• Published 16th Jan 2013
  • 6,641 Views, 163 Comments

Kaidan's Short Stories: Vol. 1 - Teen - Kaidan



A collection of all my one-shot stories. From the comedies for everyone, to mature sci-fi crossovers, and featuring a dozen story prompts from friends. You'll find a great collection of my short stories from 2013 onward here.

  • ...
15
 163
 6,641

27. It's a Boy! :: T/Co

Twilight has a baby, and the search is on for the father.

{Teen} {Comedy}

“Push!” Doctor Stable said.

Twilight took a deep breath and pushed. She could feel her foal wiggling to get out, and were it not for the epidural she’d be in even more pain. Before today, Twilight found it hard to imagine such pain existed.

“Ugh. . . Nnnngh!” Twilight started gasping as she felt the baby deliver.

“Congratulations!” Doctor Stable levitated the baby to the nearby table.

Twilight could hear him and the nurse whispering. A feeling of fear passed through her and she sat up. “What’s going on?”

“It’s okay—it’s a boy. . . minotaur,” he replied.

“W-what?” She looked at her baby and felt herself blushing. “I, uh—”

“Easy, Twilight. No need to explain. The heart wants what the heart wants,” Nurse Redheart stated.

“Hehe, yeah, I guess so. . .”


Iron Will had done a circuit around Equestria as a motivational speaker. There was only one town he hadn’t done yet: Ponyville. He had told himself it was just inconvenient, that there were more profitable towns out there. Yet he knew it was because it was the only town where a pony had dared tell him no.

He walked into town, prepared to prove he still had what it takes. In fact, Fluttershy’s refusal to pay for the seminar because she wasn’t satisfied took a great deal of assertiveness. In a way, perhaps Iron Will should view Ponyville as his biggest success.

Ponies began stealing glances at him and whispering. It gave him an uneasy feeling, so he walked up to a mint-green mare. “Excuse me, what are you all whispering about?”

“I’m sorry, we don’t talk to deadbeat dads around here,” Lyra said.

“Never apologize when you can criticize! I mean, deadbeat dad? What makes you think that?”

She shook her head and walked away.

Don’t get mad, get even. He shook his head and walked towards the town hall, which had offered to host his seminar. It had been kind of the mayor to offer it to him for free. A rainbow-colored pegasus seemed to be darting around, following him.

“Hey, fatty!” Dash shouted. “What’d you do to Twilight?”

Iron Will looked up at her. “What are you talking about?”

She flew down right in front of his face and poked him in the hose. “You got her pregnant and skipped town! Give me one good reason not to kick your flank!”

He put his hooves up and shook his head. “Whoa, you’ve got the wrong minotaur! If you don’t back down, you’re in for a beat down.”

“Ha! Like there are any other minotaurs around here. This isn’t over, pal. I’ll be back, with friends!” Dash turned around and flew off into the distance.

This was perhaps the oddest visit Iron Will had ever made to a town. He saw an apple stand and decided to get a snack and ask the vendor what was going on. He walked across the street and looked at a basket full of ripe, red apples. The orange pony behind the stall seemed to be grinding her teeth.

“Uh, hi, how much for an apple?” Iron Will asked.

“For you? A hundred bits,” Applejack said.

“What? That’s preposterous! I won’t be a sucker, I’m a bad ass mother f—”

“Try me, pal,” Applejack interrupted. “Ah’ll buck ya to Canterlot if ah see you anywhere near Twilight!”

“Twilight? What the hell is wrong with this mare?” he pondered.

“Wrong! Y’all have got some nerve coming back here after what you did!”

“What I did? I haven’t gotten anypony in this town pregnant!”

“Ya know damn well what y’all have done, now scram!”

Iron Will felt his rage growing but knew he had to control it. He decided to go let the, mayor know he changed his mind and was not going to do the seminar. He could make ten times as much in Fillydelphia doing a seminar.

He had barely made it fifty feet down the road when a familiar pegasus walked out from behind a corner and spotted him. “You!”

“Oh, good afternoon, Fluttershy.” Iron Will smiled. “How have my lessons paid off for you?”

“Don’t you ‘good afternoon’ me, mister! You’re going to march right over to Twilight’s with me and apologize.”

“What? You guys have got this all wrong. Besides, I don’t apologize, I criticize!”

Fluttershy stared at him and he felt something he had not in a long time: fear. He couldn’t look away from her eyes, they held him captive as she commanded him. “You’re going to turn around and march straight to the library!”

“Okay.” Iron Will felt a tad dizzy and found himself compelled to obey. He shook his head and realized he had walked to the library. “Oh, I must have zoned out.”

Fluttershy opened the door and gestured for him to go inside. Once they had entered, he saw a baby minotaur ramming his horns into a bookshelf. Spike was trying to contain the damage, and Twilight was half-studying and half-sleeping on her work desk.

“Twilight, I brought someone here to apologize to you,” Fluttershy said.

She turned around and saw Iron Will, snapping wide awake. “I-Iron Will?!” Twilight got down from the chair.

“And you are Twilight then? The mare everyone thinks I got pregnant?” he asked.

“How dare you—”

“It’s okay, Fluttershy,” Twilight interrupted. “I, uh. . . well I don’t know how to say this, so I’ll just say it. He isn’t the father.”

“Thank you,” Iron will said.

“What?” Fluttershy asked.

“He, um. . . isn’t the father, okay?” Twilight answered.

“Then who is?” Fluttershy responded.



“Personal?” she parroted.

“Yes. Thank you for stopping by. Please go now,” Twilight stated.

Fluttershy was baffled but turned around and walked out the door.

I’m getting the hell out of this town, everypony is crazy. Iron Will followed her outside and saw the rainbow maned pony from earlier hovering in the air with a dozen other pegasi.

“There he is! The minotaur that got Twilight pregnant and ran away!” Dash told her weather team. “Let’s toss him out of town like the trash he is!”

Fluttershy looked up. “Hi, Dash. It’s okay, Twilight says he isn’t the father.”

“What? Don’t be crazy, he’s the only minotaur for hundreds of miles!” Dash shouted.

“Well, she said I wasn’t, so if you’ll excuse me I’m getting the hell out of dodge,” Iron Will said.

“What’s Dodge Junction gotta do with this?” Dash asked.

“No, Dashie, it’s an expression,” Fluttershy replied.

Iron Will slinked off towards the edge of town while they spoke in front of the library, glad to have finally gotten out of the crazy town.


Once Twilight was alone, she teleported out to the edge of the Everfree. It was here she had discovered the love of her life, and he stepped out of the bushes under the moonlight. He had large horns, a faded brand, and a ring through his nose.

“Moo.”

She smiled and bent over, inviting the bull to ride her.

Author's Note:

Story Prompt by Samey 90 - Twilight gives birth to a pony-minotaur hybrid. Iron Will has a hard time explaining that he's not the father.

Feel free to request stories for me to write.