• Published 15th Jan 2013
  • 3,634 Views, 405 Comments

TwiMacVerse Part 3: The Apple of My Bulls Eye - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns



Sweet Apple Acres gets help from cousin Braeburn and his best buddy Mal, who Applejack has never been a big fan of. And in between all that, a certain pink party pony also finds romance, and we see more of our TwiMac couple.

  • ...
9
 405
 3,634

Chapter 19: Gym Class

It was a typical day at the Ponyville elementary school. The school colts and fillies were having gym class, under the supervision of Coach Snowflake. The bulky pegasus stallion had been in charge of gym class for almost a year now, and it didn’t take long for him to have gotten on the good side of nearly every school pony; of course not all took a liking to him.

“Do you really think you’ll ever get a cutie mark,” sniped Diamond Tiara at Scootaloo. “You can’t even fly!”

“I heard the Cake’s little colt, Pound, was flying by a month old,” continued Silver Spoon. “Bet that makes you feel really pathetic.

Scootaloo had been doing her best to get airborne, but nothing seemed to do the trick. Even with Rainbow Dash’s help, she couldn’t fly on her own for more than a few seconds. Naturally, this got the attention of the two biggest bullies in her entire class. On this particular day, Sweetie Belle was home sick, and Apple Bloom had been excused to help out some on Sweet Apple Acres. Despite her best efforts, the orange pegasus filly couldn’t shake her tormentors.

“You’re gonna be blank flank for life,” they shouted in unison, and began laughing.

Just then, they heard a lout snort behind them.

“And just what do you two think you’re doing,” exclaimed Snowflake.

The two bullies turned their heads slowly to see their imposing gym teacher standing right behind them; his eyes flaring up in anger. Not the “I’m going to kill you type anger” but the “I’m terribly disappointed in you both” anger.”

“N-n-n-nothing,” they both stuttered.

“Nothing, what,” he said in a soft, but firm tone.

“N-n-n-nothing, Coach Snowflake,” the both responded, again in unison.

“That’s what I thought,” he said. “NOW! GIVE ME FIFTY LAPS AROUND THIS GYMNASIUM! AND I BETTER NOT SEE ANY WALKING TILL YOU FINSISH!”

“YES SIR, COACH SNOWFLAKE SIR!” the two shouted before darting off to do their laps.

This left Snowflake alone with Scootaloo, who was still trying to process what had just happened. She stood there, frozen in awe at the size of her gym teacher. More specifically, she looked at how small his wings were. She always wanted to know just how a pony his size, with wings barely bigger than her own could fly so easily. Snowflake wasn’t blind to these stares, and he figured now as a good enough time to talk with her about it. By herself, he wouldn’t have to worry about her two little friends interrupting with several questions per second.

“Wondering how I do it, aren’t you,” Snowflake asked.

“How you do what,” asked Scootaloo.

“I’m not as dumb as I look,” he said with a sly smile. “I know you wonder how somepony as big as me is able to fly so fast and gracefully through the skies, despite having a wingspan no bigger than a filly’s hoof.”

“Well…”she began. “Yeah! Of course I am! I mean, who wouldn’t be!? I do all I can, every single day, to try and stay off the ground for more than just a few measly seconds! I do everything Rainbow Dash tells me to do! I exercise like crazy to build up muscle! And Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were right about Pound Cake! That little colt was flying within a month of being born! HOW!?”

“Muscle isn’t everything, kiddo,” retorted Snowflake. “I mean, look at me. Many ponies have been amazed at my abilities. Several doctors have even said that by all accounts, I shouldn’t be able to lift my body with such tiny wings. But I do.”

“Then…how,” Scootaloo asked in confusion. “How do you do it? And what am I doing wrong?”

“You lack confidence in yourself,” he said bluntly.

“What the hay are you talking about,” she exclaimed. “I got confidence coming out the wazoo!”

“Maybe when you’re playing with your little scooter,” he retorted. “But when it comes to actually flying, you don’t believe enough in yourself. You clam up, you worry about what you’re gonna do wrong and it all backfires on you.”

“But…but I have Rainbow Dash for a teacher,” she said. “How can I not be confident, when I have the best flyer in Equestria teaching me everything?”

“The teacher can only do so much, Scootaloo,” he explained. “A teacher can tell you everything you need to know. A teacher can tell you they have confidence in you, and that’s great and all. But eventually, the student has to believe in themselves or they’ll never truly soar. That’s the true secret to pegasus magic.”

“Pegasia have magic too,” questioned Sctootaloo.

“Of course they do,” said Snowflake. “All ponies have magic in them. I thought you knew that by now.”

“Well, I’ve always been taught that unicorns were the magic users,” she replied.

“They have visible magic, true,” he explained. “But remember, only pegasai can fly and walk on the clouds, and only earth ponies can grow plant life. It’s our own sort of internal magic. Rainbow Dash does what she does so well because she believes in it so badly that’s she made it a reality.”

“How come she’s never said this to me,” asked Scootaloo.

“I’d say it’s because she thinks more about the technical aspects of flight,” he said. “The do’s and don’ts of it all. Sure, she has instincts too, but she still doesn’t take into consideration that her own confidence is what allows her to do the things she does. Another example, my wife Fluttershy.”

“Fluttershy,” Scootaloo responded in surprise. “But she’s so timid.”

“Very true,” he chuckled. “But, when she’s able to drown out all of her doubts, she’s able to pull forward better than anypony could imagine. I’m sure you heard about that time she helped get the water up to Cloudsdale.”

“Oh yeah,” Scootaloo remembered. “Dash said that if it weren’t for Fluttershy, they never would’ve made it.”

“She made all the difference in the world,” said Snowflake. “So, keep following Rainbow Dash’s instructions of course. But, also remember that the more you believe in yourself, the more magic you’ll buildup within to send you soaring through the skies.”

“Does that mean no more playing on my scooter,” Scootaloo asked with a frown.

“Of course not,” said Snowflake, after letting out a hearty laugh. “I’ve seen what you do on that thing, and it’s quite impressive. I’m sure if anything, it’ll help you in your endeavors.”

In her mind, this gave Scootaloo a great idea. Of course she couldn’t execute said plan till she got back in touch with Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom.

“Thanks a lot, coach,” exclaimed Scootaloo, giving him a hug.

He wasn’t expecting that, but he gladly hugged her back. She then ran off to make some plans. Snowflake then noticed Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon panting heavily off to the side.

“I DIDN’T SEE FIFTY LAPS LADIES!” he shouted to them.

The two prissy fillies let out a shriek and ran even faster.

“Oh Celestia, do I love this job,” Snowflake exclaimed with a proud smile.

Author's Note:

I'm sure many will say "But, Snowflake never talks like this in the show!" Very true, but he has never said much on the show, so I feel this leaves him OTI (Open To Interpretation). I wanted to focus on not just the Mane Six, but the Cutie Mark Crusaders as well with this story. So yes, we will have more moments with Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle. And I had to have a moment of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon doing what they do best, being mean spirited little bitches! While I'm open for some characters to be given redemptions (like Trixie or even Gilda) I feel that these two have shown enough times that they're just mean. Well, more so Diamond Tiara, there could be hope for Silver Spoon if she ever comes to her sense to stop hanging with the snooty bitch. I can tell because I went to school with one particular kid who was an asshole from grade school all the way up to graduation. Some people are just mean, even in a world full magical talking multi colored ponies.