• Published 15th Jan 2013
  • 3,641 Views, 405 Comments

TwiMacVerse Part 3: The Apple of My Bulls Eye - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns



Sweet Apple Acres gets help from cousin Braeburn and his best buddy Mal, who Applejack has never been a big fan of. And in between all that, a certain pink party pony also finds romance, and we see more of our TwiMac couple.

  • ...
9
 405
 3,641

Chapter 7: Feelings of Confusion

At Sweet Apple Acres, Mal was getting on the graces of the entire household; with the exception of Applejack of course. Apple Bloom, along with the rest of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, clearly had developed a crush.

“He sure is dreamy,” said Sweetie Belle.

“Ah’ll say,” said Apple Bloom.

“I don’t get why your sister hates him so much,” said Scootaloo.

“Apparently he used to bully her a bit when they were little,” said Apple Bloom.

“Rarity says that means he likes her,” said Sweetie Belle.

“He seems to be teasin her still,” said Apple Bloom.

“So he still likes her,” said Sweetie Belle. “That’s so romantic.”

“This is so mushy,” said Scootaloo.

“Ah figured you’d be more into romance,” said Apple Bloom. “Now that Rainbow Dash is married. Wouldn’t that make romance more cool now?”

“That’s not the same thing,” said Scootaloo. “Rainbow Dash is cool no matter what she does.”

“So are we gonna try to set up your sister and Mal,” asked Sweetie Belle.

“Nah, ah don’t really see the need to intervene,” said Apple Bloom. “It’s pretty obvious that she likes him too.”

“It is,” asked Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo at the same time.

“Ah can read my siblins better than anypony,” said Apple Bloom. “Whenever Mal makes a remark to Applejack, she gets all mad lookin, but then ah see her either smirkin or blushin real bright.”

“But Applejack is also really stubborn,” said Sweetie Belle. “It could take forever for her to admit her feelings.”

“Nah,” said Apple Bloom. “Seein as how they’ve known each other all their lives, I imagine he’ll have won her over before he has to go back to Appleoosa.”

In another part of the farm, Applejack was bucking apples. Suddenly, Mal showed up to flirt with her.

“You sure know how to buck them apples,” said Mal in a smooth voice.

“Dontcha have anything better to do,” asked Applejack.

“Well ah could be workin of course,” said Mal. “But ah’d rather watch you all day.”

“Oh yeah, ah’m real sure that’s all you wanna do,” said Applejack sarcastically.

“Like you’d know much about that,” said Mal with a smug grin.

“An just what do ya mean by that,” said exclaimed Applejack.

“Oh, ah think you know exactly what ah mean,” said Mal.

“That aint none of yer business,” said Applejack.

Mal then got up real close to Applejack’s face.

“I could help ya out with that some, if ya like,” said Mal, in a very seductive tone.

Applejack’s heart began racing fast, and she was sweating like crazy. Mal started to get a bit closer, and began to pucker his lips. Applejack’s expression went from nervous to angry, and she socked him in the face.

“OW! What the buck,” yelled Mal. “What in the hay did ya do that fer?!”

“You think ah’m some kinda Manehattan floozy,” exclaimed Applejack. “That charm of yers make work on other gullible mares, but not me! Ah aint gonna be some notch on yer bedpost! Ah may not look or always act it, but ah’m a lady! An ah expect a little dang romance and wooin and all that fancy stuff!”

“So yer sayin that if ah were to take you out on a date, you’d then have a roll in the hay with me,” asked Mal with a perplexed look.

“Aint sayin that either,” exclaimed Applejack. “Look, ah aint against foolin around outside wedlock or nothin, but ah aint the kinda mare to put out on the first buckin date!”

“Ah was only messin around with ya, Applejack,” exclaimed Mal. “Course ya aint that kinda mare! Ah’m glad you aint that way!”

“What,” said Applejack, a little confused. “You are?”

“Whatever rumors you may have heard, they aint true,” said Mal. “Ah’m not some player, going around town bedding random mares. You seem to assume that just because ah picked on you when we were kids that ah’m still some despicable colt.”

“Then what’s with all the jokes and innuendos,” asked Applejack.

“Duh, stupid, ah’m flirtin with ya,” said Mal. “Do ya not get teased much by stallions?”

Applejack twirled her front hoof on the ground. That’s when it hit Mal; Applejack has never really been hit on by a member of the opposite sex.

“Applejack, have ya ever been on a date,” asked Mal.

“What kinda question is that,” said Applejack defensively. “Course ah’ve been on a date!”

“Ya really are a bad liar,” said Mal. “How could somethin like this happen?”

“What are ya talkin about,” asked Applejack. “Why’s it so hard to believe ah’ve never been on a date?”

“Ah figured a mare as good lookin as you would get asked out all the time,” said Mal.

“Beg yer pardon,” said Applejack.

“If ya lived in Appleoosa, ya’d be asked out by just about every stallion there,” said Mal. “Probably some little school colts too.”

“Quit messin with me,” said Applejack.

“Ah aint messin with ya, Applejack,” said Mal. “Ah’m serious. Yer absolutely gorgeous!”

Applejack was getting very confused now. Given that she was the Element of Honesty, she was able to tell when somepony was putting her on. And she could tell that Mal was being totally sincere with her.

“You think I’m pretty,” said Applejack in amazement.

“Ah don’t see how nopony couldn’t,” exclaimed Mal. “Ah figured you were just getting annoyed because stallions are always makin passes at ya. Well, that and cuz of me pickin on ya when we were kids.”

“Ya aint playin me,” asked Applejack.

“Course not,” said Mal.

“You actually are interested in me,” asked Applejack.

“For bucks sake, yes,” exclaimed Mal. “Ah mean, sure ah’ve had some relationships before, but none of them have worked out. Part of it could be my personality, ah’ll admit that ah’m not always a walk in the park. But, ah would also contribute it to the fact that ah’ve had a huge crush on you since ah was a school colt.”

“Ah…ah,” fumbled Applejack. “Ah gotta get out of here for a while! Need to be able to think straight!”

Applejack ran off as fast as her hooves could take her.

“Well, that went about as well as ah thought it would,” said Mal, giving himself a face hoof.

Author's Note:

Don't start thinking this will make the story super short. The relationship isn't gonna be that simple nor happen in the blink of an eye. And while the title may be a reference to Applejack and Mal's relationship, this is not just about them. And it's not totally about Pinkie Pie and Braeburn either. this is a story that I hope to involve the mane six a great deal in.