• Published 7th Jan 2013
  • 5,185 Views, 446 Comments

Slendershy - the ghost



Some experts think that Slender Mane is a type of sentient tree. Some of her friends thought Fluttershy was a tree. They both right. But what does this mean for Fluttershy?

  • ...
19
 446
 5,185

72 65 6c 61 78 20 6c 69 74 74 6c 65 20 6f 6e 65 20 74 68 69 73 20 69 73 20 6d 79 20 64 6f 6d 61 69 6e 2e

Applebloom was in the Cutie Mark Crusaders tree house. Scootaloo was goin on about her new plan to get their cutie marks. (Which involved a cannon) sweetie belle was listening intensely while sucking on a lollipop.

Applebloom however wasn’t feeling so good. Her vision was beginning to blur and she had a terrible headache.

“…and then we’ll land in the lake safe and sound. What do you think?” Finished Scootaloo.

“I think it’s a good idea." squeaked Sweetie Belle. “What do you think Applebloom?”

Her headache was terrible now. She could hardly think strait. The pain was spreading down her neck and into the rest of her body.

“Applebloom are you feeling ok?’

“What? Oh of course I am. Why wouldn’t I be?” She put on her best “I’m fine smile.” But the rest of Cutie Mark Crusaders didn’t believe her.

“You don’t look so good. Maybe you should take a nap or something?”

“For the last time girls I’m…” suddenly her world exploded in a red color as she lost conscience.

Her last sight was the sight of somepony very tall entering the club house.

***




When she came to her senses, the first feeling that Applebloom had was a feeling of dread. She had never felt such fear in her life. Not even that time she had met Mr. Tall that one time. It was over powering. Something was very wrong.

She struggled to move, but her body was tied down by invisible bonds. Or were they tentacles? She had no idea. But what ever it was she had to get away.

A figure approached her, she struggled harder to get free. The pony gave off an aura of fear. It spoke to her in her head.

“relax little one this is my domain. nopony can hurt you here. you are safe. please don’t struggle.”

The seemingly peaceful voice struck a nerve deep inside of Applebloom’s head releasing a wave of fear.

“i said you are safe.”

Applebloom continues to panic.

The voice sighed and began to hum a lullaby.

The song was eerie, but for some reason it seemed to calm Applebloom down. So much in fact that she wasn’t scared at all anymore. It was as if all the fear in her body had been sucked out of her body. She felt a little bit sleepy now.

“are you feeling better now applebloom?”

She nodded her head in response. She turned her head to take a look around the place. She was under a lone luscious green tree. There were wild flowers and grass growing around her. Not a cloud to be seen. It was too perfect.

Yet Applebloom couldn’t shake the feeling that something was wrong.

All the grass was cut to the same length. the flowers seemed to be individually cultivated and the tree. What was it about the tree that unnerved her? The fact it stood by itself in the middle of a field? That might be it.

“do you like it? this world?” said the strange voice. “I made it myself.”

“How?” Applebloom asked.

The voice ignored her.

"applebloom i’m about to do something that you might find a little bit scary but you have to promise not to panic. or i might mess it up."

“What are you going to do?” Asked Applebloom.

“there’s not much time I’ll explain while i’m doing it.”

“Ok I won’t panic.” Said Applebloom. She meant it too.

“that’s a good girl. now hold still.” From the corner of her eye she saw the pony pull out a bone saw. And then she proceeded to saw off Appleblooms hoof at her joint.

But the strangest part was that Applebloom didn’t seem to care. On some level she was aware of the pain of having her hoof sawed off but it didn’t seem to register with the fear parts of her brain. It was as if she was at cold gates house having her teeth cleaned. Fear seemed to be completely removed from her body.

“Excuse me. Why are you sawing off my leg?” asked Applebloom as if it were an afterthought.

“oh, i’m looking for tumors.” said the voice.

“Tumors?”

“ponies that are exposed to sigma radiation tend to develop tumors later in life. don't worry though cancer is pretty easy to fix if you know what to do.”

“Oh ok.” Said Applebloom as a piece of her leg fell off onto the floor. The pony put down the bone saw, and picked up a hammer instead. The pony then lifted the hammer and smashed Applebloom’s dismembered hoof. Applebloom could hear the sounds of the bones crunching.

“ok one part down now straiten the rest of you leg, it has to come off.” Said the voice.

So Applebloom straitened what remained of her leg and allowed the strange pony to saw her leg off. She thought it was rather strange how she didn’t have any reaction to having her legs cut off. She decided to ask a question.

“What’s you’re name?” She asked the voice

“my name is thefeared.” TheFeared managed to get another leg off her. She smashed that one too.

“Why do they call you the fear?” Asked Applebloom.

“it’s my special talent. i have the cutie mark for it. i can make ponies fear me or take the fear away. although it returns if they look directly at me.”

Ah so that explains why Applebloom wasn’t shaking with fear.

TheFeared placed a hoof on Appleblooms head.

“there’s a few tumors right here.” said TheFeared. “They have to be removed."

Suddenly he jammed an ice pick into Appleblooms scull and began to pry it open. Applebloom heard a loud cracking sound as the top of her scull was removed. TheFeared reached down and pulled out her brain.

Applebloom didn’t know much anatomy but she knew enough to know that she should be dead if her brain was removed. Yet she wasn’t. It was really gross to see her own brain.

Thefeared held Applebloom's fragile brain in her hoofs.

“you want to touch it?” TheFeared asked, “it’s a once and a life time opportunity.”

Applebloom hesitated, after all touching her own brain seemed a little strange. But she would never get the chance to again.

Appleboom reached out and poked the brain. It was surprisingly warm.

“Ew, it’s squishy.” said Applebloom laughing. This was just so funny for some reason.

“ok enough fun.” said TheFeared. She divided Applebloom’s brain into two hemispheres. The left and the right. She then pulled out a pen and wrote something on it. Then after finished righting she crushed Applebloom’s brain underneath her hoofs.

“Don’t I need that?” Applebloom said as if she was concerned.

“yes, but it was rotten. so I’ll fix it later. She inspected Applebloom’s body. "you still have a lot of tumors. so i think I’ll tell you a story while i work."

“What kind of story?”

“one of my favorites it’s called, the giving tree.” As thefeared read the story as she cut open Applebloom's stomach.

“That was a sad story. But at least the tree has happy in the end” Said Applebloom.

“The moral is that you should never be too kind.” Said TheFeared “Ponies will walk all over you. take advantage of your kindness.”

“Then why are you helping me?”

“because i hate when people are not treated equally. even letters in the alphabet. nothing annoys me more then when people capitalize some letters but not the others. it drives me nuts! That’s why in this work I keep everything nice and even. I cut down all the weeds but don’t pick them.”

“I don’t think that’s why I, just think you’re secretly nice.”

TheFeared was quiet for a second. And then said.

“i’ve removed the tumors and reconstructed your body. Its time for you to return. lets hope they don’t come back. goodbye applebloom. its been fun meeting you again.”

It was then that Applebloom got a look at her face. All the fear that had been storing up inside her burst through an invisible damns and Applebloom started screaming.




With that Applebloom woke up at CMC tree house with Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo leaning over her asking if she was ok. She couldn’t hear them over the sound of her screaming.