• Published 16th Jan 2013
  • 6,648 Views, 163 Comments

Kaidan's Short Stories: Vol. 1 - Teen - Kaidan



A collection of all my one-shot stories. From the comedies for everyone, to mature sci-fi crossovers, and featuring a dozen story prompts from friends. You'll find a great collection of my short stories from 2013 onward here.

  • ...
15
 163
 6,648

22. My Life as a Wonderbolt :: E/Sl

First chapter of a canceled idea.
I’ve finally been accepted to the Wonderbolts, and things couldn’t be going more perfectly. . . that is, until I found my loyalty divided.



“Dash, You’ve got mail!” Derpy shouted.

“Go away, it’s too early!” I yelled back from my bedroom.

“But you got a letter from the Wonderbolts!”

My eyes snapped open, and in an instant I had flung off the bed sheets. I leapt towards the door and flew through it before turning and diving down the stairs. Then I turned right and zoomed to the front door. A little too eagerly I threw it open, and the cloud door dissolved as it hit Derpy in the face.

“Ouch!” Derpy said.

“Sorry, where is it? Where is it?!” I asked.

Derpy smiled and looked at me with one eye. “Right here!” She held a letter up in her hoof.

I snatched it from her and tore it open.

Dear Rainbow Dash,

Congratulations! I am pleased to inform you that your application to the Wonderbolts has been accepted!

Given your exceptional performance at tryouts and our Flight Camp, you have been chosen to fill the slot recently vacated by Silver Lining. Training for the competition in Canterlot versus the Shadowbolts begins next Monday. Please move into your new apartment in Cloudsdale by then, and get your affairs in order.

Again, congratulations on being accepted to the team. We look forward to training with you!

Sincerely,

Spitfire.

“Yes! Yes, yes yes!” I shouted. I leapt forward and hugged Derpy, dropping the letter.

“Congratulations!” She said before I hugged her so tightly she squealed.

“It’s finally happened Derpy! I need to tell everyone, I’ve got to go tell Fluttershy—no Scootaloo—no Pinkie, she’ll have the party ready in ten seconds flat!”

“Let go!” Derpy whispered.

“Huh?” I stopped hugging her and heard her suck in a huge breath of air.

“Whew!” Derpy took a step back. “Heh, good work, but no more hugs!” She took off and flew back towards town.

I glanced around for my saddlebags and saw Tank crawling out of the bedroom. He had been awoken by all the noise. I flew up to him and lifted him up in front of me.

“Tank! I got in! We’re Wonderbolts!”



“There’s no time to pack! I need to go tell everypony! Watch the house for me, okay?” I asked Tank.

He smiled, and I flew back down to the door. Snatching the letter, I put it into my mane, and flew off towards town. I liked to keep the house just north of town, near the empty fields I practiced over. This meant my house was near the school, and Scootaloo’s home. Her parents had a difficult time keeping track of the wild filly. She reminded me of myself at that age.

I looked at the rising sun and knew school hadn’t started yet. This meant I could quickly swing by and let Scootaloo be the first to know.

Her window wasn’t locked and I opened it up. She was snoring in her bed as I snuck up behind her. I grinned, and then jumped on the bed.

“Wake up, wake up!” I shouted while bouncing on her bed.

Scootaloo yelled as she flailed under the sheets, staring at me in wide-eyed shock.

I fell to the side of the bed laughing. It never got old being the big sister she never had.

“Dash? What is it?” Scootaloo asked. She got up and rubbed the sleepiness out of her eyes.

“I got accepted into the Wonderbolts, Squirt! You’re the first pony I told!” I shouted.

“What? You’re a Wonderbolt!” Scootaloo jumped on my neck and hugged with all four legs. “This is so awesome!”

This must have been how Derpy felt. As I returned the hug, my head felt like it would pop as the filly squeezed me. Finally I pried her off, only to see her smiling widely and giggling.

“Thanks, Squirt, but I’ve got a whole town to tell!” I rubbed her mane roughly and flew towards the window. “You go ahead and let all the fillies know for me, okay?”

“Sure thing, Dash! Will you teach me all the Wonderbolt tricks after you teach me to fly?”

I bit my lip for a second, realizing she didn’t know I was moving to Cloudsdale. I thought about it, and was sure I could fly back to Ponyville as often as I liked to visit my friends. “Of course I will!”

That was a promise I intended to keep. As I flew off I could hear Scootaloo and her parents chatting. The filly was rambling on about how I had just visited to tell her the good news first. It made me very happy to know Scootaloo. Though I’d never told anypony, I’d always wondered what it’d be like to have a sister.

I set my sights on the next house I would visit: Twilight’s library. She wouldn’t be awake yet either. In fact, she probably only went to bed a couple hours ago after studying all night. Waking her and Spike up was almost enough fun to make up for me being woken up before noon.

I landed on her balcony and quietly let myself in. The mare and dragon were sleeping in their room, snoring loudly. Just as I was about to jump onto Twilight’s bed and surprise her with the good news, I felt something land on me from behind.

“Ahhh!” I shouted, as I tumbled into the room. We collided with Spike’s bed, sending the dragon sprawling, and causing him to shout, waking Twilight.

“What?” Twilight said. “Ugh, what’s going on?” She sat up in bed and looked over at me.

“Dashie got accepted to the Wonderbolts!” Pinkie cheered.

“Wait, how’d you know—” I looked in horror as Pinkie took a deep breath to explain it. “Wait, I changed my min—”

“I was at home feeding Gummy when I had an achy hoof and a sore ear! Then I saw Derpy flying along and knew she had just delivered good news to somepony, so I jumped out my window and waved her down. Then I bribed her with a muffin to tell me who got the good news!” Pinkie shouted.

“Alright, alright, calm down.” I pushed her off me and got back on my hooves. “Look, that’s great! So when’s the party?”

“Silly, it’s got to be a surprise!” Pinkie ran towards the door of Twilight’s room, not turning to look as she shouted back at us. “You’ll find out soon, Dashie!” She slammed the door behind her as she left.

“Good for you, Dash! Now,” Twilight yawned, “I’m really tired.”

“Oh, come on. Don’t I at least get a hug?” I looked over at her and quickly added, “Not like I want one, just saying. . .”

She sat up and flared her wings, stretching them out. “Hurry up, I had a long night and I’m due in Canterlot this afternoon to negotiate with a Griffonian ambassador.”

The poor alicorn had been stressed and overworked since becoming a princess. For a moment I regretted bursting in on her when she could be sleeping. I quickly trotted over and accepted her hug.

“There, now I promise to make time for the party if I can, Dash. Congratulations.”

Twilight yawned and went back to sleep. I looked over to find that Spike had already fallen back on his mattress and curled a blanket around him.

I flew out their window and packed some clouds against it to block out the sun. It was the least I could do. Next, I headed off towards Applejack’s farm and Fluttershy’s cottage.

Today was officially the best day ever.


Author's Note:

Edited by: Selbi, Abcron
Written during my one-shot week.