• Published 9th Dec 2012
  • 1,399 Views, 34 Comments

A Storm is Coming - Plasmadon



A wizard who tends to fight fallen angels for a living has to deal with ponies. Guess what happens.

  • ...
6
 34
 1,399

Chapter Five: Going to the Market

Chapter 5" Going to the Market



With the light of the sun glaring through Sarge’s window, all anypony would hear if they listened in was someone cursing out Celestia quite vehemently. Sarge finally gave up trying to get back to sleep and dragged himself out of bed, receiving a rather nasty shock.

Right there, on his bed was a small, dried pool of blood. Sarge began to search himself over in the mirror for any cuts or new scars, quickly passing over the scar covering his cutie mark on his left flank and then he spotted it, a small jagged line on his left shoulder. Cursing his luck, he went to walk away when he experienced a brief flash of pain along the wound.

“Hey Steel, are you awake?” Sarge yelled out.

“Yeah, I’m downstairs, cleaning up,” Steel’s muffle voice called back

“Do you know if there are any bandages in this house yet?” Steel questioned, as he began walking to the kitchen, the most likely place for medical supplies to be stored.

“I think there’s some in the cabinet on the far left side of the freezer. Why?” Steel replied, sounding much closer than earlier.

“When I woke up I found a bunch of blood on the sheets and there’s a nasty looking gash on my shoulder,” Sarge said offhoofedley, as he dug through the cabinet Steel pointed out. “Ah here we go.” Sarge said, pulling out a roll of bandages.

“What how’d that happen?” Steel inquired as he rooted around in the fridge, looking for something to eat.

“It was most likely a minor cut that scabbed over quickly, that ended up ripping open during the night as I tossed about,” Sarge replied, putting the bandages back in place and turning towards the fridge. “So is there anything worth eating in there or do we need to go out and get something?”

“We’ll need to buy something, the only thing in here is a bottle of Apple Cider, and while delicious, it’s just not the same as real apples when you’re hungry,” Steel retorted, closing the fridge. “Who knows, maybe we’ll see Twilight again.”

“Aw does somepony have a crush?” Sarge teased, grabbing his saddlebags, after making sure his bits were in them.

“Meh, I dunno but she is very interesting, never met a mare that shared my love of learning, although I will admit she has a much broader range, anyways we need to head out now so we can eat something today.”

As the two made their way through town towards the town center they heard some familiar voices. They looked over and they saw Rainbow Dash talking to her friends at Applejacks stall.

“And then it went BOOM and the timberwolves took off running and – Hey look, it’s Sarge and Steel, just the ponies I was talking about,” Rainbow said as she spotted them. “Come on over, you two. I was just telling them how you saved me and the CMC.”

“That’s the CMC and I, Rainbow,” Twilight interjected.

“Yeah, yeah whatever Twilight,” Rainbow said, waving her off.

“I agree with Rainbow,” Sarge said playfully. “Besides, ‘me and the CMC’ rhymes.”

“Ah really do need to thank you two, ah dunno what I woulda done if something were to happen to mah sister,” AJ said, giving the pair a large bushel of apples. “Ah heard from RD here that you don’t have much food in that house so ah want you to have this, it’s the least ah could do.”

“Yes, we really must thank you,” Rarity interjected “I really must thank you, and if there’s any way I can repay you, you must let me know.”

“It was nothing you guys, I couldn’t just leave those fillies or RD to be the meal of some timberwolves, I just did what any good pony would do,” Sarge said, hoofing the apples over to Steel.

“Anyways, I was wondering Sarge, in Rainbow’s story she said that the blade of your weapon caught on fire! How did that happen?” Twilight inquired. “The only weapon I’ve heard of that could do that is Amaterasu and that’s laying in the Canterlot armory.”

“Since when would you know anything about weapons Twilight?” Rainbow Dash asked flying down and landing with a clattering of hooves.

“Well my brothers captain of the Royal Guard and he’s told me about all of the legendary weapons he knows about,” Twilight said.

“Wait a minute you have a brother? Your brother’s the captain of the Royal Guard? Why haven’t we heard of him before?” Rainbow Dash questioned.

“I never told you guys about him? It must have slipped my mind, sorry,” Twilight apologized.

“Really Twilight, with as long as we’ve known each other one would think that you would have told us about your brother by now,” Rarity said. “Anyways, Sweetie Bell wanted to thank you personally and asked if you could come visit them at their clubhouse at noon.”

“I don’t think that would be much of a problem, although someone would have to show me where it is, as we’ve never seen it,” Sarge said. “Anyways, we really should get going, we still need to get the rest of the shopping done.”

“Hey Sarge, why don’t you let me finish, you’re still half-asleep,” Steelhoof said. “Besides, the house was a wreck when we got here. Why don’t you go clean up some?”

“Hey, mind if I help?” Rainbow Dash asked. “I want to see what your house looks like, plus you might need help if you need to move something and I don’t want you to hurt yourself more.”

“Alright here you go Rainbow,” Steel said, passing the bushel to her. “Now don’t get lost on your way back this time Sarge!”

“Yeah yeah, whatever. Hey Steel, don’t forget the hay fries!” Sarge shouted as he and Rainbow Dash headed back to the house.

“Hey how’d you get hurt anyways?” Rainbow questioned. “I didn’t notice anything yesterday.”

“We think it had been a small cut from one of the timberwolves yesterday that ripped open during the night,” Sarge said. “Anyways, it’s not that bad as long as I don’t try to lift anything too heavy.”

As the duo made their way back to the house, they found that the door was wide open and Sarge could hear the sounds of somepony making a rather large racket inside.

“No, no, no, if we can’t get this thing back upside right they’re going to kill us,” a young female voice, most likely just a little filly said.

“Ah’m not even sure how we even managed to flip it over in the first place,” a second filly said, sounding a lot like the mare… Applejack? he had just met.

“Well this doesn’t sound too good, we better get in there and make sure those three didn’t break anything, and try not to be too mad alright?” Rainbow said, as she flew towards the door. “Alright you three, what are you doing this time?”

“Eeep!” a third voice answered. “We, um, wanted to help the ponies who saved us so we thought we could help them move in, only… it’s not going so well.”

Sarge caught up with Rainbow Dash and what he saw shocked him. Three fillies, one unicorn with a white coat and purple and pink mane, one orange Pegasus filly with a purple mane, and one yellow earth pony with a red mane and a large bow on her head, were staring up at him apologetically, but that wasn’t the shocking part.

The three fillies had managed to somehow turn the couch upside down, but they had also managed to unpack the few things he and Steel had brought with them, and there were some chairs that were definitely not there before.

“We’re so sorry mister, we didn’t mean to flip it over, we we’re just trying to help you since you saved us from the Timberwolves , we got the stuff unpacked and we even made you some chairs to sit in, well that was mostly Applebloom really, and we cleaned up the basement, please don’t be mad.” The white filly was rambling, trying desperately to both apologize and explain what had happened to the house.

“Don’t worry, I’m not mad. Honestly, you really saved us a lot of time if you got that basement cleaned and I love the chairs
you made. Don’t worry about the couch; Rainbow and I can get it flipped over easily,” Sarge said, as he made his way to the couch. “Guess it’s a good thing you came after all Rainbow, doubt it would be very easy to get this couch flipped over with just myself and three fillies. Speaking of which, you never told me your names.”

“I’m Sweetie Belle,” said the white unicorn filly.

“Ah’m Applebloom,” said the familiar looking earth pony.

“Any relation to Applejack?” Sarge asked, curious.

“She’s mah sister,” Applebloom responded.

“And my sister is Rarity,” Sweetie Belle piped up.

“Well that’s interesting, I was just talking to both of your sisters down at Applejacks stall,” Sarge said. “And you are?” he asked, motioning towards the orange Pegasus, the only one that hadn’t spoken up yet.

“I’m Scootaloo,” the filly said, quivering with excitement. “And the way you were handling those timberwolves was awesome! I was watching you fight from the window and then the other guy threw that thing and then ‘BOOM!’ and it shook the walls and it was AWESOME. You can even compete with Rainbow Dash in levels of awesomeness,” she said, as if it were nearly impossible.

“Thanks, I guess, now after all of that work I bet you fillies are hungry right?” Sarge said, heading towards the kitchen, “Who wants apples?”

“We do!” the three fillies screamed together running towards the table.

“Where should I put them?” Rainbow asked gesturing towards the bushel resting on her back.

“Just put them on the table for now, I’ll find a place after we eat,” Sarge said, as they made their way towards the fillies.

“Alright everypony, dig in!” Rainbow Dash said, placing the apples on the table.

*Knock knock knock*

“Oh, what now?!” Sarge asked rhetorically. He trotted up to the door, sluggishly opening it. A behemoth of a creature gazed at him amusedly.

“Knock, knock,” it said, flashing a wide, gleaming smile.

Comments ( 8 )

Is this the meeting of the two main characters??

EDIT: First!
And now to fufill my holy duty,
2.bp.blogspot.com/-DLKMIHH57P4/Ty8t24F1I6I/AAAAAAAAAU0/9-l1bn7GRsM/s1600/last_first_first_last.jpg

Sorry about the delay in getting this up, I came down sick, as well as having about 20 or so new games to play.....
Oh i also ended up nuking Canada...Twice....and I might have started a nuclear WWIII :twilightblush:
I just don't know what went wrong:derpyderp1:

1991192 And that's how Equestria was made!:pinkiehappy:

1991169 :rainbowderp: so does that make you last or....?:rainbowhuh:

Hey I just noticed something, the chapters I wrote have the chapter number in the title, the chapters you wrote don't

1991339
dude's awesome, even though spit in Tia's face was a bit overboard. also Dicksword powered pendant. so much win.

Login or register to comment