• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 29,535 Views, 719 Comments

Transformers Prime: Friendship is Magic (A Hub Crossover Special) - thelastprime



A magical accident opens a portal to another planet, and brings fourth an adventure with the heroes of two worlds. (It could happen, Only on The Hub!)

  • ...
40
 719
 29,535

Chapter 10

It was around late afternoon. Twilight Sparkle had returned with Optimus from the Canterlot libraries fairly early this day.
As Optimus drives up to her treehouse library, the two notice Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack seemingly waiting for her.
Twilight exits Optimus, as he transforms into robot mode.

"Oh, Hi Twilight." Fluttershy greeted the alicorn princess. "I see you're back early today. Is everything ok?"

"I'm fine Fluttershy, Optimus and I came back home early today, because, well, Princess Luna found it, the book containing the spell that will return the Autobots home." Twilight responded, as she levitates the book out of her saddle bag.

"It will still take some time for me to learn it, however."

"Oh, well, I'm glad you'll be going home soon, Optimus. And all of the Autobots.........All of you...." Fluttershy replied, with a sad look on her face, clearly upset.

"It's alright sugarcube, We know this day would come." Applejack said to the pegasus, trying to comfort her.

"I know, but still, I don't want to Bumblebee to leave." Fluttershy, with tears forming, stated.

"I know how you feel Fluttershy, believe me, I truly do. I don't want Optimus to leave either. He's become someone I really look up to, like a second mentor next to Princess Celestia. But, he has his responsibilities back on this Planet Earth, to protect the beings who live there from evil." Twilight explained.

"Fluttershy," Optimus said to the pegasus, placing his giant finger under her chin, "I am truly grateful, and honored you think so highly of us. And I thank you for your friendship. I clearly see that you and Bumblebee have forged a strong bond with each other. It pains me to see you and our scout to be inevitably separated by worlds, but the friendship you have forged with him, with us, and with me, will always be true."

Fluttershy gave a smile, she knew he was right, they didn't belong in Equestria, and asking them to stay while Earth fell to the Decepticons would be a selfish act. She knew it was for the greater good.

She nodded, "Thank you Optimus."

"Well, it ain't time to say goodbye yet, sugarcube." Applejack stated, "Twi still needs to master the spell, and that can take some time. So until then, go spend whatever time you can with Bee. I know I'm hanging with that big lug, Bulkhead, as much as I can."

The statement Applejack, gave Optimus a worried look.

"Somethin' wrong there big guy?" Applejack asked in concern.

"I am greatly worried about the well being of planet Earth, and the humans." Optimus stated, "We have been offworld for far too long. I only hope that Megatron has not conquered it already. The human military can only hold out for so long."

"I understand, time is off the essence." Twilight replied.

"Well, onto other news," Twilight addressed the others, "as you know, the Grand Galloping Gala is coming up again. Much to Princess Luna's objection, Princess Celestia decided to hold it during the day this year. It's mainly because many dignitaries from other kingdoms are coming this year. Princess Celestia gave two tickets!"

"THE GALA?" the rest of the girls replied in unison.

"Yes, it will be tomorrow. Who wants to come with me?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, Thanks for the offer, but the last time we went to the Gala, it was no fun at all." Pinkie Pie complained.

"I think I'll pass this time as well, Twilight." Fluttershy replied.

"Sorry sugarcube, but me too. Not to mention I got a lot of work on the farm this time around." Applejack also responded.

"But, the princess, the tickets...." Twilight pleaded.

"Hmm, if it is a formal gathering hosted by Princess Celestia, then I will accompany you." Optimus said.

"Really, you mean it?" Twilight beamed with a huge smile on her face. It was large enough to make Pinkie jealous.

"I will go to this, Gala, with you, my young friend." Optimus answered.

Pinkie, Applejack, and Fluttershy looked at Optimus, dumbfounded.

Twilight Sparkle was overjoyed.

"YES!...... YES! YES! YES! YES!" Twilight shouted as she skipped around like a school filly.

"Hey Optimus, why would you wanna go to a big boring snorefest like the Gala?" Pinkie Pie asked, "I also thought that Primes don't Party. That's what Smokescreen told me."

"I believe a formal gathering such as this one would help the rest of your world understand us Cybertronians. Also, it would be rude of me not to show, especially if Princess Celestia went through the trouble securing the passes for us." Optimus answered.

"How about Rainbow Dash, and Rarity? Wouldn't they like to go?" Fluttershy asked.

"Nah, Dashie's too busy hanging out with Arcee." Pinkie Pie answered.

"And Rare's too busy keepin' an eye on Sweetie Belle, makin' sure she ain't being badly influenced by Wheeljack." Applejack explained.

"I see." Twilight answered, "Well, I'm going to the library now. It's time I began studying this spell."

She then opens the door to the library.

"Spike? Spike are you home? Where are you?" She called for her dragon.

"Oh, Spike isn't here right now. He's out gem hunting." Fluttershy explained.

"Huh, why would he be out hunting gems at this hour?" Twilight asked.

"Well, he's helping Smokescreen gather the gems he needs to pay off the school." Fluttershy answered.

"Pay off the school? What happened?" Twilight asked with a puzzled look on her face.

"It's a long story sugarcube....." Applejack stated.

"Speaking of gathering resources, I will be helping the other Autobots gather and mine for some Energon. I will bid you all a farewell, for now." Optimus said, as he transforms into this truck mode, and then drives off in the distance.


"Hey, Smokescreen!" Spike called out the the Autobot, "There's some more over here!"

Spike had dug up a good number of gemstones. From rubies, to sapphires, to diamonds.

"Hey, thanks a bunch Spike, you're really saving my tailpipe today." Smokescreen said to the dragon.

"No problem, beats sitting home all day with nothing to do. Twilight hasn't been around lately, and besides, I never leave a friend hanging." Spike responded.

"Isn't Rarity the expert at this? How come you didn't ask her to help?" Smokescreen asked.

"She's kinda busy today. Yeah, I wish she was here too." Spike responded, as he gave a sigh, and his cheeks turned red.

"What about these?" Smokescreen asked as he picked up a number of multi colored jewels.

"Those will do nicely." Spike said, as he places the jewels Smokescreen handed to him in his bag.

"I think a few more, and we'll be set. You'll have enough to pay back the school." Spike stated.

"This, is probably the most embarrassing thing to happen to me." Smokescreen said, as a blip went off on his sensor.

"Hey, I think there's some Energon here too. I'm getting a reading. Gonna go check it out real quick. Be right back." With that, Smokescreen walks off towards the source of the blip.

Spike simply sighed, as he continued to think about Rarity. Not only did he want to help Smokescreen pay back the damages he did, but also find the perfect jewel for the unicorn he loved so much.

He then sees something shimmering in the ground. As Spike got closer, he sees that it's diamond. He begins to dig.
Has he continues to paw at the ground, he unearths more of it. He then realizes, this diamond was fairly large. It was about double the size of his body.

"JACKPOT!" Spike shouted as he tries to pull it out of the ground. "This thing really looks tasty, but no, I can't eat it. It's gonna be the perfect gift for Rarity."

Using all of his might, he finally gets it out of the hole. He then looks at it, in all of it's majesty, and beauty. It was magnificent, and delicate looking, just like Rarity. Spike was excited, as he couldn't wait to give it to her. He's going to need Smokescreen's help in order to bring it back to Ponyville.

As Spike began to roll the diamond on the ground, he then sees a large shadow coming up from behind him.

"Hey Smokescreen," Spike began to say, "Did you find the Energon?"

"What are you babbling about shrimp!" a voice, not Smokescreen's, answered.

Spike immediately froze in place. It wasn't the Autobot, but someone else he encountered earlier on, someone he hoped never to see again.

Spike slowly turned around, to see a familiar teenage red dragon standing behind him.

"Well well, if it isn't the pony loving twerp. Long time no see Spike!" Garble taunted. "I still haven't paid you back for that whole incident with the phoenixes."

"Oh NO!" Spike yelled in terror.

"And I think I'll start, by taking that precious, and delicious looking diamond of yours!" Garble said, as he began to move towards Spike.

"NO! You can't!" Spike defiantly yelled, trying to protect the diamond.

"Ha, is that for your pony girlfriend? Don't make me laugh." Garble said, as he grabs Spike, and throws him aside.

"NOOOOO!" Spike yelled. But it was too late.

He then sees Garble, chomp into the diamond, and with four or five bites, it was gone.

Spike just sat there, with tears in his eyes.

"Ok, fine, you ate the diamond. You got me back. Now please, just, leave me alone." Spike sadly stated.

"Oh no, no, no...." Garble replied, "I'm not done with you yet."

"Wha? What do you mean?" Spike, now terrified began to back up.

"I'm still gonna make you pay for humiliating me in front of my boys last time. So now, I'm gonna turn you into lunchmeat!" Garble threatened, as he hissed, and extended his claws.

Suddenly an even larger figure stood behind Garble, and grabbed him by the tail, and lifted him up.

"BRING IT!" Smokescreen angrily stated, while holding the teenage dragon by the tail upsidedown.

"HUH??!! WHAT THE??!!" Garble yelled in shock.

"Who's the tough guy now, you Predacon scum?" Smokescreen said, as he shook him.

"WHAT ARE YOU? What's with this metal freak?" Garble yelled.

"What's the matter, can't fight someone bigger than you?" It was Smokescreen's turn to taunt the dragon.

Garble breathes a stream of fire into Smokescreen's face, but it seemed to have little effect.

"You just made your second big mistake! Your first was messing with my little buddy there!" Smokescreen was furious.

"Smokescreen, wait!" Spike yelled to the Autobot. "Please, I know he's a jerk, but, just don't hurt him. You're already in trouble as it is."

"Are you kidding?" Smokescreen said in surprise, "This guy just tried to frag you, and you're telling me to let him go?"

"Please, I just don't want anyone getting hurt. And I don't want to see you get into any more trouble. Optimus wouldn't approve of this." Spike explained.

Smokescreen looked at Spike, then at Garble, who was terrified. Seeing the fear in the dragon punk's eyes made Smokescreen realize what he was doing.

"You're right kid. Optimus wouldn't do this. And this isn't how Autobots should act."

Smokescreen then drops Garble on the ground, as he lands on his head hard.

"OWWW!" Garble complained.

"Get lost punk! If I ever catch you messing with any of my friends again, you're scrap!" Smokescreen threatened.

He then gets back up, and flaps his wings to fly away.

"You just made a big mistake, you metal freak. I'll be back, and I'll make you pay. Don't think you're off my hit list either Spike!" He yelled as he flew away.

"Hey, Spike, you ok?" Smokescreen asked the clearly shaken dragon.

"I'll be fine. Thanks, Smokescreen, for bailing me out." The dragon answered.

"Hey, no problem-o, little guy." The Autobot replied to the little dragon.

The duo then began to make their way back to Ponyville.

"Man, I was about ready to turn that punk inside out. But, yeah I know, what you said was the right thing. Still, I HATE bullies!" Smokescreen stated, as he and Spike began to make their way back to Ponyville.


After making it back to Ponyville, Spike and Smokescreen had delivered the gems to Miss Cheerilee, the teacher. She would deliver the message to the Mayor, telling her that his debt to the school had been fully repaid. Smokescreen was off the hook.

Feeling good about being out of debt, he took a leisurely stroll through Ponyville, towards Sugarcube Corner, to meet up with his favorite Pink Pony. As he walked down the street, he then suddenly feels someone hitting him from behind. It was hard enough to knock him down.

"Huh? Who did that?" Smokescreen shouted, as he gets back up.

"Told you this isn't over!" Garble yelled, this time he had a number of other teenage dragons with him.

"You!" Smokescreen yelled, "I thought I told you to get lost!"

Smokescreen then raises his fists.

"I wouldn't try that if I were you!" Garble said, as he points to one of his dragon buddies, holding Spike, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie hostage. They were tied up in rope, and gagged with a white cloth over their mouths.

"Let them go!" Smokescreen yelled.

"You're in no position to make demands, freak." Garble said, "I'm gonna run this town, and make the ponies service us! If you know what's good for your little friends, you'll back off."

"No way." Smokescreen stated, as he lunges towards the dragons. He punches the one holding Pinkie Pie, then catches her before she hits the ground. He then quickly undoes the ropes, and pulls the cloth off of her mouth.

"Pinkie, you alright?"

"I'm a-ok Smokescreen!" She responded. "But you have to save Fluttershy and Spike from those dragon meanies. I'm gonna go get Applejack, Dashie, and Twilight. They'll help us!"

"Go, quickly!" Smokescreen instructed.

"Aye-Eye!" Pinkie saluted as she ran off towards the library.

"Hang on Flutters, Spike, I'll get you guys out of there." Smokescreen reassured them.

"You can't stop us, This town is ours. Get'em boys!" Garble yelled, as the dragons fly towards the Autobot.

Smokescreen swung his fists, knocking down two of the dragons, but three more swooped down, and began dive bombing him.

Garble held on to both Fluttershy and Spike as they struggled.

Soon the dragons began to slam into Smokescreen, as they claw, shoot fire, and ram him.

Smokescreen did his best to hold off the onslaught, as he then turns his hands into his blasters. He began to shoot at the flying dragons wildly.

"Too slow!" One of the dragons taunted, as he swoops down, and bites into Smokescreen's neck.

"Get..... OFF!" Smokescreen yelled, as he pries the dragon off of him.

Smokescreen realized he was in over his head, there were too many of them. The dragons continued to swoop at him, while some of the others began to terrorize the ponies around town. Garble then flies up to him and kicks him in the face, knocking the Autobot down.

"Now watch as I turn your big bodyguard into metal shavings!" Garble said to Spike and Fluttershy, still tied up as he has them clenched in his fists.

The dragon punks had Smokescreen's limbs pinned on the ground, as Garble walked up to him.

"Say goodnight!" Garble taunted, as he raised his claw.

Then, suddenly what looked like a wrecking ball slams Garble in the face, sending him flying into a house, leaving a huge hole in it. Fluttershy and Spike where sent flying in the air, when another large figure caught them before they hit the ground.

Bulkhead, had sent Garble flying, while Bumblebee had safely caught Fluttershy and Spike before any harm could come to them.

The other dragons looked on in astonishment.

Garble climbs out of the hole from the side of the house, and looks on.

"What? You mean, there's more of the metal monsters?"

"Wanna know something?" Bulkhead began to say, "See, when you mess with one member of Team Prime, guess what? Now you got all of us to deal with. Nobody, and I mean, NOBODY, messes with one of our friends, and gets away with it."

Bulkhead smashes his wrecking ball hands together, Bumblebee unties Fluttershy and Spike. Wheeljack stood next to Bulkhead, ready to fight.

"Thank you Bumblebee. You saved us from those horrible dragons." Fluttershy said, as she hugs the side of his face.

"WHAT'S A DRAGON?" Both Bulkhead and Wheeljack asked in unison.

Bumblebee gave his electronic response.

"They look like Predacons, Bee, but Optimus says they aren't." Bulkhead replied.

Bumblebee then turns his attention to Spike, and Fluttershy, and speaks in his blips and bleeps. Fluttershy understandingly nods to him.

"he says we need to clear out." Fluttershy translated to Spike, as they make a break for it.

"Looks like there's gonna be some fun after all." Wheeljack stated, as he draws his swords, and activates his faceplate.

"What are you morons standing around for? GET THEM!" Garble shouted as he and the rest of the dragons charge at the Bots.

"Finally, SOME ACTION! You stinkin' Preds picked the wrong Bot to mess with." Wheeljack yelled, as he and the rest of the bots also charge.

What happened next was absolute mayhem in Ponyville, as the Bots and Dragons began their massive brawl in the town.

Bumblebee punched out a number of dragons, as they slammed into buildings, causing them to crumble. Smokescreen shot at a few of them, causing them to also crash. Some of his stray blasts got too close to the ponies, as they tried to flee for their lives. Bulkhead and Wheeljack continued to pummel any dragon that got in their way, destroying carts, and wagons in the chaos.

Garble and Smokescreen faced each other, as the dragon clawed at his armor. Smokescreen grabs him, and winds his fist up, then delivers a massive punch to the dragon's face, sending him crashing into Sugarcube corner, destroying the roof of the building. The mayhem continued on, as the Bots and Dragons tore up the section of Ponyville. Ponies continued to flee the area, and structures around them were being destroyed by the brawl. The dragons then regroup around Garble. Right when he was about to order another charge at the Autobots, several laser shots came out of nowhere right between the bots and dragons. From the distance, the see the source.

It was Arcee, with Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Optimus Prime standing behind her.
Arcee had a very angry look on her face.

"How many of these metal freaks are there?" Garble yelled in frustration.

"Have all of you BLOWN YOUR SERVOS?!" Arcee scolded the rest of the Bots.

The rest of the Autobots then realized what had happened. The ensuing fight to save their friends, ended up with the result half the town being destroyed.

"Oooohh, scrap...." Bulkhead muttered, when he finally saw the gravity of the situation.

"Ha, now's our chance!" Garble tried to lunge at Bulkhead, when suddenly, he was surrounded by a golden aura. It suspended him in mid-air.

"Hey, what gives?" He yelled, as the source of the aura was revealed. Princess Celestia had decended from the sky.

Optimus seeing the destruction done to the town by his own Autobots, simply shook his head, in dismay.

"You, Garble, I believe that's your name." Princess Celestia addressed the Dragon, "I want you out of this town, and don't ever return! By my decree, you and your dragon gang are here by banished from Ponyville!"

"Who's gonna make me?" Garble said in defiance.

Suddenly Optimus Prime walked up to the dragon.

"You will vacate the premises as commanded by the princess." Optimus sternly said. "Failure to obey such proceedings, will result...... in serious REPERCUSSIONS!"

Optimus turns his hand into his blade and points it at Garble's face.

Garble gulps hard.

"Y..Y..YES SIR!" he fearfully responded.

"Come on guys. This isn't worth it. Let's get out of here."

And with that, all of the teenage dragons began to retreat, and fly away towards the horizon.

"And stay gone, ya lousy varmints!" Applejack yelled.

The Autobots, especially Smokescreen then, sheepishly look at Princess Celestia, who had a rather stern look on her face.

"I know what you're about to say, your majesty," Smokescreen started, "And before you say anything, I just want to let you know. This was all my fault. The others were only trying to help me. Please don't blame them."

"Are you all out of your minds?!" Arcee yelled at the others. "Our job is to protect others, not wreck the place in some idiotic street fight! I swear Smokescreen, you just CAN'T stay out of trouble."

"Arcee, please." Princess Celestia addressed the female Autobot, "let me speak for the moment."

"Sorry, your highness." Arcee backed down.

"Spike explained everything to me in a letter he sent. I understand that you technically didn't start this conflict. I also know that you and the others were trying to protect my subjects from harm. Your hearts, or rather, Sparks I should say, were in the right place. However, what all of you did, was extremely reckless."

The Autobots, simply stared at the ground the entire time, embarressed by their actions. Wheeljack, however, simply had his arms crossed, and looked at the princess as she spoke.

"We're guests on this world. The Princess allowed us to stay here with her people. And this is how you repay her?" Arcee seethed at the others.

The Mane 6 and Spike simply looked at the Autobots sadly while they were being reprimended.

"Princess Celestia, I just want to let you know, that, I'm really sorry for all of this. If you need to kick anyone out of town, it should be me." Smokescreen said, kneeling in front of the Princess.

"Oh no, I won't banish any of you from the town. Like I said, I know all of you meant well. So for repayment, Optimus and I have come to an agreement." Celestia explained.

"An agreement?" Bulkhead asked.

"Indeed Bulkhead," Optimus answered. "You will all help with the reconstruction of Ponyville. Since it was our fault, we must be the ones doing the repairs."

"Well, you're in luck Princess," Bulkhead stated, "Before I became a warrior, I used to work in construction. This is second nature to me."

"Yer full of surprises, Bulk!" Applejack said to the bot.

"Ohh, I love surprises!" Pinkie Pie chimed in.

"After you have reconstructed the town, you will all remain in vehicular form, as punishment for the rest of the day."

"Y...yes, Optimus. I understand." Smokescreen replied.

"Hold on a sec. Last I recall, I'm not exactly a part of your little club, Prime." Wheeljack said. "I'll help you guys rebuild the town, but I ain't staying in V-Mode for the rest of the day. I still need to work on the Jackhammer."

"Wheeljack, while you are on this world, it is best you follow my orders." Optimus said.

"yeah, whatever." Wheeljack scoffed.

"Such a barbarian." Rarity muttered under her breath.

"I'm glad you're all taking responsibily for this. I wouldn't have expected any less." Princess Celestia said, satisfied. "I want to let you all know, I still consider you my friends. I'm a little disappointed in your actions, but I know you all mean well."

"Remember, all of you," Optimus stated to the others, "Upon this world, much like on Earth, we Autobots are Titans. Our power and abilities must be used with great care, and responsibly. Endangering others, be they Autobots, Ponies, or Humans, will NOT be tolerated."

"YES SIR!" The rest of Team Prime respond.

"Now then, let us begin with the reconstruction." Optimus said, as Celestia and Twilight look at the Autobot leader. Twilight's felt an even greater admiration for Optimus.


Little do any of them know, Soundwave was watching the entire time. He then transforms into his drone form, and flies off.


"Lord Megatron," Dreadwing reported, "Soundwave has returned."

"Excellent." Megatron replied.

They then see Soundwave walk into the bridge.

Right as Soundwave entered he began to plug his tentacles into the computer console.

Numerous images and videos from the day's events in Ponyville began appearing on the screen, as Megatron and the Decepticons looked on.

"Ah, so these Autobots do have a weakness after all. They won't risk any harm to befall the ponies." A familiar female voice said from behind Megatron.

"I would prefer that you not show unannounced.......Chrysalis." Megatron seethed.

"Please, is that any way to treat your friend?" Chrysalis replied, as she walked up to the Decepticon leader.

"Uhhggg. Those, bugs are back." Knockout muttered under his breath to a nearby Vehicon.

"We are not FRIENDS, organic!" Megatron said in disgust, "You are merely my means of leaving this wretched planet."

"Well, no matter. It looks like we can exploit this flaw which Optimus suffers from. His compassion for Celestia and her subjects, will be his downfall." Chrysalis cackled.

"FOOL! Do you not realize I already have this information?! I've known Optimus for eons, of course we'll exploit this!" Megatron angrily answered. "I don't need YOU to explain that to me! Just be prepared to hold up your end of the bargain, and transport us back to Earth."

"Well, I too have a plan of action." Chrysalis replied. "You see, Princess Celestia will be having her annual ball, known as The Grand Galloping Gala. My spies have already shown that the Capital of Canterlot will be protected by a powerful force field created by her most elite unicorn guard. I will infiltrate the Gala, and bring the shield down. Then you and your forces can invade."

"I believe she is correct my lord." Knockout stated. "There's a powerful energy field coming form their capital. Our weapons are currently still weakened from the crash."

"So be it. Bring the force field down, and we will find this spell to return us home. But not before we gather the Energon at the mountain." Megatron ordered.

"Yes, my lord." Dreadwing answered. "Be ready to do your part, insect."

"Of course, Mister Dreadwing." Chrysalis teased.

Dreadwing simply grunted.

"I also have some good news. The engines are fully repaired. We should achieve flight in a matter of hours." Knockout reported.

"Ah, finally, some good news. Perhaps you're not such a failure after all, Knockout." Megatron said to the medic, "Dreadwing, prepare the troops."

Author's Note:

This Chapter was re-edited. If anyone saw the early release of Beast Hunters from the Singapore stream, The Autobots have never heard of dragons. So I changed some things to fit the canon, like the Bots calling Garble and his gang "Predacons."