• Published 15th Jan 2013
  • 3,634 Views, 405 Comments

TwiMacVerse Part 3: The Apple of My Bulls Eye - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns



Sweet Apple Acres gets help from cousin Braeburn and his best buddy Mal, who Applejack has never been a big fan of. And in between all that, a certain pink party pony also finds romance, and we see more of our TwiMac couple.

  • ...
9
 405
 3,634

Chapter 2: Visiting Twilight

Applejack and the others arrived at the Golden Oaks Library, so that Braeburn could say hello to his pregnant cousin in law. The orange apple bucker was still in a bit of a mood because of Braeburn’s decision to bring Mal along. Big Macintosh knocked on the door.

“Honey, we’re here,” exclaimed Big Macintosh.

The door opened to reveal Spike, Twilight’s trusted assistant.

“A dragon,” said a surprised Mal. “Gotta say, didn’t expect to see that.”

“Oh yeah, ah plum forgot to tell ya bout Spike,” said Braeburn. “This little guy helps out Twilight around her library and other jobs.”

“Hey Braeburn,” exclaimed Spike. “It’s really great to see you again. Who’s your friend?”

“This here’s Mal,” said Braeburn. “He’s my best friend in the whole world.”

“Never seen a dragon before,” said Mal. “You’re a tiny feller.”

“He’s only a baby,” said Fluttershy.

“I’m not a baby anymore,” exclaimed Spike. “I just haven’t grown much.”

“Give it time little guy,” said Mal. “Believe it or not, ah used to be the runt in my family.”

“Wow, really,” said Spike. “You're bigger than Big Macintosh!”

“Can we come in already,” said Applejack, getting annoyed.

“Oh sure, sorry,” said Spike. “Twilight’s sitting on the couch.”

They all walked in to greet the pregnant librarian unicorn. For the last few months she began sleeping on the couch to avoid having to use the stairs, and it would make things a lot easier should she need to go to the hospital.

“Hey everypony,” said Twilight. “It’s great to see you all.”

“It’s certainly great to see you, Mrs. Apple,” exclaimed a proud Braeburn. “My cousin here couldn’t have married a finer mare in all of Equestria!”

“Thank you very much, Braeburn,” said Twilight, blushing a little. “It’s wonderful to see you again. I’d get up, but…”

“Now, don’t you worry bout that,” said Braeburn. “Ah completely understand ya needin to rest. Why ah remember when mah mama was pregnant. Looked like she was smugglin a pumpkin under her dress!”

“Pleasure to meet you, ma’am,” Said Mal, tipping his hat.

“Oh right,” said Braeburn with an embarrassed tone. “This here is mah best friend, Malady Wesson. But you can call him Mal.”

“Pleasure to meet you, Mal,” said Twilight.

“You as well, Mrs. Apple,” said Mal.

“Twilight will due just fine,” said Twilight.

“Alright then, Twilight,” said Mal with a wink and a smile. “Ah heard you were a looker. But, ah had no idea just how beautiful you really were.”

“Oh, well, thank you,” said Twilight, now blushing. “You certainly are a gentle colt.”

“It won’t last,” said Applejack.

“Don’t mind Janalusca,” said Mal with a sly grin. “She just doesn’t care for me because ah used to be a bit of a bully to her when we were youngens.”

“Ah done told ya not to call me that, Malady” exclaimed Applejack.

“And ah done told ya ah’ll stop callin ya that when ya start callin me Mal,” said Mal smugly.

“I see you know Applejack’s given name,” said Twilight.

“Of course,” said Mal. “Ah’ve been close to the Apple Family my entire life. Mah grand pappy is good friends with Granny Smith.”

“Have you been to Ponyville before,” asked Twilight.

“No, ma’am,” said Mal. “But, Macintosh and Janalusca have visited Appleoosa many times, and Granny Smith joined them back in her more mobile days.”

“I see,” said Twilight. “Do you help Braeburn at his ranch?”

“Ah sure do,” said Mal. “Shame ah didn’t meet you and yer friends back when ya’ll visited. Ah was busy helping out my pa at one of our factories.”

“What does your father do,” asked Twilight.

“My family manufactures projectiles,” said Mal.

“You’re a member of that Wesson family,” said Twilight.

“Yes ma’am,” said Mal with a proud smile.

“Mighty impressive,” said Twilight.

“So, Twilight,” interrupted Braeburn. “Do ya’ll know what yer havin? Filly or colt?”

“It’s actually hard to tell with unicorns,” said Twilight. “Because our natural magic tends to block ultrasounds. But from the pokes, I’m certain I’m having a unicorn.”

“Makes sense,” said Braeburn. “We don’t have many unicorns in the Apple family; be mighty refreshin.”

“We’ll know in about three months,” said Big Macintosh with a proud smile.

“I’ll be so glad when that day comes,” said Twilight. “There have been some advantages to the pregnancy. An excuse to eating more, and being pampered is always nice. But the cramps and morning sickness are getting old.”

“It’s just so super duper exciting that we’re gonna have a little foal in our group,” exclaimed Pinkie Pie. “Maybe Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy will be the next ones to have a baby!”

“I doubt Rainbow Dash will be trying to get pregnant anytime soon, Pinkie dear,” said Rarity. “Since she only just joined the Wonderbolts. I can’t speak for Fluttershy though.”

“Oh well…um,” said Fluttershy nervously as usual. “Snowflake and I have been trying…”

“Wonderful,” said Rarity.

“What about you,” Pinkie Pie asked Rarity.

“I prefer to be married first before trying to have a foal,” said Rarity. “Luckily, I’ll be an honest mare pretty soon.”

“Who’s the lucky stallion,” asked Mal. “Whoever he is, he’s one lucky colt.”

“Ah sure am,” said Hayseed with a proud smile.

“You,” said Mal, quite shocked.

“That’s right,” said Rarity. “And I’m quite lucky to have him in my life.”

“This family is popular,” said Mal with a chuckle. “Hey, Braeburn, you should try going out with the pink one.”

Braeburn and Pinkie both blushed at Mal’s remark.

“Do you have a special somepony, Pinkie,” asked Mal.

“Nah,” exclaimed Pinkie. “I don’t really have time for that kinda stuff. But it’s ok, have a lot of fun with my friends!”

“Friends and family are nice an all,” said Mal. “But havin somepony special is a very good feeling as well.”

“What the hay would you know about that,” said Applejack.

“Ah’ll have you know that ah’ve been in serious relationships,” said Mal. “Nothing too recent, mind you, but ah do believe in romance and all that mushy stuff.”

“Sure yah do,” scoffed Applejack.

“So, Pinkie,” said Braeburn. “When can yah give me a tour of this here town?”

“Anytime you want,” exclaimed Pinkie. “I guess I didn’t really get a chance on our way from the train station; sorry about that.”

“No need to be sorry,” said Braeburn. “I was eager to say hello to my cousin in law.”

“Cousin in law,” said Twilight with a bit of confusion.

“Of course,” said Braeburn. “Yah married my cousin; so that makes you my cousin in law! Yer now officially kin in my eyes!”

“So glad to hear that,” said Twilight. “Are all your family members this excited by new family members?”

“Well ah tend to get a little over enthusiastic ah spose,” said Braeburn with a little embarrassment.

“Nothing wrong with enthusiasm,” exclaimed Pinkie Pie. “And new family members are always super exciting fun time go! I wish my sisters would me somepony special! I wanna be an aunt!”

“Don’t wanna be a mama, yerself,” asked Mal.

“Well, maybe some day,” said Pinkie, starting to blush.

There was an awkward moment of silence after Mal’s remark.

“Hey cousins,” said Braeburn. “Mind if Pinkie here gives me a tour of the town today?”

“Nope,” said Big Macintosh. “We don’t really need to start getting to work till tomorrow anyway.”

“Go right ahead, Braeburn,” said Applejack. “Care to join them…Mal?”

“Well ah am quite shocked,” said Mal. “You used my nickname.”

“If it’ll stop ya from calling me by my given name,” said Applejack with annoyance.

“While a tour of this lovely town sounds nice, Applejack,” said Mal with a grin. “Ah think ah’ll join you back on the farm. Ah’ve never had a chance to see Sweet Apple Acres. Will you be joining us, Big Mac?”

“Nope,” said Big Macintosh. “Not till tomorrow. Till then, gonna stay here with Twilight.”

“Then Applejack and ah can have a nice little walk together on our way to the farm,” said Mal.

“Fantastic,” said Applejack with obvious sarcasm.