• Published 6th Feb 2013
  • 718 Views, 10 Comments

Equestria War Z: Biohazard Beginnings - AYBABTUFTW777



When a top secret experiment goes wrong, Shining Armor must correct it.

  • ...
 10
 718

What really happened in facility 6...

Day 1: Hiya Twily! It's nice to talk to you on less dire terms than before. I can't wait to tell you all about life in the Crystal Empire. But first, I gotta tell you about my new job. As captain of the Solar guard, it surprised me when the princess of the night approached me to see if I would be interested in becoming a participant in a project she had funded. Luna told me the ponies in the place I would be stationed needed my expertise in magical science, and the extra security from my magical defense talent wouldn't hurt either. She told me that I would be encouraged to bring some guards with me, if I were to say yes. I couldn't turn the offer down, so I didn't. Can you believe it? Luna asked for me personally! She will contact me tomorrow with more details and told me to pack my things, and that I'd be there awhile. I wonder what this project is all about... Well that's all for now! P.S. In the future, I'll be using a spell I learned from Celestia to send these letters to you like she does, so don't be alarmed if Spike coughs up something that's not from her.
-Shining

Day 2: The facility is located, get this, beneath the Everfree! I can only imagine how important this project could be if it needed this degree of secrecy. Anyway, this place is huge! It's hard getting used to living underground, but I'll be alright! Don't be too worried about your BBBFF! He's been through much worse...
-Shining

Day 3: Now that I'm unpacked, and beginning to be familiar with this place, I've learned what keeps the oxygen flowing and the light sources going: a powerful magical artifact. I've been told its kept in a triple sealed room, and that it's... Ornery. By that I mean highly fragile, and extremely dangerous if it breaks. Not a good combination, if you ask me. So there's that. There's also the fact that they've begun their experiments. We appear to be trying to use timberwolf DNA to extend sick ponies' lifespans. I'd say that's a pretty noble thing to do. I'm still wondering why Luna asked me to bring my guards along. It's not that I don't want them around, they're actually quite a fun group to be around. I just feel like its a little excessive for a science experiment. But she must know something I don't...
-Shining

Day 20: Well, we aren't nearly as far along as I projected we'd be at this point. Our efforts just aren't keeping up with our expectations! It can be very frustrating at times, and has even led to a few shouting matches between me and the researchers. We need to take a different approach. I think I'll suggest animal testing...
-Shining

Day 56: Not only did it take us this long to get approved for animal testing, but to top it all off, we've been given a deadline of three months to have our research come up with something noteworthy, or else we'll have our funding pulled! Can you believe that? Anyway, we are quintupling our efforts in a race to provide something. Makes me wonder though... Is there something Luna isn't telling us?
-Shining

Day 77: It's almost been a month since I've last spoken to you. I miss you, Mom, and Dad very much! But on the bright side of things, we've had a break through! We have been using sick rodents as our test subjects, and up until today, any serum we have created using timberwolf DNA has either worsened the subjects' sickness or provided no change. Today, I suggested we use the regenerative properties of timberwolves, coupled with the antibodies in the subject's system, so that its antibodies could heal it, and also replicate faster. We injected this new serum into a squirrel, who I've nicknamed roger. Roger at first showed no changes, but as the day went on, he began to appear healthier! It's a miracle! We'll run some more tests on him in the next couple of days, but I'm pretty certain that I may soon be out of here.
-Shining

Day 84: I'm so frustrated! Rogers's condition had been worsening the third day we did our tests on him. Yesterday, he flatlined for five thirty seconds before his heart started back up. We've obviously failed, and shall have to start all over again. Not looking forward to it! The princess also said that animal testing is now out of the question, even though she had been the one to approve it... Now why would that be?
-Shining

Day 99: Roger had been acting very weird ever since he'd flatlined... But I never thought it would come to this! He had become aggressive to all his fellow rodents. Nothing usually became of it, that is until this morning. He had managed to corner a rabbit. He began making a very strange noise, then proceeded to pounce on said rabbit. I've seen rabid squirrels before, but this was nothing like that. Roger actually fed on that bunny. We were forced to euthanize the occupants of the pen. After the gas settled, a few of the researchers went in with survival suits to dispose of the bodies in the incinerator. All of a sudden, roger came out of nowhere and leapt at one of the researchers. I did what I had to: I grabbed Roger with my magic and tossed him down the hatch of the incinerator. I then heard a cry of pain from the pen. I galloped over to it to find the bunny, half eaten an all, with its teeth sunk into one of the researcher's hind legs. I repeated the process with the bunny. The researcher was taken to the infirmary, where he said that although shaken, he was fine. I can't help but wonder, though... What in the wide wide world of Equestia have we created here?
-Shining

Day 100: we're all going to Tartarus. We deserve everything that's coming to us for messing with the laws of nature. Today, the researcher who was attacked complained he was feeling ill halfway through the day , and decided to take the rest of the day off. We were all surprised when he showed up later stumbling through the doors. I was thinking he had had too much cider, up until he lunged at a coworker and began biting him. It took six of my guards, of which a few were injured in the process, to pry him off and lock him in an office. He still is pounding on the windows and I can hear it from my room! I write this with a dagger under my pillow, and I can honestly say I have no clue as to how this will all turn out, though I have a pretty good idea of what's going to happen soon. -Shining

Day 101: I had a the worst dream last night. Everyone I held dear lay dead in a bloody room I had discovered. Mom, Dad. Cadence... I saw a figure hunched over a pony which looked like you. You appeared to be still struggling. I yelled at him to get off of you and he turned around. I looked into his eyes and saw mine gaze vacantly back at me. After waking up in terror, I realized I must never let this fear come to pass. I know now what I have to do, and I will do it no matter how long it takes me...
-Shining

Day 1??: It's been over one hundred days since my first one here, though I've lost count of exactly how many. In exactly one hour, I will be gone. Make no attempt to rescue me. I'm the last pony here who's actually still alive, anyway. Everypony else is either dead or undead. I have managed to get through two of the magical seals and am now attempting the third one as I write. When I get through, I'm going to overload that artifact, which will incinerate everything in the facility! I have to fix this. Tell Mom and Dad, I love them. Tell Cadence that I wish I could have been around longer for her. And to you, I am truly sorry. I have failed as a big brother. I have out your life in jeopardy, which is just another reason why I gotta do this. Well, I just got through... I hope one day you'll all forgive me. Farewell everyone! Please remember not to make the same mistakes we did here...
-Shining

Comments ( 10 )

It was a lot better than I had expected, good job bro:twilightsmile:

:rainbowderp: chilling, like a creepypasta

Wow! :pinkiehappy: I never expected this story to do this well! Thank you all so much!:twilightsmile:

This is a really good story, keep up the good work:pinkiesmile:

War Z
War Z
War Z
War Z
War Z
War FUCKIN Z
KILL YOUR SELF

2497076

"Whooooooaaa! Calm down there! You okay?:rainbowhuh: You can tell me what's wrong you know.:pinkiesmile: You don't have to repeat the same word over and over and over and over and over and over... Now you've got me doing it!:facehoof: Tell me what I did wrong, and maybe I'll fix it.... maybe.":trixieshiftright:

2497696 I think he wants to be a character in the fic, possibly add him to it, it may appease his small mind :ajsmug:

2497696 War Z... There is so much wrong in that that this fic should be deleted. Also ignore Jacob.

2497696 I realise this is a 6-month-old comment, but I figured you might be interested in knowing that poor 2497076's mental breakdown and loss of communication skills were likely caused by this game, rather than your fanfic. :derpytongue2:

Which is odd, as the game has no "story" whatsoever that can relate to this. Unlike, say, World War Z. :trollestia:

You are an excellent writer! I gave this story a 👍! I have also subscribed to you! (Is it called subscribing here? Well, you know what I mean. :derpytongue2:) Feel free to check out my stories, I would be honored! (No pressure though. :raritywink:) Great Job! :yay: :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment