• ...
21
 177
 4,570

The Contract

The wind wiped by as he crouched on a fallen tree that was hanging of the cliffs edge he listened to the wind and watched the trees sway back and forth as if in a trance. Connor stood strait holding his balance looking down to the winding rapid below.

Connor took a breath and turned back around and started to walk of the log until a loud screech pierced the air, Connor looked to his left to see a large eagle with its talons open flying toured him watched as it came and cut his chest sending blood spurting out through the air.

Connor lost his balance and fell from the log as he tumbled down to the roaring rapids with large boulders scattered about. He slammed into the frigid water. Connor sunk below the water sinking to the bottom, and his lungs were burning for air but he had no control in his legs or arms all he could do was watch his blood dilute into the water. Connor looked around him and saw a sea serpent speeding at him its jaws agape, he came upon him and snapped him into its jaws.

Connor started to fall in darkness falling and falling and falling until he started to slow down then he came to an utter stop, or so he thought.

Connor sat there looking around. He started to notice a light the size of a pin prick that became brighter and brighter until an outline of an alicorn took form charging him. Connor’s eyes went large as it became faster by the second. In the blink of an eye it flew right through his chest healing his cuts and everything became white.

Connor sat up in a large open prairie, as he looked around he looked over the snake that slithered toured him undetected in the tall grass. He stood up and as his body straitened the snake lunged behind him rapping its self around his neck crushing his throat. He grabbed the constrictor with both hands trying to pull it away to no avail. He choked under the force of the snake.



=============



Connor woke up gasping for air sweating hard as he breathed heavy. He rubbed his neck as he watched the sun from his bed out from the open balcony.

“They called you, Connor” Luna’s voice echoed throughout the room.

Connor Looked to the moon goddess shocked to see her.

“Why do always come to me?”

“Because you have very intriguing dreams in your mind, but what you just dreamed was no dream anyone pony could just have from random”

Connor looked at her confused.

“I can understand your confusion, but it’s a very long story simply there are four mythical objects very important to equestrian history and they are guarded each by their own guardian that choose a hero in times of despair and to call upon you that is mystifying and worrying” Luna explained.

“I still don’t understand, why me, why now, what does it mean?” Connor’s mind was buzzing with questions.

“I did not suspect you to understand it over a few words but unless you want to stay here for the next few years I
recommend to just stick with those few words”

“Here” Luna continued. “Imagine Objects that have the power to transform the world, and to keep that power from falling into the wrong hooves there are guardians who prevent the corrupted from touching them unless they are dubbed worthy to wield them”

Connor thought of the pieces of Eden.

“You know this has not happened in over a thousand years since there creation and for it to happen to something that has nothing to do with Equestria is very peculiar” Luna’s face became crunched into thought.

“Well you have important duties I hear from my sister you need to attend to today, so get your rest” Then she vanished through the balcony.

Connor rolled from the bed and got dressed but before he left he stopped in front of the door thinking over what Luna had relayed to him.

Guardians, what guardians, and what could be so important they are guarding, why him, why would they choose him…a human

Connor brushed it off and left the room.


==============


Connor walked down the winding halls of Canterlot getting strange glares and glances from guards, maids, and other castle staff that he passed but gave none a second thought.

“Ah, Connor the Princess has some information for you about your contract” Midnight gave a small smile as he rounded the corner.

Midnight took Connor up to the Main hall were Celestia sat high on her throne with a long warm smile plastered on her face.

“Connor good to see you, come I have a few things to share with you” Celestia walked down the thrones steps.

“First, it looks like some of the blame is being pointed at the district mayor, so you could start an investigation there and there was the thieves but if what you said is true then there is a third wheel taking part in this” Celestia walked along the large court room with Connor at her side.


“Also I have been thinking on how to revel you to the general public and I came up with taking small steps and the first one
is let you free run on the roof tops to the slums where you will put the amulet back on and continue the mission” She added.

“Alright, and could I have my weapons returned?” Celestia stopped and looked at him as if he committed right in front of her murder.

“Why would you need them, you will only be traveling through the city to figure out what happens to my efforts to fix the poor district not kill somepony” She hissed.

The rest of time was spent in discussing the plan of his revelation as they walked to the front gate of the castle.

“Well here we are, so you should take the back path to the city then stick to the roof tops all the way to the slums were you will hide your clothes and transform to carry the contract” Celestia explained.

“I’ll be back later on the day if all goes well, if not wait until dawn and I will return with my findings” Connor rolled his shoulders getting ready for the trip.

“Good luck and the elements will remain here in the city for when you come back I will send you off to ponyville” Celestia looked back at him as she walked to the castle.

Connor missed the last part for he set of through the gate up to a dirt path that ran behind a cluster of trees that followed on the side of it all the way down to the city farther down.



=============



“Come on Lyra we are going to be late for Octavia’s performance” Bon-Bon called to the lime green unicorn behind her.
“Hang on, hang on just let me finish” Lyra called to her friend.

“Ugh, you stop and look at the book every time we pass it” Bon-Bon pointed to the large dark brown book simply titled ‘Anthropology’

“Fine I just… DID YOU SEE THAT” Lyra had face of utter shock as she pointed up to one of the building’s roof.

“What, what…I don’t see anything” Bon-Bon followed Lyra’s hoof.

“I saw something up there it looked like a human” She stuttered.

Once the word human left her mouth Bon-Bon relaxed and gave a hard sigh.

“Not again…”Bon-Bon sighed again.

“No No this is real I-I-I swear” Lyra choked over her words.

“Like the last seven times…this past month alone” Bon-Bon nagged.
“But-but-but…” Lyra sadly closed her eyes and drooped behind Bon-Bon to the theater.



==============



Connor carefully positioned his self behind the pointed roof of the tower he almost fell from hiding from the ponies below him.

Once they walked off he continued to leap from the roof tops to the best of his ability and all the way he caught glimpses of a few ponies who noticed something jumping about, some with worse reaction than others.

The sun was high above him when he reached the edge of the slums.

Connor navigated his way to the designated ally way were he would find a hidden chest to place and hid his clothes. Once there he leaped down to the stingy road below and walked up to an old rusty bin and in side was a large chest.

He pulled of his clothes put them into the chest and stuffed it back into the bin and trotted out from the ally with his medallion hanging around his pony neck. From there he made his way through the streets and back alleys past the sickly ponies he passed on his way to the district hall.


=============



“Hello?” He called as he pushed the rotting door of the hall open to a dusty, dingy, foul smelling hall that made him cringe as he walked in.

“Oh, hello there how may I be of service” A thin dirt covered earth pony walked into the hall he had long messy grey hair, and a dirty blue coat with a scroll cutie mark.

“Yes I have been sent by the princess to discuss the problems the district has been facing lately” Connor took notice to his surroundings.

“Ah yes I received a letter of your arrival…Faith was it, yes…well come to my office and we shall talk there” He smiled and turned around.

“You can refer to me as Mr. Mayor” He said as he took Connor into a very gloomy, nasty room.

He walked into a rectangular room a large book case full of moldy books preset against the left side of the room, and to the right was a large writing desk with quills and parchment scattered over it, in the center were to what he thought to be blue chairs that looked like they would fall apart under the slightest pressure, and finally the Mayors oval desk that had a large candle set of to the side to light his work.

Mayor sat down in the old wood chair that sat behind his desk and with Connors surprise that it did not collapse under his weight.

“So what should we discuss first the sewage leaks, the sickness, or the lack of money given to us by your beloved princess” He spat.

“What do you mean?” Connor asked as he took a seat between the chairs.

“She says she provides, promises medicine, and money but little to none ever comes and ponies die every day as she sits on her royal ass up in the castle” He looked out the large window behind him.

He became silent and looked out the window, but Connor could feel that something was out of place his words make no sense for Celestia told him they have been putting in the largest amount effort to help, a matter of fact the room he stood in felt out of place.

The air was thin and fresh not thick and moldy, also the wood was cracked and looked damp but he could feel solid dry tile flooring, and finally He noticed that one of the books on the shelf was strait and clean not flopped over and covered in grime.

“So what do you propose, or that idiot up there I should say” His voice was slightly different, instead of A wispy dry voice he sounded like a prince for a second or two.

Connor stood up and walked up to the adjacent book and reached up to it.

“Don’t touch that!” He yelled.

“What this?” He pushed the book and then everything became fuzzy and bright and before he could figure out what was happening the room became a shade of white and instead of the poor condition office it became an elegant study room.

Connor turned to face the Mayor but instead of his face he met a small lamp post and everything went black.

Author's Note:

DUN-DUN-DUUUUUN that's it from me for the rest of spring break...hehe.

Anyway i have a one-shot posted and i would be thankful if you could go and check it out

Also if you favored the story HIT THE LIKE BUTTON if you have not done so already THANK YOU.