• Published 15th Jan 2013
  • 3,626 Views, 405 Comments

TwiMacVerse Part 3: The Apple of My Bulls Eye - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns



Sweet Apple Acres gets help from cousin Braeburn and his best buddy Mal, who Applejack has never been a big fan of. And in between all that, a certain pink party pony also finds romance, and we see more of our TwiMac couple.

  • ...
9
 405
 3,626

Chapter 12: A Lovely Stroll

Pinkie Pie and Braeburn walked casually down the dirt path, heading towards Sugarcube Corner. It was a crisp evening, not too cold and not too warm. In an unusual turn of events, both seemed nervous to say anything to each other. Finally, Braeburn built up some courage to say something.

“So…um…,” began Braeburn. “How long have ya been workin at Sugarcube Corner?”

“Oh…well…I guess it’s been close to six years now,” said Pinkie Pie. “My Grandma used to deliver supplies for Mr. and Mrs. Cake, and I would sometimes go on deliveries with her.”

“That sure sounds nice,” he remarked.

“It was,” she said, with a nostalgic smile.

“Ah’m gonna guess by yer tone, that yer Grandma aint around no more,” he said.

“No, she died about seven years ago,” said Pinkie, now frowning.

“Sorry fer bringing it up,” said Braeburn, now frowning as well.

“Oh, that‘s ok,” she said in a reassuring tone. “You didn‘t know. Anyway, I decided to move away from home, and moved to Ponyville. Mr. and Mrs. Cake offered me a job and a place to stay. And now I also help look after their kids.”

“Where’d ya originally come from?” asked Braeburn.

“I grew up on a rock farm,” said Pinkie Pie. “Not too far from Ponyville.”

“What exactly do ya do on a rock farm?” asked Braeburn.

“It’s more what you call a quarry,” said Pinkie Pie. “We collect rocks, break some of them down, and sell them for things like landscaping material. Not exactly what you would call fun.”

“Ah can see why ya went into parties and pastries,” said Braeburn.

“I have nothing against my parents raising me on a rock farm,” said Pinkie Pie. “We weren’t exactly well off. But my sisters and I never went without a meal, and we always had a roof over our head. The first time I ever threw a party and made my parents smile was one of the happiest days of my life.”

“Makin ponies smile is what drives ya, eh?” said Braeburn.

“You betcha,” said Pinkie Pie.
“But what about yerself?” asked Braeburn.

“What do you mean?” asked Pinkie Pie.

“Ah mean, makin other ponies happy is good and all,” continued Braeburn. “Ah mahself love makin others happy. But, what about makin yerself happy?”

“Making other ponies happy makes me happy,” said Pinkie Pie.

“So does that mean ya only do what others wanna do?” asked Braeburn.

“Um…well…I never really thought about it that way,” said Pinkie Pie.

“Then it’s settled,” said Braeburn.

“What do you mean?” asked Pinkie Pie.

“When we have our date, yer gonna choose what we do,” said Braeburn.

“But I thought the stallion chose what to do,” said Pinkie Pie.

“Well, think of it as mah choice,” said Braeburn. “Ah wanna do what you wanna do.”

“B-but, I can’t think of what I wanna do,” said Pinkie Pie.

“So, we’ll go out once you come up with an idea,” said Braeburn.

“But, but that could take forever,” exclaimed Pinkie Pie.

“We can still hang out and all that stuff,” said Braeburn. “But it can only be on the farm. Once you figure out what we wanna do fer our date, we’ll do that.”

“I suppose that’s a good idea,” said Pinkie Pie. “I’ve certainly never heard of anypony coming up with anything like that.”

“Ah’ve been known to have a few good ideas in mah noggin once in a blue moon,” said Braeburn, with a proud smile.

There was another moment of silence, before Pinkie Pie thought up something to say.

“Say…Braeburn,” she began. “What did you think of my musical number during that whole buffalo fiasco?”

“Oh…well…,” he began to say, which was making Pinkie nervous. “Ah thought it was wonderful!”

“You did?” said Pinkie in shock.

“Course ah did,” he exclaimed. “It was a rip roarin good time! You have a mighty lovely voice.”

“Oh…well, thank you,” said Pinkie, who began to blush.

“And, if ya don’t mind me sayin,” he started to say with a gulp. “Yer outfit was mighty fine as well.”

Pinkie Pie didn’t know how to respond to that. Nopony ever really called her pretty; at least that she could ever recall. All that she could really think to do was giggle at Braeburn’s compliment. This caused Braeburn to giggle as well; he rarely told a mare she was pretty. Despite his outgoing personality, the Appleoosan farmer didn’t go out on dates much. The two continued to laugh all the way to Sugarcube Corner, stopping at the front door.

“Well…here we are,” said Pinkie.

“Eyup…we’re here,” said Braeburn.

“You, um, wanna come in for a little?” she asked.

“Ah don’t think that’s a very good idea,” said Braeburn.

“Why not?” asked Pinkie.

“Cuz ah don’t wanna do anything stupid,” said Braeburn. “Ah wanna be a gentlecolt. And ah know that if ah go in there with you, being so late in the evening, ah won’t be no gentlecolt.”

“You’re very sweet,” said Pinkie. “This was a really nice evening.”

“Ah agree,” said Braeburn.

He then took Pinkie’s front hoof and gave it a soft kiss.

“Sweet dreams, Miss Pinkie,” said Braeburn, tipping his hat.

“Sweet dreams, Mr. Braeburn,” said Pinkie. “Or should it be Mr. Apple?”

“Either works fine,” he chuckled.

“Well…I’ll start thinking of what we can do for our date,” said Pinkie.

“Ah look forward to that,” said Braeburn.

Pinkie walked into the bakery and watched through the window as Braeburn walked back to Sweet Apple Acres. Unbeknownst to the young apple bucker, Pinkie saw him leap in the air with joy and click his hooves together. Pinkie Pie giggled at this site, and she was then interrupted by Mrs. Cake.

“Pinkie?” she said in surprise. “Are you just getting home?”

“Oh…hello Mrs. Cake,” Pinkie greeted her boss, tenant, and surrogate mother. “I had dinner over at Sweet Apple Acres. Applejack’s cousin Braeburn was walking me home.”

“Oh, that nice stallion from earlier,” commented Mrs. Cake. “Where you two on a date?”

“Oh no, just hanging out,” said Pinkie. “But we’re gonna go out on a date.”

“When?” asked Mrs. Cake.

“Soon as I know what I want to do,” said Pinkie.

Author's Note:

Sorry this one took so long.