly.

“Why are you in a straitjacket?”

“Dare.”

“Oh, so you kept going?”

“Yes we did.” Twilight interjected. “We didn’t want to wait five minutes.”

“Ok, so whose turn is it then?”

“Well, we all had a turn while you two were outside. So I guess it’s Rarity’s.”

“Great. Rarity, pick a pony.” Card gestured towards the now dry mare.

After another glare that once again escaped Card’s notice, Rarity chose, “Twilight.” She flipped the bit and it came up tails. Rarity racked her brain trying to come up with something to ask Twilight, but her anger at Card kept her from focusing. Finally she just chose to ask something that she had noticed when she first came in. “Why was your mane all wet earlier?”

Twilight blushed again, but eventually just said, “Trixie poured a glass of ice water on my head.” in a tone that very clearly said she didn’t want to go any further into it. “Anyways- I choose Card.” She flipped- Tails. Before she could ask Card anything, she heard a cheer.

“Whoo!” Trixie burst out, standing next to the straitjacket she had just been wearing. “Told you I could do it without magic Jackie!”

Rarity, Applejack and Twilight clapped at the accomplishment.

“Well done!”

“I’ll be durned.”

“Very impressive.”

“Yeah, congratulations.” Card said as he threw the straitjacket into the fireplace, then went back to his spot lying down. “What?” He asked as he saw the confused mares before him.

“Uhh, Card?” Twilight said.

“Yeah?”

“Why did you just do that?” The instant the words left Twilight’s mouth, she regretted them. The air seemed to get colder as she saw Card’s eyes turn hard.

“I don’t like straitjackets.” The mares were all taken aback by the amount of pure spite that came along with Card’s words.

“Oh... Okay.” Twilight said hesitantly as she backed away slightly.

“Anyways, now it’s my turn.” Instantly, Card’s previous cheerful demeanor returned. “I choose Jackie.” Heads.

“Hmm...” Card appeared to be in deep thought, looking at Applejack with a level of scrutiny that made her feel as self-conscious as Fluttershy. As Applejack shifted in her seat, she was startled to hear Card actually tell her his dare.

“Give me your hat.” He said.

“Wha? Why?” Applejack asked.

“Because I want to be able to say that I was alone in a room with four naked mares.” Card said impatiently. “Now give.”

Applejack forked over her hat, and Card immediately put it on his head.

“Card, I think that hat might be a bit to sm- huh?” Trixie broke off confused at the sight of the stetson growing to accommodate his larger head.

“A One-size spell?” Twilight said. “Applejack how did you get a enchantment like that? It takes a ridiculous amount of magical power, I could barely do it.”

“It was like that when Ah got it.” Applejack said. “Anyhow, my turn now. Ah pick Rarity.” Heads. “Ah dare ya to go wipe all that make-up off yer face.”

“Done.” Rarity said as she quickly used the towel that was still right next to her to sponge off her mascara and eyeshadow.

“That was quick.” Applejack said taken aback. “Ah was expecting a bit more of a fight.”

Rarity, ignoring Applejack, immediately levitated up the bit. “Card,” She said with enough venom in her voice to make a basilisk blush. The bit came up heads and she sprang up, magiced up a ridiculous dress, all blue and pink and frilly and with a ridiculous hate that looks like it belonged at a renaissance fair.

“Put. It. On.” Rarity forcefully said as she shoved it at Card. Let’s see how much you like being humiliat-

“Done.”

“Huh?” while Rarity was thinking her evil thoughts to herself, Card had quickly put on the dress and gone right back to laying on the floor. “Wha?”

“How did you that so fast?” An awestruck Twilight asked.

"This is not the first time I've had to wear a dress.” Card said. “Or, incidentally, the 26th."

If you listen carefully, you can hear all of Rarity’s dreams for revenge shatter. Anyways, following that bit of weirdness Twilight decided that they had had enough of truth or dare and declared the game over. Card got out of his dress, revealing that he had somehow managed to put it on without removing his jacket, Applejack got her hat back, and Rarity, catching sight of herself reflected in the window, yelped and rushed off to the bathroom to re-apply her makeup.

“What’s up next Twinkly?” Card asked as he scooped up his bit and threw it back into his pocket.

“According to the book, it’s... pillow fights?” Twilight was confused, “Am I supposed to make some sort of pillow golem- Mff!” Twilight was finding it hard to talk around the massive pillow that was just thrown in her mouth. After she spit it out, realization dawned on her. “Oohhh. I get it, pillow fi- Mff!” upon spitting out yet another pillow, she realized that the fight had already started.

Applejack had a nice stack of pillows right in front of her, doubling as cover as she kicked them at the other ponies, mostly focusing on Rarity. Rarity, for her part, was doing a good job herself, grabbing and levitating the pillows around her as she launched them around the room, mostly focusing her onslaught on Card. Trixie was doing something similar, but she had only one pillow that she was keeping constant control of, making it go way overhead only to boomerang back and hit directly on the back of your head, or sending it off at one pony, only for it to change course midway and zoom off towards somepony else. She was the one who had nailed Twilight twice. Then there was Card. He decided to forgo any ranged attack and just grab a pillow between his teeth and rush around bashing the mares over the head, across the back, at the legs, just tanking through any pillows that went his way, all the while with a mad grin on his face.

Seeing all of the fun, Twilight gave a whoop and jumped right in, sending her pillow directly at Trixie’s legs with the goal of tripping her up. But Trixie saw her coming and leaped over the incoming projectile, sending off one of her own. Twilight intercepted the pillow with her own magic in midair, trying to redirect it straight back at Trixie. The opposing magical pushes grew so strong that the pillow burst in a cloud of spinning white feathers, through which came Card boping Twilight right over the muzzle before he took a shot from Rarity that made him stumble. Rarity, seeing her chance launched all the pillows she had at her disposal straight at the dazed stallion, but her tunnel vision lead to a direct hit from Applejack’s pillow straight to her perfectly combed and curled hair, ruining it for the third time that day, causing her to now focus all her attention on Applejack. The battle went on like this for quite a while, getting more and more intense, everypony getting more excited and hyper until-

*Smack* *Slam*

Card had hit Twilight across the side so hard that she hit the floor. Upon seeing that she wasn’t getting up, all the rage left his body.

“Time out!” He called. However only Trixie heard him, rushing over as Rarity and Applejack continued their back-and-forth.

“Hey!” Trixie yelled, trying to get the dueling mares to cease. However this attempt failed as well. A stray pillow veered off in the direction of the unconscious Twilight, only to be stopped by Card’s hoof, his blue eyes cold as ice.

“I said,” He spoke in a penetrating whisper, as all heat seemed to escape the room, “Stop. It.” He looked between Rarity and Applejack who had dropped their pillows at the sudden chill up their spines that had nothing to do with the seeming cold. This act done, he directed all his attention to the mare on the floor, who he carefully checked over. Finding nothing other then a minor bump, he lightly smacked her into consciousness.

“Owww...” Twilight moaned as she awoke. Blinking she asked, “What happened?”

“I got a little carried away.” Card said. “Maybe we should stop the fight.”

“Oh. Well it is getting a little late.” Twilight looked at her clock as she rubbed her head. “Let’s head on off to bed.”

“Marvelous! I was feeling a touch tired.” Rarity said. “So where are the beds?”

“Oh they’re-” Twilight stopped as a sudden realization struck her. She let out a nervous laugh.

Card decided he was thirsty, and so left to go get something to drink.

“What’s wrong Twi?” Trixie asked as she noticed her friends discomfort.

“Well... You see...” Twilight hemmed and hawed around the subject before just spitting it out. “I only have two beds.”

“Ah don’t mind taking the guest bed.” Applejack said.

“I’m fine with that too.” Trixie threw in.

“Okay then!” Twilight cheered, satisfied that this problem had been resolved so quickly. “So, Rarity I guess you’re sharing a bed with me.” she enthused.

“What?” Went a mortified looking Rarity. “I couldn’t possibly take your bed away.”

“Well you three won’t all fit onto one.” Twilight explained.

“Then I will use the guest bed, let Applejack sleep with you.” Rarity said.

“Why Ah could never! What kinda houseguest takes away her hostess’s bed?” Applejack said.

“Fine,” Twilight said with a sigh, as she turned to face Trixie, “You sleep in my bed.”

“Sorry Twi,” Trixie said as she shook her head. “Remember what happened the last time I laid down in your bed?”

Twilight let out a shudder as she remembered the horrible rash Trixie had gotten after just being on her sheets for a few minutes. “Good point. Then it’s between Applejack and Rarity.”

The two mare’s started arguing.

“You sleep with Twilight!”

“No, Y’all can sleep with Twilight! I’ll be fine with Trixie.”

Naturally, these last two lines were when Card came back into the room. After some brief flashes of thoughts that I couldn’t describe without bumping up the rating, he remembered what they were talking about when he left. He also decided that this argument could go on for hours, and so he reached into his jacket and pulled out some straws.

“Here.” He said, thrusting them into the mare’s faces. “Two of these have blue tips, the other two have red tips. Red gets the guest bed, blue takes Twinkly’s room.” After a few glares between Applejack and Rarity, the mares agreed and drew straws. Twilight and Trixie shared the guest room, with Applejack and Rarity taking the master bedroom. “There, everybody happy?”

“No.”

“Naw.”

“No.”

“I don’t really have a choice, now do I.”

“Perfect.” Card gave a nod of satisfaction. “Now then, let’s hit the hay.” As the mare’s went off to their sleeping places, Twilight noticed something amiss.

“Card?” she asked

Card gave a grunt of acknowledgement.

“Where will you be sleeping?”

“I’ll be fine.”

“Well do you need anything? Pillows? Sheets?”

“Well, I’m pretty good on pillows,” Card said as he lifted up one of the dozen still scattered around the ground, “But some sheets would be nice.”

Twilight levitated some sheets over to Card, before turning to leave.

“Good night.” She called out.

“G’night. Oh,” Card said suddenly remembering something, “Tell Trixie I said good night to her too.” He said this so earnestly that Twilight couldn’t help but giggle a bit.

“I will.” And with that Twilight went to her guest bedroom.

-----In Twilight’s guest bedroom-----

Still as fond of redundancy as ever, aren’t you Aoc? Well I was planning on going through Card’s nightly rituals, but apparently Aoc wants to see the mare’s preparations instead. I apologize for the inconvenience. Anyways, Twilight and Trixie were lying in bed, having a nice chat.

“That was a lot of fun, wasn’t it?” Twilight asked Trixie.

“Yeah.” Trixie gave a contented sigh. “The pillow fight especially. I haven’t gotten to charge my horn like that since my last performance, I thought I was getting out of practice.”

“Oh. Well, you know,” Twilight hesitated a bit.

“What is it Twi?”

“If you want, you could study magic with me. Only if you want to!”

“I’d love to!” Trixie beamed. “I’ve never had as much fun arguing with somepony about magic as I have with you. Practicing with you can only make it more fun!”

“Oh this will be so amazing!” Twilight was nearly hopping in her bed. “I haven’t had a chance to study magic with somepony else before!”

“Really?”

“Well Spike helps me out sometimes, but that’s usually just as a place to test my spells.” Twilight admitted. “He isn’t much help with the technical stuff.”

“Oh. So what book off your shelves will we be studying first? Although, honestly I can’t imagine you haven’t already read them all.” Trixie said with a short chuckle.

Twilight started shuffling nervously around in the bed. It seems that she forgot that Trixie might actually want to know where the spells she was studying were coming from. You see, Twilight hasn’t told Trixie about her being the Princess’s personal student.

“Well...” Twilight hesitated, carefully choosing how to proceed. “You’re right, I have studied all the magical books in this library.”

“So what will we be studying?”

“I don’t know yet. The Princess sends me a new list to learn on sundays.”

“The Princess?”

“Yeah.” Twilight let out a sigh. “I’ve Princess Celestia’s personal student since I was 13.”

“Huh.” Trixie mulled this over. “So should I come sunday afternoon?”

“What!” went a shocked Twilight.

“Bad time? Then when should I come?”

“No, no, sunday afternoon will do fine, I mean, I just meant... Is that it?”

“About what?” Trixie looked confused before comprehension dawned on her. “Ohh, you mean about the Princess being your personal tutor?”

Twilight gave a nod.

Trixie gave a shrug. “I don’t see why who taught you magic should make a difference to me.”

Twilight let out a small sigh of happiness, only to suck it back in when Trixie kept talking.

“Speaking of.” Trixie rolled over so she and Twilight were nose to nose. “What were you thinking earlier that made you blush so hard?”

“Oh. Well it was just...” Twilight’s mind went back to the incident, specifically all the things that were racing through her mind. The image with the rabbit, and the carrot, and the chicken, and the vibrating pebble, and Twilight’s blush was back in full force.

“Are you okay?” An amused Trixie said. “Do I need to get the ice-water again?”

“NO! No, no, no, I- I think I’m fine.” Twilight gave a shudder remembering how it felt to have all that ice going through her mane.

Trixie started laughing. “You’re acting like a scared virgin about to take the plunge.”

i’m not a virgin.” Twilight whispered.

Trixie’s laughter ceased. “What was that?” she said as she pointed her ear at Twilight, not sure she heard her correctly.

“I’m not a virgin.” Twilight said a bit more clearly.

“O- oh.” Trixie said awkwardly. Frankly I don’t blame her, how do you respond to something like that in casual conversation. Well, as casual as pillow talk can be. Still, seems like Twilight still has to learn some more social graces.

Twilight, sensing the awkwardness, decided that it was late.

“Yeah Wow, look at the time!” Trixie said, trying to hide her embarrassment. “Uh, G’night.” She rolled over and immediately started feigning sleep.

“Good night Trixie.” Twilight also rolled over so the mares back’s were facing each other and started to fall asleep, happy about having gotten one on Trixie in exchange for all the time Trixie had gotten her flustered.

Trixie’s last thought before falling asleep? I hope this awkward go’s away by morning, otherwise it’ll be the second most awkward time I’ve woken up in Twilight’s bed.

What about Twilight’s final thoughts? Stupid, stupid, stupid! I forgot to tell her that Card said goodnight! I hope he won’t be too disappointed in me.

Author's Note:

The sole reason the scene with Twilight and Trixie was there is to show how close the two have gotten without Card being around.

Part 3 coming up next, closing it out. I swear I will have it out by the end of may!


Preview of the next part: Aoc? Aoc! Aoc, stop dancing.