• Published 7th Jan 2013
  • 5,185 Views, 446 Comments

Slendershy - the ghost



Some experts think that Slender Mane is a type of sentient tree. Some of her friends thought Fluttershy was a tree. They both right. But what does this mean for Fluttershy?

  • ...
19
 446
 5,185

Chapter 6: Playing Games

Princess Twilight was filling out paper work in her palace when she heard the growl of a creature. It was like nothing she had ever heard before. She put down her quill stretched her wings and walked over to her window just in time to see a black van coming flying over the hill. It was heading right for her!

“Get out of the way!” shouted Fluttershy completely who had completely lost control of van.

Twilight tried to jump out of the way. But her wing caught hold of one of the bookshelves.

As if it was in slow motion Fluttershy cringed as she attempted to step on the brake.

As she accelerated through the wall.

As she ran over Twilights struggling body.

Fluttershy crashed into a book shelf totaling the car.

Fluttershy immediately jumped out of the van and went to check on Twilight.

“TWILIGHT ARE YOU OK…Oh no…Oh no…this is all my fault.”

Fluttershy began to cry over Twilight's corpse tears steaming down her face.

There was a sense of dread that enveloped the air as somepony put a hoof on Fluttershy’s shoulder trying to comfort her.

“well this hardly seems fair…” said thefeared.

.raefeht dias ”…riaf smees yldrah siht llew“

.reh gnitrofmoc redluohs s’yhsrettulF no fooh a tup ynopemos sa ria eht ni daerd fo esnes a saw erehT

.ecaf reh nwod gnimaets sraet esproc sthgiliwT revo yrc ot nageb yhsrettulF

”tluaf ym lla si siht…on hO…on hO…KO UOY ERA THGILIWT“

.thgiliwT no kcehc ot tnew dna nav eht fo tuo depmuj yletaidemmi yhsrettulF

.rac eht gnilatot flehs koob a otni dehsarc yhsrettulF

.ydob gnilggurts sthgiliwT revo nar ehs sA

.llaw eht hguorht detarelecca ehs sA

.ekarb eht no pets ot detpmetta ehs sa degnirc yhsrettulF noitom wols ni saw ti fi sA

.sevlehskoob eht fo eno fo dloh thguac gniw reh tuB .yaw eht fo tuo pmuj ot deirt thgiliwT

.nav fo lortnoc tsol yletelpmoc dah ohw yletelpmoc yhsrettulF detuohs ”!yaw eht fo tuo teG“

!REH ROF THGIR GNIDAEH SAW TI .llih eht revo gniylf gnimoc nav kcalb a ees ot emit ni tsuj wodniw reh ot revo deklaw dna sgniw reh dehcterts lliuq reh nwod tup ehS .erofeb draeh reve dah ehs gnihton ekil saw tI .erutaerc a fo lworg eht draeh ehs nehw ecalap reh ni krow repap tuo gnillif saw thgiliwT ssecnirP

Twilight the unicorn was in her library finishing up organizing her books. she put the last book away onto the shelf. Done at last. She let out a sigh.

Suddenly there was a growl of some sort of terrible beast. Twilight looked outside her window too see Fluttershy driving a black van strait towards her.

“Get out of the way!” shouted Fluttershy, who had completely lost control of van.

Twilight didn’t have much time to react. She jumped to the side as the van ran through her wall and into the bookshelf she just finished organizing.

Fluttershy, who was wearing a business suit for some reason, got out of the car unharmed “TWILIGHT! ARE YOU OK! are you hurt anywhere?”

Twilight let the dust clear, and let out a cough to clear her throat, before responding.

“I’m fine, but I wish i could say the same for my books.” Said Twilight looking at the remains of her book.

“I’m so sorry.”

“It’s alright it’s a quick fix if I use magic. Fluttershy why were you driving a car?” Asked Twilight.

“Well, there’s somepony inside the car that needs your help.” Said Fluttershy.

“Really who? Is she ok?” Said Twilght.

“Let me check.”

Fluttershy opened the back of the van revealing the blue pony.

“Oh good he’s ok.”

“Who’s ok?”

“The pony wrapped in chains.” Said Fluttershy.

Twilight looked into the crashed car. She saw chains. But she didn’t see any pony. Just the chains.

“I don’t see anypony in here Fluttershy.”

“You…can’t?” She said confused

“No.”

Fluttershy looked into the van again. She could still see the pony, but something told her that Twilight wouldn’t be able too. That was strange, but at this point she didn't think anything would surprise her anymore. she better not press the matter or else Twilight would think she was going insane.

“You know what. Never mind. Forget I said anything, it doesn’t matter really.” Twilight gave her a confused look as if she was going crazy.

“The real problem is these chains. I cant seem to break them. I was hoping that you would know how.”

Twilight went to inspect the chains. After about a minute of examining the chains Twilight said.

"These are Imperial Enchanted Chains or IECs for short. They are nearly impossible to break with brute force. They’re normally used for restraining dragons. The only one way to break them and that’s with a special type of acid. Where did you get this? It’s very expensive."

“Oh I found it in the van.”

Twilight raised an eyebrow at this.

“Ok where did you get the van?”

“It’s a long story I don’t want to get into it. Can you break them?”

Twilight gave Fluttershy a suspicious look.

“Please?”

“Well, yes I can. But It’ll take a while. I recommend reading reading this book. She said levitating a book up for Fluttershy.

Fluttershy, not really wanting to read right now, thought of something more important she could look.

“Can I use your computer.”

“Sure”

Fluttershy walked over to Twilight's computer and turned it on. Fluttershy always marveled at how the computer managed to run with out the use of magic.

She went to Google.com and searched “slender mane”

After digging through a lot of garbage web sites she finally found a site that looked reliable she clicked it:

Slender Mane also known der großepony, or as slender pony, is a mythical creature often depicted as a tall, thin figure wearing a black suit and a blank face. According to the legend, he can stretch or shorten his arms at will and has tentacle-like appendages protruding from his back. Depending on the interpretations of the myth, the creature can cause memory loss, insomnia, paranoia, coughing fits (nicknamed “slendersickness”), photograph/video distortions and can teleport at will. The urban legend has inspired-

BLEEP

Fluttershy was startled by the sudden sound of receiving a Skype message.

She was going to just ignore, it until she saw the message in the top right hand corner of her eyes.

"Hello Fluttershy. " it was from a user called The Scholar.

Her heart skipped a beat.

She opened up Skype and typed in.

"Who are you and how do you know I’m at twilights?"

She got an instant response as if she had an answer ready.

"Watch your grammar. "

Fluttershy looked through her last sentence for a grammar error.

She corrected her grammar

"Who are you and how do you know I’m at Twilight’s house?"

She got another instant response.

"I am the scholar. "

Fluttershy waited for more of a more…there was none.

"How did you know I was here?"

"I am the scholar. I am a friend. Would you like to play a game? "

"I’m not in the mood." Typed Fluttershy

"If you win, I will tell you everything. "

Fluttershy thought it over, this seemed kind of sketchy, but she was being promised answers.

"All right I’ll play. "

"Very well, lets play chess."

Fluttershy smiled. She was pretty good at chess. She used to be able to beat all her friends, at least until Twilight came to town. That unicorn was a genus.

The scholar sent Fluttershy a link to a chess board. However the pieces were labeled weirdly.


The pieces on Fluttershy's side where black and were labeled after all of her friends. With the exception of the pawns, Forest Dancer and The Fear. Fluttershy herself was the queen piece which is weird because if she had designed it she would have made Celestia the queen or something.

She was surprised at that. The fear wasn't a real pony. It had only been part of her dream that one time right?

"Are you ready?" messaged the Scholar

"White goes first" Typed Fluttershy.

The scholar made his first move.

That's a typical first move, thought Fluttershy, controlling the center one of the most basic strategies. She better contest it. She moved her pawn up.

The Scholar didn't waste any time and decided to move her knight, labeled The Love.

The Loved? That seemed kind of familiar. Wasn't that name on the letter she got before? Her thoughts were distracting her she needed to focus. Lets see if she could free up the queen(the feared) and the bishop

This is the Philidor Defence. It is a solid opening, but a passive one.

The scholar counters by moving her pawn up to threaten Fluttershy's pawn.

Fluttershy decided to risk losing the pawn and to go onto the attack with her bishop, labeled Twilight.

"That's a mistake." Typed the Scholar. She took the pawn.

A cold shiver went up Fluttershy's spine tickling her wings. It felt like she had just seen someone murdered right before her eyes. She shook off the feeling. And took the pony labeled, The Loved.

The cold feeling returned more powerful then it had been before.

But it went away as soon as Fluttershy heard Twilight coming to talk to her.

"Hey Fluttershy, I came up to ask if you had seen my sodium hydroxide? I know I left it in a jar somewhere up..." Twilight suddenly stopped talking mid sentence.

"Twilight is something wrong?" asked Fluttershy slightly worried.

She had no expression on her face, her eyes blurred over and she started to sway.

"Twilight?"

Twilight fell forward face first into the library floor.

"Twilight!"

Fluttershy flew over and checked her pulse.

She was dead.


Over Skype, the scholar sent Fluttershy another message.

Happyness takes Twilight Sparkle. Your move.