• ...
21
 177
 4,570

The Choice

Shade was silent as she sat on the large red silk bed looking out the slightly opened door were the king and seven other griffins sat eating and drinking away the night and sometimes picking out a whore to have.

There were two griffins in the two rooms across from her that get picked the most often during their little parties, and in the room next to her was a very young zebrican slave girl maybe no more than seventeen who was picked the least.

Whenever she is picked she usually used her mind tricks, but do it too often and it becomes detectable, so she is forced to only trick them only two times a week each, but the king he wears this ring that protects him from even the most complex spells known to pony kind.

She spends most of the night in peace listening to the sick talks the griffins make becoming worse the more they drank. One she can’t stand there words she falls back to study the small bland room with only the bed inside.

Shade was deep in her own thoughts until the king said something that took her attention.

“My son, my prince why not indulge yourself with one are friends” He indicated to her door as he spoke to the griffin from across the table.

The table was a long stone dining table with a large cloth covering with six throne like chairs were his officials sat on the length of the table, and on both end was a even larger throne were Iron-Claw would sit looking down the table to a throne smaller than the kings were a griffin she could never see would be in.

“I’m fine father…” The voice was kind and quiet, she was shocked.

“No, I insist” He growled.

“And I say again I’m fine”

“You are to soft be a king” The military commander Vulk who was a nasty scar covered griffin.
“Gryffindor, I don’t want to have this talk with you again” Shade could see the rage in his eyes.
The griffin from the chair stood up slowly and made his way to her door, and he looked like a softer version of the king himself.

Shade backed away from the door and crawled into the bed until he walked in and closed the door.

“Stay there” He said as he pressed his ear on the door and listened for a second before walking to the bed and sitting down next to her.

Shade didn't now what to think, the prince of the griffin kingdom was sitting next to her looking ashamed.
“I wish I could help you, help the slaves, I hate him” Gryffindor was looking down at his claws. “I have dreams that he dies all the time, it might sound absurd, but I think you would understand”

“What are you playing at, are you trying to get me to like you?” Shade furled her brow.

“I can see why you say that, I’m sorry” He stood up from the bed and walked to the door and sat down again.

“What do you want?” Shade glared at him with a skeptical look.

“To leave this place, wait to the king dies, and then fix this place” He stated flatly.

“Why should I believe that you are mister nice guy and you are telling the truth?”

He said nothing and opened the door by a inch and mouthed Listen

“…I swear if his mother was still alive I would have tossed him out into the pit” The king slammed his goblet onto the table.
“I think you still should, he has been nothing but troubles ever sense you took him to the trade” Vulk grunted.

“Yes but the throne must be of pure blood, but to divert his insolence I will give you full control of the throne before my passing”

“That is very kind of you sir, thank you” He nodded in agreement as the other griffins gave him ice cold stares.
Gryffindor closed the door.

“See, they don’t like who I am, the only one with a right mind”

Shade felt pitiful for him, because he reminded her of…herself.

He stood up after a few minutes of silence past and left the room leaving the door slightly open.

They continued the night talking and boasting for each other until the moon was held high in the sky the king ordered everyone to leave even the slave girls, all except his son, and as soon as the group left for the night he turned to his son with an evil glare.

“What was that, what are playing on me?” He hissed.

“I was not planning anything; you were too reluctant to accept my answer!” Gryffindor snapped back.

“How dare you raise your voice at me?” He grabbed the prince and threw him onto the table.

“For all I did for you, this is how you repaid me?” He shouted.

The prince looked at her, but the king noticed his glance.

“Who’s in there?” The king let go of his son and started looking into the room, Shade backed away from the door.
He threw the door opened and looked down at her with hungry eyes.


LATER THAT NIGHT…


Shade was in a cage hanging from a ceiling rolling up in a ball trying to hide from the king’s gaze.

“What to do with you…so many ways to suffer…such good ways to kill you” He was speaking in a slick voice.

“I will leave you to my friend” He stood up from the small chair.

A griffin in a black cowl walked in with a long iron prodder glowing red hot, he was chuckling softly as he approached her.
“Help me faith” She whispered.


=================


EARLIER THE NEXT MORNING …

Connor used a small rock and scratched a line into the board next to his roll-out bed.

There were thirty-seven marks on the board, thirty-seven days he labored outside and by night fall tossed into a small cabin with four other slaves wishing Luna would hold the moon late a little longer.

But there was a long beam of sun light pouring in from the three by three inch window above him.

“Wake up!” The high overseer walked past the slave cabins slamming on the doors.

“If you don’t get your nasty hides out here right now I will gladly toss you into the pit!” His voice rang out again.

Connor stayed in the ragged bed as the other slaves scrambled out the door.
“Come, don’t be stupid!” One of the slaves tried to get him up but he stayed.

“It’s your funeral” And he left him to his

“One…two…three…four…where is the fifth?” He heard the High overseer grumble outside the cabin.

Connor rolled over to face the wall.

The griffin walked into the small cabin and walked right up to his back and kicked him hard in the spine.
“I’m in a good mood so I will give you one last chance to get out of that bed” He sneered.
Connor remained in his roll and said not a word.

The Overseer walked up to him a picked him up by the neck.

“Well looks like we got a little rebel, don’t we” he gave a crooked smile.

Connor spit in his eye.

“OH, YOU NO GOOD SON OF A BITCH!” The overseer wiped the spit away.

“You are going to fucking die you little prat!” He dragged Connor out by his neck and tossed him into the dirt.

“Take him!” He pointed at two other overseers, Connor remained still.

They walked up to him chuckling to themselves, and as they moved closer he started to crouch low to the ground looking straight into their eyes.

They came to be a foot in front of him and as one reach out to him he lunged his hoof into his neck.

The griffin covered his neck as he fell over choking, he spun around and grabbed the others head and jumped over him pulling the griffin over his back, slamming him to the ground.

“Get him!” The High overseer shouted.

A few guards came running out from behind a few huts, and cabins, they enclosed him in a circle with their spears pointed at his face, and he looked at the two guards on his sides then the one in front and behind him.

They had a standoff before the two at his sides made an attack at the same time, one brought his spear above his head, so he brought up his hooves and forced it into the others chest as he kicked his spear into the first ones gut.

They both collapsed to the ground, the other two were stood there it all happened so fast, he took the opening and with a few flicks of his wrist he wrenched the spear out from the griffins clutches and started stabbing its owner repeatedly in the chest.

Connor whipped around after the griffin collapsed dead by his own weapon and thrust the spear into the last guard’s neck.
All the slaves gave cheers, and hollers as the last one fell.

“You...you think that I’m impressed?” The high overseer stuttered.

He started to make his move up to Connor, but two slaves came up and leaped onto his back pulling him to the floor, then it all became total madness.

All the slaves started to attacking the overseers and guards started to flow from the walls and the citadel, and because many of the slaves were zebrican warriors, the work field turned into a war zone.

Connor took no time to run for the citadel, he need to get to Shade…

“Look, it’s the Elites” One of the warriors shouted as lines of armor clad soldiers came pouring out from their barracks.

“Help!” The Elites slaughtered anypony in their path.

Connor stopped in his tracks and looked out to the field, then looked back to the citadel.




What do you want Connor to do? ONLY THE ONE YOU PICK SURVIVES!!! think about it.

If you don’t like the outcome I will write a chapter with the other choice

Author's Note:

Rushed I know but I really wanted to try out this new pick a ending type of thing if you don't like the idea then don't respond but I will love feed back from you guys and girls i just wan't to see how you want the story to turn out to be.