• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 29,539 Views, 719 Comments

Transformers Prime: Friendship is Magic (A Hub Crossover Special) - thelastprime



A magical accident opens a portal to another planet, and brings fourth an adventure with the heroes of two worlds. (It could happen, Only on The Hub!)

  • ...
40
 719
 29,539

Chapter 4

"What do you mean, they just disappeared?" Agent Fowler yelled while on Ratchet's viewscreen.

"I mean, that a strange vortex portal has taken Optimus, and the others, to parts unknown." Ratchet replied.

"So you're telling me, that some freak of a black hole, just randomly appeared over the base, and sucked Prime and the others away? JUST LIKE THAT!" Fowler angrily screamed.

"Yes Agent Fowler, that is exactly the case." Ratchet said, in a forboding tone.

"That's it! I'm heading over there NOW, and you better not be blowing smoke up my backside. Fowler out!"

The view screen switches off, as Agent Fowler hangs up.

"So what happened out there?" Jack asked Miko, who was still shaken by the events that transpired.

"I don't know, this thing appeared over them in the sky. They were all on Wheeljack's ship, when it got sucked through, it disappeared." Miko explained, with tears in her eyes.

"Ratchet, do you have any idea where the portal could have taken them?" Raf asked the Autobot Medic.

"I fear, that, I do not know." Ratchet said grimly. "That portal could have sent them anywhere in the galaxy, or even to another one far away."

Raf, looked at Ratchet, with worry in his eyes.

"Guys, we can't give up hope." Jack said to the others, "There has to be a way. Ratchet, can't you track them? I mean, you can right?"

"I will try. Optimus...... Please, be alright."


In the Ponyville Library, Spike and Sweetie Belle were bored, VERY bored.

"It's not fair, I wanted to see the crashed meteor too." Spike said to the filly. "I'm also worried about Fluttershy. I hope she's ok."

"Me too Spike." The unicorn filly replied. "I never get to go on an adventure with Rarity. Well, except for the gem hunt earlier, but still. She gets to have all these exciting moments happen."

They were both interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Are they back?" Spike wondered as he goes to answer.

When he opens the door, it wasn't Twilight, but another familiar pony he knows from his early years.

"Shining Armor!" Spike called out.

"Hi Spike, it's great to see you again, little bro." Shining Armor replied. "Where's Twily, Cadence and I are both visiting Ponyville this week. We wanted to suprise her."

"Oh, well, she's out. It's just me and Sweetie Belle here." Spike answered.

"Hey there, i remember you from the wedding. Your Rarity's little sister right? You were also one of the flower girls."

"That's me!" Sweetie Belle squeaked.

"Anyways, can you two tell me where Twily went?"

"Sure," Spike responded, "She's over near the edge of Ponyville by Fluttershy's cottage. The others are with her. They're investigating some sort of meteor crash."

"A meteor crash? Sounds exciting." Shining Armor said as he takes his leave. "Thanks, and I'll see you later little bro."

"Good to see you again Shiny" Spike waved as Shining Armor took his leave.


As Bumblebee and the Mane 6 reach the edge of the Everfree Forest, he notices the ponies beginning to grow nervous.
Bumblebee, in his electronic voice begins to ask if everything was ok.

"Well, you see Bumblebee," Fluttershy began to respond, "This is the Everfree Forest. It's a very dangerous, and scary place. All sorts of monsters and creatures live in there. The place is very wild."

"Yeah, and super duper creepy. But it is the place where I found the mirror pool." Pinkie Pie added.

"Let's not go there sugarcube." Applejack interrupted, "I'd like not to remember that incident."

Bumblebee checks his wristmounted viewscreen again, to see the Autobots signals are still showing the rest of Team Prime deep in the forest.

"Well, no time like the present. Let's get going girls. Bumblebee, please lead the way." Twilight Sparkle said to the others, as they begin their trek into the forest.


"Ahh, geez." Wheeljack mumbled as the rest of the Autobots stand around the downed Jackhammer. "Engines are gonna take some time for me to repair it. At least she'll still be flyable later."

"In the meantime," Arcee added, "We need to find out where we are, and most importantly, find Bee."

"Agreed." Optimus said, "We must assess our current predicament, and our location. And search for our missing comrade."

"I'll see if I can locate him." Bulkhead said, as he also turns on his locater beacon. "Scrap, I can't get a signal. How about you guys."

"Nothing." Smokescreen said with his.

"Not even a blip." Arcee answered. "I think that crash did a number on us. At least the communicators work, albeit, short range only."

Optimus also turns on his locater, his seems to be functioning slightly. He notices his own position as well as the others around him, but at the same time, a faint blip off in the distance. It had to be Bumblebee.

"I believe I have his coordinates." Optimus said. "Autobots, transform, and roll out."

"You guys do that." Wheeljack said, as he continues to conduct his repairs on his ship.

"Arcee, stay with Wheeljack, and assist him in repairing the ship. Also, provide him with cover if he comes under attack." Optimus said to the female Autobot.

"You want me to babysit the cowboy?" Arcee objected.

"I want you to work with him. Autobots should not be feuding or holding grudges against each other." Optimus explained. "Like him or not, he is an Autobot. I will not leave one by himself in unfamiliar territory. You will be his backup. That is an order."

"Yes sir." Arcee said.

"Yeah Yeah, whatever." Wheeljack said, as he continues to work on the Jackhammer.

The rest of the Bots transform, and drive off.

As they continue to travel in vehicular form, they notice something large flying overhead through the clearing of the trees.
All of the bots quickly transform.

"Cons?" Smokescreen asked as he turns his hands into blasters.

Upon closer look, the gigantic flying object wasn't the Decepticon warship, but a giant reptilian creature, with spines on it's back, a large wingspan, and a very long tail. The Autobots couldn't believe their optics.

"Whoa!" Bulkhead yelled to the group, "Was that a Predacon?"

"Can't be," Smokescreen answered, "They're supposed to be extinct!"

"I do not believe so, as the creature looked far too organic." Optimus stated, "Suffice to say, It appears that we are currently no longer on Earth. Such a being, cannot possibly be indigenous to the Human world. The portal must have brought us to another planet."

"This is gonna be a problem then. Still, we have to find Bee." Bulkhead added.

"Agreed." Optimus replied.

As Optimus said this, suddenly the computer screen on his wrist shorts out. Seeing that the locater is now useless, he transforms his arm back to it's normal state.

"It appears we must find Bumblebee the old fashioned way." Optimus said, "Bulkhead, take Smokescreen with you and head north."

"Understood Optimus." Bulkhead replied.

"I won't let you down." Smokescreen saluted.

"Try to stay in communication range. Our radio is currently short range only." Optimus ordered. "We will cover more ground this way. Move out."


As Bumblebee continues to lead the ponies towards the other Autobots, his locater suddenly shorts out.

"What happened?" Twilight asked.

Bumblebee responds with his beeps.

"His locater thingamajig just busted." Pinkie Pie said to the others. "He said it took some damage in the crash."

"Great, so how are we gonna find the other aliens now?" Rainbow Dash complained.

"Well, I guess we head in the general direction of where the dots were before his equipment failed." Twilight explained.

"Ooh, I'll find them." Pinkie Pie shouted in excitement as she bolts off.

"Pinkie Pie no, come back here, we need to stay together!" Twilight shouted.

"I'll get her!" Applejack said as she takes off after her.

AJ, not you too!" Twilight groaned.

Before they knew it, both Earth Ponies had disappeared into the woods.

"I'll fly up and find them." Rainbow Dash said as she takes off into the sky.

She suddenly felt a tug on her tail.

"Not without me you're not! I'm not letting you out in these horrid woods all by yourself." Rarity said, using her magic to grab Dash's tail.

"Fine, climb on!" Rainbow Dash said, as Rarity climbed onto her back.

She then takes off to the air and flies off.

"Great, now those two are gone. Well I guess it's just us, right Fluttershy and Bumblebee?"

Bumblebee then begins to feel a sharp pain, he clutches his side, and falls over.

"Oh no, what's wrong?" Fluttershy asked in concern.

Bumblebee responds in his usual electronic language.

"I see, you're injured from that fall." Fluttershy said. She then turns to Twilight.

"I don't think he can go on too long. He needs to rest and recover."

"Alright Fluttershy, go ahead and take him back to your cottage. And make sure nopony else sees him. I don't want a panic to start."

"Got it Twilight." Fluttershy responded.

"Come on now Bumblebee, you need to recuperate."

Bumblebee gives a few beeps in objection.

"Please you need to stop before you hurt yourself even more."

Bumblebee gives another cluster of beeps and blips.

"Don't worry, the girls know the forest pretty well. They'll find your friends. Trust me."

Bee shakes his head slightly, but then gives in.

"There, it won't be so bad. I promise." Fluttershy said to him, as they begin to backtrack to her home.

"Are you sure you'll be ok by yourself Twilight? I really don't like leaving you here on your own, especially in the scary Everfree Forest." Fluttershy asked with concern.

"It's ok Fluttershy, I make journeys through here pretty often whenever I go to visit Zecora. I'll be fine." Twilight answered.

This slightly eased the pegasus' fear, but she still couldn't help but worry. The pair then began to make their way back to Fluttershy's house.


As Rainbow Dash flies through the air, Rarity was holding on for dear life.

"Slow Down Rainbow Dash, I'm slipping. WWWAAAAAHHHH!!!!"

"Heh, too fast for ya Rares?"

"This isn't funny. Somepony could get hurt. And these g-forces are ruining my mane."

"Fine." Rainbow Dash dejectedly said, as she slows down a bit.

"There, much better. You see? You CAN be a civilized pony. Doesn't it feel good?" Rarity asked.

"More like boring." Dash muttered.

As they fly through the air, they see a number of downed trees, it looked like something had plowed through the ground.

"Hey what's that?" Rainbow Dash asked as she flies closer to it.

"Dash, Darling, I don't think it to be wise.... AAAAAHHHHH!!!"

Rainbow Dash zips towards what appears to be a crash site. As they get closer, they see something that surprised them. A large metal object, and two more robots around it. One looked like it was doing some kind of work on the metal thing, while the other was just pacing back and forth.

"Whoa, I think we found them." Rainbow Dash said, as she lands behind a large rock to hide as Rarity dismounts her.

"Indeed." Rarity replied, "So now what do we do?"

"I don't know." Rainbow answered her.

"Well, this forest air is doing quite the number on my sinuses." Rarity said, as she feels a sneeze coming on.

"Oh no, Rarity, don't"

"Ah"

"Rarity"

"Ah"

"NO!"

"CHOOO!!!"


As Arcee continued to watch Wheeljack work on the Jackhammer, she began to groan to herself.

"I Can't believe Optimus just put me on curbside duty." She complained. "Especially being stuck with an insubordinate."

"You know, I can hear you as clear as day." Wheeljack replied.

"I wasn't talking to you!" Arcee snapped.

"Well, I'm the only other bot here." Wheeljack teased, "Unless you like talking to yourself."

Arcee sighed, and rolled her eyes.

Wheeljack then hears something behind him. A sneeze.

"What was that?" He said as he draws one of his swords out.

"Don't know, I'm checking it out." Arcee said

As she moves forward towards the rock, with her blaster hands drawn, she sees movement behind it.

"I know you're there, come out now!" She ordered.

Knowing they've been caught, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity slowly emerge from behind the rock.

"Umm, Hi there." Rainbow Dash greets the female Bot.

Arcee, was at a loss.

"What the? What, are you?"

"Uhh, my name's Rainbow Dash, I'm a pegasus pony, and this is my friend Rarity. She's a unicorn."

"A pleasure to meet you." Rarity said in elegance.

"I see. Yeah, Wheeljack, I don't think we're on Earth anymore."

Wheeljack walks up with his sword drawn.

"Easy there cowboy, I don't think they're hostile." Arcee said.

"So you guys can talk normally, for a sec there, I thought you'd also be speaking in bleeps and blips like Bumblebee." Rainbow said.

"Bumblebee? YOU KNOW WHERE HE IS?" Arcee was shocked.

"Yes, he's with our friends." Rarity answered.

"Is he alright?" Wheeljack asked.

"He's in good hooves, my friends are the most trustworthy ponies in all of Equestria." Rainbow said to the bots.

"Thank Primus." Arcee said with relief. "So Equestria, is this the world we're on?"

"You could say that." Rainbow Dash answered.

"Well, My name is Arcee, and this big jerk here, is Wheeljack."

"Thanks Cee." Wheeljack muttered.

"Cool, well, if you follow us, we should take you straight to your friend." Rainbow directed.


After a bit of a walk, Fluttershy and Bumblebee finally made it back to the cottage.
Bumblebee sits down and begins to rest, as he sees Fluttershy playing with a bunch of animals.
He addresses her with his electronic tongue.

"Oh, well, I'm a caretaker of these animals. They're my very good friends."

Bumblebee nodded, and bleeped again in conversation.

"How, well, I'm not sure why I can understand what you're saying, but I've always had this ability to communicate with animals. Maybe it has something to do with it."

Bumblebee stares at Fluttershy in wonder. Was she like Raf? He wondered. Maybe they share some sort of connection.


Bumblebee gently pets her. This calms her down. For a giant metal robot, he was quite gentle towards her.

One of the bunnies around Fluttershy then hops up to the Autobot.

"Oh, I think she likes you, go ahead, pick her up."

Bumblebee gently scoops the small animal into his hand.

"That's Snowflake, she's a bunny that was hurt. But now she's all better and ready to go home."

As they continue to converse, they hear someone approaching.

"Bumblebee, quick, hide!"

Bee sets the bunny down, transforms into vehicle mode, and hides behind Fluttershy's house.

As the figure approaches, it's revealed to be Shining Armor.

"Hello Fluttershy, I'm visiting Ponyville this week with Cadence. Is Twily here? I was told she's at your place investigating some meteor crash."

"Oh, good afternoon Shining Armor." Fluttershy responded. "It's good to see you again."

"It's great to see you too." Shining Armor said. "So where's Twily and the others?"

"Oh, in the Everfree Forest, searching for the, umm, meteor crash, yes, that's it." Fluttershy nevously replied.

"What? They're in that Celestia forsaken forest?" Shining Armor gasped.

"I need to find them. NOW! Hang on Twily, you're BBBFF is on his way!"

"WAIT!!!" Fluttershy called out, but Shining Armor had already galloped towards the forest.

"Oh no, I didn't want him to find out about the aliens just yet. Bumblebee what am I going to do?"

Bumblebee drives back from behind the cottage, and transforms back into robot mode.
He simply picks up Fluttershy, and holds her, as they both watch the Unicorn head into the forest.

Author's Note:

This chapter kinda dragged on a little more than I liked.
But I'm glad I completed it.
The next chapter, or two, will still involve First Contact between the Autobots and Ponies. Once I've finished with that bit, then it's time for the Decepticons.

The picture of Bumblebee and Fluttershy was drawn by an artist on DeviantArt named "FrostedIceFire"
Check out her stuff. It's pretty good.