• Published 21st Feb 2013
  • 2,216 Views, 104 Comments

The Stallion in the Library - leonidas701



2 weeks after defeating Nightmare Moon, Twilight finds a visitor in her library. Who is this stallion, where did he come from, and why is he so interested in Pinkie Pie?

  • ...
15
 104
 2,216

Interlude 2: The Morning After

Twilight woke up feeling like her head was being bashed around by a pair of sledgehammers.

Oww, she thought. What's happening... Who did I make angry?

*Knock Knock Knock*

Oh great, now I can hear them too. Twilight pushed her head underneath her pillow and tried to ignore the pounding in her head. It wasn't until the knocks started getting louder that she realized she wasn't imagining things, somepony was knocking at her door.

I should probably go answer that. She tried to climb out of bed, but made the massive mistake of opening her eyes, exposing them to the sunlight streaming in from the window. Upon feeling her eyes being fried like eggs, she decided to screw getting out of bed and just tried using her magic to open up the door. It took her addled mind a few tries to get the door handle to work properly, but she did eventually get it open.

"Good morning, Twilight!" Trixie proclaimed as she walked into the room, her face beaming with joy.

"Aagh!!!" Twilight said, pressing the pillow down even harder onto her head. "Not so loud."

Trixie took note of the pain in her friends voice, and while it didn't wipe the smile from her face, it did make her stow away what she was going to talk about for a few minutes.

"What's up?" she asked.

"It feels like my head is being used as a drum with hammers as the sticks, and the light makes my eyes feel like needles are being shoved through them." Twilight said.

Trixie gave a thoughtful, "Hmm." She asked, "Did you drink any alcohol last night?"

"A little bit. Why?"

"Well, it sounds like you have a hangover."

"A what?"

Trixie gave a double take. "Seriously?"

"Not so loud..." Twilight groaned out. "Seriously what?"

"No, nothing. I just keep forgetting how sheltered you are. A hangover is what you get when you drink too much."

"Ohh... So then why does anypony drink?"

"I think everyone asks themselves that question when they wake up hungover. The best thing for it is to just drink some water and try to sleep it off."

"I'll do that." Twilight started trying to go back to sleep, but then she realized something. "What did you come in here to tell me?"

"It's really nothing that important. Anyways, I wanted to tell Card it as well, but I can't find him."

"Oh. He's over there." Twilight made a tiny magic arrow and pointed it at the sleeping lump on the other bed in the room.

Trixie was confused. "Why is he in your room?"

"Because when we got back, Pinkie was asleep in his bed and he didn't feel like waking her up, so he just slept in her bed. If you talk to him, could you please keep it quiet?"

"Of course. Thank you," Trixie said. She walked over to the second bed and found that, sure enough, it was being occupied by the exact orange stallion she was looking for. Before she could try to wake him up, his eyes opened on their own.

"Have a nice night?" he asked.

Trixie just grinned in response.

"Good for you," he said with a small smile on his face.

"Really, thank you so much. For the room, and helping pick out which ones were worth going after. You didn't have to do that," Trixie said.

"I don't do anything because I have to. I only do things because I want to. Besides, you deserved a chance to have a little fun."

"Still, there had to be a less expensive way to do it, you could'v-"

"Did you enjoy yourself?" Card asked.

"Yes."

"Then it was worth it."

"Thank you." Trixie was truly touched. "If there's anything I can do for you, I'm there."

"That won't be- Actually, there is one thing."

"Name it."

"When we go to the dinner, when you meet my family, the lords and ladies of Equestria..."

"Yes?"

"Don't think of yourself as being beneath them."

"Okay." Trixie was confused. “I think I should go now."

"See you tonight." And with that, Card rolled over and went back to sleep.

Trixie exited out into the hallway. It's almost noon, I should probably figure out what I'm going to do for the rest of today.

She went to her hotel room, and heard a voice inside.

"Come on, you've got to come," Rainbow Dash said. "It's the Wonderbolts winter solstice light show!"

"Ahm sorry Rainbow Dash, but Ah've got plans," Applejack said.

"Ugh, what about you Flutters?"

"I have plans too... I mean, I could cancel them... It wouldn't be a big deal..." Fluttershy said.

"No, I couldn't ask you to do that." Rainbow Dash hung her head and sighed. "It'll just suck to let this ticket go to waste."

"Can I come?" Trixie asked. Not like I have anything else to do.

Rainbow Dash rushed to the door. "Yes!"

"Great." Trixie suddenly remembered something. "Wait, weren't you complaining about the show being sold out? How did you get tickets?"

"Oh, it was awesome!" Rainbow Dash said.

-----Flashback Time—---

So, I was at the rock room section of the club last night, trying to enjoy some food, have a few drinks, you know, that sorta thing. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Soarin comes up and sits next to me! Naturally I played it cool.

"OMC! You're the Wonderbolts' second in command! I'm a huge fan, massive!"

He chuckled and thanked me for my support. "Always nice to meet a fan. So, are you coming the show tomorrow?"

"Oh, I wish I could, but you were all sold out before I could get there!"

He thought for a second, then reached into his wings and pulled out these!

Rainbow Dash brandished a pair of V.I.P. Box seat tickets.

He just gave them to me! I couldn't believe it! I asked him why he did that, I thought for sure I was hallucinating! Nope! He gestured at that black clip on bracelet the butler dude put on each of us, and said, "Don't sweat it, any friend of Shade's is a friend of mine."

-----Flashback End-----

"It was sooooo AWESOME!" Rainbow Dash pressed both her forehooves against her cheeks and got stars in her eyes. She was all but swooning at the memory.

"Sounds nice," Trixie said. "When is it?"

"It starts in three hours and goes until seven! That gives me enough time to quickly go to the gym! We'll even be back in time to make it to the dinner!"

Trixie ran it all through her head, "Okay. I'll meet you in the lobby at 1:30."

"Great! See you then!" and with that, Rainbow Dash dashed out of the room.

Trixie went to her bed, and turned on the TV, planning to kill some time until it was time to go.

Author's Note:

I've gotta be honest, this whole thing is just a little filler piece to get some exposition out of the way that I didn't want to put in the next chapter. That's why I labeled it as an Interlude and not a full Chapter. Still, let me know what you thought of it! Thanks, and don't worry, the dinner actually starts next chapter!