• ...
21
 177
 4,570

Alpha-Omega

Connor was lying on his back trying to warm himself in the small rays slicing between the trees above, his robes were soaked, and cold from the water. Connor was in deep thought, he was lost, bleeding, cold, and had no idea what he was going to do at the time being.

With his only choice, he sat up, but his chest yelled with pain, and he ignored it the best he could until he was standing strait. Connor started to study the local surroundings, but the only thing that was in view were trees, and trees, and more trees . From where he was standing there were no land marks that he could identify that he saw from the cliff, and there are no trees he could scale.

Well he could make an inventory check.

“Let’s find out” He muttered to himself.

-Hidden blades
-3 rope darts
-7 snares
-Tomahawk
-bait
-2 poison darts
-Musket balls
-Bow and 6 Arrows

That’s all he had on him. Now what he was going to do, was the pressing matter on his mind. Connor made another look around, in front was the river, and behind him the dark eerie forest.

So He turned to the woodland, and started to walk.


========================


“SPIKE” Twilight busted into the Ponyville library calling for her top assistant.

“Wat-whoa thump ” Spike 'was' sleeping on his hidden bed on top of the book selves. Well not any more.

The young dragon stood back up, and started to dust himself off, and looked up to the visitor.

“Ouch, oh Twilight did you need something?” He asked the panting unicorn.

“I need you to send a letter, right, now” Twilight was going to ask what he was doing, but there are more pressing matters.

“Right, got it” Spike ran up the stairs only half-way until…

“I said send a letter, I have already written it” She said calling out to him.

“Oh, right, yea” He was embarrass.

He walked back down, Twilight, using her magic to hand him the scroll, and with a breath of fire the letter disintegrated, and the ashes swirled around, then flew out the open window. Twilight then turned back for the door.

“Hey, Twilight, What was the letter about?” Spike looked up at the doorway.


====================


The forest was humming with strange animals Connor had never heard before, and the wind was rustling the trees, and there leaves, that were a shade of blue instead of the regular green, or even gold and brown like fall. His walk was bringing the memory of what happened, whenever it happened, and it kept him vigilant, with opened eyes, and ears.

Connor would look over his shoulders making sure nothing is following, look to the left, then the right, watching for something that could ambush him, and have a scan in front of him so he knew if something charged head-on. When he heard something off he would stop, and listen. Listen to the forest around him, and when it was clear he would continue on, but softly.

He was so careful, because he is gravely wounded, and he does not want be become more injured, especially in this these woods. Something is wrong about this forest, It is just off in many ways, It’s as if the trees were watching him with hungry eyes. The thing is, it was, and in with its own way.

After about Thirty minutes past scene he had left the river past, and Connor had walked into a small clearing which was a relaxing site, rather than the endless amounts of trees. Connor found a small boulder on the other side a nice place to sit, When he walked up to the rock he sat down to rest, but it didn't last

snap!

Connor snapped his head in every direction, And he saw it, two bright green beading eyes were levitating in the shadow around him, and there was a shuffle of branches to his left.His eyes met Another three pairs of eyes that were staking him. Connor looked back to his right, and the eye were gone, so he turned the opposite direction, and they were gone as well.

He looked back and forth, but they never came back.

"Well,That was odd" Was all that came to mind, but he spoke a bit to early.

As if the words triggered the next chapter of a play, five wolves, looking as if they were covered in wood, leaped from the bushes around him, with snarls, and growls they started to surround him, getting ready to pounce.Connor made a reach for his tomahawk, and then flicked out his wrist blade, and made a attack ready position, trying to watch the pack of five around him.

With out a warning the one behind him leaped for him, he saw it come at the corner of his eye, he spun around, and swung the tomahawk at the wood wolf, It connected between its mouth, and then pulled it down snapping its top jaw into bits. Connor returned to his original attack position, ready for the next one.His chest roared in protest.

He was watching the four left, Leaving a sharp eye on them all.The one to his left reeled back as so the one to his right, Then they pounced at the same time. Connor ducked as one flew above him, and for the other, He came back up, and dove the wrist blade into its neck, when if fell free pushed it off to his left, Where it flopped to the ground in a whimper.

The last three positioned themselves in front of him, And the unexpected happened. The three ran off, and what looked like there tales between there legs. Connor sheathed his weapons, and looked behind himself, and nothing was behind him, only two corpses of the wood wolfs that attacked them, but the air started to become rotten unlike before.

Connor started to feel strange, and misplaced inside, the feeling of grave trouble, he had only felt this way when something massive was going to happen. He looked around, and started to focus on his surroundings paying attention to every detail that others over look.

He listen to everything all the sounds, and smells, made clear sense...

boom...boom...BOOM

The ground shook, and rattled like the forest started to grown.

Crack...Thump The sound of trees being snapped, and falling, filled his ear's.

Connor only turned when he saw over the tree tops, birds flying to the sky above, and even tree branches flying in every direction, and it was coming to his direction. Connor was able to take on whole groups of redcoats, and walk away from it, but this was something he could not win without a cannon, and he could tell. Also with his wound. So with speed he ran to the boulder, and took cover behind it to wait for what is to come over him

The ground started to shake, the air was thundering all around him, but the one thing he could hear the loudest was his heart drumming inside of him. It started to become what sounded like a giant walking, and it wouldn't surprise him all to much, because as he was walking, even if it looked impossible, it had to be real, and he has seen somethings many can not think off being possible, and this just added to list.

"When did it become so quiet" Connor Looked over the rock mass to the woods in front, but there was nothing out of the ordinary, only trees.

BOOMTrees went soaring in every direction, and with deadly splinters, shooting out like darts.

Another wood wolf was standing at was a tree line, but know nothing than stumps, and chunks of timber were scattered all around the clearing, looking like a bomb just went off, it looked as if a hundred other wood wolf were combined into one large mass right in front of him.

If Connor tried to fight that thing, he would surly die in seconds, being a assassin, he is trained to fight, also when to live to strike once more. So with the cover of the rock he sneaked into the tree line, and diapered into the shadow.

But the wolves were not the only thing that watched the fight.