• Published 11th Jan 2012
  • 1,184 Views, 4 Comments

Whom The Belle Tolls - Clockwork Corn



Sweetie Belle and Silver Spoon get stranded during a school field trip.

  • ...
 4
 1,184

Chapter 6: Magic is tricky...

Silver Spoon continued to pace around in a panic. “But if a hurricane hit Ponyville, it could destroy my room! All my toys! My spoons! My outfits! My Jewelry! My-“

“Your friends and family!” Sweetie Belle interjected with disgust.

“Oh yeah, them too. I guess.” Silver Spoon added.

Belle could feel the anger in her reemerging. “You are by the most annoying, arrogant, selfish littl-“

Dash quickly moved over and smothered Belle’s mouth with her hoof. “Stop it! This arguing gets us no where. Wait until we’ve found a way to get back home. Then you two can argue all you like.”

Silver Spoon sighed indignantly. “Can’t you just fly off and get help? I mean I know your wing is hurt but you should still be able to manage just flying gingery home surely?”

Dash hesitated for a moment and then gave in. “Well… I guess I have no choice.” She spread out her wings and began to take flight, trying to ascend slowly into the air… But it was fruitless. She could barely move her broken left wing without feeling agonizing pain, leading her temporarily to hover lopsided less than 4 feet in the air before plopping back to the ground. “Uuugh! No. I really, really can’t.”

Silver Spoon giggled. “But on the plus side, you can do a damn good Derpy impression.” Neither Dash or Belle found the quip particularly amusing.

Dash felt a wave of frustration build and rubbed her face with her hooves. “Come on, Think! Think think think think think think… Ohh what would a smart pony like Twilight Sparkle do?”

“Well she’d use her balloon.” Silver Spoon answered nonchalantly.

Rainbow Dash raised a confused eyebrow “Huh?”

“She has a big balloon. If she was stuck on an island she’d use it and fly away. Obviously.” Silver Spoon explained.

Belle glared at Silver Spoon “And how does that help us!? We don’t have a balloon!”

Silver Spoon shrugged. “That’s not what you asked. You just asked what she would do. And I told you.”

Belle was only too quick to retort. “Why would Twilight even have her balloon WITH her anyway! It’d be back at her home which by the way, she can’t reach because she’d be stranded here!”

Silver Spoon murmured and kicked the ground. “Well… Maybe that’s true but… You know…er… Well I don’t see YOU coming up with anything Sweete Blank! What would a smart pony do if they were trapped here?”

Belle was taken back for a moment. “Well erm…They would erm… Well Twilight could use her magic to teleport! She’d like appear right next to Celestia!”

Silver Spoon chortled at Belle’s answer. “Ha! How would she do that!? She doesn’t even know where she is! She’s stuck on this stupid island. If she tried to teleport she’d just end up in the middle of the sea!”

“Shut up! You don’t know that! It doesn’t matter how far away she is or where she is. She could teleport anywhere she knows!” Belle shouted loudly in defense.

Spoon begun to feel more and more egged on. “Nuh-huh! I bet it’s super-short range and she has to know both where she is and where she is going.”

Rainbow Dash sighed in exasperation. “Guys this really isn’t helping.”

Belle ignored Dash and continued to argue. “Oh? Is that so Mrs know it all. Please do tell, since when were you so knowledgeable about the mechanics of Unicorn’s teleportation abilities Silver Spoon? Did you take a course in teleportation physics while you brushed your hair every morning?”

Silver Spoon nervously flinched a little but refused to back down “No! But I just know! Like everyone knows! It’s obvious! You’re just too dumb to realize it.”

“Dumb!? I’m the unicorn here! I know this stuff better than you do.” Belle’s voice slowly got louder and louder as the tension increased.

Silver Spoon thought back to what her mother always told her, <I>‘when you have nothing constructive left to say, insults are just as useful.</I>’ It had always worked for her before. “Oh please you have no talent at all blank flank, you’d probably shock the world if you even casted a spell!”

“Celeistia can send letters to Twilight no matter where she is or how far she is away!” Belle stated proudly as she really started to believe she was winning this one.

Silver Spoon was quick to respond “That’s not a pony! It’s just a letter! It’s different!”

Belle shrugged “How so?”

Silver Spoon pondered and bit her lip.“Well erm… It’s…”

“Spike!” Rainbow Dash suddenly shouted.

“Yeah Spike! Wait what?” Silver Spoon added, not sure if Dash was defending her or not.

A broad smile appeared on Dash’s face. “I think I know just how we can get out of this mess!”

Comments ( 4 )

i would like to note that this is written by someone who claims not to be a brony
nice work though, corn

This is really good so far, I like it. Good job.

#4 · Jan 11th, 2012 · · ·

the title of the story is screaming metallica or at least to me

Login or register to comment